8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite mods
Grits
post Apr 24 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #121

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve had no trouble with the new Anequina so far, but I hasten to say I have barely begun to explore! We’ve made it from Dune to Fort Seaplace stopping in at every location found along the way. That’s not much. I will make note of any weirdness that we find in Elsweyr as well as after returning to Cyrodiil and give a report. smile.gif

Renee, I found the ability to actually set up camp for the first time to be one of the best game moments I’ve experienced. After all of those years of using Wait to pretend, my character was finally living in the world. wub.gif Congrats on the addition!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 24 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #122

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, Grits!

Renee, after trying quite a few camp/tent mods, I've settled into 'Camping' (like you) and augment it with 'Portable Campsite' when we just want a campfire or maybe a bedroll. Rather than setting up stools, I generally use simply a pose mod if Buffy wants to sit by the campfire (sit on the ground).

As you probably know, the 'Camping' mod has, in addition to three levels of tents, also three levels of 'poshness'. Those are determined by the amount of gold you're carrying, with cutoffs at 20K and 100K. I confess that Buffy kind of likes the silk brocade bedroll provided by carrying plenty of gold. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 24 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #123

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 24 2014, 02:59 PM) *

I've great respect for modders. I can understand putting out VI 'unfinished' and I'm sure the modder had plans to refine and fill in things. But like many projects, it never really got updated beyond a certain point.

I'm still using the older version of Anequina. For those using the new (March 2014) version, is it working well? Any problems? I'm likely to switch over to the new version at some point, but am, kind of selfishly, hoping for some 'trouble-free' reports. tongue.gif

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I very highly appreciate the work the modder put into just a grand project, it's just highly disappointing that it was left unfinished.

And, like grits, I'm running the new Annequina, too and am not experiencing any problems smile.gif
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 31 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #124

Councilor
Group Icon

Map Marker Overhaul?, one of my new favorites. Removes the GPS pointer on the map YES! .. I've spent at least a couple months looking for a mod that does this. It does a few other things too, but I've been wanting to remove the pointer since my PS3 days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 1 2014, 12:31 AM
Post #125

Ancient
Group Icon

And the makers of tape everywhere panic is they just lost their best customer... laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 1 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #126

Councilor
Group Icon

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Home Depot's market share plunges....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 21 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #127

Councilor
Group Icon

Summon the Rats? rollinglaugh.gif

This mod makes it possible to summon TEN rats at the Journeyman level. It is the type of mod which fits a very specific type of roleplay, and for Lady Saga this mod's perfect. Saga only summons 'natural' creatures, you see, like the Summon Wolf spell found in SR's Witchcraft mod.

Anyways, Summon the Rats is hilarious. The rats all squeak at the same time, and often an enemy will literally be surrounded. Then, it's a slow death for that poor NPC, while they go "Hah, Ow! Ouch!"

The only thing I don't like about StR is the original mod author made it too über. I noticed after summoning the rats that it would only take 2 or 3 rat-bites to kill most enemies, and I discovered that the mod author made so that each rat does an insane amount of damage (for a rat): 35 points per bite! They also had too many health points; I think 20 hp each, which is just insane.

I was able to go into TES4Edit and change this (my first usage of this tool...pretty cool); now each rat only has 10 health and does 5 pts. of damage. NPC enemies now must deal with agonizing rat-bite after rat-bite, while Saga can get some easy shots with her bow.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Sep 21 2014, 01:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 22 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #128

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread! laugh.gif

But now when I´ve found it again I might as well ask if anyone know of a mod, or can create a mod, that disables the cricket sound in the Jeralls? I mean, they really shouldn´t be heard there, now should they? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 23 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #129

Master
Group Icon

I was searching for the same mod a few years ago and using Sounds of Cyrodiil was the closest to achieving this - it"disables" crickets in the Jeralls but it also changes a lot of other things which I didn't like so in the end I didn't install it.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 23 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #130

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I did look at that mod long ago but decided I didn´t want it. Thing is, if I mod my game too far away from vanilla it takes away "the Oblivion feel" for me, if that makes sense. If that mod had been in the vanilla game it would have been great, but as it isn´t I´ll notice it every time a sound plays that isn´t vanilla and then I´ll be reminded that I´m using a mod.

Plus I really only want to disable the crickets up there anyway tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 23 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #131

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 22 2014, 04:46 PM) *

But now when I´ve found it again I might as well ask if anyone know of a mod, or can create a mod, that disables the cricket sound in the Jeralls? I mean, they really shouldn´t be heard there, now should they? wink.gif

But they're magic crickets, Crow. biggrin.gif

My guess is nobody has made a mod for this yet. I wonder if it's possible to go into individual cells up on Bruma and somehow find the cricket sound files, then remove them from these cells? It seems they randomly get triggered to turn on and off, which means there must be some program or script that triggers them. But i have no idea if this is even possible. Assuming it is possible, and you somehow manage to edit cell after cell, you'd have yourself a mod I'd also be interested in.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Nov 23 2014, 04:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 23 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #132

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I don´t really need a mod that disables them in Bruma. All I need is one that disables them entirely and I just turn the mod on and off as I need to smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 23 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #133

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 23 2014, 10:42 AM) *

I don´t really need a mod that disables them in Bruma. All I need is one that disables them entirely and I just turn the mod on and off as I need to smile.gif

Ahh, you might not need a mod actually.

There's always been one 'wind noise' that annoyed me on consoles. I am talking about the sound of wind blowing. There was one particular sound that was way too repetitive and obvious, know what I mean? Natural sounds like this don't repeat themselves over and over like this sound did. So what I did was I go into

C: // Oblivion > Data > Sound > FX > ambient

....then I clicked on all the sound files in that folder (all the different rain and wind noises) until I found the sound I wanted to get rid of. I didn't actually delete it though, I simply moved somewhere.

... and now I am trying to find cricket sound files, but cannot do so. Maybe they are inaccessible.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Nov 23 2014, 07:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Aug 25 2015, 08:28 AM
Post #134

Finder
Group Icon

They're in the Oblivion - Sounds.bsa file, Renee, which you would need to unpack, modify and repack. I would advise against that, though, I don't think it's a good idea to modify the original game BSAs at all. Some supplemental vanilla assets are placed on the disk though, I have some cricket files there, but they're likely from a mod like OSSO.

But, Mirocu, what you can do is take the opposite approach. A file placed on disk overrides the one in the .bsa, so substituting a silent file with the same name should remove the crickets. In the case of the Jeralls, that would mean everything in data\sound\fx\ambient\regions\crickets\forest\ - which unfortunately would also wipe out all forest crickets elsewhere. And you need a silent .wav file, easy to make that.

OTOH, a targetted approach in the CS would mean finding all the cricket sound emitters in the Jeralls and disabling them, because the general sounds for that region already have crickets disabled, I just looked. Which means that you've identified a bug wink.gif Trouble is there's probably a lot of them...

EDIT: Not very helpful, sorry, thinking aloud. Maybe a better idea will occur...

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Aug 25 2015, 08:59 AM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 25 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #135

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 23 2014, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 22 2014, 04:46 PM) *

But they're magic crickets, Crow. biggrin.gif

My guess is nobody has made a mod for this yet. I wonder if it's possible to go into individual cells up on Bruma and somehow find the cricket sound files, then remove them from these cells? It seems they randomly get triggered to turn on and off, which means there must be some program or script that triggers them. But i have no idea if this is even possible. Assuming it is possible, and you somehow manage to edit cell after cell, you'd have yourself a mod I'd also be interested in.

In Oblivion the sound files have a way to set them to randomly go off at different times of the day and at random intervals which can be controlled by changing the ratio set for each sound.

Go in the CK and find the cricket sound. You just double click on it to tweak the ratio; or if you Right click on it and click on "Users" and it will show you a list of the cells that have that sound in it.

You can use the grid chart for Cyrodiil and so you know which cells you are looking for to edit and just double click on each of those users if you want to just delete the ones you find offensive entirely; though ... it will kind of kill the ambiance if you do that. Those ambient sounds actually do help with the immersion in the game imho.

If you remove them or alter their ratio's either one - make sure to save it as a mod, don't ever alter the vanilla game itself !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 25 2015, 09:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 26 2015, 02:40 AM
Post #136

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Aug 25 2015, 03:28 AM) *

EDIT: Not very helpful, sorry, thinking aloud. Maybe a better idea will occur...

I think it's helpful. You and mALX both have some effective ideas. Now, let's see if mirocu wants to follow one of these directions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 8 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #137

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I´ve scrapped that idea for now, at least until someone makes a mod... biggrin.gif

Another question. At some point Olfand died (I of course resurrected him) and as a result, no one longer talks about Skjorta´s antics and how they drink so much. Is there a mod for bringing that back? I looked at nexus but found nothing.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 8 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #138

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 8 2015, 12:56 PM) *

I´ve scrapped that idea for now, at least until someone makes a mod... biggrin.gif

Another question. At some point Olfand died (I of course resurrected him) and as a result, no one longer talks about Skjorta´s antics and how they drink so much. Is there a mod for bringing that back? I looked at nexus but found nothing.

OMG, are you playing Skyrim?

*mALX faints*

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 9 2015, 08:28 AM
Post #139

Spam Meister
Group Icon

*unfaints mALX*

Noo, Oblivion. Olfand and Skjorta lives in Bruma biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 9 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #140

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 8 2015, 05:04 PM) *

OMG, are you playing Skyrim?

Wow. I would dance the Wahtuusi if this happened.

.... the sky would fall.

... hell would freeze.

... if mirocu broke the Steam barrier. But I'd dance anyways.

Anyways, about your question mirocu. I wonder if there's a way to look into the CS and make something happen? I read something about this recently. I've been doing a LOT of reading though about the Construction Set over the past 2 or 3 months, and I know I read something about what happens when NPCs die. It resets the game in some sort of way.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 9 2015, 11:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:37 PM