21 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
monkeyemoness
post Feb 14 2017, 04:57 AM
Post #121

Mouth
Group Icon

Strident Springs Demense is now open to visitors.

It's the Squad's group house and eventual crafting hall (and will hae some set gear stations, the first being Armor Master because geeze). Doesn't have much yet outside of the bedrooms, but I'm working on it.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Feb 14 2017, 06:25 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 14 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #122

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 13 2017, 10:57 PM) *

Strident Springs Demense is now open to visitors.

It's the Squad's group house and eventual crafting hall (and will hae some set gear stations, the first being Armor Master because geeze). Doesn't have much yet outside of the bedrooms, but I'm working on it.

WOO HOO! Will def stop in later tonight!

The Hunding house is also open to Guild Members! I bought some mats to make what I could and set those items up, right now I'm completely out of mats and having to make some more runs before I can do any more. I did have to buy a few things from the Crown Store that I just can't find the "recipes" for. The place is looking really good; but still needs some extra touches.

After that it will be just finishing touches (like food clutter, the stables, etc.) - and then I'm going to work on getting the crafting stations for it. The spot to put the crafting stations in is set up, I just need to figure out how to get them, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 14 2017, 08:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 14 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #123

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy’s been over to beautiful Stros M'kai to visit mALX Manor several times. Yesterday she ran into Misa there who was working hard decorating the place – which is looking beautiful by the way.

After Misa graciously gave Buffy a tour to showcase all the new things, the two decided to take a break.

Kini’s on.

Getting wet.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #124

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh, nice shots! I need to look and see the ones I took, have been too busy since, lol.

Okay, I've got 11 vouchers, it is 35 per each piece of the crafting stations. So one at a time, we will get our basic crafting stuff in there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 15 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #125

Councilor
Group Icon

Woo, beach party! That is awesome! happy.gif

monkey, can’t wait to stop in at Strident Springs. Love that place.

Jerric has a brand new wash basin in his Ebony Flask room. Now the nightflowers won’t be able to charge hazard pay any more. Snacks the bantam guar is keeping the insect population down to manageable levels. Jerric’s plan is to have a mead keg positioned directly above his pillow. Got a shelf today. The man has a dream.

hazmick, Jerric stopped by to visit Haa-Rei and Ciri, but they were out. The house looks fabulous! I love the garden! He could have stayed there all night. Just beautiful and so peaceful. The two trees are perfect. Great job!

This post has been edited by Grits: Feb 15 2017, 09:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 16 2017, 06:33 PM
Post #126

Ancient
Group Icon

Jerric made some great food for the Hunding house today; and Buffy has been amazingly generous in her support!

I'm up to 16 vouchers, can't wait to get those crafting stations in!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 16 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #127

Ancient
Group Icon

24 vouchers! Just 11 more to get the Blacksmithing station! WOO HOO !!!

Hey, where is Monkey?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 16 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #128

Mouth
Group Icon

Wait, what'd I do? :V

Anyways, I bought a bunch of Achievement decorations last night and threw them into the SSD home. The Squad's bedrooms look great, but the rest of the house now looks bare in comparison (also a few of those won't really be there for long). Have I mentioned that House purchases have left me broke? Yeah. I'm just making it worse.

I sort of want to wait until i have the "perfect" furniture I had in mind before adding anything else. Otherwise I'll be stuck with stand-ins I wouldn't know what to do with. But whatever, I can always give them to someone who can use them when I don't need them anymore. (I guess I also have other houses that can be furnished...)

On a related note, I wish there was more than one style of Provisioning stations. Maybe the Redguard Oven and a usable Khajiit fireplace will come in the future? I mostly just want an oven regardless of its use, but it looks like you can't get those from what I've seen.

Then there's the "proper" Alchemy and Enchanting tables you see in shops...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 16 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #129

Paladin
Group Icon

So if you have some stand in furniture, can you grind it up for mats like you can with retired armor or weapons?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 16 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #130

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 16 2017, 04:12 PM) *

Wait, what'd I do? :V

Anyways, I bought a bunch of Achievement decorations last night and threw them into the SSD home. The Squad's bedrooms look great, but the rest of the house now looks bare in comparison (also a few of those won't really be there for long). Have I mentioned that House purchases have left me broke? Yeah. I'm just making it worse.

I sort of want to wait until i have the "perfect" furniture I had in mind before adding anything else. Otherwise I'll be stuck with stand-ins I wouldn't know what to do with. But whatever, I can always give them to someone who can use them when I don't need them anymore. (I guess I also have other houses that can be furnished...)

On a related note, I wish there was more than one style of Provisioning stations. Maybe the Redguard Oven and a usable Khajiit fireplace will come in the future? I mostly just want an oven regardless of its use, but it looks like you can't get those from what I've seen.

Then there's the "proper" Alchemy and Enchanting tables you see in shops...

I was just missing your presence, lol.

Yes, most def know what you are saying and totally agree on the Provisioning - they removed the ovens they did have (in the Hunding house, Sentinel house, and Twin Arches) on the PTS when I first got on there and replaced it with a stupid open fire pit. I wrote them a bug report and complained, but instead of putting the ovens back in they just removed the one from the Twin Arches and left the open pits in the other two. verysad.gif

Oh, and broke = yes. When the housing came out I had 1,350,000 in gold, and now I'm broke too. I also got a bunch of Crowns a few days ago for my early Birthday present from my son = gone. I really can't imagine how THAT much could have been spent, verysad.gif But other than some clutter - just about done with the Hunding house. It still needs crafting stations, those are going to have to be bought via vouchers unless I get some kind of unforseen windfall.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 16 2017, 04:36 PM) *

So if you have some stand in furniture, can you grind it up for mats like you can with retired armor or weapons?

Unfortunately, no. I wish though - could recoup some of the mats we spent making them, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 17 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #131

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, you can't decon furniture unfortunately. 'Course, in my case it would only be from making a mistake. I can't waste materials. :T

Anyways, thanks for the table, mALX! I don't have a dining table yet, so I'll put it to good use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 18 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #132

Mouth
Group Icon

Since the only opportunity to sneak into the Imperial City I had was wasted (both attempts made to reach the Noble's Conquest crafting station led to getting destroyed) I gave up on saving for an attunable crafting station and had Eolan use up his Writ Vouchers to buy the other 5 regular crafting stations. Better to have them now than wait forever to have 750 for the special ones and then attune them. NOW I can start saving up. (Although I still need the Ambrosia recipe...)

Now I'm figuring out where best to place the normal equipment crafting stations. I wanna make it look like a proper workshop, y'know? Enchanting and Alchemy I already decided to put outside the bedrooms.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Feb 18 2017, 01:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #133

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 17 2017, 07:06 PM) *

Since the only opportunity to sneak into the Imperial City I had was wasted (both attempts made to reach the Noble's Conquest crafting station led to getting destroyed) I gave up on saving for an attunable crafting station and had Eolan use up his Writ Vouchers to buy the other 5 regular crafting stations. Better to have them now than wait forever to have 750 for the special ones and then attune them. NOW I can start saving up. (Although I still need the Ambrosia recipe...)

Now I'm figuring out where best to place the normal equipment crafting stations. I wanna make it look like a proper workshop, y'know? Enchanting and Alchemy I already decided to put outside the bedrooms.

Ooh, will it be outside or inside? Or in your tower or something?

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 18 2017, 01:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 18 2017, 04:45 AM
Post #134

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 17 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Ooh a tower forge would be cool!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 18 2017, 06:09 AM
Post #135

Mouth
Group Icon

I have no clue.

I messed around the house today and considered turning the bottom floor into the cloth/wood workshop, but that'll pretty much take away the "comfy hangout" aspect of the house.

I originally planned to have the wide spaces around the house be used to place the crafting stations, but there are some issues. Like, I sort of want even ground to make it look less messy, but I haven't found a good way to accomplish that without building it out of different parts. I also tried the Orc Tent, but the Woodworking stations are too tall to work inside them. (Maybe I need the Canopy or the Shelter?)

I think I can solve that by placing them around the edges of the house, but I rather they be in one easily accessible place.

I'll have to think about it a bit more. Especially if I'm going to build a "believable" forge (need big fire pit). For now I'm just going to throw them on the bottom floor, since they're just the basic stations that'll eventually find their way to their individual homes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 18 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #136

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, Strident Springs looks great! I love the sweetroll on the table right as you walk in. The crafting stations make a neat work area where you have them. The best part of course is the squad’s individual rooms. There is no question which one belongs to whom. Jerric felt extremely stalkerish going upstairs to check them out, but I made him do it. He stayed in the doorways so he wouldn’t scare the pets or accidentally touch anyone’s personal stuff. laugh.gif

You guys, come see the banner and flagon full of mead that Misa made for Jerric! He loves his room. The man craves home, but is reluctant to make one.

Pog is so close to being Wyrd Friend and getting his cottage! He has some beautiful new lamps made by haute. They make him want to give them a proper cottage to light up.

Elke is going to look at the Skywatch apartment the next time she gets some time. I think she has given up on Jerric making it to the Rift and questing for Autumn’s Gate. Maybe there will be a Crown sale for her. Anyway, she is enjoying her time in Auridon too much to leave yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #137

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 18 2017, 12:09 AM) *

I have no clue.

I messed around the house today and considered turning the bottom floor into the cloth/wood workshop, but that'll pretty much take away the "comfy hangout" aspect of the house.

I originally planned to have the wide spaces around the house be used to place the crafting stations, but there are some issues. Like, I sort of want even ground to make it look less messy, but I haven't found a good way to accomplish that without building it out of different parts. I also tried the Orc Tent, but the Woodworking stations are too tall to work inside them. (Maybe I need the Canopy or the Shelter?)

I think I can solve that by placing them around the edges of the house, but I rather they be in one easily accessible place.

I'll have to think about it a bit more. Especially if I'm going to build a "believable" forge (need big fire pit). For now I'm just going to throw them on the bottom floor, since they're just the basic stations that'll eventually find their way to their individual homes.

To level the ground up; you can go under "Structures" and use the "Dock" or the "Orc Platform Block" to create a flat spot. I used the "Dock" on my crafting pavilion at Craglorn; but the tall flowers beneath came up through it. I think if you use the "Orc Platform Block" instead, that might not happen.

Also, you can use any of the stone blocks as footings to raise the "Orc (tent or Canopy) Shingled" up and make it high enough for the woodworking if you want.

On the fire - they do have an "Imperial Forge" that is a huge fancy fire pit (but not actually usable as a forge, just for looks). It doesn't work for anything (although you may be able to toggle the fire on or off). It was HUGE. I went ahead and used the "Khajiit Cooking Fire" (which also can't be used for anything but toggling the fire, but doesn't take up that much room)

Here are some screenshots of the crafting pavilion:

*Overview of the whole Pavilion

http://i.imgur.com/eWT4n0U.png

* This next one shows how the "Orc Tent" was raised by using stacked blocks; and also the "Khajiit Cooking Fire" used for a forge:

http://i.imgur.com/DZuw90z.png

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 19 2017, 12:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 19 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #138

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 18 2017, 08:26 AM) *

monkey, Strident Springs looks great! I love the sweetroll on the table right as you walk in. The crafting stations make a neat work area where you have them. The best part of course is the squad’s individual rooms. There is no question which one belongs to whom. Jerric felt extremely stalkerish going upstairs to check them out, but I made him do it. He stayed in the doorways so he wouldn’t scare the pets or accidentally touch anyone’s personal stuff. laugh.gif

You guys, come see the banner and flagon full of mead that Misa made for Jerric! He loves his room. The man craves home, but is reluctant to make one.

It's still a work in progress, but i'd say it's coming along nicely. Thanks! There's no worries in entering Jo'zira's room, at least.

Misa was kind enough to gift the squad the Redguard dinner table, too. Since they only have access to small tables right now, it's pretty useful.

@mALX- I actually gave a few of the structures a look and I agree that something like the docks would help. I was going to go with the stage platforms but I wasn't sure how much I could mess around with building given i only have around 100 decoration spots left. Then again, I'm not sure how many the house came with. Maybe I can do a bit of landscaping, like the little tree I moved out of the way for the stations.

Using blocks to prop up the tents is a good idea, though, so I don't have them floating around.

Funny you should bring that up, though. I noticed a few decorations missing, including that Imperial Forge (I checked the Crown Store section of the furnishings), and a spinning wheel for clothiers. Knowing that some of them actually were in-game is disappointing. Right now i'm using a Khajiit fireplace and I'll eventually move to the Redguard firepit (once I find a plan) and somehow fashion a chimney for it (because chimneys are also a thing that are missing that i also wanted).

I still have many plans to find, though. toot toot!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #139

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO !!! I got the Blacksmithing and Woodworking stations in today !!!!! WOOOOOOOOT !!!! And = I'm only lacking 5 vouchers to get the Clothier station !!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 19 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #140

Paladin
Group Icon

What fabulous progress you're making on Misa Manor in Old Stros M'kai, mALX! Wow, even crafting stations - it really will be an almost self-sufficient castle.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 09:33 PM