Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "ring Wraith" Mod, The ULTIMATE STALKER Mod
Unmourned
post Mar 31 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #21

Retainer

Perhaps the ring could cause sleep deprivation and a constant effect damage enchantment plus a restoration enchantment? I know it's been covered before that the PC cannot enchant items to have a constant effect restore, but I'm betting it can still be modded via the CS. That would cause the bearer to lose health, but still regain it quickly, and the stalker would seek them out at all times. Sort of like leaving a trail of blood.

On another note, this entire idea is starting to sound like one of Sheogorath's riddles...There's probably a hidden solution staring back at us.

--------------------
[FONT=Times][I][COLOR=orange] Nil Mortify sine Lucre
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aquinas
post Mar 31 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #22

Associate

One little idea for the wraith is to give him the eye of fear power. How awesome would it be for you to be in town and seeing npcs running in fear for a reason unknown to you, and then the next thing you know the wraith is there. That would add to the fear factor of the wraith.
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Apr 2 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #23

Agent

good idea Aquinas i never thought of that =P

jolly good

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 2 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #24

Retainer

Wow.... Well I'm definately excited to get a Modder interested in this

Where do I start?... I have been kicking this Mod Idea around quite a bit in this community as well as on the official page.

Dirox - I appreciate all your comments and additions, however, the recurrent issue in most of the response threads including the ones on the official site is that everyone keeps trying to push this further and further towards LOTR [also my fav books/(and now movies) of all time].

The ONLY real aspect of LOTR that I am trying to reproduce with this mod is the fear of being stomped when least expected.

If you read the OP very closely, you will notice a few of the essential points of this mod

1. You never really can tell when the wraith will attack - Sure you could take injury from some weak critter in the woods and then wait a minute before healing to see if the wraith is coming (because it only attacks when you are injured/sleeping)

2. The wraith is just barely a notch more powerful than you - At least more powerful when he respawned. This is Crucial since it will strike fear, legitamate fear that HE can win, and win often

3. The wraith NEVER kills - If the wraith killed, then all one would be forced to do is 'reload' which would ruin the ambush, but by simply incapacitating one for some time and stealing the ring and running away, you are not FORCED to reload, you have the option of dealing with the events as they occured and now go hunt him down at his castle (I did like the castle idea vs. the cave - if it can be made well).

I liked your idea of everyone fearing the wraith, it would also deal with any NPC's wanting to chat with the wraith, AND it could be an early warning if in town all of a sudden, people are running away like frightened sheep, as in "hmmm... what the hell got into them?"

But as far as the safest place for the ring, when you want to take a break from the stalking (but do not want the wraith to have it as one of the ways to pause the stalking), you lock it in a chest in your locked house generally guarded by your Servant. So really, the safest place to keep the ring without having to desal randomly with the wrath is at your house locked in a chest, although you may come home to find the wraith hovering 100 yards from your home

Anyhow I really liked your enthusiasm and some of your ideas...

Check out the thread here "The Ring Wraith" and read the comments by others and my responses to them.

Then lets chat and clear up any details.

I hope we can pull this off!

~Werewolfzz~

This post has been edited by Werewolfzz: Apr 2 2006, 11:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stingray00alex
post Apr 4 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #25

Retainer

Excellent idea, you should make the ring more powerful though. Like be able to summon more than one of the same thing at one time, make armies to defend you. Then imagine the fear factor as you see the ringwraith slicing his way through your guards towards you, (modded in ringwraith shriek screeching).
There were nine ring wraiths though, so you might want to put in more than one of them. Either way looks to be an excellent mod, I'll try to convince my friend who's a modder to consider working on this.
+Quote Post
Remux Dreadfire
post Apr 6 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #26

Evoker

Give him a horse though biggrin.gif

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 22 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #27

Retainer

QUOTE(stingray00alex @ Apr 3 2006, 09:00 PM)
looks to be an excellent mod, I'll try to convince my friend who's a modder to consider working on this.

That would be a GREAT help.... You may want to take a peek at the corresponding Thread on the Official Forum... It is linked in my "Signature"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 27 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #28

Retainer

QUOTE(Remux Dreadfire @ Apr 6 2006, 03:09 AM)
Give him a horse though biggrin.gif

No no... that would utterly ruin it since then there would be no way to head off the Wraith should you attempt to attack him while he is on his way back to his dungeon after robbing you of the ring!

Check out the discussion at the "Official Site" which is linked in my sig below!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
PLAYBOI14
post Apr 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #29

Associate

I like the idea of this mod, typically in any of the cities you are safe, and if this mod were created it would make you carry your wepon drawn and your spells ready.

I have my own questions also.

How would the "ringwrath" find you if you are in a city? I cant see imperial guards letting some hooded and cloaked figure walk into the imperial city without a fight. And if you pick a fight with an imperial guard you get his brothers, cousins and his whole family running at you with bows and swords. So if this wrath existed how would it be searching? would it create such fear as to even the guards would step back and let it pass?

Secondly would anyone know of this ring? if so how would they speak? im sure betha didnt think of adding dialogue based on a ringwrath chasing you, so voices would be needed to match the person talking, cant have some women talking bout rumors and then some big deep voice talking about the ring, it would be like wtf? lol.

And the last few questions. Would the ringwrath be using uber wepons? Im guessing he would be wearing a long black cover all cloth cloak and a 1h sword (subquestion: when he dies do you think he would vanish like a ghost? dont kinda like the idea of being able to use a wrath cloak and sword).

Wouldnt it be better to just have the wrath on SUPER pissed off mode, with 100% agression and it would just never give up finding it, destroying all in its path. Because I think its possable to make it do a test, because most NPC have a agression%.courage%and a responsability% guards have a high responsability % thats why they try to arest you. So maby the wrath could be 100% agressive and cause fear to overide other peoples courage and willingness to fight with them. If no one but you could fight the wrath (or who ever else has the ring) it would make it seem like there is no escape.

Will the wrath go out in daylight.. seems kinda weird if it would.

Overall it sounds like an uber mod, the only dificulty i can see would be to create voices and the AI or the units, good job
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 29 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

Ummm.. Dirox, you're basing this entire mod on LOTR, thats a bit much isn't it? Good idea tho werewolfzz goodjob.gif

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 29 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #31

Retainer

QUOTE(PLAYBOI14 @ Apr 29 2006, 07:07 AM)
I like the idea of this mod, typically in any of the cities you are safe, and if this mod were created it would make you carry your wepon drawn and your spells ready.

I have my own questions also.

How would the "ringwrath" find you if you are in a city? I cant see imperial guards letting some hooded and cloaked figure walk into the imperial city without a fight. And if you pick a fight with an imperial guard you get his brothers, cousins and his whole family running at you with bows and swords. So if this wrath existed how would it be searching? would it create such fear as to even the guards would step back and let it pass?

Secondly would anyone know of this ring? if so how would they speak? im sure betha didnt think of adding dialogue based on a ringwrath chasing you, so voices would be needed to match the person talking, cant have some women talking bout rumors and then some big deep voice talking about the ring, it would be like wtf? lol.

And the last few questions. Would the ringwrath be using uber wepons? Im guessing he would be wearing a long black cover all cloth cloak and a 1h sword (subquestion: when he dies do you think he would vanish like a ghost? dont kinda like the idea of being able to use a wrath cloak and sword).

Wouldnt it be better to just have the wrath on SUPER pissed off mode, with 100% agression and it would just never give up finding it, destroying all in its path. Because I think its possable to make it do a test, because most NPC have a agression%.courage%and a responsability% guards have a high responsability % thats why they try to arest you. So maby the wrath could be 100% agressive and cause fear to overide other peoples courage and willingness to fight with them. If no one but you could fight the wrath (or who ever else has the ring) it would make it seem like there is no escape.

Will the wrath go out in daylight.. seems kinda weird if it would.

Overall it sounds like an uber mod, the only dificulty i can see would be to create voices and the AI or the units, good job

Thank you for the VERY long and thought out post!

I will address each question separately

First off, your comment about "if this mod were created it would make you carry your wepon drawn and your spells ready" is a precise benefit and goal of this Mod. The real world requires ever ready vigilance, and so shall Oblivion once this Mod is created and installed.

As for your questions:
1. As far as the guards fighting with the Wraith - The Wraith will only agro on the bearer of the ring, so the Guards should have no reason to attack or confront the Wraith (unless he is killikg YOU ofcourse). So the Wraith should not have any trouble with the guards unless HE makes trouble (attacks the ring bearer).

2. As far as people knowing of the ring (and their voices), under the "Storyline" that I am generating, There will be no need for any voices or of nyone knowing the story behind the Wraith... the story of the Wraith, and of the ring is so old, that it is only written in a Journal (a book). And really, the Journal holds the key to solving the Wraith's and the Ring's problem! As far as the Dungeon where you first obtain the Ring and awaken the Wraith,... well that is just your good fortune (or great misfortune) to stumble across... (Ofcourse the location of the dungeon will be given along with the Mod... but that just gets things going). Ultimately, the resolving (or even understanding) of the story of the Ring and the Wraith will result in a FINE reward/curse on its own.... I don't want to give away too much of the plot smile.gif

3. The Wraith WILL be using quite the Uber sword and as far as apparel, that is yet to be determined... neither of which are attainable! When the Wraith is defeated,... it merely disappears and then reappears (generally stronger, provided you have gotten stronger) in his dungeon ready to set out for vengeance and reward yet again.

4. As far as the % of aggresion/responsibility/etc., like I said above,... other NPC's shouldn't have a reason to fight him randomly, since other than appearance... this ghost (a hint) bears NO ill-will towards any other than the one who holds his ring!

5. The Wraith WILL be out in daylight, in cities, in dungeons, in EVERYWHERE at ANYTIME.... thats the point.... be ALWAYS ready,... for HE is!!!

I think its going to be an UBER Mod as well.... thanks for the support!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post May 9 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #32

Retainer

Losing Interest?!?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stingray00alex
post May 10 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #33

Retainer

Just an idea for the mod, maybe as the ringwraith draws closer this underlying horror music gets louder and louder....and softer as you get further away.
I still think there should be nine....
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post May 10 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #34

Retainer

QUOTE(stingray00alex @ May 9 2006, 05:21 PM)
Just an idea for the mod, maybe as the ringwraith draws closer this underlying horror music gets louder  and louder....and softer as you get further away.
I still think there should be  nine....

Those ideas do not work:
1. The music would only destroy the ambush by giving a "heads-up" that you were about to be attacked... maybe the volume of the "special combat music" could adjust AFTER the Wraith had taken the ring from your beaten and bloodied body and was running back to his cave... the music could keep getting quieter and quieter unless you were on a horse catching up, in which case, the music would let you know you're almost onto him!!

2. There can't be nine... the story of the Wraith involves a... lets say... "Sibling Rivalry" not "9 rings of men! smile.gif"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post May 24 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #35

Retainer

BUMP!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dirox
post May 24 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #36

Agent

let me start off by saying =P

now, i think the music could be good, and make it even more scarry.
just make it so when he's close enough, startling music starts playing the second he's within your line of view.

edit: let this post die gracefully wolf

~Dirox

This post has been edited by Dirox: May 24 2006, 07:56 AM

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
+Quote Post
Kain
post Jun 9 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #37

Associate

This sounds AWESOME... so many possibilities, so few modders sad.gif
+Quote Post
Hanz baby
post Jun 11 2006, 03:34 AM
Post #38

Retainer

This goes out to dirox sorry for thinking u were a chick indifferent.gif
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jun 21 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #39

Retainer

QUOTE(Kain @ Jun 9 2006, 10:35 AM)
This sounds AWESOME... so many possibilities, so few modders sad.gif

And that remains my largest obstacle!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Nov 1 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #40

Retainer

As it rises from the dead

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM