10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Flying Bullets, Playground 1
seerauna
post Apr 28 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #41

Finder
Group Icon

He moved off before Hannah had a chance to decide herself. Well crap. She tailed the newcomer as he walked back in the direction the other two had gone. After looking momentarily at the sign on the outside of the first bar, he walked inside.

Hannah craned her head to look at the sign. The Rusty Wings, of course. Well she wasn't going in there, they would probably just kick her out anyways. She sighed moodily in frustration. Here went another long wait for people she hadn't even met yet. Settling against the railing, she kept watch.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 28 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden

Aiden pulled a match from the book and struck it on the wall next to him. He took a second to appreciate as the head bust into flame then lit his cigarette and flicked the match away not really caring if it hit anyone. Just then Sam emerged from the crowd and pushed him along the bench. He quickly retrieved his cup and took another drink.

He looked back at the woman who had called herself Linda, it was an impressive bit of kit she had. If she knew how to use it, and by the way she held herself she did, then she had his vote. Not that that meant much, Sam would decide. He flicked the matches back to Karelia and decided he'd voice his opinion anyway.

"Have you got much ammo for that thing?" he asked Linda, "They take MF cells right? Still with another person, and a gun like that, we could take on bigger jobs with better pay." the last line he directed at Sam, he didn't know if the man had seen the laser rifle and hoped not. It would certainly pique his interest.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 28 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #43

Evoker

Linda

She slid back in the bench a little, one hand bringing forth a canvas baggie, which by the looks of the stretched sides contained at least a few dozen cells. Her other hand rested lightly on the pistol, she shook the bag once, letting it rattle, before putting it away, and finishing the dregs of her drink. "Enough." She murmured.

The newcomer seemed to be the de facto leader, and she looked him over with a careful eye, Well, he seems to be all in order... She frowned for a moment, then relaxed, slumping against the bench and taking a quick puff of Jet from an inhaler that she drew from the bosom of her leather armour by the thin chain that hung around her neck.

This post has been edited by Silver: Apr 28 2009, 02:05 PM

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 28 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #44

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden

Linda pulled out a bag of MF cells and Aiden nodded appreciatively. She had plenty ammo for the thing too, she put the bag away then took a puff of jet. He smiled, she'd get on just fine with Karelia. He took drink and was disappointed to find his cup empty, "Pass me the scotch please," he said.

Linda put away the jet, "Do you know anyone who might need our services in town?" he asked, "Or even where people go to hire folks like us?" Some towns had a bar where those with money could hire people to do whatever they needed doing, "And what's the local trader like?"

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 28 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Sam

Sam saw the heat the girl was packing and nodded approvingly. The job he had been promised here was big, and with the fifteen thousand cap payment promised by his contact he could certainly afford to hire on somebody new.

"Alright," Sam said. "If you can prove your worth, then you're on board."
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 28 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"Lasers are boring," she commented, "All disintegration, no blood. Welcome to the crew anyway, I suppose."

A few moments earlier, when she decided to let Sam and Linda work things out by themselves, she hadn't imagined that Sam would actually let her join. Karelia didn't see the point in recruiting more people. They'd been doing just fine with only the three of them so far, and now her shares of pay were going to be smaller. She took a long drink from the bottle then, giving Sam a displeased look at the same time.

She slid the bottle back across the table to Aidan and grabbed the book of matches and her rifle, "I'm going outside for another smoke."

She made her way out of the establishment and found herself leaning against a railing next to a shorter woman, no girl, with a baseball cap. Lighting up again, Karelia gave her a nod before watching the town around them in silence, wrapping her brain around the fact that they had a new member now.

Sam better have a damn good job lined up.

In the end it didn't matter, though. They would survive, just like they always did, though now it would be with less caps. While she often disagreed with Sam, it didn't change the fact that she was still one hundred percent loyal to the man ever since he rescued her from the Regulators back in DC.

OOC: the girl is Hannah, if i didn't make it obvious enough.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Apr 28 2009, 11:02 PM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Apr 28 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah
OOC: It was obvious enough to notice.

IC: Hannah smiled quickly at the woman coming out of The Rusty Wings, wondering whether she would care if she talked to her. She might and Hannah didn't want to bother anyone too much so she stayed in her position against the railing.

She was bored, and needed something to do that wouldn't get her in trouble with Gale. Idly touching the barrell of the hunting rifle slung over her shoulder, her mind wandered coming up with a solution to her boredom.

An idea lit up her mind a few minutes later, and she headed towards the Southern Gate, which had just enough space at the bottom for her to squeeze through. Time for a little target practice, she thought, readying her rifle, a small smile slowly spreading across her face.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 30 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #48

Knower
Group Icon

*my mistake, fixed.*

This post has been edited by Priest of Sithis: Apr 30 2009, 11:42 AM

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 30 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #49

Evoker

Linda

She was haflway through scribbling out a reply to Karelia when the other girl left, leaving her there holding the note, and looking rather foolish. She tore it up, and let the pieces drift to the floor. Her gaze returned to Sam, and she shrugged. A new piece of paper found it's way to her hand, and she scratched a new message onto it ; How am I supposed to 'prove', anything?

OOC: Errr... This was a closed game... And why the Pitt? kvright.gif

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 30 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Priest, the RP's closed, and even if it wasn't we're all in Detroit. Sorry, he'll have to go.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 1 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

Jonathan wasted no further words and ran out of the room without saying as much as a goodbye. He had become completely absorbed by his own enthusiasm and jumped down the collapsed stairs.
"I hope it's a dual-piston model. Those are awe....AYUGH!!!!"

The man rolled over the floor, holding his leg.
"Oh god, I forgot I was upstairs! Ah, the pain! Stupid Newton and his gravity!" He whimpered.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 2 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Autumn, Terminal Charlie lounge

Unlike the other patrons in the lounge, Autumn opted to sit on the carpet instead of the relatively pristine couches and recliners. While these people were the "upper class" of Haven, not one was dressed particularly formal.

Gale was sitting with the other powers that be near the center of the tables. These "meetings" were one of the events that Autumn habitually strayed from his side. While she could grasp common social graces, Autumn couldn't bear to sit through something she couldn't contribute to.

"Hola nina." A husky voice said behind her. Marcus hopped down beside her, a cocky grin on his face.
Autumn frowned at him; Marcus had a talent for making her uneasy. "What are you on, Marcus?"

"I'm just naturally cheerful; maybe you should try having a good time."

Autumn's expression chilled, "Don't push me, Markus, if you know what's good for you."
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 2 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Sam

When Sam saw the girl's question he snorted at her surprisingly dense question.

"I mean," he said. "You blast your fair share of muties and help keep our hides intact, then you'll get your fair share."
+Quote Post
minque
post May 2 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #54

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ May 1 2009, 10:44 PM) *

Jonathan

Jonathan wasted no further words and ran out of the room without saying as much as a goodbye. He had become completely absorbed by his own enthusiasm and jumped down the collapsed stairs.
"I hope it's a dual-piston model. Those are awe....AYUGH!!!!"

The man rolled over the floor, holding his leg.
"Oh god, I forgot I was upstairs! Ah, the pain! Stupid Newton and his gravity!" He whimpered.

Lexie

She leaped to her feet as Jonathan rushed away and fell trough the stairs..

"Watch it!!" she screamed as he landed on the first floor.

Damn it, he must have hurt himself....crazy guy

She climbed down the alternate way, with the help of a thick rope, which she had tied to a iron girder on the second floor.

He was rolling on the floor, apparently he hurt his leg.

"Lay still, please, I can fix you but you have to lay still! Here, take this" she took out a bottle from her backpack. Good old scotch usually made people a bit calmer.

His tibia was broken, but that could be fixed, she just needed to find a bar or stick to secure it. Bandages she had, and more scotch for desinfection..

The man calmed down after he had downed a certain amount of whisky and Lexie gently put the broken bone in right position. She wrapped a bandage around his leg and put four wooden stcks to secure it.

"Ok Mr, there you go, now you need to rest for a while, I'll fix something to eat, wait here!"

As if he could go anywhere!
'

OOC: This ok with you Jackie? I can always edit you know! wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 2 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Well, I'm not sure about the calming down, sounds a bit out of character, but I can roll with it. smile.gif After all, he did just swallow a hefty amount of booze.

Jonathan.

He gratefully snatched the bottle out of Lexie's hands and gulped up the liquid till he had to cough. The alcohol numbed the pain, though now he was feeling rather dizzy.
"Woah...Thanks, milady. That was kind of neglectful of me. I should have remembered the fall." He mumbled.

After telling him not to move as well as promising him something to eat, Lexie left the hallway where he'd landed. Jonathan carefully shifted the injured leg and noticed that the improvised cast was secured quite well.
"Hmm, she's got talent, that lady. Did quite a good job back there. Heh, I wished she was there when I electrocuted myself on the old powerlines. If she had been, maybe I wasn't halfbald now." He chuckled to himself.
"Although, broken bones are not the same as high voltage. Ah well, I'll have to invent something to thank her later."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 6 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

Karelia noticed the girl next to her was a bit itchy with her gun, and worried that she might make trouble. When she finally wandered off towards the gate, Karelia kept an eye on her while the last inch of her cigarette burned away. After tossing the butt to the ground, she looked back just in time to see the girl crawl under the gate. Ignoring the old saying about cats, she decided to let her curiosity get the best of her and followed after.

Karelia squirmed under the gate, and found herself standing outside of the town. The girl had a bit of a head start, and Karelia didn't know quite where to look for her now, as she wasn't in sight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post May 10 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #57

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

She headed for her secret "storage", a hole in the floor at the lowest level of the building. She had discovered it almost immediately when she arrived there some three weeks ago and carefully stashed her foodstuffs there, then carefully covered the cavity. The foodstuffs, merely consisting of battered tin cans containing different kinds of things, was the result of looting a food store.

She took a can with baked beans, carefully covered her trails and returned to Jonathan. She opened it with her knife and meant to give it to him, but he had fallen asleep.

To much whisky I presume

Lexie decided to wake him up, he needed some food...and water, so she shok his shoulder..

"Hey, wake up! You need to eat...and you need water, you're dehydrated!"

She gave him her water bottle and cleaned a worn spoon on her trousers before putting it in the can.

"It's just beans, but they're fairly ok" she smiled

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 11 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

Jonathan blinked a few times as he woke up.
"Wuh? Oh, I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep." He mumbled more to himself than to Lexie. He then looked at the can of beans with a frown. It wasn't that he disliked beans or anything, but he felt that she was going too far for him and decided to say so.
"Milady, with all due respect, but you have already done more than enough for me. If anything, it should be my turn to help you. After all, so far I've only managed to cause trouble. So I'd like to ask you, is there anything I can do for you?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 14 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

Karelia found herself leaning against the outside of the gate, waiting. The girl had to come back, right? There was a small chance that she'd left for good, but as an ex-raider, Karelia knew firsthand that most people didn't survive very long on their own these days.

She didn't know why she was waiting because in all honesty, she really had no reason to be in this girl's business. Ignoring herself, she inhaled deeply on some jet pulled from her pocket.

Ten minutes, then I'll leave.

Karelia laughed at her own thought. The only time-telling device she'd ever seen was Sam's Pip-Boy, and she had no real concept of numerical time.

Days are all I need to count. If that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 14 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Sam

"So, Linda," Sam said, taking a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it up. "Tell me a bit about yourself. Best you can, of course."

He suddenly paused, before saying; "Where are my manners. Want a cigarette?"
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:50 AM