Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Mounts
Scrooluse
post Oct 30 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #21

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

But in the time spent expressing such a passionate rallying cry, could one not have taken the first tentative steps into modding and bring a vision of their own creation to life?

While I myself do try to keep to lore as close as possible, I am generally unaffected by those that stray outside of it. A poor implementation is nothing more than a doorway to hone what has been done and bring it into a new state of being. Aside this, a roleplaying world is ever-changing and constantly updating to associate new input data.

While I do agree a bit more effort should be put forth, I'll refine that by saying modders attempting something radically lore-breaking should at least attempt to be creative in how this new creature/race/weapon/etc. came into being. To place a griffon mount suddenly and inexplicably is a bit of a stretch.

But to take the same premise and make it less than readily available, perhaps throw it on the rumor mill amongst NPC's or find a tantalizing clue such as a misplaced tome as to abominable practices of a necromantic wizard or an enterprising alchemist attempting to blend together essences of various beings to create a new entity is still a stretch, but makes the whole thing a bit more plausible and by my book, acceptable.

--------------------
The mind of a child is filled with the most wondrous of magic. This is simply due to the fact that is has not yet been rotted away from the horrible jading of experience.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d
post Oct 30 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #22

Retainer

i could write a story based on how undead steeds became avalable for purchase if you want me to.

--------------------
user posted image
when the dead walk, man will fall.
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Oct 31 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #23

Agent

QUOTE(Scrooluse @ Oct 30 2005, 06:12 PM)
But in the time spent expressing such a passionate rallying cry, could one not have taken the first tentative steps into modding and bring a vision of their own creation to life?

While I myself do try to keep to lore as close as possible, I am generally unaffected by those that stray outside of it. A poor implementation is nothing more than a doorway to hone what has been done and bring it into a new state of being. Aside this, a roleplaying world is ever-changing and constantly updating to associate new input data.

While I do agree a bit more effort should be put forth, I'll refine that by saying modders attempting something radically lore-breaking should at least attempt to be creative in how this new creature/race/weapon/etc. came into being. To place a griffon mount suddenly and inexplicably is a bit of a stretch.

But to take the same premise and make it less than readily available, perhaps throw it on the rumor mill amongst NPC's or find a tantalizing clue such as a misplaced tome as to abominable practices of a necromantic wizard or an enterprising alchemist attempting to blend together essences of various beings to create a new entity is still a stretch, but makes the whole thing a bit more plausible and by my book, acceptable.

Agreed, let the issue be put aside.

Although let it be known, I said what I said in the name of more condonable and probable modding. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
"Listening to the unicorns is like having sex with yourself in the third person"
+Quote Post
g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d
post Nov 1 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #24

Retainer

thats good for you. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d
post Nov 2 2005, 04:27 AM
Post #25

Retainer

nix hounds

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Scrooluse
post Nov 2 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #26

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

Now that is keen idea to me. I always thought it would be rather neat to have a tamed Nix hound mount. Either that or a Kagouti hitched with a special saddle.

--------------------
The mind of a child is filled with the most wondrous of magic. This is simply due to the fact that is has not yet been rotted away from the horrible jading of experience.
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 2 2005, 05:04 AM
Post #27

Agent

Among the other Tamriel creatures that could be probable mounts, I'd like to ride a Durzog around. I think horses are a little too large and "Heroic" for my benevolent tastes. I would like something sleeker than a horse, Fast enough, around the size of a guar, but not as ugly or dumb. That would be pretty nice

--------------------
user posted image
"Listening to the unicorns is like having sex with yourself in the third person"
+Quote Post
BlackVenoM
post Nov 15 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #28

Retainer

a camel...or donkey...
or a tiger |||| BLAH... tiger rocks
+Quote Post
Hanz baby
post Jun 11 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #29

Retainer

give me one of those chiken things from final fantasy here chookchook!! hehe.gif
+Quote Post
HOLYBOB
post Jun 18 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #30

Retainer

wacko.gif ive bin thinkin the same thing for ages but apart from dragons i thoght of polar bears and dolphins/sharks and maybe mammoths wacko.gif

ps id like some mrwnd creatures on oblivion yet no ones done it

--------------------
READ THE BIBLE FOR GODS SAKES
+Quote Post
Panxter
post Jun 21 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #31

Associate

hmm... instead of just discussing what you want, y not see if there actually ARE ANYONE who wanna make it winkgrin.gif

--------------------
Spork = Spoon + Fork
+Quote Post
HOLYBOB
post Jun 21 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #32

Retainer

QUOTE(Panxter @ Jun 21 2006, 07:39 AM)
hmm... instead of just discussing what you want, y not see if there actually ARE ANYONE who wanna make it winkgrin.gif

if that was to me please who could make it????!!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
READ THE BIBLE FOR GODS SAKES
+Quote Post
Tlo1048
post Jun 24 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #33

Associate

Hey chumbaninya
I would love to find out where the mod is to ride some Wow creatures
please reply

PS
for those who want a griffon I am working on onealso a
Lion mount
Winged lion mount
winged horse mount
Daedric demon-winged horse mount
wolf(larger)
Bear
Durzog from morrowind(so cool!!!)
chobico
tiger
dragon
nix hounds
tons of morrowind creatures
stuff like that smile.gif
I thin the mount selection is to scarce for some people and eventually people will get bored(I mean look at morrowinds modding community!!!!)

This post has been edited by Tlo1048: Jun 24 2006, 10:31 PM
+Quote Post
Arukardo
post Jul 9 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #34

Retainer

Just to let you all know there is already a Dragon Mount mod
but there is a problem with it the cities in OB arent like the ones in
MW so when u fly over the cities its just like nothing but tall buildings
and pretty sure u can just land in the city u can fly everywhere but without
the Open City Mods its pretty ghetto
and another problem i forgot where i saw this mod kvright.gif sorry

i think chocobos would be a cool mount to have

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Tlo1048
post Jul 13 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #35

Associate

Holy Bob if you want to make or find mounts go to
www.OMP.com
or look in the Construction set wiki
It is pretty complicated but after a while you will get it smile.gif
Oh and i found a morrowind mod that adds sharks and fissh/dolphins and i am transfering the data into Oblivion to make a mountable shark for fast sea travel

This post has been edited by Tlo1048: Jul 13 2006, 02:48 PM
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 13 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

A mountable shark - that'll be fun. Could you put up the link to that sea creatures mod? I'd like to install them in Morrowind. Is it hard to transfer models from Morrowind to Oblivion? I mean are the sizes the same and everything? Do you have to run them through Blender and then NifSkope? Sounds very interesting. Can't wait for your mod! ohmy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
MaestroChieften
post Jul 17 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #37

Associate

I believe that lore should be maintained for the player who wishes to maintain lore, while I think that people who wish to go wild with a mod that (theoretically) breaks lore is still okay. I mean, I think that the “lore breaking” mods can be considered “satire”, as they are not meant to be apart of established lore. People who don’t like the lore breaking mods can safely ignore them; people don’t have to download such mods. You can go into a store and select your favorite brand of chocolate milk, while you ignore the others that don’t satisfy your palate. Same logic concerning mods.

I merely think that people who wish to maintain lore should'nt ostricize those who aren't as concerned with it. Still, I think that some mods can benefit from proper explanations to make sense (if the modder is concerned with lore). The idea of necrotic horses is sound; but the idea they are purchasable from a horse dealer like any other horse type is illogical.

With that said, I would like to suggest that someone creates a wider variety of horses, create larger wolves (for Orcs) and, for the Wood Elves (with their affinity to nature) deer that they can ride.

PS. (the thread that I started hasn't gotten any replies in a while, so I need get it a little more exposure)

What’s your favorite Predator armor? Can Predators be logically blended into Elder Scrolls lore? What abilities would you like to see the Predator have? Who’d win in a fight, an Alien or a Predator? Got any tips on how to model a Predator face in the Construction Set? Why is that annoying thing that sits next to Jabba the Hutt so annoying? Discuss all this on my thread:

http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2606

--------------------
What would Yoda do?
+Quote Post
MaestroChieften
post Jul 17 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #38

Associate

I'm sorry if I was beating a dead horse on my other post with my point of view, so what I think on the subject of what mods break lore can be safely ignored. I do hope though that someone considers my horse/wolf/deer suggestion though.

I am a bit eager to hear feedback on the Predator subject. Remember, my thread is:

http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2606

This post has been edited by MaestroChieften: Jul 17 2006, 09:57 AM

--------------------
What would Yoda do?
+Quote Post
DungeonHunter
post Aug 13 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #39

Agent

no. no no no. the elder scrolls was built as a game that broke the fantasy mold of dragons, gryphons, and riding demons. horses fit the story better, simple as that. in elsewyr they ride tigers but thats about it. also in akavir there used to be dragons cyrodiil and the rest of tamriel is designed to be a more civil place. also raise your hand if you dont like the fact that they included goblins in oblivion.

also, be realistic. would the legion allow people riding dragons and demon horses and mammoths along the roads of cyrodiil??

This post has been edited by DungeonHunter: Aug 14 2006, 04:21 AM

--------------------
www.lost.eu/551e4 ------ find yourself
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 14 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #40

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(DungeonHunter @ Aug 13 2006, 07:27 AM) *

also raise your hand if you dont liek the fact taht they included goblins in oblivion.

also, be realistic. would the legion allow people riding dragons and demon horses and mammoths along the rods of cyrodiil??

*Kiln raises hand*
I didn't like that they used the goblins, they are way overused in fantasy games as it is.

Also, I agree with what he said about realism. Dragons, those birds from final fantasy, and other huge or previously used stuff wouldn't be good mounts.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:59 AM