Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampire: The Masquerade Games, Warning - Spoilers Ahead!
SubRosa
post Aug 24 2021, 11:50 PM
Post #541

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 24 2021, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 24 2021, 01:54 AM) *

I finished out my Gangrel run last night. Now I have finished the game with every clan at least once.

This time out I got my Persuasion up to 10 by the endgame. Thanks to the UP Plus patch, it allows you to skip the two underground levels of the Chinatown temple. Instead you can talk to Yukie at the end of the above ground section, and she will open a portal that will take you straight to Ming-Xiao.

Then when you go to Ventrue tower you can talk to Chunk, and he will let you take the elevator straight to the roof, and the fight with the Sheriff. That one I have done before. I think with my very first character. It is a little tricky, because to get to that you cannot take the first persuasion option with Chunk, which is to tell him to think about whether his job is worth getting killed. You have to go a couple other levels in before the option to go the roof becomes available.

Now if only there was a fast track to get to the Nossie warrens, lol

The Unofficial Patch adds one. In the first level of the warrens it adds a door with a computer tied to it. Hack it to open the door, and it will skip almost all the Warrens. You still have to kill a couple of boss monsters though.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 31 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #542

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 24 2021, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 24 2021, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 24 2021, 01:54 AM) *

I finished out my Gangrel run last night. Now I have finished the game with every clan at least once.

This time out I got my Persuasion up to 10 by the endgame. Thanks to the UP Plus patch, it allows you to skip the two underground levels of the Chinatown temple. Instead you can talk to Yukie at the end of the above ground section, and she will open a portal that will take you straight to Ming-Xiao.

Then when you go to Ventrue tower you can talk to Chunk, and he will let you take the elevator straight to the roof, and the fight with the Sheriff. That one I have done before. I think with my very first character. It is a little tricky, because to get to that you cannot take the first persuasion option with Chunk, which is to tell him to think about whether his job is worth getting killed. You have to go a couple other levels in before the option to go the roof becomes available.

Now if only there was a fast track to get to the Nossie warrens, lol

The Unofficial Patch adds one. In the first level of the warrens it adds a door with a computer tied to it. Hack it to open the door, and it will skip almost all the Warrens. You still have to kill a couple of boss monsters though.

Oh sweet! Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 16 2021, 03:24 PM
Post #543

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I wonder if maxing Auspex has a noticable impact with regards to firearm damage? Or is it just accuracy?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 16 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #544

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 16 2021, 09:24 AM) *

I wonder if maxing Auspex has a noticable impact with regards to firearm damage? Or is it just accuracy?

Well it adds 3 points to your perception, which in turn raises your ranged skill. Higher ranged skills do equal to better acc. and increased damage. I wish I had a sauce for that besides my bad memory, but maybe one can be found on the interwebz.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 16 2021, 04:27 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 16 2021, 10:57 PM
Post #545

Ancient
Group Icon

I maxxed Auspex in my Toreador run, and it definitely increased my Ranged ability. I am not positive about how that in turn effects damage. I think it increases it, but I am not sure. But you should definitely raise you Auspex as high as it will go in a firearms build.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 16 2022, 01:20 PM
Post #546

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 16 2021, 11:57 PM) *

you should definitely raise you Auspex as high as it will go in a firearms build.

Valid for sure , but I always tend to spend my precious points towards Obfuscate and Dementia abilities. Along with other stuff like Range and so on, I have little left for Auspex. Another reason is I want to keep things as easy as possible in a fight, relying on Vision of Death and Bloodheal.

Yeah; I'm still toying with the idea of another playthrough as Malk, but when I think about the parts I don't like - EeeeeheeheEEHEehhhhhh....

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2022, 03:00 PM
Post #547

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 16 2022, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 16 2021, 11:57 PM) *

you should definitely raise you Auspex as high as it will go in a firearms build.

Valid for sure , but I always tend to spend my precious points towards Obfuscate and Dementia abilities. Along with other stuff like Range and so on, I have little left for Auspex. Another reason is I want to keep things as easy as possible in a fight, relying on Vision of Death and Bloodheal.

Yeah; I'm still toying with the idea of another playthrough as Malk, but when I think about the parts I don't like - EeeeeheeheEEHEehhhhhh....

Maybe with the mods that skip the sewer level?

Khajiit has been toying around with the idea beginning in earnest a Gangrel playthrough now that his PC is now at his actual abode.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 16 2022, 03:03 PM
Post #548

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I don't mind the sewers as such anymore. It's those annoying arm-monsters with their jump attacks and LaCroix's constant nagging about the sarcophagus tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2022, 11:16 PM
Post #549

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 16 2022, 09:03 AM) *

I don't mind the sewers as such anymore. It's those annoying arm-monsters with their jump attacks and LaCroix's constant nagging about the sarcophagus tongue.gif

Those head monsters weren’t much of a problem for Brigitte during her play through. JaegerSpas was pretty good for dealing with them.

As for LaCroix, Khajiit just zones out when he mentions the Sarcophagus. laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 16 2022, 11:43 PM
Post #550

Ancient
Group Icon

*Sighs*
You know, it is said that when someone starts talking about V:TM-B it creates an impulse in people to play the game. Like an elder feeling the beckoning of a Methuselah, Khajiit is certainly feeling the urge. laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 17 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #551

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 17 2022, 12:43 AM) *

*Sighs*
You know, it is said that when someone starts talking about V:TM-B it creates an impulse in people to play the game. Like an elder feeling the beckoning of a Methuselah, Khajiit is certainly feeling the urge. laugh.gif

Like Jack said; An Antediluvian has a bad dream somewhere and you're gonna feel that tongue.gif

I do have an urge to start another playthrough when October rolls around. Like Reaps did when he played RE in 2015 I think. I don't have it installed anymore but if I can find a mod that changes the Malk conversation font to normal font so I can at least read the letters and hopefully understand what the heck it means, then maybe...

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 18 2022, 05:01 PM
Post #552

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 17 2022, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 17 2022, 12:43 AM) *

*Sighs*

Like Jack said; An Antediluvian has a bad dream somewhere and you're gonna feel that tongue.gif

I do have an urge to start another playthrough when October rolls around. Like Reaps did when he played RE in 2015 I think. I don't have it installed anymore but if I can find a mod that changes the Malk conversation font to normal font so I can at least read the letters and hopefully understand what the heck it means, then maybe...

Or you could, you know, play a different clan tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 18 2022, 05:48 PM
Post #553

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Malks are great! I cannot imagine playing again as a "serious" clan again! laugh.gif

Also; I absolutely need the powers they have.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 18 2022, 05:49 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 18 2022, 09:34 PM
Post #554

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 18 2022, 11:48 AM) *

Malks are great! I cannot imagine playing again as a "serious" clan again! laugh.gif

Also; I absolutely need the powers they have.

I enjoyed my Ventrue and Tremere playthroughs. They had some good powers to control crowds and what not.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 19 2022, 03:34 PM
Post #555

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah, Tremere has great powers too, and Gangrel's Animalism is almost overpowered at highest level. You never run out of blood with that or Tremere's blood magic.

But the thing is, I need Obfuscate in much of the game. First half anyway since it involves a lot of sneaking. And I'm not too keen on playing a Nossie. Really, the only thing about Malks I don't like is their doublespeak and the font which, while it is appropriate, makes it hard to read.

I can only imagine playing Ventrue and going through the sewers blink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 19 2022, 04:15 PM
Post #556

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 19 2022, 09:34 AM) *

Yeah, Tremere has great powers too, and Gangrel's Animalism is almost overpowered at highest level. You never run out of blood with that or Tremere's blood magic.

But the thing is, I need Obfuscate in much of the game. First half anyway since it involves a lot of sneaking. And I'm not too keen on playing a Nossie. Really, the only thing about Malks I don't like is their doublespeak and the font which, while it is appropriate, makes it hard to read.

I can only imagine playing Ventrue and going through the sewers blink.gif

Well you don’t *need* Obfuscate, Brigitte actually only had two dots in that during her playthrough, I believe. Maybe 3. I’ll need to double check that. I think if you want to be really sneaky you could get by with just improving your sneak skill.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 20 2022, 03:33 PM
Post #557

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah I never got further than three dots either but Obfuscate is mandatory for me. It costs XP just like raising Sneak does but with the added benefit of being 100% reliable as long as you don't do stuff that disengages it.

Idk. Sneak works so much better in Oblivion kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 20 2022, 05:27 PM
Post #558

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 20 2022, 09:33 AM) *

Yeah I never got further than three dots either but Obfuscate is mandatory for me. It costs XP just like raising Sneak does but with the added benefit of being 100% reliable as long as you don't do stuff that disengages it.

Idk. Sneak works so much better in Oblivion kvleft.gif

I need to play again as a non-obfuscation using clan. I don’t remember normal sneaking being that bad, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 22 2022, 03:40 PM
Post #559

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Maybe I just suck at it.

Yeah; I made a vampire pun tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2022, 04:07 PM
Post #560

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 22 2022, 09:40 AM) *

Maybe I just suck at it.

Yeah; I made a vampire pun tongue.gif

Bahahaha!!!! Nice one!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:31 AM