Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 114 115 116 117 118 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
mALX
post Aug 16 2023, 06:41 PM
Post #2301

Ancient
Group Icon

OMG, I REEEEEALLLY want that ship house that travels around Tamriel to different ports!!!!!!! I wonder if ESO has lifted the ban on buying houses with gold for Crowns?

** Never mind, with the going exchange rate I couldn't buy it with gold either, lol. I will try again next year.

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 16 2023, 06:52 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 16 2023, 07:57 PM
Post #2302

Paladin
Group Icon

The ship does not travel. It stays in Vastyr. When you interact with the ship's wheel, it lets you exit to a your choice of 3 or 4 different dock destinations (like the port in Vulhkel Guard). When you get off the ship in one of those non-Vastyr locations you simply appear on the pier and your shiphome is not in sight. I don't have the house but someone showed me how the wheel works.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 16 2023, 08:13 PM
Post #2303

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 16 2023, 02:57 PM) *

The ship does not travel. It stays in Vastyr. When you interact with the ship's wheel, it lets you exit to a your choice of 3 or 4 different dock destinations (like the port in Vulhkel Guard). When you get off the ship in one of those non-Vastyr locations you simply appear on the pier and your shiphome is not in sight. I don't have the house but someone showed me how the wheel works.

Yeah; that sounded exciting to me to be able to pop out on different ports! I just have to wait for next year when it goes on sale again. (can't afford it this year).

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 16 2023, 08:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 16 2023, 12:07 AM
Post #2304

Paladin
Group Icon

The current Undaunted events concludes Sep 19.

The final 3d quarter event is a new event. Telvanni something and requires Necrom. This new event will offer the final fragment for the passion dancer costume and begins Sep 28.

Update 40 goes to PTS on Sep 18 and Update 40 goes live (on PC) Oct 30. It does indeed feature the anticipated master crafting table (one for each of the 4 crafting professions). It looks like the mechanics will be to 'feed' attuned tables into the master table. The objective is so that full service guild halls only need 4 tables instead of the current sea of tables.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2023, 01:30 AM
Post #2305

Paladin
Group Icon

Looked at the Update 40 PTS notes and a couple things jumped out:
- Master Attunable Tables (one per each of the four crafting professions) will cost 1500 writ vouchers and require you to be a Grand Master Crafter.
- The endless list prequel questgivers are mostly being moved to less obtrusive (more out of the way) places so they are not so much in your face. Buffy is delighted, for example, that the irritating 'Leramil the Wise' ("Proxy, fate has plucked you. . . . ") has been evicted from Buffy's graht oak in Valenwood so she can no longer pester Buffy every time she runs in and out of the tree (many times a day). She did Leramil's quest as a magplar but that was all she could handle. She'll probably never do the quest on any of her other variants.

Plenty more stuff in the PTS notes but not too much in the way of combat changes. More info here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...s-v9-2-0#latest

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 19 2023, 02:29 PM
Post #2306

Councilor
Group Icon

Four stations at 1500 vouchers a pop is 6000 vouchers. I hope they aren't bound on purchase, or we have no way to contribute them to the guildhall.

Grand Master Crafter is not as hard as it was, as they made True Style Master trivial with AWA, and the other contributing achievements were easy anyway. I have it on both servers, so I'll check them out on PTS as soon as I get back to the US. I think Fleur has enough vouchers for one, and Im sure Laurie does.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2023, 02:48 PM
Post #2307

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's not a Grand Master Crafter so I don't figure she can buy those new tables. She's 9 trait on all but only learns style motif's she comes across. She won't farm or buy them. So our hope is that she can directly donate writ vouchers to a Grand Master Crafter - and hopefully, mALX is one. That all said, the master tables are only a one time purchase. I'm figuring you still buy regular tables to 'feed' to the master ones and Buffy can, of course, buy regular tables.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2023, 10:14 PM
Post #2308

Paladin
Group Icon

What I'm getting from the ESO crafting forum is that writ vouchers cannot be traded and those on PTS are reporting that the new master tables are bind on pickup.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 20 2023, 01:56 AM
Post #2309

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no. I just went on the PTS to check one more thing, and in the tool tip for the master stations it says that only the owner can add stations.

I have a Master Crafter on NA and the vouchers that I have been piling up in anticipation of the new stations, but I can't think of a way to use them for our guild hall. I hope there's something I have missed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 20 2023, 02:32 AM
Post #2310

Ancient
Group Icon

Misa actually is a Master Crafter; there should be a banner hanging in the Guild Hall bragging about her being one, lol.

Oh gosh; I was kind of hoping they would sell the Master stations in the Crown Store; urgh. So it looks like Misa has to get to work doing Master Writs again, urgh.

I haven't checked them out yet, my PTS update today failed and is in the process of being repaired.

It might take me a while to come up with all those Writ Vouchers, I hate to admit that I spent what I had down on recipes for furnishings that Misa didn't have and wanted.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 20 2023, 11:52 AM
Post #2311

Councilor
Group Icon

The clamour for the removal of BoP has statered on the PTS forum. I hope they listen, but fear they won't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 20 2023, 11:57 AM
Post #2312

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 20 2023, 06:52 AM) *

The clamour for the removal of BoP has statered on the PTS forum. I hope they listen, but fear they won't.

BoP? Birds of Paradise?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 20 2023, 11:59 AM
Post #2313

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 20 2023, 06:57 AM) *

BoP? Birds of Paradise?

Bind on Pickup

(not the vehicle, this is not tying it on your truck). biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 20 2023, 12:11 PM
Post #2314

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 20 2023, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 20 2023, 06:57 AM) *

BoP? Birds of Paradise?

Bind on Pickup

(not the vehicle, this is not tying it on your truck). biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif (and I actually DO have a pickup truck now, and coincidentally it has several sets of ratchet straps in the bed just waiting to be used, lol).

Yeah, I really hope they change that before launch; but don't see that happening. I am so very sorry I used up all my Writ Vouchers last year; at the time I had no idea they would ever do anything about the crafting table issue (doubted they ever would). I couldn't have bought even one table with what I had; but would have at least had a start on it.

Plus; I don't know why; but I just always assumed if they ever did the universal table thing that they would just sell them in the Crown Store for 5K each or something. I remember telling Acadian a couple years ago that I would be willing to pay 5K each for something like that = just assumed it would at least be an option, urgh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 20 2023, 12:24 PM
Post #2315

Paladin
Group Icon

Is a master crafter the same as a grand master crafter?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 20 2023, 12:52 PM
Post #2316

Councilor
Group Icon

You get "Master Crafter" for doing just one master writ. Grand master has to do 100, plus a whole bunch more, includingb styles, traits etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 20 2023, 11:12 PM
Post #2317

Paladin
Group Icon

Oops. Just looked since I don't pay much attention to achievements. Buffy attained Grand Master Crafter in 2022. Guess that's what comes from playing a long time. tongue.gif

One achievement I know she'll never get (not that we care) is Master Angler. Buffy just can't bring herself to drop a line in 'foul' waters. And if she won't eat what she catches, why bother?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 21 2023, 12:45 AM
Post #2318

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoops, I meant Grandmaster Crafter. Elke has the thing she needs to do the thing. tongue.gif

I fiddled with the new stations a bit, and they are very cool. It was fast and easy to add attuned stations. Then at least on the gamepad interface you have to know where the set you want to craft comes from, otherwise it's quite a bit of searching. Fun new memory game? wacko.gif

I'm seeing folks talk about donating master writs plus the mats needed to craft them to their guild hall owners. That seems a good way to get around the BoP issue. Fingers crossed that they'll change that and we can just donate the stations.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 21 2023, 08:34 AM
Post #2319

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 20 2023, 07:45 PM) *

I'm seeing folks talk about donating master writs plus the mats needed to craft them to their guild hall owners. That seems a good way to get around the BoP issue. Fingers crossed that they'll change that and we can just donate the stations.

That leaves the guildhall owner providing the style knowlege to make them. It's a step in the right direction, but not the big one. Jewelry writs may be an answer, as there is no style in those. But the latest changes to Jewel crafting may make mats an issue.

On EU, Fleur knows a lot of them, and the spare writs are already in the guild bank, but NA is short of bank space, and we don't want to dump writs on Misa if she can't do them, or she'll be short of inventory/bank space.

BoP has to go!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 27 2023, 09:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 28 2023, 03:35 PM
Post #2320

Paladin
Group Icon

The latest PTS update has changed the requirements to get the master crafting tables from Grand Master Crafter down to Unsurpassed Crafter (100 master writs). A tiny move in the right direction but not a peep about what people are asking for (remove bind on pickup so they can be donated to guild hall managers).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 114 115 116 117 118 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:05 PM