5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sel, Chapter 3
Soulseeker3.0
post Feb 13 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

yay took long enough, nice addition to the story and yes I wonder how his sis is doing

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Feb 13 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #42

Knower
Group Icon

Very well written and well composed. Not to mention addictively interesting. I definately have my work cut out for me reading all of these fanfics. Yours definately takes a top spot in my opinion.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Feb 15 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

Boo!

-----

"I'm home." he called in the classic sing-song voice as he walked through the door.

"Sel!" Vysi exclaimed, dropping the clothes she was carrying to run towards and embrace her brother. "I'm glad you're home." she said, but her tone quickly changed. "I'm still mad at you though." she said flatly. "Why do you need such a dangerous job? Look at those cuts on your neck! You almost died on your first day!"

"It wasn't that bad." Sel said, "And I love you too, Sis." he said with a wide grin. "Look at this." he said, convieniently changing the subject as he put his bag of gold in Vysi's hand.

"Wow, Sel, this is a lot." she said, staring wide-eyed into the pouch.

"And Aldaril said that he owes me more." he added.

"And when do you go back again?" Vysi asked, obviously worried about him leaving again.

"Not for another week or two." he answered. "So I can spend time with you, and still have some money." he said, messing her hair.

"Come on, let's go to the Rat in the Pot. You look hungry."

After their lunch, Sel went to the Venim Manor with his sister to speak with Arsyn about his absence the previous two days, and his future ones.

When he was caled into Arsyn's chambers, Vysi stayed in the main chambers while he walked in the door.

"Sel, here to explain yourself, I presume?" Arsyn said in his typical noble tone.

"Yes, Sir." Sel replied, seating himself in the customary seat in front of Arsyn.

"Well?" the dead Bolvyn's brother prompted.

"As you already know, Arsy- Councillor Venim, my mother died, and I have to take care of my family in her place."

"Get on with it."

Sel couldn't help but give Arsyn an angry look. He hated how these nobles could take hours of everyone's time, but if someone else took an ounce of theirs, they went crazy. Instead of voicing his thoughts, he said. "Yes Sir."

"I was forced to get a job, and will not be able to attend to all of my House duties, though I will try my hardest." Sel continued.

"Alright then, I hereby release you from your duties as a page." Arsyn said flatly.

"What? I'm not having these four years I spent here wased. Especially since my mother starrved because I wasn't paid, nor was I able to work for any extra money. I swear by the dead Almalexia, that if you go through with this, your House will have many problems to work out."

Arsyn stood angrily. "I have just heard heresy toward the gods and threats toward this House in the same sentence! One spoken by a brat too young to lift a sword!"

"The rumors of Almalexia's death have been circulating for over a year and a half now, and she still hasn't shown herself to prove the rumors wrong." Sel retorted. "Only House Redoran fools itself by insisting that she lives. You're all too cowardly to face the truth. The truth that the gods you spent years serving were all frauds! And if you-"

"Enough!" Arsyn interrupted with an explosive shout. "Even if I hadn't already banned you from our House, I would do so now, after that speech. Now get out of my home before I force you."

"You'll regret this." Sel promised, as he rose slowly to leave.

"And don't even think of going to your childhood friend Athyn. He cannot help you. Just as he was a coward when my brother was here, he's a coward now." Arsyn said just before Sel slammed the door.

He doesn't need to. I can help myself. And Athyn's no coward.

"Come on, Vysi, we're leaving." he said, not stopping to wait for her.

Vysi ran to catch up with her fiery brother. "What is going on, Sel?" she asked with concern.

"That bastarde in there just banished me from the house."

"Sel! Watch your mouth!" Vysi reprimanded.

"This is not the time, Vysi." he said, trying to calm himself. He needed to vent his anger, but not on someone undeserving like his sister.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Feb 16 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

The nerve! Banning Sel like that. What an outrage! God I am on the edge of my seat! keep up the great work. I will be waiting to read on.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
minque
post Feb 16 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #45

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Awww......those Venim-brothers....all alike, mean, greedy, disgusting! I bet Sel´s gonna get that Arsyn-guy someday!

The plot tightens now, I´m getting more and more concerned about Sel and Vysi.....hopefully Athyn Sarethi can do at least something!

So now I´ll sit here drinking coffe until the next update!.......So if you have the least pity on my stomach you don´t take too long huh? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tellie
post Feb 16 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

Yo're doing just as you always do.......AMAZING. please give us more, poor minkeys stomach....

Edit: Oh I'm just sooooo angry at that ****** up Venim guy. Let me giva a little advice to poor Sel.

1.Pick up the phone.

2.Call Telina.

3.Explain everything.

4.Find a good place to watch, while Telina swipes the floor with that Venim boy.

5.Become Arch Master, and get a good cooperation with Telina and House Telvanni. Together, the Redorans and Telvannies, shall make Morrowind a good place to stay.

He He, did you like the advice, I'm sure Telina would do that for Sel, just give her a call... biggrin.gif laugh.gif ,

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Feb 17 2006, 01:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 16 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Glad I don't drink coffee. But my nerves, please have mercy with them too. I like this story.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Feb 16 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

wow, Amazing! I had something thought up but I completely lost my point.... great story and please continue

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 17 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #49

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Ooohhhh...I am just dying to find out how Sel makes his revenge on that guy and what Sel will do directly after this update...I just wonder. Update soon and perhaps you can still spare my sanity from the wait. wacko.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Mar 1 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #50

Knower
Group Icon

While I understand the strength of Sel's reaction, it might be wise for him to learn more patience and self control. One does not make it far in life by threatening everyone who crosses you. I am curious to see how Sel's honor is affected by being ousted from House Redoran; I do hope he continues to be the upstanding citizen he seems to be becoming.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 12 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

welcome back.

------

"This is really good." Sel commented, as he took another spoonful of nix-hound stew. Vysi was becoming quite the cook, he noted, as he tasted the delicious mixture of meat, ash yam, marshmerrow, and even a hint of comberry. "You're getting as good as mom." he said with a laugh, but as soon as he said it, an expression of sorrow flashed on their faces for a moment.

After the pause, Vysi replied. "No, I'll never be that good."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Sel said, sliding his bowl away from himself after finishing his portion, and leaning his chair back.

"So what are you going to do?" Vysi asked.

It was the question that had gone unasked and unanswered for days. House Redoran had been Sel's life for some time, and in the blink of an eye, it was gone.

Sel sighed. "I don't know." he said honestly. "I could talk to Athyn, and he could probably make me his own page, but then I would have to spend another four years learning things I already know and I would ruin his reputation somewhat. How will everyone look at him after he takes in a banished boy? I don't want to put him through that."

Vysi opened her mouth to say something, but whatever it was was lost forever as a knock was heard at the door.

"Come in." Sel shouted, not getting up from his seat. He looked up to see Retin walk in.

"What the hell were you thinking?" he asked, striding towards Sel. As he noticed that Sel was leaning back in his chair, he took the liberty of pushing it over. "You don't talk like that to a Councillor and expect to get away with it!"

"Shut up!" Sel shouted angrily as he scrambled disentangle himslef from the chair and stand up. "What do you think you're doing, coming into my house like this?"

"I think that I'm putting some sense into your head." Retin shouted back.

"Get the hell out." Sel said firmly, pointing towards the door.

"Sel, I-"

"Out." Sel said firmly, not moving his hand.

"Fine." Retin said, heading towards the door. "Bye, Sel."

Sel flinched as the door slammed, and turned around to pick up the fallen chair. "Sorry you had to see that, Sis."

"It's okay." she said softly, but it really wasn't. She worried about her brother more and more every second. It seemed that his entire world was crumlbing around him, and everyone and everything important to him was leaving.

I won't leave him. she promised herself.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Mar 16 2006, 03:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 12 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #52

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Awwwww.....I´m getting worried now, it seems as they are going towards a catastrophe...Sel really is a stubborn young man, and gets himself in trouble..frequently.But I do understand him, he´s righteous and firm..so..

Hmmm but please let him go to Athyn.....he will naturally take some action, he won´t let Sel down!

Great update Danny!!! woah....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Yay, update. smile.gif Sel is getting rather stressed. He should be carefull before he loses all of his friends. Please keep writing.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Mar 15 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

It is to my sorrow that I have not kept up with one of my favorite writers. Fortunately, I have remedied that situation and caught up with this wonderful story. I stand in awe of your imagination, your ability to create believable characters, and your skill at telling an addictive story.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Mar 16 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

wow, great story Dantrag. I hope Sel gets through this well enough(sounded better in my head)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Mar 25 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #56

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh, dear! Poor little Sel and Vysi! sad.gif *wants to give them a big hug* Their problems just seem to get worse and worse.

Let's hope they can get through this together! *crosses fingers* smile.gif

Oh! And here's a cake.gif for continuing the story. happy.gif
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 15 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I hope I wasn't gone so long that everyone lost interest. Expect an update sometime this weekend, as I have a long one away from school biggrin.gif .

I'll write some tonight, and maybe tomorrow before posting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 15 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 15 2006, 07:44 AM)
Well, I hope I wasn't gone so long that everyone lost interest. Expect an update sometime this weekend, as I have a long one away from school  biggrin.gif .

Cool Danny! winkgrin.gif
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 15 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 15 2006, 08:44 AM)
Well, I hope I wasn't gone so long that everyone lost interest. Expect an update sometime this weekend, as I have a long one away from school  biggrin.gif .

Now danny...shame on you...how would you even think about us loosing interest in Sel...as a matter of fact, I have been missing him greatly, so please update soon.

I'm glad that you will start writing again, it's a really exellent story, so keep it up, ya'hear. goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 15 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 15 2006, 06:44 AM)

*Ends his lurking spree*

I've really been enjoying this story since the begining Danny, and I'm happy to hear you're updating soon. Sel's a very interesting, multi-level character that I love reading about and I hope you love enough to keep writing about him.

goodjob.gif Jiggady Jona Josas ya'll!

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:31 AM