Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Skyrim.
Lady Saga
post Jul 31 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Like today, I saw my follower jump for the first time. Every character of mine so far has had a follower. I know they jump, but I've never seen my follower jump over an obstruction!

Jenassa (Khahkhayre's dark elf wife) got stuck, and after a moment, I turned him around to have a look at where she got stuck, what the problem was. Suddenly, she figured out where she could jump over this little ridge, and did so. Thought that was pretty neat that after all this time, I'm still discovering new things here and there.

There's something else I noticed tonight, now I'm forgetting what it was! ...oh well.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 31 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

If you have a torch equipped you can block with it... and hit with it too! Just like a shield bash! It lights people on fire when you do that.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jul 31 2012, 12:41 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jul 31 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Mmm hmm, what you said, King, about the torch blocking, it's true. I figured that out oh....about a month or so ago. Since my spellsword doesn't use a shield or a second weapon, there was one time he was carrying a torch left-handed, and an enemy jumped in front of him. I instinctively blocked with the torch (without thinking) and hey! It worked! I didn't know we can light enemies on fire, though. I'll have to try that.

I remembered the other thing I forgot yesterday. kvleft.gif If you stand there and activate a locked door over and over, without trying to actually pick it, and a guard happens to be nearby, the guard will eventually say something like

"Seems that door is locked. Perhaps you'd better wait until the shop opens".

Something like that. wink.gif Thought that was kinda neat.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jul 31 2012, 07:24 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 31 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Lol I think I've heard that before!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 7 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

I learned that Legion and Stormcloak troops can take over forts, even if you haven’t started the Civil War quests yet. That was a nice surprise.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *

I learned that Legion and Stormcloak troops can take over forts, even if you haven’t started the Civil War quests yet. That was a nice surprise.

I learned that a few months ago. One of my characters cleared the bandits out of Fort Neugrad. When she went back a few days later, it was filled with Imperials. I remember thinking WTF? I wantz mah money for that Tullius! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 8 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 7 2012, 05:19 PM) *

YES. I learned this the first week actually, when the Imperials took over Fort Greymoor (near Whiterun) several days after Thor a'Zaene plundered the place. But I assumed this is the only instance of such a thing happeneing in the game.

But not long ago, Khahkhayre cleared out one of Skyrim's tougher forts....Fort Kastov I think my map says. This is a fort Claire Voyance and Crystal Beth were both not adept enough to take on, there's an uber-wizard standing guard outside. And lo! Stormcloaks took over this fort. It was a shock to see an entire group of them just loitering around the outside and stuff.

The Stormcloaks didn't mind that Khahkhayre went inside the fort, either. They let him walk in there, no problem, even though he's not joined up with their side. But if he goes inside Fort Greymoor, the Imperials will warn him. "I'm warning you". They don't want outsiders in their fort!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Aug 8 2012, 02:06 AM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 26 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

I was heading through Dragon Bridge in the direction of Hag's End (Word 'o' Poweeeerrrrrr!!! search) and I heard a Dragon roar overhead...So I located it...Headed back into town whilst waiting the music to start and the flames and the more roaring...And it never happened...

The only thing I could think of was that it was Oodahving!...

I have never seen him roaming about before...Bless him...Awwww!! *Tickles chin*...

Oh, this is the first time I've had the Thu'um Master trophy...(learn one word of all shouts)...Does that count?... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

From what I have read not all dragons you encounter in the wild are hostile. Some will just fly around up high and never come near the ground to attack. So it could have been one of those.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 26 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Awwww... sad.gif ...

Balls...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 26 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, that is something new for McB, eh? Dragons that mind their own, that is.

My new thing of the day: my spellsword was walking around in Riften and a guard said "You're like me, huh? You don't fancy carrying around any of those 2-handed weapons, eh?" Something like that.

That may sound pretty simple, but I've never heard anyone say that before. smile.gif
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 02:14 PM) *

My new thing of the day: my spellsword was walking around in Riften and a guard said "You're like me, huh? You don't fancy carrying around any of those 2-handed weapons, eh?" Something like that.

I have never heard that one before. I am using to the "The gods gave you two hands, and you use both for your weapon."

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 26 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Well, that is something new for McB, eh? Dragons that mind their own, that is.

That may sound pretty simple, but I've never heard anyone say that before. smile.gif

I get that quite a lot, sometimes from guards who do actually have a 2-handed weapon on their back blink.gif

One I heard the other day: "Hail summoner, conjure me up a warm bed would you?"

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 26 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Aug 26 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I get that quite a lot, sometimes from guards who do actually have a 2-handed weapon on their back blink.gif

Weird. It's weird because I have yet to play a character who uses a 2-handed weapon at all in Skyrim. You'd think I would have heard that one before

One I heard the other day: "Hail summoner, conjure me up a warm bed would you?"

Ha ha. laugh.gif Yea, that's a good one. I also like "You like mixing potions, eh? Why don't you mix me up a batch of mead?"

I'm getting that wrong...it's something like that.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Aug 26 2012, 09:04 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 26 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Aug 26 2012, 03:03 PM) *

Ha ha. laugh.gif Yea, that's a good one. I also like "You like mixing potions, eh? Why don't you mix me up a batch of mead?"

I'm getting that wrong...it's something like that.

Close enough. I haven't heard some of those other ones. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 2 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Keep forgetting to say...

I did that Potema quest the other day...The second one where they send for you to go kick her ar$e...Aaamywho...You have to go see a priest called Styrr before you leave...He gives you the Turn Undead spell to help with the Draugr...And it turns up on the side "You have learnt the Turn Undead spell" or something...

So we go to the place...And J'zargo starts with the Turn Undead!...Up until that quest it's always been with the lightning...And now, since we did that quest, he's been all Turn Undead...Aaand, he's been using some of the other spells he's got in his arsenal more...

I love that...NPC progressions...Love it!!... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 5 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

"You wear the armor of a mercenary, now there's the life."

Ulfdis just heard this from a town guard, while wearing banded iron armor and a banded iron shield. It is the first time I can recall hearing it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 5 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Coool. I've never heard that one.

I'm noticing lots of New Things since installing Hearthfire. It's really neat how subtly these show up, and even though this the spoilers section, i won't any spoilers. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 12 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

So I found this the other day...

IPB Image

Look closely. There's a dead dragonfly (dartwing I think they're called) in that spider web. Kinda neat.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 12 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I've never seen that before! Cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 AM