Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Fargoth Is Hated?, Why do peole hate Fargoth?
Ragnar
post Aug 22 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Retainer

Why do so many people hate Fargoth? Last I checked he was just like all the other wood elves yet, rather then hate wood elves everyone concentrates on Fargoth. anyway I really want to know why Fargoth is hated by so many.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Red
post Aug 22 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it started with a few people that generally disliked him, but the everyone started hating him, following those trailblazers like sheep. Hind of sad really.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Aug 22 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

Well...i have no idea...i guess i'll just broaden my horizens...let's see...which wood elf should i continously kill and dress up in dresses...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Aug 22 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Dont know... I've never had something against him, he gets me 300 gold or what ever you find.. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Fuzzy Knight: Aug 22 2005, 04:32 PM
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 22 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I don't hate him, I asked Stargelman the same thing some time ago...he thinks it's to do with homophobia with all the gay remarks Fargoth makes when he likes you.

"I have a feeling you and I are about to become VERY close." is one of which

and the classic,

"I think you're a thief because you've stolen my heart."

Anyways I figured that was probably why most people hate him...he's just as annoying as any other wood elf though...but if homophobia was the issue then lots of people would go around killing Cassius Currio(sp?) in vivec so I don't know exactly what the deal is with Fargoth...one of those unexplained mysteries I suppose.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Aug 22 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

no idea, why people hate fargoth, he get's me 400 gold.

(fin his hiding place, don't take the gold. then have 300 gold on your person. talk to the dude, he takes the 300 and gives you 100 of it. return to the log take the money, and voila 400 gold.

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 22 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Or you could just do the mission,get the money and keep it all for yourself without giving that guy in the tradehouse two hundred of it.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Aug 22 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Aug 22 2005, 05:54 PM)
I don't hate him, I asked Stargelman the same thing some time ago...he thinks it's to do with homophobia with all the gay remarks Fargoth makes when he likes you.

"I have a feeling you and I are about to become VERY close." is one of which

and the classic,

"I think you're a thief because you've stolen my heart."

Anyways I figured that was probably why most people hate him...he's just as annoying as any other wood elf though...but if homophobia was the issue then lots of people would go around killing Cassius Currio(sp?) in vivec so I don't know exactly what the deal is with Fargoth...one of those unexplained mysteries I suppose.

I've never gotten one of those as I remember, and I'm HAPPY ABOUT IT! mellow.gif
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 22 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well he does say those things and thats likely why so many men hate him, it doesn't help that his voice is annoying or that he's a small weak looking guy either.

I think he has to like you alot to say those things so just don't make him like you if you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 22 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I don´t hate him...his voice is a bit......wood-elfish,but the guy is cool.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Aug 22 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

It's not him that I hate, It's Meldor I dislike, for ripping me off all those times.

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Aki
post Aug 22 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

People tend to generically dislike Wood Elves. Fargoth is just the first they meet, therefore, he's the Bosmer everyone hates the most.

I pity him, myself, everyone picks on him.

tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Aug 23 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #13

Unregistered

Fargoth died for your sins.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Aug 23 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

I don't vare about Fargoth, He isn't a high ranking person with a really cool item that you can't et w/o killing him so to me he is just another random npc's tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 24 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

As it was said before, Fargoth is just the most commonly (or the first) Bosmer you will encounter in the game. Bosmer being generally disliked (I know I hate their voices) kind of displaced all this hate on the poor little guy (Whom I dislike for scaring the crap out of me with his "Thief" comment).

On a side note I hate Meldor as well. I sold him my beloved helmet intending to buy it back later, sort of an armorer's pawnshop. BUT HE WORE IT when I sold it to him. Being incapable of fighting armed guards at the time I was merrily beat to death when I attempted to stab the unscrupulous helmet-wearing fiend to death.

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Aug 24 2005, 12:42 AM
+Quote Post
Aki
post Aug 24 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Aug 23 2005, 07:40 PM)
On a side note I hate Meldor as well. I sold him my beloved helmet intending to buy it back later, sort of an armorer's pawnshop. BUT HE WORE IT when I sold it to him. Being incapable of fighting armed guards at the time I was merrily beat to death when I attempted to stab the unscrupulous helmet-wearing fiend to death.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Laughing...my...boat...off.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Aug 24 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Megil Tel-Zeke @ Aug 22 2005, 12:13 PM)
no idea, why people hate fargoth, he get's me 400 gold.

(fin his hiding place, don't take the gold. then have 300 gold on your person.  talk to the dude, he takes the 300 and gives you 100 of it. return to the log take the money, and voila 400 gold.

Actually you would only make 100 gold, as you lose 200 then "find" 300, thus you gain 100. Unless there is some freaky cyber coding thingy that makes it so he takes only the gold from the stump...

Anyway, back on topic. The reason I hate Fargoth is simple. HE IS ANNOYING!! I have never heard another Bosmer say any of the above mentioned comments (The "I have a feeling that you and I are about to become VERY close ones".), and I am not a Homophobe or whatever. He is simply annoying to me.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Aki
post Aug 25 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zelda_Zealot @ Aug 23 2005, 10:59 PM)

Anyway, back on topic. The reason I hate Fargoth is simple. HE IS ANNOYING!! I have never heard another Bosmer say any of the above mentioned comments (The "I have a feeling that you and I are about to become VERY close ones".), and I am not a Homophobe or whatever. He is simply annoying to me.

Probablly because you've never raised another Bosmer's disposition so high....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 25 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

My Gerrit character never really heard other Bosmer sweet-talk him. He was too busy practicing his Speechcraft by admiring everyone to 0 disposition. kvleft.gif

He was the lucky one.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Aug 26 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Like everyone says, I think it has to do with the fact that he is a male Bosmer (which have somewhat annoying voices; I prefer the females), who is pratically the first NPC you encounter after the office-thing-ma-bob.

Anyway, I do not like him, but I do not fanatically hate him. The only thing I hate about him is that I tried to kill with him with my bow and arrows, and he seems to be almost invincible! (Then, after getting a little tired of him running around like an idiot, I jumped down from the lighthouse, and [tried] to stab him to death, instead. He took forever to die, though.)

Either that, or I was too much of a low level to do any kind of damage. tongue.gif

EDIT: Back when I used to have just vanilla Morrowind (no mods, whatsoever), I saw a decent Bosmer head with spiky hair (sort of like a Redguard's hair, except more pointier ends) in the PC face select screen. However, I've never seen that head on any Bosmer NPC that I have met. I was sad, because that was the only cute Bosmer head in all of the (vanilla) game. verysad.gif

This post has been edited by MerGirl: Aug 26 2005, 12:40 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:31 PM