Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A shrine-related bug, Can't use shrines
Lopov
post Nov 17 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I encountered an annoying bug in my latest playthrough. Simply put, I can't use shrines. If I click on them, nothing happens. I can use any other interactive item like forges, alchemy labs, etc fine. Now what's odd is that apart from a few mods I use exactly the same mods in my previous and my latest playthrough and shrines worked fine before. And I even disabled all mods in my current game and shrines still don't work, I also tested it on earlier saves.

I googled about this subject but I always end up with the similar result: that it's related to the mod called Requiem which I don't use.

I found another possible reason on Elder Scrolls Wiki Talk page which says only "Curing diseases and shrines don`t work, due to a "cure glitch" substance missing in alchemy" but that's all, there isn't anything else that'd be helpful.

Maybe worth mentioning is that not long ago I got that bug when a blank message appears in the upper left corner, saying "was equipped" but I didn't have any visible effect on my character. But because this happened later in the game and I can't use shrines from the very start, I doubt that's the reason.

I'd be grateful for any help!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 17 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmmm, each shrine has it own spell. But I note that by default Disallow spell absobption is not checked in them. So if you are playing an Atronach standing stone sign, you might be absorbing the shrine's effect.

Every shrine uses the same CureDiseaseEffect. The other magic effects vary. It is not the same effect used for alchemy though. It has a Cure Disease script attached to the effect. Perhaps a mod replaced or changed or deleted the script file?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 17 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 17 2014, 04:17 PM) *

... If I click on them, nothing happens....

Do you get the [E] and the appropriate "use shrine" message, but they don't activate, or are they acting like a regular static that you can't interact with, like a rock?

If a mod has replaced the shrines with statics, by the usual process of overriding the reference, then removing the mod should revert them. If they were deleted by script and a new item placed, they might now be persistent in the save game. Open the console and click the shrine. If it's replaced, then the refid won't begin with '00' any more.

If the refids are still 00, it's possible that there's still a mod script in the scripts folder that's doing it. When you uncheck the esp, the pex files remain, and can still screw up the game. Look in the folder for anything with shrine in the name as a possible culprit.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 17 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 17 2014, 10:48 PM) *
Do you get the [E] and the appropriate "use shrine" message, but they don't activate

Yes, it's exactly like this, the message appears but nothing happens when I click "E".

I didn't have any mods enabled in my first save but even loading this save and trying to activate any shrine, does nothing. I know that I installed some "mods" that use only textures and meshes and don't have actual .esps but they've also been present during my previous playthrough when shrines worked fine.

Okay, I'll look for anything related to "shrine" in my folders. Shrines as such have 00 in their name in the console.

EDIT: Okay, I think I found the possible reason. I downloaded a mod some time ago called Immersive Prayer and extracted its contents to the Data folder. Now I see there are some scripts inside its core folder and although I never activated the .esp, it could be that these scripts are messing up my shrines. It would also explain why I have this bug present even with no mods running. Now I can't wait for my night shift to end so I can return home and see if that's the guilty mod. I have a strong feeling that it might be. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 17 2014, 11:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2014, 03:09 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

They will be. You have to uninstall mods, not just de-activate them, to get rid of their scripts. Bain (in Wrye Bash) is the best tool I've found for that.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 18 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Yes, I delete those scripts and now it works fine.

Thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:20 AM