Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brainstorm Thread, For a new RP of course
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahem,

Judging by previous conversations as well as the low activity in WoH, the plotlines are simply too involved and confusing for any newcomers as well as old participants. (yes, I can use big words like 'participant') So, brainstorm time.

Things we have figured out based on experience :

- No 'all powerful' characters (ex. Arcyakt - he just made things complicated and caused a lot of argument, considering the fact that he had no limit to his powers, and kind of made defeating him illogical)

- Too many factions = bad. It just makes things hectic and hard to put together, expecially since with each new faction, you need at least 3 more characters, usually played by someone that already has multiple characters.

- Large scale = bad. I mean, in WoH, it's all large-scale political schemes that go nowhere. There are no epic duels, huge arguments (Hey, the Sel vs. Niran stuff got old, but it was interesting), etc.

- Feel free to add anything else.

So based on these main no-no's, we need plottage. I was thinking that some kind of plot with two (somewhat equal) sides would be good. WoH was too much, but AMU was too one-sided. I'm sure Kiln and Shogun got bored RPing with only Arcyakt. If we could balance out the sides a little more, it would be good. And of course, there has to be some good old internal conflict.

If most agree with these points, we can get into more specifics.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 15 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

The characters were definately spread much too thin in the WoH RP, so a few large groups should do well, as Danny suggested.

As Danny stated, there needs to be a few groups working together, not too many factions that spread the characters too thin and leave them roleplaying with other characters they have created and not with other RPers.

I think that one side should have a goal, and one side should oppose that goal and try to keep them from reaching it. Doesn't matter if its done with good vs. bad or just opposing sides but there doesn't need to be an all powerful god style character that in truth, could not have been defeated by the heroes.

Though it was rather lonely being one of the villians in AMU it was still interesting once we got closer to the end and I started having duels with the good characters, it made it rather interesting but it would have been better if I'd had some allies that I didn't have to make up myself.

The WoH RP just didn't have what it took to keep going like AMU did, mostly due to the characters being too far away from eachother, which made encounters rare and nearly impossible to set up since all the characters were constanly moving around they rarely met up.

Exactly as Danny said, simple = good. The simplicity of AMU made it great and easy to follow, unlike the last RP which had too much going on...too large scale. Anyways I hope that this new RP can fun rather than turning into an obligation, if it isn't fun for anyone then it is time to retire it.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Apr 15 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

How about a Mage's Guil vs. Necromancer plot? (Dibs on Necromancing!) The necromancers could be trying to ressurect the King of Worms...

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 15 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

What Danny and Kiln have said are very good pointers that has to be followed so the RP can be fun to play in and also have a structure...

If we would split the RP up in two main groups; good vs evil...

At the moment I don't have any great plot ideas, but I hope people will just post what ever they can get out of their head and maybe we can form something here...

+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Apr 15 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Here are some:

Mage's Guild v Necromancers
Blades v Mithic Dawn
Fighter's Guild v The Black(something or other....)
Khajiit bandits v The Imperial Guards

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmm...maybe we should stay away from the 'guild' plots. I mean, if you wanted to be a fighter, you wouldn't very well fit into the mages vs necromancers plot. Conversely, a mage wouldn't fit very well in the khajit vs imperials. That seems almost too limiting to me.

Here's just a kind of random thing I thought of :

There's a huge celebration in a large city. (think the equivalent of mardi gras in New Orleans (before the hurricane, obviously)) Everyone's feasting, having a good time, you know, when something bad happens. (this could be, summoned monsters killing innocents, the local lord assassinated, someone kipnapped) this bad thing is of course, done by the evil group who has some motive that is yet to be determined.

Then, the good guys take it upon themselves to hunt down the bad guys, and from there it really depends on what the bad thing they do to the town is, and the reason for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 15 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Sounds good, but maybe a bit clichéd.

Maybe we could have all one set of characters in a nice little town (chorrol?) When a messenger comes saying a band of bandits(esque) totally wiped out a small village near Chorrol, totally destroying it, and setting fire to it. When we go, there is literally nothing. So we set off in search of the marauders.

This post has been edited by Konradude: Apr 15 2006, 02:58 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Apr 15 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

Well yes i like that idea, but they have to be more than just marauders, I want the Silhouette to be involved since he was a pretty good villain in the first part of WoH.

Or...

Kvatch has been destroyed and it people have taken refuge down the mountainside. Meanwhile the roads have become way too dangerous to leave the encampment and the soldiers are off fighting in other parts of tamriel (we can just say that since the emperor died the provinces are getting rowdy) This could be the story of getting the refugees safely to Skingrad. They have to fight bandits along the way and when they arrive at Skingrad it can be under siege by an unknown army (silhoutte of whoever) The first part is of course breaking the siege up. But all over the place there are agents from a cult. (Mythic dawnish type cult) They have grown and are even threatening taking over Cyrodiil.

Everyone has to be a refugee from Kvatch. They dont all know eachother either because well... its a city it is huge and there is just a few people who actually know eachother.

The only problem is if people want their characters from morrowind to be in it. It would take a really really good explaination of why they are in cyrodiil and specifically Kvatch.

From what i got of Kvatch i think it was like the second nicest city besides the Imperial City since it was on that hilltop and had an arena.

This is just an idea people can build off it or ignore it haha
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 15 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Danny and Konrade's ideas both sounded pretty good to me, Florodine, no offense but your idea sounds like it may be a bit too large scale to me with the huge cult and all...which is what we're trying to avoid.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

It does seem like it's too large-scale, and I don't think many people would like to roleplay a deranged cultist, causing the evil side to be considerably less populated.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Apr 15 2006, 03:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Apr 15 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

yeah it was just an idea... i've been reading Eldest and was thinking about the story with one of the characters and his town there.

Anyway we need a setting. I was thinking Cheydinhal so we could have our characters from Morrowind there.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

In all honesty, I don't think that too many people should use their old morrowind characters. I mean, Everybody knows how say, Sel, would react to any sort of situation since I've been using him so long, and it kinda takes away from the RP.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Apr 15 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

well it depends there are certain characters that weren't used as much. Like my character Florodine. I barely ever used him. And then also I might want Dalrus since she is my main character in Oblivion
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 15 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

This whole Rp is aobut a new start.

Why don't we just make up new characters, eh? Native to Cyrodil. Maye we should start at the coast, Anvil. Then we could use kvatch and say it wasn't daedra, but whoever this silhoutte guy is.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 15 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I like your ideas...especially Dannys...but bear in mind not all of us have played Oblivion...in fact all of us does not even have the game yet. So we will have to help each other with sceneries and so....

But I do not know how to play another charachter than Serene..... sad.gif .....besides..she actually comes from Cyrodiil! tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 15 2006, 04:16 PM)
But I do not know how to play another charachter than Serene..... sad.gif .....besides..she actually comes from Cyrodiil! tongue.gif

Nonsense; you've played countles other characters : Sedrane, Kyara(i thinkg that was her name) therana, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 15 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 15 2006, 09:19 PM)
Nonsense; you've played countles other characters : Sedrane, Kyara(i thinkg that was her name) therana, etc.

Ok then..I plead guilty...have to either invent a new one or use....one of the others, maybe Dahleena.....anyway I will not play too many, it is too much

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Apr 15 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Mabye someone should use fraps (or something) and post a video walkthrough of each city. In doing this, everyone could at least get a look at the main areas...

As to the plot, I have an idea. There has been some crisis that causes the concil to convene(SP?). They gather up in the Imperial City and decided what to do. After much deliberation, the decide to send one or two of the best warriors (includes all classes and skills) from each city to deafeat whatever force is behind the crisis...

Or mabye we all start out as Arena combatants/gamblers?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Maybe we could use a totally new setting that isn't really in a game yet, or put it in a time peroid that would make the cities look very different.

We could do something like Skyrim. I like snow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 15 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I must say that i like Danny's, and Konrad's ideas best...but I think you know a big fight for freedom, say Morrowind declares themselves independent from the Empire, and breaks out of it.

the Empire doe's not wish for this to happen, so they wants to take Morrowind back by force of arms....but it so happens thet it's only Cyrodiil and Skyrim, or something like that supports the empier in this war....the other provinces stay out of it.

So the Tribunal is dead, the Nerevarine have agreed to be Helseths general, and the Empire...well they have the Emperor and several others....this is only a suggestion though....as I have always wanted to take part in an RP like this...but if you dont like it, just tell so.

EDIT:I'll probably enter a young Telina, who is for the most a healer....but I can also controll either the Emperor or the Nerevarine, if we decide to use this Rp, and no one else wants to control them....smile.gif

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Apr 15 2006, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:01 PM