3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout Character Ideas
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

We have character/roleplay idea threads for Oblivion and Skyrim, so I thought I would create one for the Fallout games. I wonder if we could use a Fallout section now?

For a while now I have been kicking around the idea of playing The Shoveler (inspired by the character with the same name from Mystery men). She would use a shovel for a main weapon, the nailgun for a ranged weapon, wear the construction helmet, and maybe the roving trader outfit (as it has lots of pockets and little do-dads hanging off of it).

Over time this idea morphed into one of playing a character like The Undertaker. But with a shovel (to bury their victims of course). Today I made a breakthrough with the Undertaker concept. The character will be a Lich, and use the Deadwalker mod I created in both FO3 and New Vegas for Persephone. But the twist with the new character is that she is a Mad Scientist who made herself undead. Probably with some sort of Prometheus Serum.

So I was thinking of wearing one of the Mad Scientist Scrubs from Old World Blues. But I am not sure about the colors. They come in red, green, and sort of teal, and an off-white. The only one that might work is the white. But I already have a character in white - Persephone. So I'd rather not go there again. So I am thinking of making a black version of the scrubs. Some quick testing has already been promising. Some other ideas on clothing are the black and red Outcast Robes, or the Outcast Recon Armor.

I have thought about covering part of some of her face. Using the breath mask from Lonesome Road plus some sort of helmet or hat is one idea. Another is to try one of the versions of the Lobotomite Masks - with or without goggles. The Valence-Oscillator (halo) is in the running too.

Since the character is a mad scientist, she will be an energy weapons user. Not sure on the weapon she will use. Not that there really are very many.

I also know this will be a rather nasty character. Playing Persephone in New Vegas I ran into difficulty with healing, as stimpacks are pretty scarce in that game, and eating and sleeping don't work for a Deadwalker (my roleplay). It occurred to me that the cannibal perk would help with healing. But that is just not what Persephone is. But the Lich is a perfect cannibal, and a vampire in FO3, and even a ghastley scavenger in NV. I'll probably use the console to give her the cannibal perk from the start of the game. Who knows, she might be so evil that she will even blow up Megaton?

I am not sure on a name yet. Here are some ideas:

Kalma - Finnish goddess of death and decay, her name meaning "The Stench of Corpses"

Kali - Hindu goddess of death.

Akka - A group of female underworld spirits in Sami and Finnish mythology.

Loviatar - Finnish goddess of death and disease. Daughter of the Underworld Queen Tuonetar.

Morta - Roman goddess of death.

Right now Loviatar is looking best. It has a nice ring to it.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 23 2015, 04:12 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2015, 03:06 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I have some sample pics.

Wearing Outcast Robes

Outcast Recon Armor

Black Scientist Scrubs

Red Scrubs with Red Hair

Red Outcast Robes with Red Hair

Right now I am leaning most toward the Red Outcast Robes with the Red Hair. It also gives me the idea that she was an Outcast before Lichdom. But she probably had to kill her way out of the Outcast base after becoming undead. So she could be an Outcast from the Outcasts. I might make a mod that makes all the regular Outcasts hostile to her.

I also still want to play around with other forms of glasses/goggles and headgear. I want her to have some kind of headgear. I just don't know what yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2015, 03:36 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't have any new character ideas for Fallout, but I agree it would be good if Fallout has its own forum.

Heyy, the Shoveler idea sounds neat. Yeah, all construction tools. Make sure she gets some sort of portable drill, or saw, if such things exist in your game. blink.gif

The Undertaker is a really good idea too. I like the fact that she's undead. And probably a very intelligent undead too, right? Like a vampire, not a zombie. I'm not seeing the Mad Scientist in white. I know scientists typically wear white, but she's a MAD scientist. I'm voting for Black Scientist Scrubs.

Now let's look at your names.

Kalma. I like Kalma. Kalma fits

Kali. Hmm. Not Kali. But only because this name produces connotations. The idea behind Kali fits though.

Akka. No. Not evil enough.

I like Loviatar. Unusual name. I like that it has four syllables, for such a short word. And also it sounds sort of like an Ayleid ruin name.

Morta sounds cool too; the obvious root 'mort' is in there. But then (see) this creates connotations as well. A little too obvious. But Morta could work.

You also like Loviatar. It just sounds like this might work. It sounds mechanical, like "hey grab the loviatar so we can knock this wall down". Mechanical = cold, and functional. This could be a mad scientist.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 23 2015, 03:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2015, 04:52 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

She's a scientist, so she'd better be smart! She's based on the Liches from D&D. Only created by SCIENCE!!! wink.gif rather than magic.

I found the Colossus Headgear, and really like the look of it.

Of course with her being a cannibal, I'll have to mod whatever weapon she uses so that it doesn't leave ash piles, since I don't think you can cannibalize those!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 23 2015, 04:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 23 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Personally I like the eyewear from Old World Blues better than the Colosus one, because it's more creepy and gives a dangerous look to the mad scientist while the Colossus one is too high-tech and doesn't look as eerie.

Black Scientist scrubs fit her perfectly as do the Outcast robes, I'd go with robes on this character.

When it comes to names, I'd go with Morta, it has something sinister about it. Loviatar is a good choice too though it reminds me too much of Leviathan.

No matter how you decide at the end, I'm looking forward to your evil girl.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 23 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 22 2015, 08:52 PM) *

She's a scientist, so she'd better be smart! She's based on the Liches from D&D. Only created by SCIENCE!!! wink.gif rather than magic.

I found the Colossus Headgear, and really like the look of it.

Of course with her being a cannibal, I'll have to mod whatever weapon she uses so that it doesn't leave ash piles, since I don't think you can cannibalize those!

Of all your shots, I think this is the best look - hair, headgear, outfit. goodjob.gif

So do I infer correctly that you're not going for 'girl next door' image? whistling.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 23 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 23 2015, 02:35 AM) *

We have character/roleplay idea threads for Oblivion and Skyrim, so I thought I would create one for the Fallout games. I wonder if we could use a Fallout section now?

I already pitched that idea but The Powers That Be didn´t think we needed one.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 23 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov's character the Hobo has gotten me thinking about an idea for a new character to try some day. I was thinking about The Hobo today when Loviatar was making a Railway Rifle, Dart Gun, and Rock-It Launcher. It got me thinking of a character who might switch between the three. Using the Dart Gun to poison people, the Rock-It Launcher to shoot toilet plungers, and the Railway Rifle for just general killing. Obviously it would have to be someone more than a little deranged. Maybe like Harley Quinn in the Wasteland.

The idea is still in the very early stages, but I'll be looking at mods that might add a Harley Quinn or generic jester outfit to FO3. That might be a start.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 23 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Regarding headgear, the Pint-Sized Slasher Mask might be appropriate. laugh.gif Using only self-crafted weapons sounds interesting, but including a Shiskebab might be a good idea for close combat or if taken by surprise. IIRC the Railway Rifle doesn't deal so much damage.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 23 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Pint Sized Slasher! Brilliant! I will put that on the list of things to try.

I have long since modded the craftable weapons to make them more useful, tweaking damage, spread, even the skills required to use them. So that's no problem.

I did find a Superhero Costume mod for New Vegas. It was really easy to pull out the Harley Quinn outfit and port it to FO3. Here is a pic of how it looks on Loviatar. The Merc Skank Outfit might work too. Of course it depends on how much I want to actually go with Harley Quinn, or simply a wacky character. Probably the latter. If I make her Asian, I could go with Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto for a name. Or a native American Coyote Shaman?

Whenever I get around to it of course. I am still happy playing Loviatar.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 23 2015, 11:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 23 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Mhm, the outfit is perfect. Cicero's hat from Skyrim might fit that outfit.

I like the Asian name more though it takes longer to read. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 24 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

I like how some of you get inspired by comic book characters, that's neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 24 2015, 04:33 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

The Harley Quinn look is fantastic!@!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 29 2015, 01:10 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

My character was inspired by the brother of a friend of mine. He was in the Military and unfortunately lost his life during a tour.

Its only Matty's look, age and history in the military that I took into this game. I felt that the character creation system in this game is so dynamic I could make a character that will decently honour my friend.

So yeah, that's my inspiration haha
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 30 2015, 02:02 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

Oh man. That is so sad...

What a lovely way to honor the memory of your friend's brother. smile.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 1 2016, 08:34 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Dec 28 2015, 04:10 PM) *

My character was inspired by the brother of a friend of mine. He was in the Military and unfortunately lost his life during a tour.

Its only Matty's look, age and history in the military that I took into this game. I felt that the character creation system in this game is so dynamic I could make a character that will decently honour my friend.

Now that is a character inspiration, Rihanae! All others seem trivial in comparison. My hat is off to you.

Mine is the biggest idiot in the Commonwealth: 1 Intelligence and a liberal use of alcohol to take even that meager number into the negative. High Endurance and Charisma for Chem Resistance and Party Boy/Idiot Savant respectively. Mid-level Strength for Big Guns, and the only weapon he uses is the Junk Jet. I just want to shoot super mutants in the face with teddy bears and toy trucks.

All I need is a name... Renee, are you out there?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 1 2016, 08:54 AM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well I´m no Renee, but how about Moe Rawn or something? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 1 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Mar 1 2016, 02:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Dec 28 2015, 04:10 PM) *

Now that is a character inspiration, Rihanae! All others seem trivial in comparison. My hat is off to you.

Mine is the biggest idiot in the Commonwealth: 1 Intelligence and a liberal use of alcohol to take even that meager number into the negative. High Endurance and Charisma for Chem Resistance and Party Boy/Idiot Savant respectively. Mid-level Strength for Big Guns, and the only weapon he uses is the Junk Jet. I just want to shoot super mutants in the face with teddy bears and toy trucks.

All I need is a name... Renee, are you out there?

Ox E CoDone? Kris Talmeth?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 1 2016, 10:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 1 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #19

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 1 2016, 10:22 AM) *

Kris Talmeth?

I loved this one laugh.gif

Stu Phid? Cho Caine? Foo L. Mee?

Man, these are bad! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 1 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 1 2016, 01:46 AM) *

Man, these are bad! rollinglaugh.gif

Yes they are. I love 'em! rollinglaugh.gif

'Moe Rawn' and 'Kris Talmeth' are my favorites.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:11 AM