43 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Wobbly Goblet Playground
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 22 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla turned her face slightly to the...man? The person who was speaking to...someone and nodded, keeping her eyes on the bard.

"Hmm." She mumbled non-commitedly, her eyes never leaving the lips of the handsome elf, except on occasion when they locked eyes.

"Oh..." She breathed quietly to Abiene and Aravi. She felt her chest heave slightly and she bit her lip, blushing. "He has a wonderful voice. I wonder..." She let out a short, breathy laugh and shook her head. "No, I'll leave him alone. He''ll set his sights on another woman soon enough."

'One with smooth, unblemished skin.'

She turned back to her plate and stared at her mushroom, picking at it with her fork.

'He has such a lovely voice...'

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: May 22 2013, 02:55 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 22 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

"Good evening. I'm Aravi," the Khajiit replied. Her fur was pale, and she looked skinny, but tough. Wiry.

"Theudebald," the mercenary said.

In the background, he heard and saw the Imperial warn the dunmer boy he was handing his armour to; "If I find a scratch that was never there before . . . I'll break both of your hands." He resisted the urge to snort in laughter at that. Instead, he turned his attention back to Aravi; the High Elf with her seemed to be distracted by the bard, not that he blamed her for that.

"So what brings you and your friend here on this fine night?" he asked.
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 22 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

“His name is Laegon,” Abiene murmured to Kayla.

A large man with a shock of white hair was introducing himself to Aravi. Abiene gave him a smile of greeting as she returned to her seat, but she didn’t interrupt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 22 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Irvana.

The fog was icy and wet, and a cold wind blew through the shadowed forest, but Irvana barely noticed the chill. The trees, naked and skeletal, grabbed at her as she ran frantically through the woods. A waning Masser shone through the barren tree branches overhead. Black clouds drifted above like a veil. Her jet black hair, lustrous and dark, streamed wildly behind her. Panic was in her eyes. Tears were smeared over her cheeks. Spilled blood streaked her gown, glistening in the moonlight. The sticky crimson nectar had soaked through the linen, causing the thin fabric to cling to her skin. Her pale feet ran over a wet carpet of leaves.

Thunder roared high above her. A jagged bolt of lightning ripped the sky. Rain poured down in sheets again, drenching Irvana. The ground turned to mud beneath her feet. Muck oozed between her cold toes and one misstep would result in her slipping and falling.

The blood upon her black clothes was not only her own, but it belonged to whatever creature had attacked her that night. And rumor around the neighboring village was that the nosferatu were about, and had taken up residence nearby. There was no doubt that the culprit was a vampire, who had been stalking these parts in hopes for a nocturnal snack. With one of the swords clinging to her side, she was able to save herself before the monster tried to drain her blood.

A building and a stable loomed before her, visible through the lights coming from within. As she drew nearer the large wooden structure, she saw that the stable was full of horses. She ran to it, screaming at the top of her lungs as blood fell from a punctured wound in her neck. She could hear the frightened horses whinnying in alarm. The animals were absolutely terrified.

With one final cry for help, she dashed into the stables. A roof provided welcome relief from the downpour. Crazed horses kicked and bucked violently in their stalls, frightened and terrified by the storm and Divines only knew what else. Their hooves pounded against the ground. Irvana could not spare a minute to look at the horses, and she cried for aid.

Breathing hard, she shouted. “Help! Someone help me! Please, help me!”

Water streamed from her black hair and clothes. The air reeked of hay, horse dung, animal sweat, and blood. Her knees shook and she fell to the ground the moment a Bosmer came out to see what the dramatic fuss was about. Irvana saw him, and tumbled over.

“I’ve been bitten. Please,” her voice trailed off. “Help . . .please . . . I think its still out there. Take me inside . . . let me in."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 22 2013, 09:57 PM

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 22 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

Lowren

Lowren was in Sapphire’s stall when the cats disappeared. An instant later someone came screaming into the stable. He cast his Calm spell to settle the horses. Hopefully it would work on her, too. Lowren disliked a fuss, and this woman was certainly making one.

She toppled over as he walked out into the alley between the stalls.

“I’ve been bitten. Please,” her voice trailed off. “Help . . .please . . . I think it’s still out there. Take me inside . . . let me in."

“All right, lady. You made it here, so get a grip on yourself. I guess you don’t have a horse. Go on inside the tavern. There’s a healer and a Legion Rider in there.”

The woman appeared to be bleeding from her neck. Lowren grimaced. By Y’ffre, she’s a mess.

“Do you think you can make it a few more steps? I have some ointment you can put on that wound, if you want. Otherwise just head up toward the lights. I don’t want to leave the horses if there’s a creature about.”

He looked out the open door.

“Looks like it’s raining again. These spring storms can be unpredictable. Well, you can’t get any wetter.” And you could stand a wash. He glanced back at the woman.

This post has been edited by Grits: May 22 2013, 10:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 22 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

"Laegon." The name rolled off of Kayla's tongue easily. She shot him another smile and turned quickly to hide the blush. She finished her mushroom and looked at Aravi's dessert.

'That looks delicious.'

She drank the rest of her wine in two gulps and looked around to place an order for the cobbler

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 22 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

Irvana shook her head, lips trembling ever so slightly. "No. I don't have a horse." She said in between smaller gasps, looking back and forth as he spoke. "The creature. Its out there . . . its out there!"

But she turned her head to the dark forest. No monster was there. No blood-sucking parasite wanting to drain her. At this point she knew she was safe from whatever attacked her earlier that night, and she turned to the Bosmer who tended to the horses. He was more concerned for them than her, and she understood it. There was safety in the inn that she now saw was the Wobbling Goblet, and she would feel better knowing there was a Legion rider and a healer in there. Irvana nodded at him, wordless.

Her legs were buckled, and she would have fallen, until her hand grabbed his shoulder. She rested her weight against his, and waited before speaking. "I can . . . manage. I think."

She took a few measured steps, and then hurried off into the inn. She stepped toward the door and glanced back at the Bosmeri man. "Be safe!"

Irvana turned the knob, still feeling the low flow of red fluid from her neck. It didn't puncture her deeply as it would've. She supposed she had enough courage to ward off her attacker before any true damage was done, nonetheless the fangs had tore through part of her skin.

Her cold hand gripped the wound and she pressed against it as her other hand opened the door. She entered the tavern and stepped inside very quickly. Her bare feet graced over the mud and water, and she lost her footing and slipped at the entrance. Her two sabers failed to cushion her fall and she fell on top of one of them, the sheathed weapon colliding with her side.

She fell, and remained on the floor until she began rising slowly. Swearing a few words as she sat up. She looked about, wide-eyed and with fear registered on her face. But there was no reason for fear here. There were armored individuals and armed women and a large hulking man. She sighed, and squeezed her neck.

"Is anyone here the healer?" she asked with a timid voice. "I need assistance."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 23 2013, 01:07 AM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

"So what brings you and your friend here on this fine night?" "Theudebald asked.

“Nice to meet you Theudebald.” My friend? She looked at Kayla. I suppose so. I know very little about her, but she’s been kind.

“The storm blew me in, and Kayla came for the bard if I’m not mistaken.” She suspected the weather brought him in as well but she asked anyways, “what brought you here?”

Her question was interrupted by a loud thump by the door. A woman fell, and was asking for a healer. She had blood on her neck. Aravi looked at Abiene. "I have some skill, but it's nothing elegant."

Abiene was already standing. “Don’t worry, I will help her.”

Aravi stood up as well. “I’ll go with you.”Abiene nodded. Maybe I’ll learn something. Maybe my limited magicka will be of some help.

They walked to the woman, another Imperial from what Aravi saw. The scent of blood was strong enough that Aravi was sure anyone with a nose could smell it. Blood mixed with mud, making the woman’s clothes a dirty red color. Aravi was sure it wasn’t all hers if she was capable of standing and calling for a healer. She noticed the woman carried a pair of sabers.

“What happened?” Aravi asked. She saw the bite on the woman's neck and ice filled her veins.

This post has been edited by King Coin: May 23 2013, 01:39 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 23 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Irvana was getting back on her feet when two people came to her aid. A female Khajiit with white fur akin to that of a snow leopard and a gown-wearing Breton woman. Irvana still had her black cloak hung over her shoulders when she entered; it was meant to keep her hidden from potential enemies, though it didn't help her one bit.

The Khajiit asked her what happened, and Irvana groaned. She massaged the wound and then removed her blood-stained hands. "It said it wanted my blood. I needed to drink." She whispered, looking at the door and backing away from it. She clearly had the look of a distraught young woman.

She brought her hands to her belly where scratch marks cut her flesh. "It was a man. But a creature, too." Her eyes widened slightly. "A vampire! One of the wild ones!"

Then she looked at one of her sabers and let out an embarrased giggle. "I never struck against it. It fell on my sword by accident and then . . . it turned to dust. It was just gone!"

Irvana swallowed hard and gritted her teeth as the pain grew. "But I know there is another one and its after me." She looked to the Khajiit now, and offered a frightened smile. "I will assume you're the healer."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 23 2013, 01:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 23 2013, 03:08 AM
Post #70

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

The woman gave Aravi a shaky smile. “I will assume you're the healer,” she said.

The legionnaire moved Abiene aside before she could reply.

“You say there is another vampire?” the legionnaire asked the woman. “Did you see it? Where were you attacked? Here, show me on this map.”

Some of the others were gathering around the group.

Abiene caught Hethilion’s eye. “Let’s get her a room and a bath,” she told him. “Don’t worry if she’s lost her purse, I’ll cover the cost. And please ask the cook for some bread and hot broth.” She nodded toward the stairs to get him moving.

Abiene looked the woman over as the legionnaire questioned her. She wore two swords but no shoes. One hand kept returning to the wound on her neck while the other pressed at her belly. She looks like an Imperial, thought Abiene. Good. She won’t resist my spells.

She readied a spell to ease the woman’s fatigue and another to steady her nerves, waiting for the legionnaire to finish.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 23 2013, 03:26 AM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla listened intently, keeping her place on the stool. Before she could check on the woman, others had jumped to her intended place by her side and inquired about her health. Kayla stood over to the side and observed the scene.

Bite marks on her neck. Bitten. She pulled out a cure disease potion and handed it to Abiene.

"For the disease," she said for clarification. "I can imagine this young woman doesn't want to become some bloodsucking fiend."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 23 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

A woman with short brown hair rushed up to Irvana, and from her armor and serious question, the wounded Imperial could see that this must of been the legionnaire the bosmer outside was speaking of. She held out a map to Irvana, and asked with urgency where the location of the incident was, and the physical description of the assailant. Irvana took a moment to compose herself, and then she nodded as the memory came to her.

She took a finger and set it on the map. "Here, just a half a mile from that local cavern."

Irvana's mind began to reflect on the attacker's appearance, and she trembled. "It was too dark for me to see, but I knew it was a man. I mean it sounded like a man. All I could see was red glowing eyes . . . and that was it. The first one died, and the second one only stared at me from behind the tree."

She gulped. "I don't know why he spared me, but I think he's stalking me. He wants to save me for later." Irvana looked at the legionnaire. "Promise me you'll kill it?"

The breton woman spoke now, and exchanged glances with an altmer Irvana can only assume would be the housekeeper. She was generous enough to offer to pay for the room and bath, and food as well. This brought a genuine smile to Irvana's face. She'd found the right place. People here were kind, unlike the dark wilderness out there. "Thank you, Divines bless you."

A high elf woman spoke this time, and Irvana set her eyes on her. She had a potion in her hand and by her words, Irvana could discern it was made to ward off any infection one might contract if bitten. She grinned with a friendly smirk at the Altmer. "I can imagine it is a fate worse than death. I'd appreciate it. And for your troubles, I can reward you in the best way possible whenever I get my purse back." She chuckled.

Irvana looked to the breton woman and saw her hands prepared to cast a spell. She winced and rubbed her belly. "I suppose you don't have another vial I can drink? Something to heal my wounds? That is all I ask."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 23 2013, 12:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 23 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene

The legionnaire gave a sharp nod. “I will inform my superiors of the situation. Perhaps they will increase the Foresters’ patrols and catch that fiend.” She glanced around at the group. “There's evil afoot, citizens. If you've got to travel, by the Nine Divines, stay on the roads!” She headed back toward the bar, Abiene assumed to collect her gear and settle her tab.

The injured woman seemed to have gathered her wits. She accepted Kayla's potion. “I suppose you don't have another vial I can drink?” she asked. “Something to heal my wounds? That is all I ask.”

Abiene spoke up. “I feel certain that one of these warriors will have a healing potion, but might I suggest another course? I am a healer of the Great Chapel of Stendarr. Would you like me to tend your wounds instead? In private, of course. I’m afraid that a potion might leave you with scars, and I have the skill to prevent them.”

She hoped she hadn’t offended Kayla. No doubt her potions were as strong as her poisons, but the scars she bore hinted at their shortcomings.

Another matter weighed on her mind. The Legion does not make a habit of purging caves, she thought. I wonder if any of these fighters will take up the task. And if they all will return.

This post has been edited by Grits: May 23 2013, 02:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 23 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

Irvana nodded and thanked the Imperial legionnaire for her brave words and honest interest in bringing the attacker to justice. More patrols would be just perfect, and Irvana had no doubt they would make a formidable force against the vampire. But deep down inside she feared otherwise but was wise enough to hold her tongue. She had no desire to start a squabble or show her lack of faith in the legion.

Those animalistic fiends must be destroyed, Irvana thought. But mere legion guards might not be sufficient. They might be overwhelmed!

The Imperial noblewoman looked at the Breton for a second, and considered her words deeply. She wasn't comfortable with being touched by others when spells were involved. Irvana bit her lip in uncertainty, and pondered on the issue. She rubbed the neck wound where two fang marks were, and then looked at the scratches on her belly. She decided that there would be no harm in allowing a healer to work her magic.

"Yes," Irvana said after hesitating. "I would rather be healed from these infernal injuries than be forever scarred by them."

She looked at the Altmer woman who offered the potion, and bowed her head slightly. "Thank you again."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 23 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla frowned. That's the second time someone has mentioned scarring, she thought. She huffed and cracked her knuckles audibly. She wondered what an extra patrol of Legionairres would do besides drive the vampires slightly deeper. Make them more cunning, she thought.

"I hunt vampires." She told the Legion rider. "You can save manpower by sending me. I've been doing this for fifteen years. And of O die, then you've lost one, not ten."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 23 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

Irvana looked directly at the Altmer woman now, who huffed and cracked her knuckles in a sign of annoyance or anger. Her attitude, appearance and of course, outfit told Irvana that she was a capable woman who has seen battles before. The brave females that a child could read about in tall-tale stories and men would dream about when sleeping in their beds with their ordinary wives. But what captivated Irvana's attention, and held it, was the woman's revelation of being a vampire hunter. The Imperial woman smiled, but it was more of a hidden one.

She might be capable of securing the dark forest, and saving the farmers nearby from certain doom, Irvana thought, and then some more. But if she's a vampire hunter of skill who's been doing this for fifteen years wouldn't she have sniffed out the pests and killed them by now?

She would not fault the woman for that. Vampires are crafty and deceiving creatures, masters of lies and shadows. They could easily hide in the darkness and avoid detection, and it could take many decades for a vampire hunter to truly master their career.

This brought Irvana to a book she once read called Immortal Blood. Though it was a tale of fiction among the common people, with some truth to it, it nevertheless confirmed the craftiness of these creatures and showed that even a talented vampire hunter could fail.

Interrupting, Irvana touched the Altmer woman on the shoulders. "Brave of you! I would reward you with my coin saved in my coffers if you could bring me the dust of these neferious leeches."

Then concern was written over her expression. Her eyes searched the Altmer's. "But there might be too many of them. You might need the aid of other vampire hunters if there is a nest of them in the wilderness."

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 23 2013, 08:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 24 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

"I hunt vampires. You can save manpower by sending me. I've been doing this for fifteen years. And of I die, then you've lost one, not ten." Kayla piped up immediately.

I hope she doesn't want to start hunting tonight, Aravi thought to herself. She was tired and was looking forward to a hot bath and plenty of rest after spending days on the road. But then, she certainly wasn’t going to be left out of a vampire hunt. She cared little for the promised reward; she had plenty of coin from the artifacts and oddities she found in her travels. She cared more for Kayla’s and the local’s safety.

Aravi touched Kayla’s arm to get her attention. “I’ll go with you."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post May 24 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla turned to Aravi and nodded. "We can rest tonight. But tomorrow I'm heading out. It's too difficult to see anything in this rain." She turned to the young Imperial. "Keep your money. I appreciate it, but no thank you. This is something I do. I can't guarantee the dust, but I'll do what I can."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 24 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #79

Master
Group Icon

Irvana saw that the high elf woman was honorable, and chose that her duty to wiping out the nosferatu was greater than her need for reward. And Irvana had no problem with that. We need more people like her in the world, she thought. But going out at this hour was no good, and the last thing she wanted was for the hunter to fail in her quest or the legion for that matter. They are at a tremendous disadvantage.

She looked at the Khajiit, who gently touched the woman for attention. She could see they were friends, or at least well acquainted. The Khajiit, despite looking tired, was also eager to join. Was she a vampire hunter as well, or did she simply wished to go on an adventure and do the villagers some good?

Irvana nodded at the words of the high elf woman, and bit her lip as if nervous. "It is very dangerous out there and I was foolish enough travel at this hour. Vampires sleep during the day, yes? It would be wise to venture into their lair when they least expect it."

She rubbed the back of neck. "I suppose I've caused too much trouble already. I never meant to be the bringer of so much drama. My name is Irvana." She smiled this time, without showing her teeth.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: May 24 2013, 12:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 24 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

"We can rest tonight…”

Aravi sighed inwardly. That at least meant that she would have her bath and a good night’s sleep. And I won’t risk missing Abiene in the morning either.She still had her own purpose for being here.

“ …My name is Irvana," the Imperial introduced herself.

“I’m Aravi.” Aravi had to look up at the Imperial. She doesn’t seem like she knows much about defending herself. What was she doing out on her own at this time anyways?

“You should go up so Abiene can close your wounds. Do you need help?” Aravi looked to Abiene and Irvana.

--------------------

+Quote Post

43 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:40 PM