Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Blood of the Kyn, Volume II
Dantrag
post Dec 8 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Click for Volume I

The start of Volume II; where stuff actually starts to happen. wink.gif Enjoy.

Chapter 1 - Tensions

I am lost. Azyrek recited the words in his mind as he stood in the center of the Plaza Brindisi Dorom, in front of a beautifully sculpted pair of statues. He looked around one time to make sure there were no prying eyes.

His lips finally moved to form the words, and he felt a slight rumble beneath his feet. He heard rock grinding rock and looked down to see one slowly descending. It was large enough to stand on, so he did. The dremora slowly fell into darkness on a magickally suspended stone.

Azyrek could see nothing in the darkness, but he could tell that he had reached the bottom of whatever pit the Brotherhood had sent him to.

"We've been expecting you, Brother," he heard, just before a torch was lit, "Welcome to Bamz-Amschend. Cemented over when the Plaza was repaired, but the Dark Brotherhood laid claim."

Azyrek could tell from the accent that his 'brother' was a native dunmer, though his face was masked.

"Thank you, Brother."

"I will show you to your room soon. First, you must follow me."

Azyrek followed the mer, and in the torchlight could see that they were in an old, old place. He had never seen any ruins such as these before. Judging by the machinery, they had to be from the dwemer. A stark contrast to the old Ayleid fortresses he would see in Cyrodiil. They went further down and eventually into a tunnel. The metal and stonework disappeared, making it obvious that it had been dug long since the dwemer walked the halls.

They came to a door, and the other assassin stood by it.

"The Speaker awaits you, Azyrek."

Azyrek opened the door to find a surprisingly homey room. The floors were wooden, though the walls were those of a natural cavern. There was a bed in the back corner, and to his left was a crackling fireplace. Arranged in a semicircle in front of it sat a sofa and chairs. On the sofa was another dunmer, who sat with his hands in front, hidden under the folds of his black robe. Much like Azyrek often did, he had a hood pulled low over his face.

"Greetings, Murderer. Vicente send word of your success and promotion. It seems Sithis and the Night Mother favor you."

Azyrek gave a slight bow. Noting that this dunmer was not native. It sounded like a dark elf from home would.

"I know you're weary from travel, so I will be brief. You are never to enter this Sanctuary again. The name of your first target is Temis Alam. He goes by the name Ras here, performing magick in the Bazaar. He is Morag Tong and I want him dead.

"Once he is dead, we will contact you. We have arranged for you a place to hide and begin your destiny."

"So...I have to leave now?"

"No, stay the night, and prepare tomorrow. You will leave us when night falls. Farewell, Murderer. The Night Mother expects great things of you."

Azyrek took his cue, said his goodbyes, and left the room. The dunmer was still outside the door with the torch. They walked further into the tunnels, and Azyrek was shown his room. It was nothing but a bed and a table with a jug of water, but it was all he needed. Too tired to think, he laid down and went to sleep.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: May 19 2010, 07:02 PM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
minque
post Jul 4 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhh how could I miss this? MORE Danny, ya hear? Love this story..just love it!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dantrag   Blood of the Kyn   Dec 8 2009, 08:08 AM
Dantrag   Chapter 1 - Tensions (continued) The next day wa...   Mar 19 2010, 07:29 AM
Dantrag   I know there's a couple right in a row. You gu...   Mar 19 2010, 09:15 AM
treydog   So good to see you continuing, Danny! This is...   Mar 19 2010, 04:14 PM
Olen   I know there's a couple right in a row. You gu...   Mar 19 2010, 05:11 PM
Dantrag   kinda short, but i'll be updating more often f...   Mar 21 2010, 09:57 PM
minque   Yay! Azyrek's back, I'm very pleased t...   Mar 22 2010, 01:15 AM
Dantrag   Chapter 2 - A Decision Arriving in Mournhold was...   Mar 24 2010, 08:23 AM
Olen   Good to see this developing again. I love this st...   Mar 25 2010, 09:39 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 2 - A Decision "A what?" ...   Mar 26 2010, 08:13 AM
Dantrag   Chapter 2 - A Decision Rinori rode into Mournhol...   Aug 13 2010, 06:26 AM
treydog   Danny!! You're working on Blood of th...   Aug 13 2010, 11:58 AM
Dantrag   Glad to still have a reader after all this time. T...   Aug 13 2010, 06:25 PM
Olen   It's good to see this continued, it took me a ...   Aug 15 2010, 10:45 AM
minque   Yay! More Azyrek and Rinori....this is interes...   Aug 15 2010, 05:43 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 2 Rinori let her back slide down the gia...   Aug 16 2010, 10:22 PM
Olen   Yup, so she suspects. Makes me want to know why h...   Aug 16 2010, 11:21 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 2 - A Decision Rinori woke quickly, as t...   Feb 9 2011, 07:37 PM
Olen   It continues... good I like this piece, it has a f...   Feb 11 2011, 07:37 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 3 - Following his Footsteps Rinori wande...   Feb 12 2011, 08:36 AM
Olen   Well he's dead, I must say I didn't see th...   Feb 12 2011, 11:11 AM
Dantrag   Chapter 3 - Following his Footsteps Rinori stumb...   Feb 14 2011, 08:46 AM
Olen   Heh... As ever the plot remains thick. This pie...   Feb 15 2011, 12:21 PM
minque   yay! More Rinori and Azyrek! Great story D...   Feb 17 2011, 10:03 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 3 - Following his Footsteps Rinori emerg...   Mar 31 2011, 04:59 AM
Olen   Good to see another part of this. I like this sto...   Apr 3 2011, 12:41 AM
Dantrag   Chapter 4 - The Void Death was not peaceful, as ...   May 7 2011, 08:42 PM
Olen   Aahh, now I didn't see that coming. I suppose...   May 8 2011, 04:43 PM
minque   Jeez! Meeting with Mephala, O_o...Interesting ...   May 22 2011, 09:58 PM
Dantrag   Chapter 4 - The Void "You may not be a lost ...   Jun 5 2011, 06:06 AM
Olen   Good to see another update :). I am still readi...   Jun 5 2011, 04:54 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:31 PM