> CyberPunk 2077, New RPG by CD Projekt Red
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2018, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

So anyone here interested in this game?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 17 2018, 04:51 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

It does sound interesting. I have always liked cyberpunk, like Shadowrun. I loved that back in my tabletop RPG days. But I never had the chance to play Cyberpunk 2077 back in the day. So it would be nice to see it on the computer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 17 2018, 05:33 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Hoi there, chummer. Always geek the mage first and never ever cut a deal with a dragon.

Yep, I’m in love with Shadowrun too. Actually I fully got into the whole cyberpunk setting because of the games they released recently; Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. Left me in a state of post-BTL jonesing tbh; left me wanting for some more. So it’s safe to say i’m Interested as all hell. Ciri from Witcher said she was in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, so maybe in this game we’ll see her as an Easter egg.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 16 2018, 11:33 PM) *

Hoi there, chummer. Always geek the mage first and never ever cut a deal with a dragon.

Yep, I’m in love with Shadowrun too. Actually I fully got into the whole cyberpunk setting because of the games they released recently; Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. Left me in a state of post-BTL jonesing tbh; left me wanting for some more. So it’s safe to say i’m Interested as all hell. Ciri from Witcher said she was in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, so maybe in this game we’ll see her as an Easter egg.

Eh, Khajiit would prefer not to have anything from Witcher in CyberPunk, but if she’s there, she’s there.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 17 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 17 2018, 12:33 AM) *

Slot it and run chummer. smile.gif

Back in the pen and paper Shadowrun, there was an adventure where you had to cut a deal with a dragon. It ended in a huge pile of drek. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 17 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

An adventure where you have to willingly cut a deal with those flying lizards and still come out smelling like drek? Lofwyr must’ve been the Johnson for that!

Damnit now I’m in the mood to play SR. Thanks a lot, Sage Rose! devilsad.gif

Man I wonder if we can customize our characters in CP2077 and make them look like fantasy humanoids I.E elves and such. I’m telling you, that would be so dope!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 17 2018, 10:09 AM) *

An adventure where you have to willingly cut a deal with those flying lizards and still come out smelling like drek? Lofwyr must’ve been the Johnson for that!

Damnit now I’m in the mood to play SR. Thanks a lot, Sage Rose! devilsad.gif

Man I wonder if we can customize our characters in CP2077 and make them look like fantasy humanoids I.E elves and such. I’m telling you, that would be so dope!

Characters are supposed to be fully customizable, but Khajiit thinks it’s limited to humans.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 17 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 17 2018, 11:09 AM) *

It was a module called Bottled Demon. It was pretty convoluted, the first dragon you deal with seemed like a good guy at first, who took the cursed demon bottle off you hands. But he was corrupted by it, and turned into this nasty corrupted semi-undead dragon. Then the second dragon comes in, and gives you the 'opportunity' to set things right by killing the first dragon. It was a fun adventure, and really brought home why you never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 17 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmm, Khajiit got this Shadowrun Returns for free when he purchased BATTLETECH from GOG. Perhaps he should check it out.

Also .

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 17 2018, 10:47 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2018, 02:16 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

They dropped a 48 min gameplay vid for Cyberpunk today. Have yet to check it out but thought it would be good to post an alert here for those who may not have known but are interested.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 28 2018, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Isn't this where yet another shooting occurred? I haven't had time to really check news this morning.

Wait, no nevermind. Looks like an upcoming game. I am thinking of some sort of gaming convention. Okay. A Madden gaming convention, or something. [censored]. Whoa. The shooter was from Maryland?. indifferent.gif What the [censored]?

Back on topic. Why the year 2077? Again, that year, which also appears in Fallout as the Great War (right?)

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 28 2018, 01:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 28 2018, 07:07 AM) *

Isn't this where yet another shooting occurred? I haven't had time to really check news this morning.

Wait, no nevermind. Looks like an upcoming game. I am thinking of some sort of gaming convention. Okay. A Madden gaming convention, or something. [censored]. Whoa. The shooter was from Maryland?. indifferent.gif What the [censored]?

Back on topic. Why the year 2077? Again, that year, which also appears in Fallout as the Great War (right?)

It’s essentially a follow up to this rpg game (pen and paper, Khajiit believes). This one doubts they even thought about or cared that Fallout’s “Great War” occurred this same year.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 28 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

CDPR off to a fast start with boobs and the c-word about 2 minutes into the gameplay. laugh.gif It's funny how different two large studios like them and Beth approach content in their games.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 28 2018, 10:35 AM) *

CDPR off to a fast start with boobs and the c-word about 2 minutes into the gameplay. laugh.gif It's funny how different two large studios like them and Beth approach content in their games.

Khajiit thinks it’s probably because CDPR is European and Beth is American. Here we have always been told “nudity is bad” and over there they have nudity in frickin’ commercials. Cultures are just different. Khajiit is all for adult content as long as it’s appropriate to the setting of the game.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 28 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 28 2018, 11:41 AM) *

Khajiit thinks it’s probably because CDPR is European and Beth is American. Here we have always been told “nudity is bad” and over there they have nudity in frickin’ commercials. Cultures are just different. Khajiit is all for adult content as long as it’s appropriate to the setting of the game.

Yeah, that last part is key. If it's shoehorned in to appear "edgy", then it's just a waste of pixels and memory.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 28 2018, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 28 2018, 11:41 AM) *

Yeah, that last part is key. If it's shoehorned in to appear "edgy", then it's just a waste of pixels and memory.

Exactly. TES has had places where a bit of nudity would’ve been appropriate (Desele’s House of Earthly Delights in TESIII, and the Fo’c’sle in TESIV). It could be used in Fallout whenever prostitution comes up (New Vegas would’ve been a prime candidate for nudity in a Fallout game, of course, that wasn’t BGS).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 28 2018, 05:17 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 29 2018, 02:56 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

On one hand I'm wary of giving CDPR any money, but on the other the more that's slowly revealed about the game the more I get excited about it. Slightly apprehensive, but mostly intrigued. :v

Also holy [censored] that "Hispanic" guy is obnoxious as [censored] who the hell wrote his lines?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 29 2018, 05:19 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 28 2018, 08:56 PM) *

I'm wary of giving CDPR any money

Oh? Khajiit isn’t very familiar with the company having never played any of the Witcher games, but this one thought CDPR was fairly well regarded. Is this not so?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 29 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

I probably won't play it, TBH. I've grown spoiled with Bethesda and their dynamic world spaces.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 29 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit just watched the gameplay vid last night. Jeezuz Crist. If the gameplay in that vid is anything like the finished product, then it’s going to be an amazing game. At this point it’s definitely a preorder for Khajiit.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM