Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shortie Thread, Cameos and unconnected brief tales
Adella
post Jul 2 2021, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Evoker

Hello everyone smile.gif

This thread is for short pieces or tales which are not necessarily part of anything larger, but standalone as is. I invite any participation and comment upon content is welcome. I would make a plea for sincere works please and not jokey one liners hmmm.

Please also just include ‘End’ at the…end of the piece. So that others may know it is safe to start adding comments without unintentionally interrupting your creative flow.

Adella smile.gif

Let me include an example of the kind of intended content. I wrote this following a battle in Falskaar. There is no more, no lead in, no continuation. You enjoy what it is (or not) as it stands.

“Hmmm, I just had a thrilling fight. I had returned to a camp where some bandits had respawned. The fights were so so with largely straight kills.

Most were already dispatched when this enraged regular Thug caught up with me in the courtyard. We engaged with the usual swipes, power attacks and blocks suddenly he made an over arm power attack which I dodged by moving left, and before he could complete his swing, I brought my sword across in a waist high flat arc from right to left
My razor sharp Dragonbone blade slashed a line right across his bare gut. The rent flesh opened like a vomiting mouth, spilling his intestine at his feet.

The vile pile of green and red bile sat there steaming in the chill crisp morning air.
His trembling fingers released his redundant sword and his confused questioning eyes locked with mine for a second before he dropped to his knees.

In slow motion it seemed, he looked down at the mess of guts and in his delirium he vainly tried to scoop them back into his gaping belly. I twisted my boot into his oozing entrails ending the fruitless attempt. He looked up at me with water filled eyes, the anger replaced with a deep sadness. Perhaps he was thinking of some loved one he knew he would never see again, I can’t know. He seemed to be trying to say something, but the shock reduced it to a stammering “I..I..I” and he began to wobble.

I took a brief pity upon him. “Shsh baby” I cooed to him, bending down and smoothing his greasy hair back from his dirt and blood smeared face. In a moment we both reached an unspoken understanding. A courtesy between combatants.
“Th..th..thank y..you” he managed with a grunted whisper.
I stood. My sword sank into his pain and it was over.

It was one of those special moments we occasionally face in the heat of battle. A few seconds which extend out of time and remain with us always.””
END

This post has been edited by Adella: Jul 2 2021, 06:56 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:54 PM