2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Armors by Racial Traits, In Case You Wanted To See What They Look Like
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 05:43 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is some screenshots of some of the Medium; Heavy; and Light Armor by Racial Traits (for anyone wondering what each looks like)

http://imgur.com/a/aMjZ7

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you for this thread, mALX! I will add some pictures of Jerric in his Minotaur style gear when I get a chance. I always wonder what exactly everyone is wearing when I see screenshots.

Here’s a website I use when I want to see what things look like in the next level material before I craft them: ESO Fashion. I takes some doing to get used to how they organize things, but I’ve found it to be a great resource when I have the time to click around and look.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 6 2016, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for showing off the different racial styles!

Julian found a Khajiit Trait (?) book and has memorized it. Then she crafted a homespun jerkin and robe. It wasn't until I saw your screenies that I realized she is now crafting in the Khajiit motif.

That's something I don't quite understand yet. But the UESP is proving to be quite useful as a source of information, though it feels incomplete compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.

Somewhat off topic, I found another difference between ESO Julian and Oblivion Julian: Where the 3rd Era Julian can just barely manage Legion slop, ESO Julian loves cooking! Her expressions as she cooks make me smile! Especially her critical nods of approval after she samples her experiments!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 6 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the shots, mALX. Very helpful.

I also found Grits' website very helpful as well.

So many options, so confusing! wacko.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 07:04 AM) *

Thank you for this thread, mALX! I will add some pictures of Jerric in his Minotaur style gear when I get a chance. I always wonder what exactly everyone is wearing when I see screenshots.

Here’s a website I use when I want to see what things look like in the next level material before I craft them: ESO Fashion. I takes some doing to get used to how they organize things, but I’ve found it to be a great resource when I have the time to click around and look.

Holy Cow! I could spend all day in there, never realized the different materials would effect the styles so strongly! Misa is in Shadowhide; and I didn't like any of them except possibly the Imperial.

Thank you so much for that link! What a great resource!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

I am surprised by how much I enjoy ESO crafting. There is a lot to learn if you want to and thankfully no rush to learn it. Lots of players never touch crafting at all, and as hazmick said in one of these threads there is enough good loot that you can just wear and use what you find.

Darnand wears robes all the time, so I have to go look before Lildereth makes him new stuff or she may have to make it all over again. Jerric almost never wears robes, so I’ve only seen them on other players. Some of them look awesome and I have no idea what they are!

This might be a good place if someone needs a motif detective. Say you see something in game that you like, you could take a screenshot and post it here in case anyone can identify it. Jerric has some chest pieces that he likes the look of, but I don’t know how to craft them.

Added: Dang, I found it on the ESO Fashion site and it’s Yokudan style, which I don’t think you can craft yet. Good thing I kept it! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 6 2016, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 12:43 PM) *

I am surprised by how much I enjoy ESO crafting. There is a lot to learn if you want to and thankfully no rush to learn it. Lots of players never touch crafting at all, and as hazmick said in one of these threads there is enough good loot that you can just wear and use what you find.

Darnand wears robes all the time, so I have to go look before Lildereth makes him new stuff or she may have to make it all over again. Jerric almost never wears robes, so I’ve only seen them on other players. Some of them look awesome and I have no idea what they are!

This might be a good place if someone needs a motif detective. Say you see something in game that you like, you could take a screenshot and post it here in case anyone can identify it. Jerric has some chest pieces that he likes the look of, but I don’t know how to craft them.

There are several add-ons that allow you to determine all the game info on a piece of equipment by looking at it either in your inventory or in a link (example: a link to it in the chatbox; clicking on those colored item descriptions will bring up the game info window for that item) - but with the add-on it will also give the racial style like this:

http://cdn-eso.mmoui.com/preview/pvw1213.jpg

I am researching the many choices for these add-ons because at least two of them keep up with all your different character's trait research and motifs learned. I just want to make sure they don't add any lag or conflict with any other add-ons I use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

That would be awesome, I wish I could use mods on the PS4. How cool to see the style and crafting status!

I was just thinking that a mod thread would be great for you PC players. I’m sure there are lots of options, and it might be nice to hear what has worked and what hasn’t worked for those who have tried them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 01:08 PM) *

That would be awesome, I wish I could use mods on the PS4. How cool to see the style and crafting status!

I was just thinking that a mod thread would be great for you PC players. I’m sure there are lots of options, and it might be nice to hear what has worked and what hasn’t worked for those who have tried them.

I'll do it!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 7 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 05:43 PM) *

I am surprised by how much I enjoy ESO crafting. There is a lot to learn if you want to and thankfully no rush to learn it.

I couldn't agree more. If you just want to keep crafting level-appropriate gear then you can do so easily, but if you want to craft specific gear with specific styles, materials, traits etc. then you really have to spend time and effort figuring it all out. I've been playing for over a year and still have traits to unlock!

I still remember a time when Haa-Rei was hunting for Dwemer style books. Now he can craft pretty much any style he wants, with any material. Then Zenimax keep going and adding even more cool looking styles for us to hunt for.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2016, 01:16 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

I agree too. I got hooked on crafting in Skyrim; and this crafting in ESO is so much more fun for me with these Writs; traits, etc!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 25 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

These aren't racial styles, but I thought instead of making a separate thread we might use this one for showing all kinds of attire? If that's a bad idea let me know.

Jerric found "The Bestial Rampart," which is the chest piece to the Draugr's Heritage set. This is heavy armor in the Draugr motif, which will be craftable in the next update (they say).

Here he's wearing the chest, gloves, and breeches from the Way of Martial Knowledge set, which is light armor in the Yokudan motif. They say the Yokudan motif will be craftable in the One Tamriel update as well. You guys are going to get tired of me going on about the Yokudan motif, I am a big fan.

And this has been posted elsewhere, but this is the Morihaus set re-colored by Jerric. It is heavy armor in the Minotaur motif. Woo!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 25 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

I love the rusted metal on the Draugr chest, can't wait to learn that style. I haven't seen much of the Yokudan stuff but that looks pretty good.

aaaaand of course I love love love the Morihaus set. Haa-Rei's been collecting bits of it for Ciri to use once she levels up enough.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 25 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 25 2016, 11:37 AM) *

These aren't racial styles, but I thought instead of making a separate thread we might use this one for showing all kinds of attire? If that's a bad idea let me know.

Jerric found "The Bestial Rampart," which is the chest piece to the Draugr's Heritage set. This is heavy armor in the Draugr motif, which will be craftable in the next update (they say).

Here he's wearing the chest, gloves, and breeches from the Way of Martial Knowledge set, which is light armor in the Yokudan motif. They say the Yokudan motif will be craftable in the One Tamriel update as well. You guys are going to get tired of me going on about the Yokudan motif, I am a big fan.

And this has been posted elsewhere, but this is the Morihaus set re-colored by Jerric. It is heavy armor in the Minotaur motif. Woo!

What a great idea to use this thread for displaying different armor styles! Really appreciate how you detailed each!

I love Jerric's posing in these, he is hysterical in the "Martial Arts" one! I have been saving those ones, but actually seeing them - not as excited, laugh.gif I pictured it being more athletic looking.

My favorite of all these is "The Bestial Rampart," That is AWESOME !!!! They all are great, but I absolutely LOVE that one!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 25 2016, 08:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 25 2016, 08:52 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Mazul is drooling over the Bestial Rampart - wonder how she'll look in it?

And of course, Julian is interested in the Yokudan motif! Both will definitely be on the lookout for those style tomes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 17 2016, 03:22 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

Hollowjack:

http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/databa...yle/hollowjack/

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 17 2016, 04:36 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Oooh, that Hollowjack stuff looks gorgeous! Especially the sword and great swords!

Julian has been gathering Hollowjack motifs and passing them on to Mazul via the Bank. All the Amber Marbles, too.

Both are having fun with the dungeons and boss fights - plenty of help around!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 17 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Neat, thanks mALX! I like those swords. Today Jerric saw a guy wearing a mix of Hollowjack and dro m'Athra gear. He looked like a light show in boots. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 7 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Here is a picture of Darnand wearing the Martial Knowledge set except for the belt which is Queen's Elegance. It's light armor in the Yokudan style. The shoulders and feet are Ancestor Silk and his chest, leg, and hand pieces are void cloth.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 7 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits, Darnand looks great! And so do Honey and his clannbuddy.

Buffy broke down and joined the Festival. Her only objective is to make hollowjack staves and she now has that covered with the right motif book and nearly 30 amber bits. So she's pretty much done. She was so embarrassed running around in that black bag that she made me put the hood up.

Random Argonians keep talking about erecting their spines and urging her to stay moist. She was quite insulted and thought that highly personal until I explained their meaning. Yup, she's a natural blonde. . . .

tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:58 PM