Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Oct 13 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #4121

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 13 2019, 11:40 AM) *

I bought my hard drive yesterday and swapped it out. Going from 200 some gb to 2tb made plenty of room. I redownloaded ACO on the new drive last night. Again, it took about 14 hours. The game is 89 gig and change! Because it's on sale now, it also came with Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, and AC3: Liberation for free as well. So I am downloading them both now. That is only 35 gig.

If you are interested in the game, now is the time to buy it. 60% off Odyssey and AC3 for free. I bypassed Steam and bought it straight from Ubisoft. Even if you buy it off Steam, you still need the Ubisoft front end manager Uplay. I did not see the point in having 2 DRMs for a single game.

I remember when I bought my first PC late 1989. It came with a 60mb (yes, mb) hard drive. All my computer-literate friends, who made do with dual floppy drives, teased me for wasting so much money on something I'd never be able to fill. I also remember how exciting it was to see PC memory modules drop to only $100US for a one megabyte stick! And when, upon release of 2x speed PC CD drives, 1x CD drives dropped to only $300US (from $600US). The good old days.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Oct 13 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #4122

Mouth
Group Icon

I remember our first PC. 4 mb RAM, 128 MB hard drive. Mom paid a load to put 12 mb RAM in it and my ex husband put a 256 mb drive in it.

Was the first computer sold in town with a CD drive.

Price? Just over 3 grand.

--------------------
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

207 Pages V « < 205 206 207
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 08:54 AM