255 Pages V « < 183 184 185 186 187 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
mirocu
post Dec 12 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #3681

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It doesn't happen on every playthrough, but at some point I will most likely find an incredibly well defended system and I know from experience that while you might think my current fleet is huge, it may prove to be a difficult battle...

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 12 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #3682

Mouth
Group Icon

I started playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon again after finishing Ultra Moon. I've tried taking on the Elite Four twice since I finished and Gladion still won't show up :T
So instead I'll worry about finding two more Link Cables for Porygon 2 and Porygon Z and leveling Palkia in PMD for a while.

It's also Dark Souls season! I ended up picking Dark Souls 3 even though I played it to death last year. Playing that on and off with Skyrim.

I just play whatever the day calls for tbh

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 12 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #3683

Master
Group Icon

Bought Rainbow Six Siege for the Xbox One...now I just need Wildlands.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 13 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #3684

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 12 2018, 11:19 PM) *

Used to play one of the Rainbows at a friend's house. We often played a level where you walk from the parking garage in a hotel up to the roof.

---------------------------

I now own five out of six core sectors in Star Wars: Rebellion. Main Fleet consists of two Interdictor Cruisers, one Death Star, fifteen Super Star Destroyers and a grand total of 204 TIE Defender squadrons. That's even more sqaudrons than I have defending Coruscant. If I encounter a system that can beat that fleet now, they friggin deserve it! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 13 2018, 06:33 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 13 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #3685

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 13 2018, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 12 2018, 11:19 PM) *

---------------------------

I now own five out of six core sectors in Star Wars: Rebellion. Main Fleet consists of two Interdictor Cruisers, one Death Star, fifteen Super Star Destroyers and a grand total of 204 TIE Defender squadrons. That's even more sqaudrons than I have defending Coruscant. If I encounter a system that can beat that fleet now, they friggin deserve it! tongue.gif

So are there limits to how many units you can build? Like is there a cap on how many Death Stars you can build?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 13 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #3686

Spam Meister
Group Icon

You can build as much of anything that you want, but there's a limited amount of resources based on raw materials, mines and refineries.

You can't build more than what you have Maintenance points available for in order to sustain what you have. If you build more mines and refineries then Maintenance points go up, but each system has a limit of how much raw materials you can extract. That can btw decrease due to natural disasters or increase due to scientists finding more. These events are random. You also lose Maintenance points if one of your systems are under a blockade and if it goes so far down that you're on the minus side, things start to randomly break down.

I'm not good at explaining things but I hope that made sense smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 14 2018, 03:26 AM
Post #3687

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 13 2018, 12:39 PM) *

You can build as much of anything that you want, but there's a limited amount of resources based on raw materials, mines and refineries.

You can't build more than what you have Maintenance points available for in order to sustain what you have. If you build more mines and refineries then Maintenance points go up, but each system has a limit of how much raw materials you can extract. That can btw decrease due to natural disasters or increase due to scientists finding more. These events are random. You also lose Maintenance points if one of your systems are under a blockade and if it goes so far down that you're on the minus side, things start to randomly break down.

I'm not good at explaining things but I hope that made sense smile.gif

Khajiit followed that very well, thank you for the info!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 14 2018, 04:21 AM
Post #3688

Master
Group Icon

Was surprised by today's Axe training practice session with Capt Bernard.

Of the tree trainable melee weapons (sword, mace (including warhammer) and axe) my Henry is weakest at axe wielding. He's lately been practicing with the latter to improve himself. Up until now he played it safe practicing with wooden weapons. This was his first go at practicing with a "real" axe. We were concerned Bernard would wipe the floor with him. Only, the opposite happened. Bernard threw in the tower in short order. So far as we can tell he never even landed a solid hit. Leastwise neither Henry nor his gear suffered damage during the brief fight. The downside is that it was over so quickly Henry's axe and warfare skill advancement bars didn't increase by any noticeable amount.

Random KCD thought:
While like Oblivion and Skyrim NPCs are seen traveling on roads throughout the map, with KCD only Henry rides a horse. To my knowledge only one NPC rides as part of his general routine, but that's confined to the interior and immediate surroundings of one certain town. NPCs do ride during some scripted scenes related to major quests. Leastwise that's how it's been so far. It's possible, I suppose, that this might change as the game progresses, but I some of doubt it.

Random KCD thought:
Folk have long complained about too few voice actors being used in Oblivion. With KCD there are too few different NPC faces. You see the same faces over and over again as you travel the map. Probably something Warhorse didn't have the time or resources to work on before release. On the plus side, if Warhorse ever releases the promised modding tools this will likely be far easier to fix than having to re-voice Oblivion's NPCs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 14 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #3689

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 14 2018, 03:26 AM) *

Khajiit followed that very well, thank you for the info!

If that one likes a good RTS and Star Wars in general, I can't recommend it enough!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 14 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #3690

Master
Group Icon

I had a decision to make, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy or Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience. Well I wasn't sure if the Call of Duty Trilogy would work on the XB1S (Later I found out MW2 & 3 are backwards compatible) so I went the safe route and bought MGS V. Gotta have my Metal Gear.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Dec 14 2018, 06:04 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 15 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #3691

Master
Group Icon

Despite my misgivings KCD Henry decided he wants to participate in the Rattay Tournament. He initiated Tourneys some time ago by stumbling upon one of two mini quests that sets them in motion. Yet up until now he hasn't felt himself proficient enough at melee combat to have any chance of winning. I still have grave doubt, since I simply can't execute combos, but it's his life.

Anyway, if he's gonna participate he might as well accept the second mini quest beforehand. He traveled to and spoke with the quest giver. The tourney didn't come up. Instead Henry found himself roped into a more elaborate mission that involved removing a group of raiders from the domain. This didn't turn out to be as big a deal as it initially seemed. In the end Henry settled the matter via diplomacy rather than combat.

Otherwise Henry's again spent most of his time training with Capt. Bernard. In the process he earned increases in Agility, Axe and maybe Warfare. He also managed a lockpicking increase, though the way he did so doesn't seem to be repeatable....so far.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Dec 17 2018, 09:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 18 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #3692

Master
Group Icon

Decided to hop on Battlefield V and give it ago. Not to shabby though I don't think digital sights (red dot sights/holosights) were around during WWII due to the batteries needed didn't exist then. The sounds of battle are intense. It can calm with some pops from a distance to full blown conflict the next. In total it's not a bad game.
4/5 stars.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 18 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #3693

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion

I completely own the inner core, all six sectors are loyal to the Empire now. All sectors also have their own fleet protecting them, containing 4-5 Imperial II Star Destroyers each. Main Fleet has now taken to the Outer Rim in search of the rebel base.

Mon Mothma, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca are all prisoners of the Empire.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 18 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #3694

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 18 2018, 12:38 PM) *

Decided to hop on Battlefield V and give it ago. Not to shabby though I don't think digital sights (red dot sights/holosights) were around during WWII due to the batteries needed didn't exist then. The sounds of battle are intense. It can calm with some pops from a distance to full blown conflict the next. In total it's not a bad game.
4/5 stars.

I saw an Angry Joe show about Battlefield, and I was scratching my head at the red dot sights on M1 Garands and Karabiners. Does it have F-22s and Battlemechs too? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 18 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #3695

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 18 2018, 02:48 PM) *

I saw an Angry Joe show about Battlefield, and I was scratching my head at the red dot sights on M1 Garands and Karabiners. Does it have F-22s and Battlemechs too? laugh.gif

F-22's, Battlemechs, Wizards, Grayskull, She-Ra and He-man...This is the best Battlefield game SINCE EVER!!!
laugh.gif

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 19 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #3696

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 18 2018, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 18 2018, 02:48 PM) *

F-22's, Battlemechs, Wizards, Grayskull, She-Ra and He-man...This is the best Battlefield game SINCE EVER!!!
laugh.gif

Oh and don’t forget women combatants that have no place in a WWII game. /s

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 19 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #3697

Master
Group Icon

Worked my way through Paper Mario: TTYD to chapter 7. Getting down to the nitty gritty!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 19 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #3698

Master
Group Icon

KCD Henry participated in the Rattay Tournament....and won. It wasn't easy, what with combatants required to wear like armor (protection wise) and wield identical weapons. That makes it a contest of skills, which puts Henry at a disadvantage since I can't fathom combos. He chose war hammer and shield as his primary weapon. As I recall, non-choice bouts were fought mainly with short sword and shield, maybe once hunting sword and shield. No contest required a third round, though how he survived the first round of his third contest is beyond me. He was awarded a nice pair of gauntlets at the end, sadly not quite as good as what he already wears.

At the moment he's on assignment in the Skalitz area inspecting what remains of its mining operation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 19 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #3699

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2018, 10:01 AM) *

Oh and don’t forget women combatants that have no place in a WWII game. /s

Also red dot sights and holoscopes didn't exist in WWII either, the batteries for those weren't invented for another 15 years and RDS weren't invented till 1975. Hell they barely had working night vision gear in WWII...and people complain having women in battlefield V is historically inaccurate?!

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 20 2018, 12:10 AM
Post #3700

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Dec 19 2018, 11:33 AM) *

Worked my way through Paper Mario: TTYD to chapter 7. Getting down to the nitty gritty!

I was about to say that's my favorite chapter, but I was thinking of Chapter 6. (The Excess Express chapter. Love it.)

Saw my sister playing the game a few days ago, too. She couldn't find her way to Petal Meadows from the sewers and I had no idea where to go either. :v Might be time to refresh my memory with a playthrough.

==

Anyways, ESO New Life hell's over, back to the mix of games I was playing before. Thinking of adding Fable 2 to the pile, but idk.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 183 184 185 186 187 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:30 AM