Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange hobbies
The Ascendant
post Apr 29 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #81

Retainer

I used to have an obsession with collecting Ordinator helmets. They all attacked me permenantly on my first account from when I wore indoril in Vivec and talked to one... so I made a hobby of collecting their helmets. I covered the roof of every building in Balmora with them and was beginning to pave the streets before Oblivion came out...

I also liked collecting the books and ended up converting half of Balmora into libraries just to accomodate my book collection. Dwemer artifacts also fascinated me... I had a whole bunch of them and was scouring every ruin for them before I was distracted by deciding to try covering Balmora in Ordinator helmets indifferent.gif

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jun 24 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #82

Agent

another wierd thing i do is that i always wear a dark brotherhood right pauldron and right gauntlet (?). also, i take off my dark brotherhood armor (except for the pauldron and gauntlet) when I'm in town and wear exquisite pants and shoes but no shirt. biggrin.gif kinda wierd wacko.gif i guess i like full metal alchemist too much laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dagoth carlos
post Jun 27 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #83

Finder
Group Icon

haha... one strange hobbie i have in MW is making my dinner tables(the majority of which are from house mods/ex. balmora expansion/ my mournholdmanor/ archmage tower) look pretty by adding certain ingred's that i would eat if i were in morrowind onto tables and plates...
IPB Image
IPB Image

I also like to take pictures with Queen Eowyn npc from the "Helios Keep" mod
almost like... my character and her were both king and queen...
IPB Image

--------------------
"Every day we spend here is like we're dying slowly"
"but now (insert your name) is here, now i know, that there really
is a world out side."
+Quote Post
Legato
post Jul 3 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #84

Retainer

I have a complete collection of mundane weapons and armor (no unique items allowed) and display them with the Mannequins Mod in my house. I also make my character wear nothing while fighting hand-to-hand regaurdless of situation. It evens things out when I have boxing matches with Vivec. :wink: I also use the Amulet of Domination to make NPCs crowd around my house, then I get them all to fight me at once just to see if the naked madman can face down the masses and win.

--------------------
If you are a dreamer, come in!
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer,
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!
- Shel Silverstein
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 3 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #85

Master
Group Icon

I make spells that are so powerful you can't even cast them with Atronach, Altmer, 100 willpower/intelligence and 100 skill in the right school. I need tgm or serious buffing just to even have a chance to cast it. But the devastation is all worth it. biggrin.gif And they always look cool on the magic screen.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 9 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #86

Knower
Group Icon

My Morrowind mage has over 1700 magicka without Mantle of woe, cheats or mods; so I have a few spells like that which although I have enough magicka for, 100 skill isn't enough to cast them, so I have a few fortify destruction etc 100 spells for when I want to start frying some gods.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 9 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

1700 Magicka?! ohmy.gif How do you do that?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 10 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #88

Agent

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Jul 9 2006, 07:35 AM) *

1700 Magicka?! ohmy.gif How do you do that?

he's probably got some good enchantments.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 10 2006, 06:51 AM
Post #89

Knower
Group Icon

High elf, apprentice (atronach has more magicka but I don't like the stunted magicka) and a ton of enchantments, I still have some more slots to fill so I could get some more, with mantle of woe I have something like 2400 but I usually just wear Robe of Drake's pride for the feather.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 10 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #90

Master
Group Icon

Ah, so it's just a matter of enchanting every single piece of clothing and armour? Maybe I'll try that someday. But I have to admit that my Redguard only uses rings and amulets so he's not too heavily enchanted. (Roleplaying reasons)

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jul 10 2006, 09:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 28 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #91

Master
Group Icon

Ok, this is an old thread I know. However, I just have gotten myself a new Morrowind 'hobby'. After all, after going through all the quests a couple of time you need to roleplay in order to keep yourself entertained.

With my latest character, I collect every robe I see. I then keep them around in my inventory for special occasions. Normally, I use a common brown robe to look like your average pilgrim. For Mage bussiness he wears a common blue robe. When talking to nobles he wears an expensive green robe. Finally, when my character has to fight, he switches to the blue extravagant robe with that big spider hugging the chest. (my favoruite robe) It adds to the looking good factor when he's frying everything in sight with big shock spells. cool.gif

I even go so far as pretending that each robe is a separate identity. Too bad none of the NPCs want to play along with that though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Dec 29 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #92

Knower
Group Icon

In morrowind I collected every piece of clothing in the game, some of the rarer ones look quite cool. In oblivion I am also collecting every piece of clothing in the game, and I also change clothing depending on what I'm doing and the weather, there is a piece of clothing for every occasion.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 30 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Well.

For Roleplaying reasons, I exploited Solsthiem. Why, you ask? Well i gladly tell you.

There is no black robe available easily in the game, none. Not One! Except on the dead corpse of a Glemoril Witch, and I needed a black robe for my New Nightblade Character, the Breton Daric Thorn.

So yes, I was running around Solsthiem with the Boots of Blinding Speed, speeding through the main quest, with a level two breton nightblade, good stuff. And yes, all for a three pound, unenchanted ROBE! Tell me thats not dedication!

Now to work my way up the Morag Tong once more for the Black gloves to match them!

Whats that you say? You were in Solstheim, wear Treachery and Deceit? I AM! I HATE the look of enchanted clothes! When swimming underwater, I look like Mickey Mouse wearing his white gloves!
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 30 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #94

Master
Group Icon

That's dedication alright.

Also a nice challenge I've made for myself is the no weapons challenge. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's done this but it really brings you back in perspective. I mean, everyone can swing a giant Claymore and do 80+ points of damage with each hit but it takes patience to punch all your foes into Oblivion. I also don't buy any form of armor. Light armor is allowed but only when looted from defeated enemies. And no Glass.

Finally, no offensive spells or boosting of stats through other means than potions. And only one potion active at any time. I can't wait till I get to challenge Atronach's. Or think of the humiliation when I defeat Dagoth Ur with a fist to the mask. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 31 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #95

Knower
Group Icon

I have a falmer character (which I haven't played in a month or two, but who I'll get back to) who is honor-bound to (eventually) kill every nord she meets. (Falmer + nord = violence) Including nords who provide services. Just wait until she gets to Solstheim...

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Thoron the Hunter
post Dec 31 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #96

Retainer

I like to free slaves

--------------------
Writer in Order of Scholars : Thoron the Hunter

Stories Written:
The Hunter

'This bow, which I still use today, will be sacred... until the day my heart is limp and unable to breath.'
Excerpt from The Hunter
+Quote Post
ugmung
post Jan 20 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #97

Retainer

i like collecting daggers and enchanting them i dont know why. but from what i read what i do isnt as weird as the stuff other people do biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:11 AM