29 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 27 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #461

Ancient
Group Icon

Anyway, thankfully it detected all of the files already there so the game didn’t take 2 hrs to reinstall.

Got 2 pics:

Capt. Jade

Stairs added to access roof of Subbie’s tugboat player home.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 27 2018, 05:13 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 27 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #462

Ancient
Group Icon

Captain Jade is looking ready for the Wasteland!

The stairs look good like that! I might do the same thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 29 2018, 01:23 PM
Post #463

Master
Group Icon

Captain Jade is a no-nonsense chick.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 29 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #464

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah, Khajiit had this idea that Jade is Désirée’s First Mate. Sort of a quiet, no nonsense kind of character to balance out the loud, free wheeling Désirée.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 29 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #465

Ancient
Group Icon

I put a newer version of the USS Bunker Hill on Dropbox. I added in stairs to the roof and crows nest, and tweaked a few other things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 29 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #466

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 29 2018, 11:16 AM) *

I put a newer version of the USS Bunker Hill on Dropbox. I added in stairs to the roof and crows nest, and tweaked a few other things.

Oooh, nice! Will definitely be checking this out!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 30 2018, 07:18 AM
Post #467

Ancient
Group Icon

Checked it out. Really like what you did with the stairs! Are the electronics on the bridge new to the update?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 30 2018, 07:28 PM
Post #468

Ancient
Group Icon

I did change the electronics on the bridge. Last night I came across a sunken ship that looked like it had a steering wheel. So I might change it again, if I can find it in the CK.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 30 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #469

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 30 2018, 01:28 PM) *

I did change the electronics on the bridge. Last night I came across a sunken ship that looked like it had a steering wheel. So I might change it again, if I can find it in the CK.

In anycase, the addition of that terminal was a great idea! The boat is really coming together! It’s cool that it’s very near a major settlement too so you can live close to services but not right in middle of all the activity.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 30 2018, 08:53 PM
Post #470

Ancient
Group Icon

I put it there because I wanted to have a group of merchants nearby. There is no way to put a boat close to Diamond City, and the Drumlin is nowhere near the ocean or a river. So that left Bunker Hill. I know the traveling merchants stop at some of the settlements. Maybe all of them. But I am not sure about that. So decided not to count on them.

Thankfully that area is not too heavily populated, so the load times are not as excruciatingly long as they are in downtown Boston.

In retrospect, I probably should have put it on the other side of Bunker Hill. I thought the only way into the settlement was by the main gate in its south wall. But I realized recently that there is another gate in the east wall. The load times might be quicker on the northern river, and there is no Raider horde over there. Plus I might be able to put it in a spot where it is not in the middle of four cells (that is a biyotch to work with in the CK). I might still start over from scratch and move it up there.

BTW. I did go across the river to deal with those Raiders for good. It turns out they are part of the gang that is after Pickman. They don't seem to be respawning. There is just a lot of them spread out across that area. So as time goes more more wander into range and start gunfights.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 30 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #471

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 30 2018, 02:53 PM) *

I put it there because I wanted to have a group of merchants nearby. There is no way to put a boat close to Diamond City, and the Drumlin is nowhere near the ocean or a river. So that left Bunker Hill. I know the traveling merchants stop at some of the settlements. Maybe all of them. But I am not sure about that. So decided not to count on them.

Thankfully that area is not too heavily populated, so the load times are not as excruciatingly long as they are in downtown Boston.

In retrospect, I probably should have put it on the other side of Bunker Hill. I thought the only way into the settlement was by the main gate in its south wall. But I realized recently that there is another gate in the east wall. The load times might be quicker on the northern river, and there is no Raider horde over there. Plus I might be able to put it in a spot where it is not in the middle of four cells (that is a biyotch to work with in the CK). I might still start over from scratch and move it up there.

BTW. I did go across the river to deal with those Raiders for good. It turns out they are part of the gang that is after Pickman. They don't seem to be respawning. There is just a lot of them spread out across that area. So as time goes more more wander into range and start gunfights.

Yeah the other side has two Raiders and a dog near the water and a building called “Drug Den” with two more raiders inside. Might be worth checking out. If you put it there though, you’d need to get it far away from that north/south bridge down the road from Old Ironsides. There is a random encounter spawn on the other side of it and all kinds of nastiness comes across that bridge.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 30 2018, 10:30 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 30 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #472

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 30 2018, 05:26 PM) *

Yeah the other side has two Raiders and a dog near the water and a building called “Drug Den” with two more raiders inside. Might be worth checking out. If you put it there though, you’d need to get it far away from that north/south bridge down the road from Old Ironsides. There is a random encounter spawn on the other side of it and all kinds of nastiness comes across that bridge.

I started a new mod and put the boat near the Drug Den. This time I was able to keep it on a single cell, which I renamed USSBunker Hill. This way you can use the console to COC right to it, which is handy when you don't want to go through a load door just to fast travel, or when you are overburdened.

At least the raiders in the drug den are easier to get rid of, and now it has a direct line to the eastern door of Bunker Hill. There is a truck trailer kind of blocking the road, but you can get around it, and I put up some shack steps to make that easier.

I am thinking of replacing some of that bridge you mentioned. It is a permanent stone one, so there would be no way for the boat to get past it. So I will probably replace some of the meshes to make it a drawbridge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 30 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #473

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 30 2018, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 30 2018, 05:26 PM) *

I am thinking of replacing some of that bridge you mentioned. It is a permanent stone one, so there would be no way for the boat to get past it. So I will probably replace some of the meshes to make it a drawbridge.

Ooh yeah that’s a good idea. Khajiit didn’t even think about the fact it wouldn’t be able to get in there. Might keep the nasties away too!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #474

Ancient
Group Icon

I finished the new USS Bunker Hill and put it on Dropbox. Far Harbor is required. I completely redid the electronics on the boat's bridge. I was a little disappointed that you cannot actually use the scanner. I ended up using the console to markfordelete it, and replaced it with the scanner from Homemaker. That one has the animation to actually look through it like Mr. Spock used to do in the original Star Trek. I found another version of the scanner that uses the animation, and replaced the old static one with it. I reuploaded the file above with it.

I tried some new things this tutorial on settlement creation. But none of it worked differently than the previous way I have documented in the CK topic. I even tried adding the quests in this new guide. But while everything in the settlement works, I still cannot dismiss companions to it. sad.gif

Other than that, I really like how it turned out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 3 2018, 01:45 AM
Post #475

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2018, 04:01 PM) *

I finished the new USS Bunker Hill and put it on Dropbox. Far Harbor is required. I completely redid the electronics on the boat's bridge. I was a little disappointed that you cannot actually use the scanner. I ended up using the console to markfordelete it, and replaced it with the scanner from Homemaker. That one has the animation to actually look through it like Mr. Spock used to do in the original Star Trek. I found another version of the scanner that uses the animation, and replaced the old static one with it. I reuploaded the file above with it.

I tried some new things this tutorial on settlement creation. But none of it worked differently than the previous way I have documented in the CK topic. I even tried adding the quests in this new guide. But while everything in the settlement works, I still cannot dismiss companions to it. sad.gif

Other than that, I really like how it turned out.

Woo hoo!!! Khajiit will check this out as soon as he gets a chance to play again. Your boat was already pretty frickin’ sweet, can’t wait to see the improvements!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #476

Ancient
Group Icon

I did a little more work, and redid the navmesh on the bridge to the east of the boat, that I turned into a drawbridge. Here is the link to it. That should be the final update.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 5 2018, 04:26 PM
Post #477

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 4 2018, 01:59 PM) *

I did a little more work, and redid the navmesh on the bridge to the east of the boat, that I turned into a drawbridge. Here is the link to it. That should be the final update.

Nice! Will download later after we figure out what’s going on with our textures. Khajiit is thinking “Vivid Fallout” is the culprit.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 5 2018, 11:25 PM
Post #478

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok so it was Vivid Fallout that caused the weird discoloration in the mausoleums. Honestly not very happy with it anyway; it makes the debris and trash look weird.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 6 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #479

Ancient
Group Icon

@Subbie-
Checked out the boat update and it’s new location is great! Much more peaceful. Love what you did with the bridge; if you didn’t know any better, you’d never think it wasn’t always a drawbridge.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #480

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is a final update to the USS Bunker Hill. It fixes an issue with the LOD still showing the old bridge.

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:10 PM