Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

It's my Scottish background that gave me my complexion. The German aspect probably doesn't help either....

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Aug 20 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

You're acting like being pale is necessarily a bad thing... tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Haha, no, that wasn't what I was insinuating. I enjoy my paleness. I like having "whose more white" competitions with my friends. Rarely do I lose biggrin.gif

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
canis216
post Aug 20 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

See, I look better when I'm tanned. The freckles don't stand out in such relief.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 20 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

I am quite pale even by native Floridian standards and Cain is even paler. He did have anemia and pneumonia as a child and his skin is also almost translucent. He won't go barechested even swimming publicly because on his chest and arms you can see ALL the blue veins right under his skin .. the big ones and even the small spider-webby ones ... and frankly, it freaks some people out pretty bad. His friends were telling some girls he was an alien once at the guy's backyard pool and I think the girls were half believing it. Outer space alien, not different country ... but young florida ladies will believe most anything, they've kind of seen it all by age fourteen or so around here.

But Cain also has dark brown eyes and brown hair, I think the contrast makes his skin look even paler. I am not as pale as him but I have dark-blondish hair and bue eyes .. so I am expected to have lighter skin. We both are taken to be much younger than we actually are, so I think it wise to stay out of the sun if you don't want to age too fast in appearance.

Now ... the reason we act so childish - that is a whole different story. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

I'm pale. Yup, as if I'm a vampire who spent just a tad too many nights in his coffin. tongue.gif

Alright Ibis, one giant black-hole bomb to be delivered to your doorstep. Enjoy your awesome universe-destruction capabilities. (Actually, you're not destroying anything, just sucking it all up inside a black hole that grows to be the size of the galaxy.)

And I think I might join that contest, just for kicks. Edit: Nevermind, apparently it has been cancelled. Oh well.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Aug 20 2007, 10:31 AM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Rane
post Aug 20 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #27

Lurker
Group Icon

What the fudge.

Oh well.
+Quote Post
Gaius Maximus
post Aug 20 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #28

Agent

(Weeps over the dead LotR discussion)

Oh well.

(Jumps into the current discussion about being pale)

Hah, I'm pale all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, etc. It's not that I attempt to not be pale... Trying to would consume my dear comp time.

[Golum Voice]Precioussss.... Comp time... Golum, golum![/Golum Voice]

Um... I, of course, am kidding... Dang the extensive vacation that makes me go crazy by the end!

--------------------
It's very important to know what to say. For example, one time I was staying at a hotel, and a dog in the room next to mine started barking at 5 AM... I walked out, opened my mouth, and realized I didn't know what to say. So I just proclaimed 'I've killed before!'
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 20 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #29

Agent

QUOTE(Rane @ Aug 20 2007, 09:56 AM) *

My will has been defied. This is unheard of and dare I say, an outrage.

I will now proceed with writing an unearthly long post about this on my personal blog where I shall list all the reasons why this is unacceptable, followed by taking up poetry, dyeing my hair black and buying all Linkin Park albums.

*deep breath*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :'(((

What have I do... wait a second, I didn't do anything. Mr. R, if you start writing poetry I am invading Finland with sole purpose of whipping yer butt into shape & making you once again a lovable dark antihero hellbent on slaughtering NPC's in various games. With WUB, of course. <3

Now back to being pale. It's not really too palish skin that I have so much as it's way whiter than everyone else in my wider family, with the noble exception of my sister [you're not getting photos, bastards, if you're not a bachelor and have yearly income that's at least 6 figures in some hard currency]. I recall the time I went for my checkup before shipping off to military and one female doctor in ORL said that I had 'aristocratic pale complexion'. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 20 2007, 12:19 PM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Awww I was hoping to see an epic duel between Rane and Wolfie. This is a quest for honour! Especially when one's will is defied!

*vocally urges for bloodshed*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Aug 20 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #31

Mage
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Aug 20 2007, 02:06 PM) *

Awww I was hoping to see an epic duel between Rane and Wolfie. This is a quest for honour! Especially when one's will is defied!

*vocally urges for bloodshed*

No epic duel for you! Unless you want to be the one duelling me tongue.gif
But that, that won't really be epic so much as you running about screaming from my mighty warmech biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Oh, a warmech. What kind? biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm a self-proclaimed robonut. If I could, I would buy just about every japanese mecha anime I could get my hands on. Too bad I can't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 20 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #33

Agent

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Aug 20 2007, 02:52 PM) *

Oh, a warmech. What kind? biggrin.gif

Probably something resembling this.

Anyhow, I have watched clouds cover sky all damn day and now they're moving out... not a single raindrop in the meantime and it's still humid as hell... well, really damp, wet parts of it, at least.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 20 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

I like the Gundam series (Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed being my favorites). The inspiration from those TV shows, Lost Planet, and Armored Core4 (Xbox-360 video games with giant robot gameplay) gave me a base for the 885th Legion in my Fan-Fiction....... Hunter-Seekers and Specters were inspired by CAC 3. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

I've seen a bit of Gundam Seed and Wing. Wing I frankly found a bit boring. There was this cool dude who survived a no-parachute drop from the 50th floor (and a cliff!). He was awesome but the rest I found disappointing. And the story didn't quite have it for me. My other favourite character there was the guy with the braided hair and the scythe using gundam. Least favourite. The girl.

Seed wasn't quite my thing either. Kira and Asran annoyed the heck out of me. Like gosh, can't they ever bring up different arguments after their half a dozen duels? And the battleship was too damn invincible. I did like the blond pilot fella though.

I've seen quite a bit of Super Robot wars (both Divine wars and the OVA. I preferred Divine wars, the OVA was too much 'watch Kyosuke kick behind in his invulnerable Alt-Eisen Riese). I hope I come across the last five episodes someday. I want to see SRX! tongue.gif

Other than that, I've been following Gundam Seed Destiny for a while. I absolutely hate Shinn (red-eyed Asran, only ten times as annoying.)
I also hate (in no order of preference)
The military girl with the pink skirt. Geez, what's with the constant Asran chasing?
The fake Lacus with the awfull dress that looks like it should fall down her legs whenever she breathes. She's like, another Asran nut and just plain annoying. By the way, is Asran a girl magnet or something?
Cagalli. Ok, you run onto a battlefield and think that everyone will just drop their guns and have a picnic together just because you order them? Geez, if Kira wasn't around to shoot down a missile swarm you would be swiss cheese by now.
The first officer. You look nice, but you should try to say something else than: ,,What?!" Talk about a limited vocabulary.

That said, I do happen to like Kira more now. Sure, he takes out all the tension but it is just cool to see some guy go uber and take out like 30+ grunts in less than a minute without killing anyone, just chopping and shooting off limbs everywhere. Also, Freedom has way too many guns. cool.gif

So let's go with another list. Cool dudes this time. Sorry, but I haven't come across a cool female yet. Though Lacus is nice. Probably the only one who doesn't shout and scream and chase guys all the time. If everyone was so calm, the world would be a better place. Ok, the list.

Masked dude: Dang man, that's a cool mask. Too bad you exchanged your badass fighter for a repainted grunt mech. You rocked in that thing.
The scarred fella with one eye. He's got a prostethic arm with a gun mounted inside! cool.gif

Wow, short list. Ok, another one. Cool mecha!

Freedom: I dig those guns man.

Zakus: They're cool, but their pilots suck.

The grunt mechs that constantly attack the Minerva: They look like a cheap gundam. But their pilots should really learn that flying in formation in a straight line is not how you should fly on a battlefield. Even Shinn can take them down like flies.

Saviour: Pretty cool, but Asran can't bring out the best of it. Also, it got chopped up by Freedom. The lesson? Don't mess with Freedom. nono.gif

Gaia: Out of the stolen ones, this is the coolest. Too bad it can't fly and is piloted by a split personality lunatic.

The fighter the masked dude uses in the first few episodes: Detachable gunpods, yeah baby!

Impulse: You're quite cool but you're piloted by the most annoying dude ever (Shinn). Also, can Shinn pull of a single launch without his stupid barrel roll? Even when he was ferrying a dying person (Gaia's lunatic), he had to do a few barrel rolls first! Idiot!

Archangel: A sub, a spaceship and Freedom's carrier? Nice.

Minerva: Cool guns, but I don't like the launch deck for Impulse and the stupid 'bridge on an elevator'. I mean, I know that you want to be able to move your bridge away from those huge windows and into a more secured position, but you shouldn't have windows in the first place. Also, how secured is your secured position if even there you have windows? I mean, do you like it to have an enemy hover and point a gun at the ship, effectively taking your whole warship hostage? (Which reminds me, why do those cool guns stop firing all of a sudden when the hostage situation occurs?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gaius Maximus
post Aug 20 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #36

Agent

Gack, the unknown-thing-ness! The mech-discussion-ness! The... oh, you get it.

But anyway, if talking about mechs, then there was this whole cool happening in Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior that involved not quite mechs, but half-mech people.

I was playing as a Fire Warrior (No, duh!) La'Kais, and had to rescue some general guy of our army (The Tau Empire). Well, nothing easier, run through a huge open space while being shot at from a huge aircraft, dive down into a passage, get shot at, then free this guy.

So ok, I run out into a massive area where a cutscene shows my guy attempting to free the general guy (I was looking somewhat like these guys, only lots cooler, since it was in-game and these are collectibles), only to be cut off by two Ultramarines, my first face-off against the dreaded guys. For comparison, take their head guy. They all look pretty much like that, sized like one Fire Warrior and half, only they wear those helmets that look 10 times better than mine (Come to think, my helmet looks like a... well, you know what I mean.). Pretty equal fight, huh? Plus, they were carrying like the friggin' best weapons I've yet seen. Was pretty good for them, until I didn't blast their whole suits offline along with them. biggrin.gif

And then I thought they were scary. But yet to come were Chaos Marines, these guys make no sense, popping out of nowhere with their fancy-pants grenade launchers...

This post has been edited by Gaius Maximus: Aug 20 2007, 08:28 PM

--------------------
It's very important to know what to say. For example, one time I was staying at a hotel, and a dog in the room next to mine started barking at 5 AM... I walked out, opened my mouth, and realized I didn't know what to say. So I just proclaimed 'I've killed before!'
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Sounds like you had some fun. I assume that the game is some sort of first/third person shooter?

I've got tons of favourite mechs.
Vampire: General soldier machine. Only limited flight, but comes with a wide variety of guns, grenades and perhaps a chainsaw.
Vampire MK-II: Basically the same thing, only better.
Zephyr: Full flight, twin gravity compression swords (swinging miniature black holes for melee? Yup), several guns and transformable into a fighter.
Silberfeder: Actually a civilian showmodel. Designed for a dancing contest (yes, dancing giant robots.), but it can also fly real fast.
Silberschwert: Same propulsion system as the Silberfeder and that's where similarities end. This is a close-combat model, complete with huge blade on head.
Soldares Infini: Over a hundred metres tall, and just as uber as its height suggests.
Eve: Ok, this is actually an alien but it looks like a mech.

Now don't bother looking on the net. They're all my creations and I have yet to model them. Except for the Soldares Infini, I haven't even begun on them yet. tongue.gif

For the Sol Infini, go here: Yes, here. Click it or leave it.

Yeah, I'm mean. Ok, for existing ones, I'd say Cybuster is hot. Or Freedom.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 20 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Hey, Jack, could you ever try and make a model/render for somr of my mechs. Just asking, it would be cool to see them in 3D (I can't even draw them in 2D if I wanted to).
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

I would love to. I do need tons of information though. Thruster placement, thruster style, guns, things like that. Pm me anytime you like. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gaius Maximus
post Aug 20 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #40

Agent

Yep, it's a 1st person shooter (it's equally fun with Halo, due to both being good games where enemies have an actual AI) with my armor suit being shown in several cutscenes. It's taking place in Warhammer Universe, at the Tau invasion of Earth (Tau being the most advanced ranged fighters, I love their rifles) which was in response to whatever Imperium of Man did to Tau. I think it was capture of one of the spaceships, or leaders.

By the end, the Tau and Imperium got allied, and I've heard rumors my char will get to fight a Chaos Prince aided by the commander of Ultramarines (Oh, that'd be AWESOME!), but for now, I'm pretty much stuck: the Chaos Marines (Couldn't pick up a screenshot of them in-game, but they look pretty much like that, minus the helmet with horns - they've got a deeper-reddish armor, and a helmet that's as spiky as the rest of their armor) are blocking my way, and the only thing they carry are the stupid grenade launchers that take down half my health, but aren't of much use due to the teleporting abbility of Chaos Marines. Dang their powers... I can't get past the destroying of the main engine of the Human Spaceship, due to the fact that they keep spawning behind my back when I try to make haste.

EDIT: Okay, all this Warhammer 40k discussion made me want to write a fanfic about it. Knowing me, I'll probably do it... which forum would be the most suitable for it? The Fan Fiction one, I guess?

This post has been edited by Gaius Maximus: Aug 20 2007, 10:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

706 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 AM