Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #1301

Ancient
Group Icon

*In Arnold voice* Get pumped!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 8 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #1302

Master
Group Icon

New Project: Rid Home of Mice

Began suspecting mice invasion about a week ago. Suspicion all but confirmed by appearance of tiny lozenge spaced dark objects noticed on kitchen counter while preparing today's lunch. Baited mousetrap with fifteen year old el-cheapo Walmart peanut butter. Set trap in the one spot mice invariably succumb to temptation. Checked trap maybe an hour and a half later. Found dead mouse in trap. Disposed of said mouse. Rebaited said trap. Returned trap to said location. I wait.

Last time this happened I disposed of six or seven mice before all was said and done. We'll see how it goes this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 8 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #1303

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Good luck, Decrepit!

Another idea is the ole bucket of antifreeze with a small ladder up to a platform baited with cheese or something. We catch dozens upon dozens in our tool shed that way smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 8 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #1304

Councilor
Group Icon

Chocolate works much better than cheese. PB is good, but messy to use.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 8 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #1305

Master
Group Icon

Kitty cats work, too. smile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 8 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #1306

Master
Group Icon

Our cats got worms from eating mice.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 10 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #1307

Spam Meister
Group Icon

New staircase to the balcony on the back of the cottage. Third one to be installed since '77 when cottage was new and I hope this one will last. I used impregnated wood this time and did it more like how it's supposed to be done instead of creating my own "solutions" so hopefully I don't have to redo it in ten year's time tongue.gif

Forgot camera though so no pixies for mALX yet.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #1308

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 10 2018, 10:03 AM) *

New staircase to the balcony on the back of the cottage. Third one to be installed since '77 when cottage was new and I hope this one will last. I used impregnated wood this time and did it more like how it's supposed to be done instead of creating my own "solutions" so hopefully I don't have to redo it in ten year's time tongue.gif

Forgot camera though so no pixies for mALX yet.

verysad.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 8 2018, 03:10 PM) *

New Project: Rid Home of Mice

Began suspecting mice invasion about a week ago. Suspicion all but confirmed by appearance of tiny lozenge spaced dark objects noticed on kitchen counter while preparing today's lunch. Baited mousetrap with fifteen year old el-cheapo Walmart peanut butter. Set trap in the one spot mice invariably succumb to temptation. Checked trap maybe an hour and a half later. Found dead mouse in trap. Disposed of said mouse. Rebaited said trap. Returned trap to said location. I wait.

Last time this happened I disposed of six or seven mice before all was said and done. We'll see how it goes this time.

I think I remember that last mice incident!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 10 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #1309

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry he'll get pics eventually.

And mouse problems suck.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2018, 12:43 AM
Post #1310

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Nov 10 2018, 03:23 PM) *

Don't worry he'll get pics eventually.

And mouse problems suck.

Urgh, I don't want to see pics of the mice in their traps, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 11 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #1311

Master
Group Icon

Rid Home of Mice: UPDATE

After a dry period during which I began to wonder if that first mouse I caught was a one-off, another was found in the trap on my last check of day yesterday, made on the way to bed after shutting down the 'puter. Two down, XXXX to go.

As to pictures, rest assured there will be none. In that regard (and many others) I'm an ancient relic who hasn't owned a photo capturing device since the film SLR days. I still own one of those. A rather high quality SLR. It sits in a closet rusting away. Hasn't been used since around the turn of the century. Just not worth the bother any more. I sometimes think to acquire an el-cheapo digital camera. They do come in handle at times. Then I start adding up features I'd demand it included and soon find myself investing more than I'm willing to spend on a device that wouldn't be used often enough to justify its existence.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 11 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #1312

Spam Meister
Group Icon

The tree that fell on the garage a few weeks ago

New staircase:

Angle one
Angle two
Angle three

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 11 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #1313

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2018, 02:39 PM) *

These were what I was referring to guys. Sillyheads.

And I have a digital camera.. but I don't use it. I use my phone more often than not. It's got a pretty good camera in it.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #1314

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 11 2018, 05:31 AM) *

Rid Home of Mice: UPDATE

After a dry period during which I began to wonder if that first mouse I caught was a one-off, another was found in the trap on my last check of day yesterday, made on the way to bed after shutting down the 'puter. Two down, XXXX to go.

As to pictures, rest assured there will be none. In that regard (and many others) I'm an ancient relic who hasn't owned a photo capturing device since the film SLR days. I still own one of those. A rather high quality SLR. It sits in a closet rusting away. Hasn't been used since around the turn of the century. Just not worth the bother any more. I sometimes think to acquire an el-cheapo digital camera. They do come in handle at times. Then I start adding up features I'd demand it included and soon find myself investing more than I'm willing to spend on a device that wouldn't be used often enough to justify its existence.

Oh, there is never just one mouse. N.e.v.e.r!

Same with me on the pics, but it hasn't been that long since I took some. I took pics of my dogs and cats in the last few years, but that is about it.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2018, 08:39 AM) *

Holy Cow, that tree probably knocked it off its foundation! I LOVE the steps, in fact = they look exactly like the steps a building crew added to my front porch; right down to the hand rails! Awesome job, and thanks for the pics of it !!!! I always love seeing your work!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 11 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #1315

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice work on that garage! Um, mirocu's stairs, not the tree's handiwork. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 12 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #1316

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 11 2018, 05:15 PM) *

Holy Cow, that tree probably knocked it off its foundation!

Probably not, it's not that big. Plus it fell right where the whole buildup is strongest instead of on my Thujas where it actually leaned towards. So all in all, I'm not complaining one bit! laugh.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 11 2018, 05:15 PM) *

I LOVE the steps, in fact = they look exactly like the steps a building crew added to my front porch; right down to the hand rails! Awesome job, and thanks for the pics of it !!!! I always love seeing your work!

Thanks, mALX! Wish I could take credit for the sides but I bought them since I needed impregnated wood and they had those ready so I figured why not. I did put it together though and I even used a level biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 11 2018, 06:21 PM) *

Nice work on that garage! Um, mirocu's stairs, not the tree's handiwork. tongue.gif

See post above as to why I don't complain about what the tree did biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 26 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #1317

Master
Group Icon

Today's projects:

1) PLANNED: Grocery Run. I've not been overly happy with Ken's Thousand Isle Dressing lately so bought a bottle of Kraft today. Not expecting miracles, but it can't be much blander.

2) UN-PLANNED: Relieving myself after lunch, the toilet tank activation handle broke due to age and erosion. Made a second town run, to Home Depot to buy a replacement handle.

3) UN-PLANNED: Remove old tank handle & install new handle. I swear it came with about as useless a set of instructions as can be imagined. In the end I pretty much winged it via trial and error. Luckily this ain't rocket science. Smashed my thumb good hammering in the new handle. Very tight fit. Boy did it hurt. No lasting harm done, it seems. <knock on wood> Yeah, I'm lazy and a first class procrastinator. But even I don't dawdle overlong when the toilet doesn't flush. biggrin.gif

4) PLANNED: Signed up for 2019 Dental and Vision plans. I was very nervous about this, having had the same excellent Dental Program since the mid 90s. But the government in its wisdom decided to do away with it, forcing us military retirees to go elsewhere. As to Vision Care, I lost that several years back with the switch from Tricare Prime to Tricare for Life. I just hope I made the right choices.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 14 2018, 03:02 AM
Post #1318

Master
Group Icon

Today's project: Cardiology Appointment

This was a long scheduled periodic check-up type appointment, little more than a formality since I had nothing sinister to report. It's also the last day I'm allowed to take my daily (generic) Plavix dose until after next Thursday's Colonoscopy. That too is, so far as I know, nothing more than a formality though something might be unearthed during the procedure. Despite my many health complaints I've always had a rock solid digestive system that never gives me a lick of trouble.

I've not yet written/sent my annual Holiday Season letter. I'm down to three old military friends who get the same generic letter. (My brother gets a card.) Laziness is my only excuse. This year's letter will be short of sweet. Likely no more than a paragraph wishing them well.

Also need to get my bro a present. That's normally easy, but I'm thinking for once to get him what for me is an expensive gift...a new TV. His might have gone belly-up within the past week. It is an ancient 23" tube set he's had many decades. If it's given up the ghost I'm much more savvy on modern TVs than he, so will likely be able to get a better TV for a better price that he would. Neither he nor I can afford super good stuff, but he doesn't need more than at most 1080p, cable connection, and maybe an extra connector or two. Doesn't need SMART capability though it's lack might be hard to find this day and age. Doesn't have to be all that large either, though I hope to convince to go at least 32". This assumes he hasn't already bought a replacement. I won't find out until we touch bases at the end of the week.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 18 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #1319

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday's projects:
1) At long last wash and dry clothes at Laundromat.
2) Grocery Run to include picking up meds and diet needed as prep for Thursday's Colonoscopy.

I procrastinated way too long between Laundromat visits. In consequence, I had eight loads to wash. Basically, almost the entirety of my wearable wardrobe. Plus bed linen and tons of handkerchiefs.

My plan was to drive straight to the laundromat. Once done there I'd swing by Walmart for food and Colonoscopy stuff. In between I might pay a quick visit to my brother to check out his TV situation.

Only, things didn't work out as planned.

Backing out of the driveway my passenger side windows were so fogged I couldn't see if the coast was clear. Lowered the front passenger window. Backed onto the street. Attempted to raise the window. Nothing happened. That window was stuck in its lowered position. I altered my plans, adding swinging by our local auto repair shop after putting away groceries. I later realized more change was needed. I couldn't let my car set in Walmart's lot with its rear seat area full of clothes and a window down. Ended up doing laundry, driving home to drop off said laundry, driving to the Auto Shop to touch bases, driving to Walmart for groceries, returning home, putting away groceries, eating lunch, and finally putting away laundry. My brother showed up for a visit at the tail end of all this.

Today's projects are simple. Drop car off at the local repair shop (already done). Hopefully pick it up with working passenger side window by day's end.

Tomorrow's projects will be to follow day-before colonoscopy instructions, and find out the exact time I need to check in on Thursday.

As to the colonoscopy, I highly doubt anything will be found amiss. Despite my many health complaints I've always had a rock-solid digestive system. But ya never know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 18 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #1320

Master
Group Icon

Christmas blanket is almost done.

https://imgur.com/a/PnriWfM

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:58 PM