122 Pages V « < 107 108 109 110 111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Fallout Screenshot Thread, For FO3, NV and their DLC
Lopov
post Jun 30 2019, 06:32 AM
Post #2161

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - wow, you wrote the first paragraph so nicely, I'm thinking of adding it to Ally's description post in the Characters thread.

@SubRosa - I (personally) can't stand Doc Lesko. Ally let him live, though, she's of a kind heart. Plenty of my characters would first kill the fire ant, then him, just to ensure that he doesn't continue with his dangerous experiments.

LoL @ the comment about Crow! laugh.gif

@Winter Wolf - its range is a bit bigger than that of a regular pistol. I'm still learning how to use it properly. Tiger Sumatran in fact propels grenades, those 15 mm are sort of grenades, so even if you miss some enemy, the grenade will explode and cause damage, so it can hurt more enemies at once, if they're close together, like ants or groups of raiders.

@mirocu - indeed! laugh.gif Now only you are missing and you three could adventure together.

---

So Ally finally found the Chryslus Building. If any of mine have been there before, I don't recall it, then again, exploring the place as such probably isn't very memorable, because all three accessible sections look similar, are infested with super-mutants, but there's nothing in the place that'd make it really stand out.

Three against one

Combat happy mood ON

Two against one

Bryan on board

One against one

Meeting locals

Punga everywhere

SuperChemBot - here you can craft 15mm ammo required for Tiger Sumatran

Silencing the creeper

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jun 30 2019, 06:33 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 30 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #2162

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 30 2019, 07:32 AM) *

So Ally finally found the Chryslus Building. If any of mine have been there before, I don't recall it, then again, exploring the place as such probably isn't very memorable, because all three accessible sections look similar, are infested with super-mutants, but there's nothing in the place that'd make it really stand out.

True. I've been there but I sure don't member anything from it.

Love the Lookout shots!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 30 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #2163

Ancient
Group Icon

My characters usually pretend to work with Lesko to get his Lab Coat. Kill the ants, then go back and kill him after settling up. He is responsible for killing everyone in Greyditch after all, and he shows zero remorse for any of it.

I had a hard time finding the Chryslus Building too. I had walked by it a dozen times with many different characters, and never realized it was a place you could go into. I always thought it was one of those 'for show' ruins.

The Stranger Returns!

Ally should be one of the DC's Bombshells

Bryan needs a better outfit.

Looks like Ally and Bryan have a way with meeting people... wink.gif

The Super Chembot looks neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 2 2019, 12:56 PM
Post #2164

Councilor
Group Icon

So this Mysterious Stranger seems like he's on the player's side, eh? He doesn't seem against us.

Lol Ally's taking Bryan all over the place! smile.gif He's getting to know Point Lookout too (I think). It's funny because in real-life, I'm pretty sure Point Lookout is nowhere near being as gloomy as the game makes it. I'll have to go there some day.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 3 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #2165

Ancient
Group Icon

The Mysterious Stranger is a perk you can take (I think at level 8 or 10). He has a random chance of appearing whenever you use VATS. If he does, he just shows up and shoots your enemies. He has a special .44 Magnum, so he is really good at it. When VATS mode ends, he vanishes. So he really only exists in VATS. New Vegas adds a female equivalent of him called Miss Fortune.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 3 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #2166

Master
Group Icon

@mirocu - is it already time for your annual trip to Point Lookout?

@SubRosa - as soon as we find some better outfit that will befit a kid, Bryan will get something better to wear.

The SCB can create lots of handy stuff, I haven't explored all of its options yet. Not only it creates 15mm ammo for Tiger Sumatran, it can also create poisonous grenades among others.

@Renee - it's better that the MS is on our side, because he can one-shot-kill anything he fires at.

He's getting to know Point Lookout too (I think). It's funny because in real-life, I'm pretty sure Point Lookout is nowhere near being as gloomy as the game makes it.
Well, I assume that the D.C. also doesn't look as the game makes it. bigsmile.gif

---

The following set of screenis are from the last part of the In the shadow of the swamp mod. Ally needed to make her way inside the Henry Clay Conference Hall, which has been inaccessible since the bombs fell, because rubble was blocking the way in (and out). Once inside, she needed to solve a riddle to get inside the storage room, where she read holotapes, left behind by Janet, one of the people, that were trapped inside the buildings after bombs fell.

The mod is mostly combat free, in the first episode there are no enemies whatsover, only riddles to solve, at the end of the second episode you need to fight some punga radscorpions and their queen, so the fight at the end of the third episode caught me by surprise. Once Ally read all notes, left behind by Janet, it became clear that she lost her mind and killed all other survivors with another gun from Tiger Manufacturing, named Tiger Caspian. As soon as the last note was read, ghoulified Janet came into the room and attacked. It has been the most difficult battle in Ally's life so far, even more so, because a hit from Tiger Caspian disarmed Ally and her Tiger Sumatran was thrown far away. She needed to use her trusted shotgun but Janet was very resistant to damage. In the end Ally prevailed, but she was crippled from top to bottom and used more than ten stimpaks during the fight.

The Henry Clay Conference Hall

Portraits of important people

Bertie!

Janet attacks!

Angry Ally

The agony for Janet is over

Tiger Caspian

Exhausted

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 3 2019, 06:20 PM
Post #2167

Ancient
Group Icon

Janet Talia did all that? I know she was in with Talon Company, but I didn't think she had sunk so far. And wow, she has really let her skin care routine lapse... wink.gif

All the famous people pictures were neat

That's a lot of milk bottles. It looked like Ally was shooting them at Janet with the junk jet.

The Tiger Caspian looks neat, like a cut down modern submachine gun.

How many Tigers are there?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 4 2019, 09:23 AM
Post #2168

Master
Group Icon

Looks like you become a ghoul if you bathe yourself in a pink room and dye your hair too much.

Einstein was crucial to solving the riddle.

Milk bottles, tin cans and other miscellaneous stuff was being thrown all over the room, because Caspian has a very powerful strike. Instead of Sumatran, it uses regular shotgun shells as ammunition and if some animal / creature is killed by it, it automatically "cooks" its meat, so for instance, when Ally used it to kill a radscorpion, she found cooked arthropod meat on its corpse. Collecting various pieces of meat is a part of an unmarked challenge.

Not sure how many Tigers are there altogether, there are two in this mod, Sumatran and Caspian. The same mod author created some riddle-base mods that take place in the Capital Wasteland and from what I read, you can get a Tiger rifle as a reward. So there are more than two out there. Maybe in the future Ally will pursue these quests too but right now she wants to spend some time in where she feels at home - Point Lookout.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 5 2019, 01:04 PM
Post #2169

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no way. So the Mysterious Stranger is part of a perk. Weird. But helpful.

]Well, I assume that the D.C. also doesn't look as the game makes it. bigsmile.gif

Point Lookout is not a swamp in real-life is what I mean (I think), whereas D.C. is still the same climate, it's just all war-torn. I've never been to PL though. Maybe we should go there for summer vacation this year.

Lol what a great picture of Einstein. laugh.gif I think he would appreciate his portrait in a messed-up videogame.

Angry Ally looks the same as Happy Ally. Kinda like the infamous Steven Seagal Emotions Chart.

Happy Ally smile.gif
Angry Ally smile.gif
Upset Ally smile.gif

OH no my poor Janet becomes a ghoul. Aw, well deserved rest upon a crappy mattress.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 3 2019, 01:20 PM) *

And wow, she has really let her skin care routine lapse... wink.gif

Must have been all those chems!

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 6 2019, 01:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 5 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #2170

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 3 2019, 01:07 PM) *

@mirocu - is it already time for your annual trip to Point Lookout?

To quote Renee - Oh, Lordy, no.

Not until October-ish smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 6 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #2171

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - the Mysterious Stranger is a perk from original FOs. A leather-clad person would appear in random encounters only and help you against enemies. You can talk to him but he doesn't have much to say. If the PC is male, he's male too, otherwise he's female. I think he can be killed, though, and if killed, he doesn't respawn.

Ally "Seagal" Gator. cool.gif

---

"You go girl Nuka!"

15mm flies

Stylish raider

In Ally's world Bryan Wilks found a new home on board of the Duchess Gambit, but in another world he's being accompanied by the unusual police officer to his aunt in the Rivet City. They just came under attack from some super mutants, but disarmed by PP Barlow they didn't stand a chance against them.

Occasionally Bryan would facepalm as PP tried to use some pre-war technology, convinced that it still functions like it did 200 years ago, but all in all, he felt safe with the ghoul officer around.

With Bryan safe at his aunt's place in the Rivet City, PP visited the town's market and found the store with a name not to his liking.

"Do you sell drugs?"

Security chief Harkness needed to step in and explain PP some rules regarding the Rivet City, but he wasn't sure that the ghoul understood his point.

So instead of finding criminals on the carrier, PP tried to make parking meters working, so that people who park their cars outside of the Rivet City, could pay the parking fee.

---

For those who perhaps forgot, PP Barlow is a police officer, who continues to perform his duties just like the war never happened. Radiation fried his brain so he doesn't completely grasp that the world he was to used to live in, is no longer the same world. Nonetheless, he adapted - there are new offenders to be taken care of, plenty of cars are parked inappropriately and needed to be removed (blown up) and there are always people (and creatures) to watch over. PP is here to serve and protect.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 6 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #2172

Ancient
Group Icon

Nuka Time!

That raider has a big hat

It's PP Barlow!

Officer Barlow is a lot nicer in his way of disarming than Persephone is...

Who is he going to call? laugh.gif

Uh oh, Barlow is out of his jurisdiction!

I love him trying to fix the parking meters!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Jul 7 2019, 05:06 AM
Post #2173

Knower
Group Icon

That Henry Clay Hall looked real neat with all those paintings. Nothing like an old puzzle quest mod to get you back in the mood for some role play. Non-stop combat does tend to only go one direction. laugh.gif

Another Tiger! Woo hoo! And a neat shot of Janet peeking over her thigh while lying dead of the floor. She must have regretted losing that cool gun. 10 stimpaks- wow! Things were serious! Good thing they did not add tables or school desks to the middle of that room. laugh.gif

A ghoul policeman! I love it! He looks so modern day in his pressed uniform, badge and glasses. smile.gif After a meet and greet with Harkness he needed a cigarette, or a parking meter....shame he forgot that the automobile industry pegged out many years ago. As did currency....

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 8 2019, 12:51 PM
Post #2174

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey nothing like a lady in Prewar clothes, a straw hat, wielding a crowbar. wub.gif

LOL at the Supermutant losing his minigun. laugh.gif Good to see P.P. back in action.

hA hAHHA that whole Quick Fix scene looks just like a cop showing up, trying to bust an illegal operation, but without full legal authority to do so! Nice job with that Scoundrel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 9 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #2175

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - it was cool meeting that dressed-up raider. It was in one of mod-added locations added by the DC Interiors mod, I think it was a pre-war clothing store. The raider was standing in front of a mirror in one of the cabins and her raider armor was placed on a bench beside her.

PP tried to call the nearest police station but nobody responded. A disgrace!

@Winter Wolf - the battle with Janet was brutal. It was easier if Janet didn't immediately disarm Ally, then it would be Tiger vs Tiger, but now it was Shotgun vs Tiger.

PP is convinced that even 200 years after the Great War cars can't be parked in the middle of a street. biggrin.gif

@Renee - PP would enact justice if Harkness hadn't stepped in. He dealt with Moriarty in Megaton too, but in that case nobody complained, even Lucas Simms approved, although he didn't admit it publicly.

---

"Stop resisting arrest...or perish!"

"The threat has been neutralized. The family that lived here before, can safely move back in."

"I'm looking for doctor Smith. He was my GP when I was here for the last time...that was, let me think - a few years ago. Is he perhaps around?"

"Imagine that an emergency vehicle would come driving along the street and wanted to stop outside the GP's office. It wouldn't be possible, because the truck is blocking the way."

"Therefore, the truck must go. Now the firemen should arrive and they will call the towing service."

"Are you supposed to be from the Fire Department? In that case...where's your hydrant?"

"Not even firemen were what they used to be. Guess it's up to me to find the towing service."

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #2176

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like Officer Barlow broke out the Swat gear for those Mutie suspects.

I think Doctor Smith was last seen boarding the Jupiter One...

PP Barlow's towing service is a little extreme! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 12 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #2177

Master
Group Icon

Extreme or not, someone has to take care of Washington D.C. if no one else is up to the task. laugh.gif

---

Grim Fandango

"I see you!"

"I see you too!"

"It's not recommended to loiter on ruined sky bridges."

"Problem solved."

"Any complaints?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 12 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #2178

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I really should spend more times in D.C and riding the underground. Such an atmo, bro.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 12 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #2179

Ancient
Group Icon

PP Barlow's is bigger!

That is a neat spot by the Capitol Building. I like calling in artillery on the Talon Company and Super Mutants fighting it out there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 13 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #2180

Councilor
Group Icon

LOl he's walking around with a missile launcher! laugh.gif Even as a cop, this wouldn't get approved by his chief. laugh.gif Then again, maybe P.P. was part of some sort of high-powered S.W.A.T. team.

Something looks different in your game, Lopov. The sky is blue, I notice. Or maybe it's been this way but I'm just noticing it now.

--------------------
+Quote Post

122 Pages V « < 107 108 109 110 111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:39 PM