Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game Making Project: Proper Spot!, It's our project for a new Game...
DarkHunter
post May 29 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Here is the new thread for our game planning... since the one that was locked for being in the wrong section...

Intestinal Chaos we're not ripping off any game! These are respected race names used many, many times to represent the Races...

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: May 29 2006, 01:12 AM

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 29 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

What exactly is the point of this thread? You really should be more specific and explain yourself more man cause I don't know whats going on here...

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post May 29 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Now normally I'm a very friendly and easy going guy and I really don't mean to be rude or troll-like in any way, but I have no respect for or faith in this idea of yours..

If this really does show any form of promise I just might join in.. but really..

Don't get you hopes up.

Copyright also decided how much Lore we use from Bethesda...

What was that about not ripping off anything again?

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: May 29 2006, 01:31 AM
+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 29 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #4

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Wow this is getting ALOT easier to understand...thanks for clearing that up...

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 29 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Loving the sarcasm Kiln. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Mazelure
post May 29 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Alright... here it is... my original thought for that topic "freaking awesome" was to get all the great writers of this site to combine forces with the artist... you know like someone will draw a realy cool character and then the artist can team up with a writer and make a realy cool story to fit the character... or the other way around... some one would write a story and some one else can draw the main character.... but then it turned into the development of a game... some how... well if you truly want to make a game I have a bunch of stories and ideas I have stored up over the time... I also started a "Demon VS. Angels" series... well in theory... I wrote everything down on paper... so if you truly are interested in this DarkHunter just pm and we will discuss this privately... by the way this got real big real fast... that was cool... anyways even do nothing got done I still want to say...

Kudos... Kudos

--------------------
you have to crack a few eggs in order to make and omelet
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 29 2006, 02:42 AM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Not to be a pessimist...

But after reading the original topic, I would like to say that it would be a little more difficult than you're making it out to be.

Programming, animation, scripting, etc.

I loved the original idea, about having artists draw writers' characters, or having writers write about artists' characters, but I think that making your own game is a little far-fetched.

But if you can go through with it, I'll give you all a hand shake or something. smile.gif

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Mazelure
post May 29 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

Yeah... the original idea was very cool... I hope we can still go through it... like I said before I wanted to get the artist and writers to join forces... but I guess not many people liked it... o well... I guess I am going to go learn how to draw and such... and once I do I'll start up that thread again to see how it fares a second time around... only this time I will be prepared...

--------------------
you have to crack a few eggs in order to make and omelet
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post May 29 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

That's good. Give it a good think.

That does make me more confident about this. Somewhat unrealistic though...

But if you're actually going to think it through, you might have a chance.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 29 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

Ummm... Where I said "Copyright also decided how much Lore we use form Bethesda..." Means NONE! a copy-right means that NOTHING can be used of that game that was copyrighted. (and that's the entire game...)

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 29 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Concerning making a game, I've read some threads on that before but I thought that people mentioned using the Bethesda construction set to make an independent, free playing game - as in - an .esm as opposed to an .esp that has to play along with MW or Oblivion. But the use of their construction set itself would then be including Bethesda, even if you made all new models and imported them in.

So, who among us knows how to build a game engine? Whoever does, I sure would like to learn. I'll supply artistic and retexturing needs as best as I can offer. I have 3ds max & Gmax - I'll make a greater effort to learn them.
I may be going to school for Computer Animation in Game Design ... this would look great on my application.

I already have gotten in due to my artwork & modding for Morrowind & a 3D cartoon I made at ElderScrolls.com. But I'm waiting now to find out the financial aid package. This would be great fun & be a wonderful experience.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 29 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm still in High School I'm taking Programming this September (coming up) and I'll bother the teacher until he tells me... He's great he knows everything about computers!

Until then Ibis: You,me, and Mazelure are working via PM. We'll be writing the story exchaning models (from you, I suck at it) etc...
Of course if someone joins who already knows how to do good game programming then I won't have to bother my teacher and will only have to write Quests, books, stories, dialoge, etc...

You're going to (College I take it) school for Game Design? Great! I'll be going there soon enough. Prehaps the three of us (Including Mazelure just cause he writes better stories than me... lets see how you do in quests Mazelure!) could team up someday and become a small company! (just like our dear friend Bethesda when it started)

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: May 29 2006, 11:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 29 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool enough, DarkHunter! You, Mazelure & me it shall be. By PM. Okay, I'm gonna go look at some of Mazelure's stories in the Fan Fiction forum then.

Hmmm ... now how are we gonna get a company name out of DarkHunter, MazeLure & Ibis.... DarkMazeIbis Inc. .... HunterLureIbis Inc. ... etc??? lolol

I'll just suggest that we do think of races that are generic names .. like the list they started to give in the original thread ... Eldmer for Altmer, Drow for Dunmer, Bowsmer for Bosmer, Dwarf for Dwemer, etc.

Do you think it'd be good to feature one already written story of Mazelure's so we can get the feel & I can try drawing the characters the way he wants them to look?

Well, we can continue this in pm, just thought I'd throw out some ideas!

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 29 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Alright! Lets get to work... now... how do I put Abyss into a quest...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post May 29 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #15

Agent

Well, good look to you guys.
smile.gif

But I suggest that if you really are gonna make a game, then start making up the world from scratch. Put down your own ideas, and yours alone.
Drow for Dunmer? There is already a race called the Drow in other games.

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 29 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

Making a brand new game?
Wow, that's ambitius. Well, it's posible, but you all need a biger team. And a lot of hard work. And a good communication. A website would be nice too. And..........

Oh well, best of luck smile.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 29 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Dear Fethenwen: The name Drow has been used many, many times in D & D Dragon Lance, other games... Etc.

For Hypno: Planning on making website... on Freewebs cause I don't feel like paying...

To All: We need more members and we'd like critisim once we release a beta-test game section or something...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post May 29 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #18

Agent

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ May 29 2006, 05:26 PM)
Dear Fethenwen: The name Drow has been used many, many times in D & D Dragon Lance, other games... Etc.

Aye, I just commented one thing that Ibis said. So, you shouldn't use the name Drow because it has been used much already.
But, that is just my thoughts, a suggestion.

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 29 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

If you plan on making Drow, make their society as it is. Try to recreate something like Ust'Natha from Baldur's Gate. smile.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 29 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ May 29 2006, 04:26 PM)

My opinion when it comes to races would be to create them yourself than to use races that has already been used so much - Taking for example the dark elf; we see them in several games like in TES Lore, D&D, Warhammer - pretty much the same, elf looking creatures with dark skin...

So I think you should try to come up with you're own races, don't have to be something completely unique but something you guys think of yourself... smile.gif

And as Hypno said - Get a website running with a forum + a mIRC channel or a TS Server. Start working things out, organize a team of people who can actually make this game come to life and work from there...

Good luck! wink.gif

Think it was Stomach Ache that gave me the link a while back...

Project Offset, is a RPG FP game thingie - Goes very good from what I've seen, I suggest you guys to drop by the site and other sites where they are currently working on games, take a look around and get some ideas on how to organize something like this... even tho this will be in a smaller scale I guess.. smile.gif

Project Offset

This post has been edited by Fuzzy Knight: May 29 2006, 05:46 PM
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:54 PM