mALX
post Aug 27 2016, 12:30 AM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(gpstr @ Aug 25 2016, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 14 2016, 04:35 PM) *

Ah... I know that tower well.

One of my favorite house mods is Phitt's Mad Mage's Tower? (though it's so quirky that I don't have a character who would actually choose to live there - though I like it so much that I plan on creating a character just for that purpose). It sits in just about that exact spot though. There's a compatibility patch for it, but all it does is fix the land tears and raise it a bit so that the door isn't buried - the two towers are still butted up against each other.

So some time back (when I was trying it out for a home for Bogmok, which didn't work out since the place terrified him), I did my own patch and moved it to the next peak over - to the left from the stairs up to the top rather than to the right.

Here's a view of it from the front of the existing tower (hereinafter known in my game as "Persephone's Tower").

And a shot of the whole area, with both towers.

That Mad Mages Tower by Phitt is fantastic, he has some extremely unique items in there (like the dancing table that I tried to replicate in Skyrim and couldn't) - really nice place!

Persephone's tower - I made a "Persephone's Tower in my game too:

http://imgur.com/a/XswZc

My character doesn't live there, she just visits Persephone there, lol.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 25 2016, 03:20 PM) *

Neat, gpstr! So many characters. Lol.

Buffy generally lives under the stars out of her mare's saddlebags or in the local MG guild hall. When at the Arcane University, she stays in a custom mod (made by King Coin for Buffy) in an added apartment upstairs in the Mystic Archives that she shares with Boderi Farano. It is basically a redo of the Skingrad house bedroom.

Oh, here's a screenie.

D'aawwww!!!!! Miss Buffy in her apartment at the Arcane that King Coin built her!

QUOTE(gpstr @ Aug 26 2016, 01:47 PM) *

Seriously - how awesome is it that Buffy is so beloved that other people make mods for her?

The Mad Mage's Tower really is awesome - I can't recommend it enough. But it'd take a special sort of mage to actually live there - it was built by a literal mad mage, and it shows. There are portals, sort of like the ones in Frostcrag Spire, except that they take you through a screaming vortex along the way and spit you out at the other end. There's a chest with legs that moves around. The walls breathe - audibly and visibly - you can not only hear them, but actually see them flexing in and out. It's definitely unsettling, but it's very cool.

So... first off, the first mod house I ever did for Oblivion - Niben Cabin (with its owner - Jibran the Redguard swordsman - in front)

It's on the northeast shore of Niben Bay, a little east of due south of Cropsford. Here's a shot from a distance. That's Fort Grief to the right, and the ImpeREAL Empire fort (I forget the name of that specific one, but it's the one along the road to Leyawiin) in the distance behind it. The dock in the foreground is a vanilla structure some might recognize.

I discovered the location first, and decided it would be a great place for a house, then I tried to figure out who might want to live there. I had been spending a fair bit of time with Jibran the Redguard swordsman at that point, and it seemed like it might appeal to him, so I loaded up his game and had him travel there so that he could check out the constuction in-game (since it was my first house mod, there was a lot of trial and error involved). An interesting side effect of that is that it pretty much ended Jibran's career. Once it was done, he just didn't seem very interested in leaving. I've taken him out a few times since then, but he doesn't go far and doesn't stay long before he starts itching to get home again.

Three shots of the interior, from different angles.

It's all vanilla items, but I was pleased with the way it worked out. I particularly like the light - I experimented a lot and learned a lot about placing light sources from that house (I generally don't use any statics that emit light themselves - instead I use strategically placed separate lights that correspond with fake candles and such, so I can place the statics relatively close to the walls but place the actual light further out into the room, so it's a bit more diffuse and the glare on the walls isn't so strong).

In the end, it's not notable in any particular way, but I like it, and Jibran likes it, and it was a great learning experience.

Great cabin and dock !!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 27 2016, 01:48 AM
Post #82

Councilor
Group Icon

That's a good idea, gpster... seeing all those names. I bet I can list all of mine too. This will take awhile. hehe.gif

I have been waiting all week do so some gaming though, that's going to come first tonight.

Acadian: Buffy's got nails and jewelry. How did you make this happen? I want too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2016, 02:01 AM
Post #83

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, Renee. Everything Buffy's wearing in that shot came from the Apache Goddess Store. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2016, 02:17 AM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

Seriously - how awesome is it that Buffy is so beloved that other people make mods for her?

The Mad Mage's Tower really is awesome - I can't recommend it enough. But it'd take a special sort of mage to actually live there - it was built by a literal mad mage, and it shows. There are portals, sort of like the ones in Frostcrag Spire, except that they take you through a screaming vortex along the way and spit you out at the other end. There's a chest with legs that moves around. The walls breathe - audibly and visibly - you can not only hear them, but actually see them flexing in and out. It's definitely unsettling, but it's very cool.

So... first off, the first mod house I ever did for Oblivion - Niben Cabin (with its owner - Jibran the Redguard swordsman - in front)

It's on the northeast shore of Niben Bay, a little east of due south of Cropsford. Here's a shot from a distance. That's Fort Grief to the right, and the ImpeREAL Empire fort (I forget the name of that specific one, but it's the one along the road to Leyawiin) in the distance behind it. The dock in the foreground is a vanilla structure some might recognize.

I discovered the location first, and decided it would be a great place for a house, then I tried to figure out who might want to live there. I had been spending a fair bit of time with Jibran the Redguard swordsman at that point, and it seemed like it might appeal to him, so I loaded up his game and had him travel there so that he could check out the constuction in-game (since it was my first house mod, there was a lot of trial and error involved). An interesting side effect of that is that it pretty much ended Jibran's career. Once it was done, he just didn't seem very interested in leaving. I've taken him out a few times since then, but he doesn't go far and doesn't stay long before he starts itching to get home again.

It's all vanilla items, but I was pleased with the way it worked out. I particularly like the light - I experimented a lot and learned a lot about placing light sources from that house (I generally don't use any statics that emit light themselves - instead I use strategically placed separate lights that correspond with fake candles and such, so I can place the statics relatively close to the walls but place the actual light further out into the room, so it's a bit more diffuse and the glare on the walls isn't so strong).

In the end, it's not notable in any particular way, but I like it, and Jibran likes it, and it was a great learning experience.

A very nice little cabin. That is the kind of home I prefer. Something that fits into the game world without being overwhelming.

I dug up some pictures of the house in Riverwood that I modded for my Altmer barbarian Hera.

She built her home off the main street.

Here she is relaxing on the porch

An interior view

From the other angle

She wanted a map of the province, so she can better decide where to go next

The basement has all the things an adventurer could need.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 27 2016, 02:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2016, 02:33 AM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2016, 09:17 PM) *

A very nice little cabin. That is the kind of home I prefer. Something that fits into the game world without being overwhelming.

I dug up some pictures of the house in Riverwood that I modded for my Altmer barbarian Hera.

She built her home off the main street.

Here she is relaxing on the porch

An interior view

From the other angle

She wanted a map of the province, so she can better decide where to go next

The basement has all the things an adventurer could need.

This place is Awesome! I especially think my thief character (Bubba Khan the Redguard) will enjoy slipping in while Hera is off adventuring and visiting that table full of cash! Bwaahaa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2016, 03:32 AM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooops, that was for the wrong game. I didn't realize this was an Oblivion topic. I'll have to dig for some pics of Nykteria's Cadlew Chapel home.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2016, 03:51 AM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, no matter where I live in Cyrodiil or anywhere else in Tamriel; there is one thing you will always find somewhere in my home:

IPB Image

A card game and a "Still" in the basement, BWAAHAA!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 27 2016, 03:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 27 2016, 04:33 AM
Post #88

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa, playing cards. Holy crap!

Acadian: No kidding. I've already got Apachi Goddess Store in RG3's game. She's not really as girly as I think she is, though, and tends to not shop there as much as I would if I lived in Cyrodiil. But nails and jewelry. I can see her going in there for those touches.

Back on topic

gpster: I like how Jibran doesn't like to stray too far from his cabin, that's neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 27 2016, 01:00 PM
Post #89

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, I remember the fabulous work SubRosa did with Cadlew Chapel for her necrodude huntress. smile.gif

Oh, mALX, don't forget the nearly ever present red hair. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 27 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #90

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 27 2016, 02:00 PM) *

Oh, I remember the fabulous work SubRosa did with Cadlew Chapel for her necrodude huntress. smile.gif

Yeah, it turned out really nice. Maybe you could include that short little video as well, SubRosa? It displays it quite good smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 27 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #91

Agent

@SubRosa - it is a nice house though - just in a different province. wink.gif

Funny that you have an Altmer barbarian too. I actually spent some time with mine - Lemdel - last night, but we weren't really gaming. In the interest of this thread, there's a house he particularly likes - AST Midnight Sun Hall, but the location just isn't right for him - turns out he's not all that barbaric a barbarian and likes being around cities and people too much to be that live that far out in the wilderness. So off and on, and again last night, I'll spend some time in his game, wandering around and trying to find a suitable location to move that house to. Still didn't find one though.

I also spent some time with my sultry Dunmer mage Maelyn (had to pull her out of the Shivering Isles first), trying to get some good screenshots of her home - the Flying Island House. The weather just wouldn't cooperate though - even when I forced clear weather, it stayed foggy, and inevitably crept back to rain. Lots of good screenshots at the end of that link though, and since my version is only mildly modded, that'll likely do. It is a tremendous house, and perfectly suited to a fabulously wealthy, powerful and proud retired courtesan turned mage/adventurer.

And since it appears I'm posting without screenshots (I still have some of some of my own later houses, but I'm saving those for the time being), I should mention Vorlin the Bosmer hunter, who lives in Phinix Portable Tent, pitched in whatever forest clearing appeals to him at the moment. It's just a simple and rustic tent, and suits him well.

For that matter, I might as well mention Hanna, my lovely elfin archer and animal summoner, who lives in one of the most impressive mod houses I know of - AtomicDryad's Enchanted Druid Treehome. I plan on getting some shots of it, just because I like it (and her) so much, but just in case I don't, it's here anyway.

+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #92

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 27 2016, 08:00 AM) *

Oh, mALX, don't forget the nearly ever present red hair. biggrin.gif

That is only in the house when the girls are there, though; laugh.gif I modded that card game and drinking to go on whether she is home or not, NPC's show up to play cards and drink, it is hilarious because some NPC's that are not modded to be there show up! Once at my waterfront shack front porch card game in the Imperial City Malvulis the Pirate wandered up and sang a song to Maxical, drank and talked to the other NPC's, then wandered back to the Maria Elena!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 27 2016, 08:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(gpstr @ Aug 27 2016, 03:11 PM) *

For that matter, I might as well mention Hanna, my lovely elfin archer and animal summoner, who lives in one of the most impressive mod houses I know of - AtomicDryad's Enchanted Druid Treehome. I plan on getting some shots of it, just because I like it (and her) so much, but just in case I don't, it's here anyway.

This place is Awesome !!!

The Island in the Sky was great, but I have yet to see any new floating city/home any better done than FlintOne's "Theryon," it remains one of my favorite mods of all time:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/32699/?

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 27 2016, 09:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 28 2016, 02:02 AM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

I found my pics of Cadlew Chapel, after Nykteria fixed it up and moved in.

It is essentially a one room affair

There are statues of Meridia and Azura at the far end

Moving to the right of that an alchemy area, and a study/desk

And still to the right the bed. That is the door in and out at the extreme right.

To the left of the entrance is the dining area

The roof offers a view of the bay

Here is a short vid showing it off

And finally the link to the mod on the Nexus

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 28 2016, 03:01 AM
Post #95

Paladin
Group Icon

Your Cadlew Chapel is just as wonderful as I remember. Where does she keep her massive collection of black robes harvested from dead necrodudes? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 28 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #96

Agent

@mALX - that Theryon does look nice. So nice that I'm even a bit tempted to try it out, which is actually saying something, since I generally don't even bother to keep reading descriptions when I get to the part where the house includes trainers and vendors. That one just might be worth it anyway though...

@SubRosa - I know that Chapel well too - it's in a couple of my games (nobody lives in it though - it's just much more pleasant than the vanilla version).

So here's the second house mod I did for Oblivion, though it's not entirely appropriate for this thread, since I still don't have a character who actually lives there.

What happened was that I first found the spot and decided it'd be a great spot for a house. It's south of the Orange Road, a bit closer to the Chorrol end than the Bruma end, almost due south from the waterfall pond that's clearly visible and close to the road. If you're coming from Chorrol, the road there swings up toward the northeast, then there's a switchback right at that waterfall pond and it swings back to the southeast. The spot is pretty much due south of there, in the space bracketed by those two sections of the road. None of the vanilla houses seemed quite right for it though, so it sort of languished for a while (I use Map Marker Overhaul, so I put a custom map marker on it so I could find it again). Then, at some later point, I came across Stroti's Old Cabin and I knew before I even downloaded it that it was going in that spot.

Approaching from the Chorrol side.

Looking back along that path.

Since it's in that sort of v-shaped space between the roads, there are actually two approaches to it - one from each side. The Chorrol side is more scenic though - the Bruma side starts out below the cabin and you can't even really see it until you're almost on top of it.

And two shots of the interior.

It's still one of my favorites of my houses, and I really want someone to live there, but it's just not quite right for any of my characters. It exists in all of their games though, and sometimes one or another of them will spend a night if they're in the area. And maybe someday...

This post has been edited by gpstr: Aug 28 2016, 08:30 PM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 28 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

My gosh, I'm getting swamped with ideas for new dwellings because of this thread!

--------------------
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 30 2016, 01:30 AM
Post #98

Agent

A couple of quick and minor ones today.

The first is a modded version of Agarmir's house in the Talos Plaza district. It's another one that i did without a specific occupant in mind, then looked for someone who would want to live there. This time though, I found one - Dawn, my spoiled and willful Breton spellsword. It's not as lush as she'd prefer, but it's the best she can do for now, and at least it's better than that grimy shack - there was no *way* she could live *there*.

First floor.

One corner of the basement. That includes a thing I've put in most of my houses since - static, leveled alchemy equipment. They're statics, set as activators, running a script that temporarily adds a full set of alchemy equipment of the correct level for the character's alchemy skill to their inventory.

Another corner of the basement.

Upstairs.

Upstairs, around the corner.

The other one is Belladonna's pocket dimension room. It was built off of the LF Portable Home Framework (which is a terrific mod if you ever get the urge to build a pocket dimension home - it's just all of the necessary scripts and activators - you supply the pocket dimension). Hers is really simple - just a single tower room with a teleport pad in one corner and some necessities spread around the room. It initially came about because she changes clothes far too often, and couldn't carry her entire wardrobe and I was tired of taking her back and forth to the IC. I considered something along the lines of a Bag of Holding, but liked this idea better.

From the teleport pad, one view to the left and one to the right, and that's the whole room. It actually suits her quite well, since it provides a no-fuss place to stash the stuff she's accumulated and her rather extensive wardrobe, and a place to sleep, and that's really all she either needs or wants.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 30 2016, 02:06 AM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 27 2016, 09:02 PM) *

This place is Awesome! I'm dying to know how you got rid of the blood stained interior of that chapel !!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(gpstr @ Aug 28 2016, 03:27 PM) *

@mALX - that Theryon does look nice. So nice that I'm even a bit tempted to try it out, which is actually saying something, since I generally don't even bother to keep reading descriptions when I get to the part where the house includes trainers and vendors. That one just might be worth it anyway though...

@SubRosa - I know that Chapel well too - it's in a couple of my games (nobody lives in it though - it's just much more pleasant than the vanilla version).

So here's the second house mod I did for Oblivion, though it's not entirely appropriate for this thread, since I still don't have a character who actually lives there.

What happened was that I first found the spot and decided it'd be a great spot for a house. It's south of the Orange Road, a bit closer to the Chorrol end than the Bruma end, almost due south from the waterfall pond that's clearly visible and close to the road. If you're coming from Chorrol, the road there swings up toward the northeast, then there's a switchback right at that waterfall pond and it swings back to the southeast. The spot is pretty much due south of there, in the space bracketed by those two sections of the road. None of the vanilla houses seemed quite right for it though, so it sort of languished for a while (I use Map Marker Overhaul, so I put a custom map marker on it so I could find it again). Then, at some later point, I came across Stroti's Old Cabin and I knew before I even downloaded it that it was going in that spot.

Approaching from the Chorrol side.

Looking back along that path.

Since it's in that sort of v-shaped space between the roads, there are actually two approaches to it - one from each side. The Chorrol side is more scenic though - the Bruma side starts out below the cabin and you can't even really see it until you're almost on top of it.

And two shots of the interior.

It's still one of my favorites of my houses, and I really want someone to live there, but it's just not quite right for any of my characters. It exists in all of their games though, and sometimes one or another of them will spend a night if they're in the area. And maybe someday...

In Theryon - I think the vendors and trainers are all located in the town below the Player home part itself; but that said - I did find a woman coming down the steps to the outside from the pool area; and she was dressed as if she had been swimming. She is the only one I ever found in the house itself; and I'm like you = don't like NPC's wandering in my home uninvited, lol.

Stroti's cabin is one of my favorite of his mods ... oh well, everything he makes is my favorite, lol. But that furniture he made to go with it has graced several of my houses, too.

You did an excellent job setting up the interior!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 30 2016, 02:24 AM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(gpstr @ Aug 29 2016, 08:30 PM) *

A couple of quick and minor ones today.

The first is a modded version of Agarmir's house in the Talos Plaza district. It's another one that i did without a specific occupant in mind, then looked for someone who would want to live there. This time though, I found one - Dawn, my spoiled and willful Breton spellsword. It's not as lush as she'd prefer, but it's the best she can do for now, and at least it's better than that grimy shack - there was no *way* she could live *there*.

First floor.

One corner of the basement. That includes a thing I've put in most of my houses since - static, leveled alchemy equipment. They're statics, set as activators, running a script that temporarily adds a full set of alchemy equipment of the correct level for the character's alchemy skill to their inventory.

Another corner of the basement.

Upstairs.

Upstairs, around the corner.

The other one is Belladonna's pocket dimension room. It was built off of the LF Portable Home Framework (which is a terrific mod if you ever get the urge to build a pocket dimension home - it's just all of the necessary scripts and activators - you supply the pocket dimension). Hers is really simple - just a single tower room with a teleport pad in one corner and some necessities spread around the room. It initially came about because she changes clothes far too often, and couldn't carry her entire wardrobe and I was tired of taking her back and forth to the IC. I considered something along the lines of a Bag of Holding, but liked this idea better.

From the teleport pad, one view to the left and one to the right, and that's the whole room. It actually suits her quite well, since it provides a no-fuss place to stash the stuff she's accumulated and her rather extensive wardrobe, and a place to sleep, and that's really all she either needs or wants.

How odd that I never thought of using Agamir's house after he was killed! Very good idea !!!

That portable house idea is awesome !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:37 AM