Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The cursed blood., Chapter 1: The celebration.
DarkHunter
post Jun 28 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #101

Mouth
Group Icon

laugh.gif Yay! *does a odd dance* it's your.... oh forget it.

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 28 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #102

Master
Group Icon

Last one. I am already thinking of my next story. Maybe it will be a crossover with X-com. I'd love to see what happens when one Flying Suited, Heavy Plasma carrying soldier gets stuck in Tamriel. cool.gif

Snowhawk.

The Nord entered the inn a bit hesitant. The place was small, dirty and filled with the lowest type of people you could find in the city. Still, it was the last inn he hadn’t checked and what did his lord say? ,,Yer gonna get that package to the right people or we’ll send ye as a gift to the vampires.”

The Nord shook his head. They’d all seen the brilliant light in the distance and some had even been brave enough to go look for the cause of it. The silvery mountain the vampires had lived in was gone, not even a single small puddle remained. So the threat of his lord was empty, though there were plenty of alternative punishments. With a sigh, he entered the inn while he kept one hand on the handle of his axe and another on the package.

He brushed aside a few drunkards and made his way to a small table in a corner of the room. He’d already seen his target. Two Dunmer, an Altmer and a Redguard. The chance of finding two groups like that was very small. He dropped the package at their table and made sure he got out . Once outside, he made his way to a cleaner inn where he could have a drink of his own.

Athus picked the package up with his remaining hand. He seemed to be the only one who was sober enough to even notice the whole thing. He tore it open and two blood-red amulets rolled onto the table together with a letter. Athus quickly pocketed the two expensive looking amulets before anyone could steal them. He then picked up the letter and began to read.

To my friends, no names required.

I’ve written this letter during the night after the Silver Eye clan attacked the sanctuary. I dropped it off at the post office in Cyrodiil. If everything is fine, the package should arrive at Snowhawk in a few days.

In case I am unable to intercept it, this package should come into your hands. I would like to inform you that I have decided to leave this plane after my business with the Silver Eye has been resolved. I plan to visit a few old friends who must have become very old indeed during my absence. As such, don’t wait for me to come back. I am not good at farewells and I’d prefer to leave when no one is watching. I am sure that there will be no problems while the sanctuary is rebuilt.

Finally, there should be two amulets inside this package. I made them recently since there will be a need for them. I have used one myself for a long time and there have been no complaints so far. The enchantment on the amulets is quite complex but the results are simple to understand. In short, the amulet will feed a vampire constantly which means that said vampire will no longer have to rely on blood to remain in a fed condition.

Don’t worry about me or Tamriel. During the time I was on the Elder Council and wrote part of the Elder Scrolls, I’ve seen my future. Tamriel shall face an invasion from Oblivion within a few years but the day shall be saved by a hero. As for me, my end shall not come underneath the mountain. I have seen myself hiding underneath a shell of Living Steel to avoid the sun, but I haven’t seen my death.

To end this letter, I say goodbye till the next time we meet.

Aureus Lucis, Wanderer.

Athus slowly reread the letter again before putting it away. So Aureus was alive. He took out the amulets and hung one around the neck of his sleeping daughter while the other one ended up around his own neck. He felt the rejuvenating powers of the amulet throughout his body.
,,One Flin, please.” He ordered and smiled.

Outside the city, an Imperial stood on a nearby hill. He looked at the lights of the city below him and smiled.
,,Tamriel is a good place but for now, I must depart. Goodbye, my friends.” He muttered. He looked down at the sword in his hand. The ghostly blade of the weapon lit up for a moment with the image of a mountain before coming to rest again. He slowly returned the weapon to its sheath and turned around. He stretched out one hand and Magicka began to flow from his fingers in a complex pattern.

The Magicka swirled around through the air and began to take the shape of a ring. The air inside the ring became darker till it was pure black. Then, the process reversed and the air became pure white. Finally, the insides of the ring seemed to vanish and the sight of a strange land took its place. The air flowing from the ring was warm and pure. The man took one last look at the city of Snowhawk before stepping through the ring and entering the new plane. Behind him, the ring collapsed on itself and disappeared in a small shower of sparks.

The End.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 28 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #103

Master
Group Icon

Well that makes me eat my own words a little bit. It's neat that Aureus still survives afterall.

A strong finish to a strong Fan Fic. I can't wait to see your next project!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Jun 28 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #104

Knower
Group Icon

An exciting end indeed. I've enjoyed reading this story; I'm glad to finally see how it ends but I'm sad to see that it is over. I hope that you will grace us with another story in the future.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Jul 6 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #105

Knower
Group Icon

So the story has ended. I loved your story, I might even say that it was better than Oasis but I'm not sure. It was a little short though for my preferences, Oasis was longer. So ends the latest adventure of "Repul Dakla" tongue.gif I still remember when I told you that the name was pretty lame. biggrin.gif

I liked how Aureus calmly predicted: "Tamriel shall face an invasion from Oblivion within a few years but the day shall be saved by a hero." it was as if he said: "the lawn shall get all messed up but some guy will come with a lawn-mower and take care of it."

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:02 PM