Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Story of Taillus, Chapter 7
Taillus
post Mar 28 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Chapter 7 - The Road to Darkness.

Taillus walks out of Vivec and not for a second does he look over his shoulder. When he was in pain and writing on the ground did anyone come to his aid? No one even acknowledged him, now that there was an Ordinator in bloodied pieces in the same spot there is reason to be upset. It was the very same as when he had no choice but to kill his Noble mentor.

Being used as a punching bag to relieve stress for a middle aged drunk could only be taken so far but when young Taillus finally had enough and had developed enough courage to fight back, he was thrown head first into a labor camp quicker then he could say self-defense. Taillus knew that he would start his soul harvest by killing anyone of power. Those were the people that truly deserved to have their lives ended.

Taillus walks down a wooden platform that leads to a slim dunmer man that seemed to operate the nearby gondola. He was directed to leave for Suran and he knew that it might take a small while but it was definitely reachable by water. Taillus looks at the dark elf before hopping into the boat and sitting down.

This time, Taillus wasn’t going to have to rely on scare tactics to get his way, this man in particular was a big fan of his and was often seen rooting from the sidelines of the arena pit. Taillus was certainly going to abuse this to gain a free ride.

“Where are you headed champion?” The thin Dunmer man says as he steps lightly on his gondola and picks up his staff. Taillus removes his broadsword from behind him and sets it at his side to get comfortable for the long ride. He hopes that the Dark Elf was not terribly long winded because a silent trip would serve his aching head well.

“I am in desperate need of reliable travel to Suran my friend.” Taillus states as he shifts his weight again to get comfortable. The dunmer man smiles as he dips the pole deep into the water and pushes off the dock letting the gondola glide away from its home. Taillus breathes a sigh of relief knowing that the road ahead will be tiring and can only end badly but at this point, he would give anything to never experience the pain from the hands of Molag Bal. His body, mind and overall sanity could not handle it.

As the small boat peacefully soars over the water’s surface with the grace and majesty of a lone swan, Taillus peers over the edge seeing his reflection before him. It has seemed like an eternity since he had arrived in Morrowind. He feels as though he actually fits in relatively well and has come to adapt to his new surroundings. His face has changed in the short year, signs of age begin to show on his face and his eyes have become bloodshot from the dust of the arena and lack of sleep.

The gondolier must have sensed to leave the warrior alone and leave him be. He simply dips the pole and pushes occasionally, hoping to get to Suran within a time acceptable to his idol.

“When you get to Suran Taillus you will immediately head to my shrine. It is located very close by and you should have no trouble finding it. The time of my summoning date will soon arrive and you will not miss it lest you befriend the pain in your mind.” Molag Bal whispers as Taillus lets his one unarmored hand fall into the water.

Taillus’ body and mind was sick and tired of fighting. He was exhausted from working his way to the top of the Arena in Vivec and his body rebelled deep inside of him knowing that there will be more strain to come. Who knows what will happen upon the summoning of Molag Bal. He knew he would have limited influence on the Mortal plane being summoned by one like himself but there must be a purpose. Unfortunately he would find out soon enough.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Mar 28 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Have finally caught up with this epic story. Although the main character is not sympathetic, he is fascinating. Add in great descriptive passages- this is a winner.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 28 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Thank you so much Trey. And all this time I though you weren't reading my story. biggrin.gif

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 28 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Nice update Taillus, it is strange to think of what the character has become since the beginning of this story, though he does not want to continue his path of murder and violence, he has accepted that he must in order to be free from torment...which makes it interesting.

I can't wait for the next part mate. smile.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 28 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Nice start to the seventh chapter Taillus. A soothing gondola ride to Suran before all hell breaks loose. Great! Keep them coming!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 28 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

They've said it all. Your story is great and I always enjoy to read it. Taillus may be evil, but he has conquered our (or at least mine) hearts.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 30 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Hey thanks Cloudy! It's nice to know that Taillus still has fans even though he is a bit cranky. Here's Today's Update!

Time and the gondola eventually brought him to his destination of Suran. Taillus handed the Gondolier a handful of gold thinking that in due time he would be slaying an unfathomable amount of people and would make more then his money back for sure. Taillus thanks the Dunmer for the relatively swift journey and he walks into the town of Suran.

If Taillus remembered the vast array of books he had scanned while he was in the Daedric Ruin he thought to himself that the Kummu fields was a pilgrimage site where Vehk learned of humility and it was relatively close by. He laughed at the mental image of the fake god toliing naked in the fields. Taillus was certain there was a lot of moon sugar or skooma involved.

The Shrine of Molag Bal was an interesting one, and quite hard to miss if you know what to look for. Taillus quickly makes his way to the outskirts of town and after a short walk, he finds the ever familiarity of the Daedric shrine. He scans the area for an opening and after finding it, he grins to see that the door is ajar. Upon entering, he could tell that there was some recent activity. The smell of a freshly lit torch filled the entry and the dust in the air proved that someone or some people had been through here.

Taillus steps into the main entry way and flips up the hood on his dark colored robe. It hid his ebony armor well and gave him a way to hide from light considering that it would reflect less then shiny ebony armor. He keeps his broadsword strapped to his back as always and he lifted the amulet that was a gift from Molag Bal.

“Mark.” Taillus breathes as the amulet shimmers placing its mark. If there were people inside, it would be not only their worst day, but also their last. Taillus believed that now would be a great time to show his allegiance to his Daedric lord and these people would pay for disrespecting them.

Meanwhile, three men find themselves in a room that seemed to be devoted to the Daedric god Molag Bal. They could see the molten rock beside them as it bubbles and boils, creating a thin haze around the bottom of the shrine. It made finding footing difficult and they all hoped that they wouldn’t fall into the lava pits that littered the bottom floor. The three men slowly and carefully climb a rock stairway and after a fateful jump, ended up standing before a daunting stone statue of Molag Bal.

Taillus creeps down the hall as he can begin to hear voices of the intruders. It was brought to light that there were three in total and all were male. They had one torch to share and they were lightly armored. This would be a very simple task indeed. Taillus decides to use a cheap levitation scroll that he picked up in Vivec to float up to the top levels of the shrine and soar quietly over their heads. He lands without sound on a rocky ledge crouching to avoid being spotted.

The three intruders begin setting up for a summoning ritual by opening a few books and etching odd daedric-like markings on the floor with a dyed wax. A completely unnecessary tactic that proved their skill. One man finishes their “preparations” while the others swiftly gathered odds and ends believed to be of value.

“All powerful and ruthless prince of the Daedra! We wish to prove ourselves worthy of you and complete a quest for your mighty and ever smiting mace!” The rookie adventurer shouts. He falls to his knees before the grand statue of Molag Bal and bows before it.

“Kill them Taillus, this is insulting! I want their blood spilled all over my shrine to pay for this disrespect! Kill them Now!” Molag Bal orders. Taillus nods as he adjusts the hood over his face before jumping from his perch. Taillus lands on one Shrine raider’s outstretched hands as the sound of many breaking bones can be heard from beneath Taillus’ ebony armored boots.

The man screams in agony as Taillus remains on his badly broken hands, his comrades drop their loot and draw swords before advancing on the cloaked minion of Molag Bal. Taillus grins from under his hood and reaches down to release the evil mace from his side. He holds it, pointing its head at the skull of the downed adventurer as his friends stop short.

“Is this the great mace you speak of? I am afraid that you will not be leaving with this or any other goods that lay in this shrine. All of the items you see here belong to the great Daedric Prince Molag Bal and are not yours to remove. Now I am afraid your souls will belong to him as well. You picked such a bad day to come here my friends. You are going to witness my coronation.” Taillus growls as he lifts one foot up high enough for the man to remove his hands.

The trio of adventurers turn and leap down the treacherous stone steps and run through the entry in a frantic attempt to escape the dark and demonic Taillus. He laughs and adjusts his hood as he watches them try to escape.

“I told you to kill them all Taillus. You have let me down for the last time!” Molag Bal shouts to Taillus as it echoes inside his mind.

“I am not yet finished with them my lord. I will personally see to it that they get the punishment they so dearly deserve.” Taillus hisses as he walks casually towards the exit of the Summoning room.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 30 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Oh, evil! I love it! evillol.sml.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 31 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Taillus is transforming into a ruthless monster more and more. I like it evillol.sml.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 1 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Another excellent update.....you really are a good writer Taillus! viking.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 1 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks so much Min! I appreciate it... I will try as hard as I can to actually finish the story of Taillus. I am getting a brand spanking new X800 Vid card so I wll be playing Oblivion by wednesday. (Stay focused! Must stay Focused)

Hopefully I can finish this up relatively quickly so the story of Xander in Taillus' body can begin.

PS....is what part of the alphabet would look like if there was no such thing as "Q" and "R" biggrin.gif

Real PS - Min I will have all but the last couple of chapters emailed to you on monday if that is alright!! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 1 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #12

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ Apr 1 2006, 03:54 PM)
Real PS - Min I will have all but the last couple of chapters emailed to you on monday if that is alright!!  smile.gif

Ah does this mean that its gonna be posted over at the chorrol main site? I hope so as it is very good work, it is hard to have a somewhat evil character that people love but you've definately pulled it off. Keep up the good work mate. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Kiln: Apr 1 2006, 11:12 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 2 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Wow... kind of blew that out of the water. I hope that wasn't supposed to be kept secret. indifferent.gif Well I guess now the Khajiit is out of the proverbial bag.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 2 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Congratulations Taillus! Your story is one of the great stories here and you deserve to have it put on the main site. Congratulations! Keep up the great work as I'm curious to see what led up to the epic battle with Xander.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 2 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahem....now then it really was not to be announced this way.... nono.gif So please just keep commenting the story itself here, and that´s about it right?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 3 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

sad.gif Im in trouble..... Before I had realized what i've done people had already read it. Oopsie

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 3 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

The three men charge through the confusing and winding halls as they desperately try to escape the dangers of the Shrine. As the exit gets closer, they all gasp in horror as the ebony armored nightmare materializes out of thin air.

“Recall” Taillus breathes as he looks at the men, all paralyzed with fear. Taillus laughs maniacally as he gently raps the mace against his opened palm, walking towards the men.

"You disgrace Molag Bal by stealing from him and you disgrace me my not staying to view my coronation. You will suffer greatly for your insolence. It is time for you all to return to the depths of this shrine and accept your fate…"

Hours pass and each of the three adventurers are stood before the stone statue of Molag Bal and are tied by their own loot bags. Taillus gets ready as the day of the twentieth of Evening Star begins. He stands before the statue as he looks into the cold stone eyes of Molag Bal’s effigy.

Taillus as well as his prisoners watch in awe as the stone statue of Molag Bal begins to shine as if it was an enchanted sword. The shrine itself seems to come alive with evil activity as the summoning begins.

“It is time my lord and master! Come forth so that we can begin the harvest of souls! This marks the day of the twentieth of Evening Star so show yourself and guide me! Tell me what it is you wish of me!” Taillus shouts as the storm over head seems to increase with the tone of his voice.

A panel of the wall behind the large statue begins to stir, revealing a dark stairwell leading downward. Taillus looks up at the statue before passing around it and heading to the newly opened door. He places his armored hand on the wall waiting for instruction and waiting as well for any sign of a real, tangible Daedric Prince.

“The stairs my child. I will be with you shortly.” The voice of Molag Bal whispers but this time it is real. For once he could hear his master and it was not in his head. His prisoners can also hear the voice as they all look for Molag Bal. It sounds as though it is coming from a valid source and may confirm that Taillus was not a crazed Blight Victim at all.

As Taillus walks down a winding set of stairs things become clear to him. This was the scene from his dreams. This was the day that the Daedric Soul Gem would grace his person. The day has finally arrived where his hand may feel the warmth that the unknown artifact provided and will also be the day that signals the start of the massacre.

In his dreams, Taillus had witnessed many dremora climbing to grasp the gem but in his ignorance he knew not what the true sight would be like. In reality, the statue was that of about five daedroths all hoping that they could reach the gem. The carvings were almost true to life and considering that he once was up close and personal to one of those crocodile headed beasts, he himself would know of all people what one was to look like.

It was far more awe inspiring then what he saw in his dreams. A platform that held a large stone column was littered with stone daedroth carvings that were all reaching and straining in an attempt to grab the soul gem.

Taillus bounds down the spiral stone steps and walks towards the stone sculpture. He can hear the muffled screams of the three men above. He smirks as he gets closer and closer to the artifact that had been practically calling out his name for the longest time. Finally it would come into his possession.

The stone Daedroths crumble to life as the stone skin is replaced by the usual scaly green hides. Taillus dodges through them as they begin to move away giving him access. He scales the tall pillar and ends up on a thin ledge that lines him up, his eyes staring directly into the translucent black gem.

He quickly reaches out and grabs it as the sheer power throws him from the ledge. He assesses his location in the air and rights himself, landing on his feet stirring the dust below him.

The Daedroths bow around him as a scaly figure emerges from the darkness of the spiral stairs. The scaly, muscular body and dragon-like head makes it clear that he is in the presence of the true Molag Bal. He throws the three adventurers to the ground before him and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

“Kill these imbeciles Taillus. These will be the first souls to fuel your power! Their soul energies will charge your body making you more powerful then you ever have before. End their lives and the soul gem will take it from there!” Molag Bal barks still crossing his arms.

Taillus slides his large, ebony broadsword from his back and points it in the face of the man with the broken hands. The tip of the blade touches his nose causing a drop of blood to trickle down his face. The man shakes in fear as he closes his eyes. Taillus could feel the power of the gem throb in his hand.

Any sign of the merciful Taillus was vaporized by the evil that had completely taken over him and the power of the Daedric Soul Gem that was gripped tightly in his unarmored left hand. He wielded the heavy broadsword in his other hand, ready to use it to begin his harvest. At the word from Molag Bal, that fateful demanding order, Taillus swung the blade as easily as if it was a mere dagger. Screams of pain and horror were quickly ended as the heads of each man were severed.

White mists trail from the dead bodies and flow quickly into the gem, making a quick flash of light as each one gets consumed by evil. Taillus can feel their collective energies adding to his own as his muscles flex with strength. His eyes lose color and the whites can only be seen. Taillus had been completely taken over by Molag Bal and the terror would soon start.

“You have done well my young apprentice. This marks the joint deaths of every man woman and child in Morrowind. Be creative, be ruthless, be unforgiving but most of all, be relentless in making us more powerful then ever fathomed. This is your legacy Taillus. You will be written into the history books for this. Make me proud and you will have a seat beside me in Oblivion!” Molag booms as he slowly fades away.

The modest people of Suran say that the rain was tainted a blood red and the clouds were as black as death itself that night. The screams of Taillus’ first victims could be heard in the wind, sending chills down each and every villager’s spines.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 3 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

So, your journey to the dark side of Molag Bal is complete. Now you shall rule the island of Vvardenfell and all shall bow before you in fear.

Sorry, I was reading Sinder Velvins parodies and he put Darth Vader in at one point. Anyway, great update as usual.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 3 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #19

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Truly wonderful work you've got here Taillus, I wonder though if this is where the story picks up with the first post or if there's a bit more before the present time?

Oh and Jack, Sinder's parodies are awesome...much like this story.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 3 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

One more update cause I won't be able to post tomorrow.... Here it is.

Over the span of the next few weeks, our ex hero painstakingly readied himself for the harvest. He crafted an exquisite amulet where the soul gem would be housed and used his newly developed magicka skills to craft a powerful soultrap enchantment into his sword. This would suck the souls of his victims into the waiting Soul gem and in turn would fuel his soon to be god-like powers.

Along with the added strength the Daedric Soul Gem provided. It also amplified his senses, made him much more agile and granted him access to magicka beyond comprehension. He was no longer a man, he was nothing more then a daedra spawn himself, born from the twisted realms of Oblivion.

“Nothing will stop me now. With each soul that I rip from a mortal being will only make me more powerful. Whole armies will fall at my feet! This marks my ascension from a mortal to a true god! No one will get in my way!” Taillus shouts as he uses his recall spell to bring him to the Shrine entrance.

As I tell this story to you, I get saddened deeply. A man that was fated to become a bloodthirsty killing machine since he was a young man. Taillus could have had so much potential. He himself could have become a brave imperial legionnaire or a guild leader but instead the darkness of evil that had begun in him from childhood, growing slowly even though he tried to repress it eventually consumed him and made him what he had become at this point.

I would rather not share what I had witnessed after this point as far as the details go. As he traveled back to Balmora to find his old friend Jiub, he had slain many men. He attacked caravans and convoys that were delivering goods to neighboring cities, toppled escorts protecting nobles and with each passing day, Taillus became increasingly more evil and powerful.

He finally made his way to the bustling city of Balmora only days after leaving the shrine of Molag Bal. As he stepped through the city gates, he was met by three dunmer guards dressed in full bonemold armor and each wielding some variety of weapon…..

“Remain where you stand Imperial. The city of Balmora is quarantined and no man is permitted to enter or leave. This is for the safety of our people.” One of the guards bark as the others keep their weapons ready. Taillus looks at the guards knowing that they have been informed of the murders and ambushes on the people traveling from town to town.

“Might I ask why this fine city is Quarantined? I was told that Balmora is a city of great stores and exquisite wares and I was hoping that I could visit the bookseller as well as your fine clothier.” Taillus chimes in a noble and civil voice.

“Deepest apologies Imperial but we must enforce this rule. No one may enter nor will anyone leave. Due to the slayings that occurred on the paths between cities we are trying to protect the villages from terror.” Another guard states as he proudly stands tall.

Taillus grins evilly from beneath his hood. He looks up again at the soldiers letting them see his color voided eyes. He throws his cloak aside, standing before them with his enchanted ebony broadsword in his right hand and the daedric soul gem around his neck.

“Well allow me to introduce myself. My name is Terror, otherwise known as Taillus!” He growls as the soldiers clamor to protect Balmora. They all charge at Taillus who nimbly but casually hops back and weaves away from their invading weapons. A fourth guard atop the city walls runs to alert the other guards as Taillus is soon surrounded by bonemold wearing city officials.

“Give up outlaw! Your reign of evil has ended. Surrender your weapons and your life will be spared.” A guard shouts as they all close in. Taillus looks over his shoulders at the collection of guards and laughs cockily.

Magicka begins to accumulate around his body as he lifts into the air. The guards look in horror as a burst of white energy consumes them for a brief moment. Taillus’ feet touch ground as the magicka fades and the soldiers around him gasp as their weapons and armor begin to quickly deteriorate before them.

Taillus grips his broadsword tightly and he crouches before bounding forward and hacking through five of the guards in one swipe. They fall to the ground as their armor drips off of their lifeless bodies and he turns to the remaining men. They step away from him in fear as Taillus closes in.

The guards stop, frozen with fear as Taillus stands only feet away from them. Their weapons and armor reduced to puddles of sizzling waste and eroding bonemold before them. Taillus turns and walks into town but not before ending the lives of the remaining soldiers. Their screams cut short as they fall to the ground.

The soul gem pulsates and Taillus breathes heavily, accepting the collection of spirits stolen from the city guards. Taillus makes his way through the now defenseless city and heads to the building he knows to be the thieves guild….

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:20 PM