Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 670 671 672 673 674 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Acadian
post Jun 7 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #13421

Paladin
Group Icon

Very wise of you, mirocu, to send Cavator off to a new life of adventure! May tree stumps, big rocks and gravel paths fill its days.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jun 7 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #13422

Master
Group Icon

Inspector Clouseau/ Happy digging, ma leetle yellow friend. /Inspector Clouseau

A good decision, 'rocu. The excavator would pine away if it did not have work to do.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 7 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #13423

Councilor
Group Icon

Did the new buyer open its mouth and check the teeth? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 7 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #13424

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 7 2019, 10:08 AM) *

My excavator

I no longer have my beloved Cavator. Yes, it's true; today I sold it. It may seem sudden as I have not said anything but the truth is all the work we planned for are finished and I see no reason for it to be with me anymore. I guess I could have kept it but it doesn't feel right to just have it sit there. Sure, the odd job will always surface but not enough to warrant continued ownership. And rest assured; I didn't sell it with a happy heart.

When I got it I had so much work lined up. I saw no end to it. Each year was filled with something and I imagined keeping it forever. And as mALX has said; it has well earned its place with me. However, when our firewood shed was done it all sort of hit me; I need to sell it. It was like a writer finishing a book. It was done. And truth be told; sitting around with nothing to do is not a fate suitable for a fighter like my yellow Cavator. It needs something to do, another adventure to look forward to. And from what I hear, someone's six-year-old son will have a field day wink.gif

I remember when I got it, how unsure I was operating it and how little I could do. Throughout the years I have gained confidence and skills beyond what I could imagine to the point where I even felt safe working in steep slopes. And all those rocks, all those tree stumps that were in the way are now faded memories. All thanks to that yellow little digger.

-Thank you for your service, Cavator. You have performed above and beyond and I could not have asked for anything more. May your new life bring as much happinness as your old. And if gods are willing, we'll see each other again some day. Until then, take care.

When it first arrived in 2014
Orange Brick Road
In the rain

*Sniff, sniff...*

"BWAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!"

verysad.gif

*mALX wipes tear from eye...*

"Bye, beloved Little Yellow 'Cavator..."

sad.gif

She has been a VERY good girl, and brought me a lot of joy seeing what she and you did together. I hope she brings a lot of fantastic new things to her new family. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 8 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #13425

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 7 2019, 04:30 PM) *

Very wise of you, mirocu, to send Cavator off to a new life of adventure! May tree stumps, big rocks and gravel paths fill its days.

From what I hear, its immediate days will be about digging for fiber and a pool biggrin.gif

QUOTE(treydog @ Jun 7 2019, 04:33 PM) *

A good decision, 'rocu. The excavator would pine away if it did not have work to do.

Yes. Just sitting around is not good for any of us tongue.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 7 2019, 05:50 PM) *

Did the new buyer open its mouth and check the teeth? biggrin.gif

Indeed! Well, on one of the buckets anyway. The other one is toothless biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 7 2019, 06:55 PM) *

*Sniff, sniff...*

"BWAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!"

verysad.gif

*mALX wipes tear from eye...*

"Bye, beloved Little Yellow 'Cavator..."

sad.gif

She has been a VERY good girl, and brought me a lot of joy seeing what she and you did together. I hope she brings a lot of fantastic new things to her new family. verysad.gif

I'm sure she will. And I agree; our journey together has been fun and I've enjoyed sharing it here. We've solved so many problems together that before her arrival seemed so impossible. I will treasure the memories and rejoice in the fact she will make someone else happy now happy.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jun 8 2019, 02:44 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 9 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #13426

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry to hear that you felt your time with the ol’ ‘Cavator has come to an end, ‘Rocu. Khajiit knows you had some good times with it. At least it won’t just sit around.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 21 2019, 03:44 PM
Post #13427

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Happy Midsummer, everyone! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 22 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #13428

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 21 2019, 09:44 AM) *

IPB Image

Ooo! Do y’all do something special for that?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 22 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #13429

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 22 2019, 04:30 PM) *

Not really. Usual get-together at the cottage.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 22 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #13430

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 23 2019, 12:02 AM) *

Let’s hang our enemies from that tree, crow

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 22 2019, 06:02 PM
Post #13431

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 22 2019, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 23 2019, 12:02 AM) *

Let’s hang our enemies from that tree, crow

+1

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jun 28 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #13432

Master
Group Icon

And in "You Know Your Age? It isn't 'Just a Number'" news...

So we have had some storms over the last few weeks, which have cracked loose some decent-sized limbs from a few trees.

Me, being me, likes fiddling about with trees and sorta kinda "cleaning up the yard" (such as it is.) And since I couldn't find my pruning saw, because of the ongoing house repairs (and possibly ALSO because I didn't bother to look for it), I used my ax. Lopped of some limbs from the most recent blow-down and added them to the brush heap. All was well- until the next morning, when my back/right shoulder had a complaint to register.

OTC pain relievers helped a little, but by the morning (4:30) of the third day, the pain was really starting to spike- to the point of queasiness and cold sweats.

Off to the doctor where I was told I have arthritis in the right shoulder blade as well as a really nice inflammation.

So- thanks 50 plus years of doing lots of manual labor. (Grumble)

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #13433

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 21 2019, 10:44 AM) *

IPB Image

Woo Hoo!

QUOTE(treydog @ Jun 28 2019, 02:50 PM) *

And in "You Know Your Age? It isn't 'Just a Number'" news...

So we have had some storms over the last few weeks, which have cracked loose some decent-sized limbs from a few trees.

Me, being me, likes fiddling about with trees and sorta kinda "cleaning up the yard" (such as it is.) And since I couldn't find my pruning saw, because of the ongoing house repairs (and possibly ALSO because I didn't bother to look for it), I used my ax. Lopped of some limbs from the most recent blow-down and added them to the brush heap. All was well- until the next morning, when my back/right shoulder had a complaint to register.

OTC pain relievers helped a little, but by the morning (4:30) of the third day, the pain was really starting to spike- to the point of queasiness and cold sweats.

Off to the doctor where I was told I have arthritis in the right shoulder blade as well as a really nice inflammation.

So- thanks 50 plus years of doing lots of manual labor. (Grumble)

Aw, so sorry to hear you are in that kind of pain! At the corner of Kingston Pike and Neyland Drive is an Orthopedic Clinic that has a therapy area for injury recovery = they do miracles with healing up something like this quickly. They are the same orthopedic team that takes care of the Vols; and are fantastic.

They will put hot packs/cold packs/ultrasound treatment/and massages to make you feel brand new again quicker than you can believe possible.

I hope you get feeling better!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 28 2019, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 7 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #13434

Master
Group Icon

Hello all, I've been remiss in attending to posts and folks on this website, and I apologize for not keeping up with everyone. Please be assured that all of you are in my thoughts as I go about my life.

Many of you may remember that back in 2012 I was very ill with a mystery lung condition that was never properly diagnosed. Since then, I've been in a sort of a holding pattern with it - unable to resume my former activity level and dealing with respiratory infections, to which I am now more prone. My pulmonologist left practice in February, and my primary care provider recommended two. I decided on one and met with him for the first time this past Monday. After I presented him with the facts of my case, but not my own conclusions (which had been kind of waved off by my previous pulmonologist), he looked me in the eye and said "You either have some kind of hypersensitivity or some kind of autoimmune disorder." I could have kissed him, because I had been thinking those things for so long. So on Thursday this week I go for a battery of blood tests for hypersensitivity and autoimmune disorders, plus a repeat chest CT scan. I also have a follow up CT scan as well. It should be interesting to see what develops from these latest tests.

Last Wednesday I got another piece of good news - finally I am now working full time instead of part time. Yes, I will be spending less time in ESO, but I will be able to gain more financially and perhaps start rehabilitating my abysmal credit rating which has been in the cellar since my bankruptcy back in 2011. And it also means something I haven't had since 1999 - paid vacation days!

I hope this finds all of you doing well, enjoying your summer (for those of you Down Under, winter), and finding plenty of joy in your lives.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #13435

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jul 7 2019, 12:26 PM) *

Hello all, I've been remiss in attending to posts and folks on this website, and I apologize for not keeping up with everyone. Please be assured that all of you are in my thoughts as I go about my life.

Many of you may remember that back in 2012 I was very ill with a mystery lung condition that was never properly diagnosed. Since then, I've been in a sort of a holding pattern with it - unable to resume my former activity level and dealing with respiratory infections, to which I am now more prone. My pulmonologist left practice in February, and my primary care provider recommended two. I decided on one and met with him for the first time this past Monday. After I presented him with the facts of my case, but not my own conclusions (which had been kind of waved off by my previous pulmonologist), he looked me in the eye and said "You either have some kind of hypersensitivity or some kind of autoimmune disorder." I could have kissed him, because I had been thinking those things for so long. So on Thursday this week I go for a battery of blood tests for hypersensitivity and autoimmune disorders, plus a repeat chest CT scan. I also have a follow up CT scan as well. It should be interesting to see what develops from these latest tests.

Last Wednesday I got another piece of good news - finally I am now working full time instead of part time. Yes, I will be spending less time in ESO, but I will be able to gain more financially and perhaps start rehabilitating my abysmal credit rating which has been in the cellar since my bankruptcy back in 2011. And it also means something I haven't had since 1999 - paid vacation days!

I hope this finds all of you doing well, enjoying your summer (for those of you Down Under, winter), and finding plenty of joy in your lives.

Oh Haute, we were just talking about this a week or two ago! I so hope he has solutions too; and is able to find the diagnosis that will give you both some clear answers! Hug_emoticon.gif You have been through a lot these past few years!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 7 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #13436

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the update, Rider. It is so nice to find a doctor that you click with and who 'gets' you. Hope you continue to make progress. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #13437

Ancient
Group Icon

Good news! I hope this means you will be turning your health (and wealth) around! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 7 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #13438

Master
Group Icon

Great to see your situation improving haute!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 7 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #13439

Ancient
Group Icon

Good to hear from you Rider! Glad things are lookin’ up for you!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 7 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #13440

Master
Group Icon

My dear haute- I am so happy you are with someone who is now asking the right questions. And the job news is also most excellent.

Here is hoping that things continue to move in a positive direction for you. Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 670 671 672 673 674 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:52 PM