Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ESO 2020 Discussion - The Dark Heart of Skyrim
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 17 2020, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Alright, people. We've finally gotten a look at and quite a bit of information about the season-long story for ESO this year: The Dark Heart of Skyrim. This specific thread will be for discussion about it. What do you think about what ZOS had to say regarding this year's content during the live reveal? What confirmed content excites you the most? What are you hoping for or predicting will come out in terms of locations, monsters, dungeons, etc.? So on and so on.

And...discuss!

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 17 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, so much for the hope for a non-world-threatening scenario, lol: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/up...hapter/greymoor

Stop a powerful Vampire Lord from enslaving Tamriel in the Dark Heart of Skyrim, a gothic tale of sinister secrets and deadly betrayals. The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor is the next stage in the epic story that begins with the Harrowstorm DLC and continues throughout the entire year.

I mean, that won't stop me from getting the story by any means and I'll keep an open mind, but Ysmir's Beard, another plan of a continent-wide cataclysmic proportion? Really? We don't need to save the world every time. And really, how many times can one character save the world in a span of a couple or so years?

As for the vampires, I hope we get an in-depth look at multiple vampire clans. Clans that hate each other and think they are superior to the others, and actively oppose each other. It's not often you get that in stories in general. And if you have a vampire character, there'd have to be something about you that the main antagonists would scoff at. Maybe they see you as thin-blooded or something like that. Given that this is an MMO, I don't see how they could give you the option of siding with the antagonists, unlike in Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion. I wonder if there will be any references to Volkihar clan in this expansion though? I'm glad ZOS isn't shoehorning them in since it wouldn't make any sense lore-wise.

As for Reachmen...well, when are they NOT murderous psychopaths? Lol. I mean, I'm sure there's got to be some of them that are much more reasonable, though. Maybe it has just been a characterization issue. Besides somewhat of an exception of Madanach's crew in TESV, they are pretty hegemonically and straightforwardly evil. ZOS confirmed that one of the later DLCs will involve them, so I suppose it will be a while before we get more info on that.

Regarding Blackreach, it is the same as what was in TESV, but we will see even more of it. So big it is supposed to be its own zone (although I don't know if I am a fan of its potential to be under all of Tamriel). Maybe there will be some story bits that suggest why we can't go to these new areas in the time of TESV, but it could just as likely be more of a technical and artistic choice for ZOS to expand it.

EDIT: Oh, and I am all for the more gothic tone of this chapter. Nice change of pace from previous chapters in that regard, at least.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jan 17 2020, 09:56 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 18 2020, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 17 2020, 09:53 PM) *

Well, so much for the hope for a non-world-threatening scenario, lol: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/up...hapter/greymoor

Stop a powerful Vampire Lord from enslaving Tamriel in the Dark Heart of Skyrim, a gothic tale of sinister secrets and deadly betrayals. The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor is the next stage in the epic story that begins with the Harrowstorm DLC and continues throughout the entire year.

I mean, that won't stop me from getting the story by any means and I'll keep an open mind, but Ysmir's Beard, another plan of a continent-wide cataclysmic proportion? Really? We don't need to save the world every time. And really, how many times can one character save the world in a span of a couple or so years?

As for the vampires, I hope we get an in-depth look at multiple vampire clans. Clans that hate each other and think they are superior to the others, and actively oppose each other. It's not often you get that in stories in general. And if you have a vampire character, there'd have to be something about you that the main antagonists would scoff at. Maybe they see you as thin-blooded or something like that. Given that this is an MMO, I don't see how they could give you the option of siding with the antagonists, unlike in Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion. I wonder if there will be any references to Volkihar clan in this expansion though? I'm glad ZOS isn't shoehorning them in since it wouldn't make any sense lore-wise.

I think we’ll see more than a single vampire clan. It’s been mentioned that House Ravenwatch group is gonna help the player defeat the vampires in Skyrim, and that the Volkihar won’t be the main vampire menace. Harkon is out doing his thing and the ones we face are a different type.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RaderOfTheLostArk   ESO 2020 Discussion - The Dark Heart of Skyrim   Jan 17 2020, 06:31 AM
mALX   * I'll bet the quest DLC that drops in the sec...   Jan 17 2020, 10:38 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I’m very interested in this new chapter. Really ...   Jan 17 2020, 10:46 AM
mALX   I’m very interested in this new chapter. Really...   Jan 17 2020, 07:24 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I’m very interested in this new chapter. Reall...   Jan 17 2020, 07:40 PM
Darkness Eternal   [quote name='mALX' post='322589' date='Jan 17 202...   Jan 17 2020, 08:26 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   [quote name='mALX' post='322589' date='Jan 17 20...   Jan 17 2020, 10:05 PM
Darkness Eternal   [quote name='Darkness Eternal' post='322593' date...   Jan 17 2020, 11:45 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   The thing about Daedric Princes in general is tha...   Jan 18 2020, 12:44 AM
ghastley   I'm a bit confused if the Blackreach in ESO is...   Jan 17 2020, 08:52 PM
mALX   I'm a bit confused if the Blackreach in ESO i...   Jan 17 2020, 09:27 PM
mALX   Well, so much for the hope for a non-world-threat...   Jan 18 2020, 07:25 PM
Grits   I loved the House Ravenwatch quests. Those are som...   Jan 18 2020, 08:37 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   The Forsworn are not simply murdering psychopaths....   Jan 19 2020, 02:22 PM
Darkness Eternal   The Forsworn are not simply murdering psychopaths...   Jan 19 2020, 03:47 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   The Forsworn are not simply murdering psychopath...   Jan 20 2020, 01:50 AM
RaderOfTheLostArk   [quote name='Darkness Eternal' post='322659' date...   Jan 20 2020, 12:55 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I think that there are some legitimate grievances...   Jan 20 2020, 09:50 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   So I just finished the Rivenspire questline again,...   Mar 8 2020, 06:28 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   So from what I'm hearing, it looks like we mig...   Apr 22 2020, 12:39 AM
mALX   So from what I'm hearing, it looks like we mi...   Apr 22 2020, 01:16 AM
ghastley   I consider Eastmarch and the Rift to be "East...   Apr 22 2020, 02:56 AM
RaderOfTheLostArk   I think they will give us another section of Skyr...   Apr 22 2020, 03:31 PM
haute ecole rider   Okay, a note on the house in Blackreach: it does n...   Apr 23 2020, 02:03 PM
mALX   Okay, a note on the house in Blackreach: it does ...   Apr 23 2020, 03:20 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   I completed Western Skyrim's main questline ye...   May 28 2020, 09:01 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:10 AM