Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 - no spoilers, Are the rumors true?
Grits
post Oct 27 2015, 04:47 PM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

Nope. PS4. tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 27 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

They are offering a Preload before the game's release. PS4 is in there Grits, so you can buy it on day one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 27 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2015, 11:50 AM) *

They are offering a Preload before the game's release. PS4 is in there Grits, so you can buy it on day one.

Grrrr. The people who pre-ordered the game should be able to get it a few days earlier than the release date too; or why bother to pre-order it at all? Grrrrr.

Last time Bethesda gets my money early.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 27 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

The last time I preordered a game was Doom 2. I didn't get my copy until weeks after it was out in the stores. And the stores all had it on sale, so it was cheaper there than what I paid! Never again.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 27 2015, 08:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 27 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2015, 03:28 PM) *

The last time I preordered a game was Doom 2. I didn't get my copy until weeks after it was out in the stores. And the stores all had it on sale, so it was cheaper there than what I paid! Never again.

I've learned my lesson then. I thought it was kind of odd that when we pre-ordered it they said it would ship the same day it would to the stores; so I paid extra for speedy shipping so I could get it first. Now if I have to play it on Steam anyway (grrrr) - and also get it later than Steam players get it, that will really tick me off. I wonder if the Official forums are saying anything similar from pre-paying players.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 27 2015, 10:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 27 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #86

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 10:07 PM) *

I've learned my lesson then. I thought it was kind of odd that when we pre-ordered it they said it would ship the same day it would to the stores; so I paid extra for speedy shipping so I could get it first. Now if I have to play it on Steam anyway (grrrr) - and also get it later than Steam players get it, that will really tick me off. I wonder if the Official forums are saying anything similar from pre-paying players.

I haven´t been paying much attention to that but I can´t recall complaints from pre-orderers. They´re busy nagging on about the voiced protaganist.. tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 27 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 27 2015, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 10:07 PM) *

I haven´t been paying much attention to that but I can´t recall complaints from pre-orderers. They´re busy nagging on about the voiced protaganist.. tongue.gif

Yeah, as long as the voice is good I'll be okay with that; but from my experience in ESO I have learned exactly how sensitive my ears are to a grating, irritating voice and one that is so cute you just fall in love with your character every time she says something.

One of my ESO characters has the best voice ever, and it is such a pleasure to play her! I just love her voice so much. Maxical in Oblivion was the same way, her voice was cute, nothing about it irritated.

But the last character I started in ESO - I thought I had chosen the right voice. Boy was I ever wrong. She grunts like a pig farmer's wife; it is like she is pumped to overflowing with testosterone. I cringe every time I hear that grunting noise, and she does it every single thing she does: chopping wood; mining ore; leaping onto a rock; mounting her horse; bending over; etc. If she wasn't so tough, I'd have killed her off a long time ago. As it is, she has my respect for her strength and combat abilities; but I don't enjoy playing her.

So the voiced characters in Fallout 4 - I think they should give us a pick from several voices, so at least we have some say-so. I mean, ESO gives you a choice of 8 voices per each race; and with 7 characters I only got one great one and one crappy one; the rest were all neutral - not excellent, but not bad.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 27 2015, 11:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 27 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 05:07 PM) *

In my experience Next Day shipping actually means a minimum of 6 days before you get it. And regular shipping means about 6 days before you get it. So I never pay extra for shipping anymore.

Are you sure you bought an actual physical disc? I was thinking that people who pre-ordered got a Steam validation key to use, and would download the game the same as everyone else.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 27 2015, 11:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 27 2015, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 05:07 PM) *

In my experience Next Day shipping actually means a minimum of 6 days before you get it. And regular shipping means about 6 days before you get it. So I never pay extra for shipping anymore.

Are you sure you bought an actual physical disc? I was thinking that people who pre-ordered got a Steam validation key to use, and would download the game the same as everyone else.

They said they would be shipping it to my house, so - it would have to be a physical disk. I'm really kicking myself for prepaying now. Urk. Grrrrr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 28 2015, 12:39 AM
Post #90

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you, SubRosa! That was my kind of article. Straight to the point with sources cited plus another chance to view the E3 trailer and get pumped up! biggrin.gif

My kids have requested a disc copy so I’ll probably just pick it up from Gamestop. Our local Gamestop is awesome and I like to give them the business. Their employees are consistently outstanding. Plus I’m told there’s a preorder bonus poster, and there is a Cinnabon and a chocolate shop right there. So my big decision for Nov. 10 will be Cinnabon or truffles with my coffee. tongue.gif

mALX, can you cancel your disc preorder and get a digital copy instead?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2015, 12:44 AM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 27 2015, 07:39 PM) *

mALX, can you cancel your disc preorder and get a digital copy instead?

I don't think so, they took my money months ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 28 2015, 12:51 AM
Post #92

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve just gotten the green light from my son to save Fallout 4 until Christmas! Yikes, I was kind of joking when I suggested it. I knew that November was going to be busy, but now I’m scared. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2015, 01:04 AM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 27 2015, 07:51 PM) *

I’ve just gotten the green light from my son to save Fallout 4 until Christmas! Yikes, I was kind of joking when I suggested it. I knew that November was going to be busy, but now I’m scared. ohmy.gif

Think he's got something up his sleeve?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 28 2015, 01:47 AM
Post #94

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 27 2015, 11:31 AM) *

So, I guess I´m at least in the minority who won´t get it..? wink.gif

I won't be getting Fallout 4 anytime soon, but I might get it in the future, like a year from now. Not sure. I want to see how the game plays first.

quote name='mALX']
I mean, ESO gives you a choice of 8 voices per each race; and with 7 characters I only got one great one and one crappy one; the rest were all neutral - not excellent, but not bad

Oh okay, this is good news. So there is a pick of different possible voices. Cool. I was turned-off by the voiced protagonist thing at first, but I've been warming to the idea.

I still want the option of turning voices off though, does ESO give us this option? And if there's no option in FO4 (and possibly TES VI), hopefully Beth will allow modders to tamper with this.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 28 2015, 01:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 28 2015, 02:35 AM
Post #95

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 08:04 PM) *

Hmm, probably not. He has a heavy course load this semester plus a lot of extra stuff going on. If he’s willing to wait on FO4 he must be truly overloaded. He actually knew about a deadline he has right after the game releases. That’s, like, two weeks away! Who is this kid? laugh.gif

I’m staying away from the official forum for now to keep an open mind about things. Plus there is a segment of the population who seems to live for the purpose of spoiling things, and release time is their glory days. I can do without those interactions!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 28 2015, 02:44 AM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 27 2015, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 27 2015, 08:04 PM) *

Hmm, probably not. He has a heavy course load this semester plus a lot of extra stuff going on. If he’s willing to wait on FO4 he must be truly overloaded. He actually knew about a deadline he has right after the game releases. That’s, like, two weeks away! Who is this kid? laugh.gif

I’m staying away from the official forum for now to keep an open mind about things. Plus there is a segment of the population who seems to live for the purpose of spoiling things, and release time is their glory days. I can do without those interactions!

I've stayed away from the forums too, because right now everything they are discussing is just projected anyway. But when the official announcements are made, my ears go up on them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Oct 28 2015, 06:14 AM
Post #97

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, the official forums are a disaster from this point. Todd has given us next to nothing about the main quest but that has not stopped anybody. The things I have read regarding synthetics are most likely miles away from what will be in the game. The perk list they came up with has already been debunked.

Some of it is fun but most is just baseless speculation.

A blackout of the main forum will be needed after Nov 10. We need the space to enjoy the game ourselves.

I am happy to grab the disc version on the first morning. The install will take about 15 - 20 minutes. On the other hand digital download would take forever as Australia has slower internet speed than Romania. Lol.

Thanks Mirocu. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Oct 28 2015, 06:16 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 28 2015, 08:25 AM
Post #98

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Oct 28 2015, 06:14 AM) *

Thanks Mirocu. biggrin.gif

For what? Kobby made the thread, but I guess I can take the thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Oct 28 2015, 09:18 AM
Post #99

Knower
Group Icon

Well, as they say, persistence always pays, especially with hopeless people like me. biggrin.gif

Sorry, back on track. With Fallout 4 just over the horizon I was wondering what you folks are most looking forward to. For me there are 3 keys items. I really loved the light, dripping rain effect they put into Skyrim, the one that was was heavier than drizzle, but not quite normal rain either. So it will be really awesome to see how the weather plays out in the game. Storms are likely to play a main role, but I also hope they downplay it with some somber music to fit the mood.

The number of quests that Beth gave me in Oblivion and Skyrim was astronomical, where as the number that I had to play with in Fallout 3 was horribly underwhelming. It was only once I modded the PC version that things felt complete again. I really hope that there is waaaay more content this time.

And third, with Adam Adamowicz (the Beth concept artist) passing away back in 2012 I am very keen to see if Beth put a few hidden eggs in the game dedicated to him. Perhaps a gravestone with his name, or a art book (in game) with a little of his work. Who knows?

So, what say you? What are you keen to see?

Edit- Oh, and this is my current screen pic while I wait for Fallout 4. mALX, this one is for you!

Clicky

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Oct 28 2015, 10:14 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 28 2015, 09:24 AM
Post #100

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Oct 28 2015, 09:18 AM) *

So, what say you? What are you keen to see?

A version of the game that doesn´t need Steam... biggrin.gif

Yeah, sorry. I know I go on and on about that topic. But it really is a thorn in my side. I would agree with WW, more quests and decent ones at that. I also felt a little underwhelming in that department in Fallout 3. Not horribly, but definitely less than in Oblivion.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:23 PM