Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My First Oblivion Character, Generating character ideas...
Agent Griff
post Mar 5 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Neela @ Jan 21 2006, 08:09 PM)
Here is a picture I made for Florodine of Hlaalu....

The Silhouette

I must say that out off all these pictures you've shown here in this thread, this one is in my opinion the coolest. It has a Prince of Persia look to it. If you've seen Prince of Persia 3 then you'll know what I'm talking about. But overal, you have great skill with this Poser.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 11 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

Just amazing Neela...you have a sort of genious style about your creations...whats the secret????

--------------------
+Quote Post
dirtyninja
post Mar 24 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #23

Associate

wow! nice work neela! im curious what programs are good for starting out in 3d art? i know u mentioned poser and it looks pretty kewl! i just started 2d/3d digital arts as my major so any help would be nice

hehe first post k im going back to playing oblivion laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dirtyninja: Mar 24 2006, 10:58 AM
+Quote Post
milanius
post Mar 24 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #24

Agent

I can only feel ashamed for not commenting this great pieces of ART (yes, it's ART with all three capital letters) untill now, but someone once said "better late than never", so...

QUOTE(Neela @ Nov 28 2005, 04:01 AM)
Hi All...  I havent been using Poser much lately... but I was in the mood again for it this weekend.  So I decided to make pics of the characters I plan on making in Oblivion... Hope you enjoy them.  Here is my first one... A necromancer smile.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/Kyt...ecromancer2.jpg

This is an awesome picture, which perfectly combines sensuality and death in one - although we always tend to picture nectromancers as dark, horrifying personalities there is no law that forbids some of them to look noble and sexy biggrin.gif all I can say is good job, good job, good job !

QUOTE(Neela @ Nov 30 2005, 04:00 PM)
Here is my second character choice...  A large and angry Ogre!...  I mean a skilled thief/archer.

As for the Necromancer pic... Shes casting her raise skeleton spell...  I always thought still and focused hands looked more powerful than finger wiggling. wink.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/Kyt...Neela/thief.jpg

edit: oops forgot the pic!

Again, great contrast here - we have the classic Beauty and The Beast concept, with our young archer looking too good for this battle scene... good thing she has a big longbow - I can only feel sorry for the ugly who's gonna receive those arrows laugh.gif

QUOTE(Neela @ Jan 8 2006, 03:03 AM)
---
and I also bought a 3d particle generator so that I can turn that picture into this one...
Whats a Fire Mage without the FIRE!!

Enjoy!

Now this is my favourite pic - it's actually my wallpaper now. Remember what I said about contrasts and how Neela uses them cunningly in her creations ? Well, this is the apex - here you can see a young, cheerful, almost Manga-like Wood Elf girl who has an innocent look on her face and starshine in her eyes... but, several incantations later, she is the center of the most volatile and unstable element that there is - you can call it Fire, I can call it Plasma, but it all comes down to same thing. It doesen't matter that this fragile creature is dressed as if she's going with her friends to some Tamrielic fashion-show (with the exception of that dagger - a great eye for details, Neela), she is the wielder of elemental powers in Universe and if you mess with her, she'll just give you a wide smile, glance at you with those beautiful, big baby eyes... and then scortch you to nothing. Simple as that. This picture is also a great tradition breaker, because it defies the racial afinity of certain races for certain jobs - who says that only Dunmer should be Destruction-related spellcasters, while Bosmers should stick to their bows ? I always loved fire mages (In HoMM IV my Chaotic choice would always have to be Fireguard or Pyromancer, no other biggrin.gif) and I just adore this picture. It's awesome.

QUOTE(Neela @ Jan 9 2006, 03:53 PM)
Just playing around with my new particles software....  smile.gif

I guess this really isn't a character idea... but I wasn't sure if it is preferred that I keep my images contained to just one thread... rather than a new one for each image?

Anyway... here's what I came up with for my Frost Daedra!

Wow. This is a great confirmation for my thesis that greatest drawing/modeling tool isn't some Uber-powerful PIV-based computer with all sorts of software goodies installed... the greatest tool is your mind ! If not, you wouldn't picture Atronach this good and vivid. Everything about him, from the facial expression, his skin, muscles and that freezing left hand of his is done with style and skill... and great imaginative power. Great complement to him is also his frosty background - beautiful, yet deadly, multicolored rays are broken and bent in all directions, resembling both Northern Lights and frosen gassy particles - brilliant !

I really don't know what else to say, because this is some outstanding work, both on artistic and professional level. So, because I'm speechless right now, I'll just shut up, bow down to you and enjoy your work.

EDIT: typos, typos, typos... gahh !!

This post has been edited by milanius: Mar 24 2006, 04:20 PM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 29 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

OMG Neela, where to begin? You are so talented at these, they are all beautiful. I cannot decide on a favorite even but I love the anime look of the firemage and the bosmer mage & her archerylike outfit is to die for.

The last one is also beautifully done ... so young and vulnerable looking ... what kind of Mer is she??

And then there is The Silloquette ... that is without a doubt the most subtle, suggestive of more intricate things, less is more kind of ART that I've seen. You are wonderfully talented. Keep using that medium ... and sharing with us, please!

This post has been edited by Ibis: Apr 29 2006, 10:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 30 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooooooh... wood elf chick.... *drool* oops... goodjob.gif Goodjob!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Apr 30 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

Are Khajiits Doable?

smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 1 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

Can I use the Bosmer as desktop... PLEASE!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Neela
post May 1 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

By all means feel free to use them as you wish...
I will see about doing a khajiit.. I do have some models that will turn out pretty good as the Oblivion style Khajiits

That last pic was my version of the Falmer... the fame/infamous legendary elves of Skyrim.

Thanks for all the great comments... Its good to come back to them after being away so long.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 1 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks Neela, what are you doing next, besides a Khajit (sp?), I 'd like to see some more of this good work smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Neela
post May 1 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ May 1 2006, 06:50 PM)
Thanks Neela, what are you doing next, besides a Khajit (sp?), I 'd like to see some more of this good work smile.gif

Well my downfall is really finding the inspiration to get started. Once I get working on a pic that is turning out well I can usually find the motivation to make it look as good as I can.

As I am still learning how to use the program I also always am trying to learn something new on each picture.

I make a ton of pictures that really don't turn out so well that end up in the recycle bin.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 1 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

Try... a Golden Saint in the process of being summoned... that'd be cool smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 1 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #33

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Neela @ May 1 2006, 11:00 AM)
By all means feel free to use them as you wish... 
I will see about doing a khajiit.. I do have some models that will turn out pretty good as the Oblivion style Khajiits

yay! biggrin.gif

Er...you need a description?

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 1 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

I give Neela the almight Three Thumbs Up goodjob.gif goodjob.gif goodjob.gif 3 / 3 good work smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saffas Missionary
post May 1 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #35

Evoker

Sorry I didnt comment earlier, I just noticed this thread. Very talented at poser and good work. All are beautifully made. The only thing I would like to see are some males. You meantioned before that it was hard so it's ok if you dont do one. I always thought argonions (sp?) looked awsome (at least their faces do). Could you make one?

--------------------
IPB Image

Yes, this is my Signiture from another forum and I need a name change :P
+Quote Post
Neela
post May 2 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #36

Finder
Group Icon

I will see what I can do wih some guys in this next picture... the problem is that there isn't much out on the web for male characters comparatively to the large amounts of models/meshes for women. I picked up some stuff recently though..

As far as Argonians.... hmmm.. might be tough, but I could export the face mesh from Oblivion to an *.obj file and import that into poser. Possibly even the UV map as well... I might give it a try. Though to be honest... I am not sure I could do that legally without permission from Bethesda. Another thought is that there are several Star Wars models available and I think that one lizard bounty hunter might be close match. I know that one is out there for free..
+Quote Post
Saffas Missionary
post May 2 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #37

Evoker

Thats really nice of you biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Yes, this is my Signiture from another forum and I need a name change :P
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:14 AM