minque
post Sep 23 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #1

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Time for a new one!

link to the previous one

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 25 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I think that the most important thing right now is deciding on how to finish up the fight and even more importantly, how we are going to handle Rianne's injuries.

I guess I'll ask you, Minque. What would you like to happen with Rianne?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Sep 25 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Another thing is where are we going with Haz and Rothan? Its really up to you Jack, he's going to be suspicious at the very least but do you want him to discover any more? Or follow it up much? Or just let it go, run through some prayer and forget? I could see Rothan doing any of them.

But yes, we need to finish the fight. Wasn't there a healer at the ruin? Is Rianne dead or just very wounded? Shall we teleport to the construction site after this and introduce the sixth house there?

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 25 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, I think it would be best if we keep building up the suspicion slowly. Basically just carry on the way we've been doing it, with the little setbacks and all. I mean, Haz has already entered the dangerous 'escaped slave' stage, but slipped back to 'some ignorant semi-heretical bloke from the mainland'.

So with the soldier stabilized for now, how about Rothan and Haz decide to carefully make their way back in to evacuate some more wounded? (And for Haz to steal some bandages somewhere.) It would seem more prudent at the moment than continuing our conversation on the one true faith.

Whether we skip forward or not, I'd say we can pick up where we left again with Haz trying to escape into the packs of slaves, only for Rothan to pick just that moment to repeat his invitation for prayer.

But anyway, that's just my idea.

As for the healer, I had an Armiger say that there was one outside the ruins, if I remember correctly. My argument involved broken legs and stairs I believe, never mind the fact that Rothan and Haz just carried some guy down said stairs without any real trouble. tongue.gif Ah well, they're strong fellas so who cares.

So we should be able to find one if we look around and shout a few times. That said though, he probably has his hands full already with the wounded escapees. Maybe there are some more inside, hiding under tables and stuff?

And Minque's words involved 'dying breath' so I'd say that Rianne is at the least mortally injured. But then again, I doubt she wants to turn Rianne into Dralas' ghostly sidekick for the rest of the rp. So someone should probably get her to a healer asap.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Sep 25 2009, 09:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 26 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok..no way Rianne will die! And become a ghost? nono...She needs a healer yes, but what she most of all needs is dralas, one of her own who would know what to do with her...mentally!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 28 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Erna can slip away whenever, but until BBQ turns up I'm kind of unable to deal with Khallet (who will, hopefully, be dealt with in a suitably thrilling manner).
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Sep 28 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Yeah, I've been pretty damn busy this week. Maybe on Wednesday or Thursday I'll have the time.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 29 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

As long as it's done at some point then I'll be happy. Thanks for letting me know though.

Well, that's BBQ and I, then.
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Oct 6 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

I should have this finished on Friday - I can't do it a day sooner, I'm afraid. I've got stuff to do on every night until then. So yeah - this weekend, I promise.

Speaking of this weekend, I thought I'd relate a little factoid to you - Saturday is Apelles's birthday. How did I come up with this, you ask? Well, let's just say there's another seasoned veteran turning 40 in the tenth month of the year who is playing a prominent role in my home state's professional football team. The connection didn't occur to me until about a month ago (The Tower = Frostfall = October). And for some reason, I just couldn't let go of the idea, so I figured "Heck, why not?" Sure, it's a bit silly. Okay, it's EXTREMELY silly. But I think it's fun.

It's irrelevant at this point - the story is still taking place in mid-to-late summer, I think. But I thought I'd bring it up anyway because the notion that Apelles has the same birthday as Brett Favre amuses me.

This post has been edited by bbqplatypus: Oct 6 2009, 08:49 AM
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 11 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Just wondering..is this rp totally dead now? Where's Danny f ex?

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Oct 12 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

No, not yet. Tuesday. Tuesday (I hope) is when I'll make my contribution. I have too much homework right now. And try as I might, I STILL haven't gotten a work study position. I've applied to about six different places.

This post has been edited by bbqplatypus: Oct 12 2009, 05:02 AM
+Quote Post
Olen
post Oct 12 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

I think it needs something drastic. My suggestion is for bbq to finish off the fight and then either he or someone else move us all to arriving at the construction site and pushing some more storyline into it.

But it might be at the final resurection stage...

Is it this RP or is it just a change in the people here which has rendered it so much less active than THIH and particulrly the eariler ones which ran at several posts per day?

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 12 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I don't know if it is the rp honestly but for me personally, it's probably a change in me as well. I mean, I used to be active at the fanfiction section as well as the rp. But now, I haven't written a damn thing in over a year (or maybe two, haven't checked) and my rp-ing activity has lowered considerably as well. I'm getting lazy. kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Oct 12 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olen @ Oct 12 2009, 08:57 AM) *

I think it needs something drastic. My suggestion is for bbq to finish off the fight and then either he or someone else move us all to arriving at the construction site and pushing some more storyline into it.

But it might be at the final resurection stage...

Is it this RP or is it just a change in the people here which has rendered it so much less active than THIH and particulrly the eariler ones which ran at several posts per day?

I've got a pretty big storyline planned, which I think I'll probably need to reveal to provide the impetus to get the story in motion. But I'll wait until that fight is finished.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 12 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, that might be for the best. I can understand that you wanted to keep your plan a secret till a more appropriate time had come, but as it stands there is nothing to lose by dangling that carrot over our heads right now.

So anyway, let me see if I get the current situation.

Eno, Haz, Rothan: Outside, presumably safe so a flashforward wouldn't affect them and anything they did can be explained later on at leisure.

Dralas: I think he was about to deal with the Hunger sitting on top of Rianne. I suppose we could clean this up quickly if needed by claiming that he stabs the distracted Daedra in the back, killing it. That said, I still would prefer for Dantrag to perform the act instead of having one of us gm it for him.

Dranas: Last seen entering the melee. I'd say we can safely brush over his role in the fight and later claim that he aided some Armigers or something.

Erna: He's on the side of the Daedra actually but nobody knows, so we could just say he slipped out when the fight turned into the favour of the Armigers/ everyone retreated.

Apelles Velvus: He was looking to engage Khallet. Since he hadn't actually engaged the Dremora yet though, we can decide how it went in the planning thread and later bring it up in the form of a flashback. Maybe give Apelles an extra scar or two to show the fight happened.

Rianne: Lying on the floor and dying. Sorry, but I can see no way we can brush over this one. Well, I suppose we could but it would feel really awkward. Also, unless we actually get her some help right now, the only option for Rianne to survive would be by having a Deus Ex Machina magically revive her. And frankly, I'd rather avoid that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Oct 13 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Haz and Rothan could go in and pull her out to a healer but not without gming Dralas to get rid of the hunger. Either we opt to brush over the hunger (for example by just not having it or Dralas there as the fight moved away) or we need to wait for Danny to finish off.

I've got a pretty big storyline planned

What? Surprises in RP don't work well, people are in the wrong place, or have their own developments derailed if anything big happens without prior knowledge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Oct 13 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

It's not so much a surprise as just me waiting for the right time to mention it. I'll tell you what it is when I get home - I don't have the time right now.
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 13 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Oct 12 2009, 10:05 PM) *

Yeah, that might be for the best. I can understand that you wanted to keep your plan a secret till a more appropriate time had come, but as it stands there is nothing to lose by dangling that carrot over our heads right now.

So anyway, let me see if I get the current situation.

Eno, Haz, Rothan: Outside, presumably safe so a flashforward wouldn't affect them and anything they did can be explained later on at leisure.

Dralas: I think he was about to deal with the Hunger sitting on top of Rianne. I suppose we could clean this up quickly if needed by claiming that he stabs the distracted Daedra in the back, killing it. That said, I still would prefer for Dantrag to perform the act instead of having one of us gm it for him.

Dranas: Last seen entering the melee. I'd say we can safely brush over his role in the fight and later claim that he aided some Armigers or something.

Erna: He's on the side of the Daedra actually but nobody knows, so we could just say he slipped out when the fight turned into the favour of the Armigers/ everyone retreated.

Apelles Velvus: He was looking to engage Khallet. Since he hadn't actually engaged the Dremora yet though, we can decide how it went in the planning thread and later bring it up in the form of a flashback. Maybe give Apelles an extra scar or two to show the fight happened.

Rianne: Lying on the floor and dying. Sorry, but I can see no way we can brush over this one. Well, I suppose we could but it would feel really awkward. Also, unless we actually get her some help right now, the only option for Rianne to survive would be by having a Deus Ex Machina magically revive her. And frankly, I'd rather avoid that.

For Nirn's sake....she isn't really DYING! No way , but I agree on that she needs some help with that hunger! I was hoping Dralas would come to her rescue!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 13 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Ah, sorry about that. I just meant that without medical treatment asap to stabilize her condition, she would die. Of course we're going to get her that treatment one way or another. wink.gif

Anyway, has anyone seen Dantrag on the forums lately? I rarely pay much attention to who is on at the moment so I don't know. Maybe we should send him a pm or something.

So ok, Rothan and Haz move back in to drag Rianne out. I'll need to get an excuse for Haz to go along. Probably just to further put Rothan's mind at ease. (I know I'm a bit weird, but I'm a good guy really. See? No need to distrust me! Yeah, right rolleyes.gif .)

Eno, I'll have Haz (annoyed with all the whimpering) simply tell him to look after the soldier.

So when we arrive, let's claim that there is no Hunger about to kill Rianne. Dantrag can then decide whether he killed it while it was distracted, only to be forced away from Rianne by anyone else, or that they're still struggling a few steps to the right. Of course, we can also decide that he did kill the Hunger and is now trying to do something to help Rianne, when we arrive.

Umm...we really need Dantrag here. I can't seem to make up a plan by myself and then stick with it. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Oct 13 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

He was last active on the 8th, so five days ago. I'll put a preliminary post to Rothan and Haz going in but we could try to write it sufficently openly so that it's unclear what's happening (and edit after if Danny wants us to). Or we could assume that Dralas has drawn off the other hunger and is still fighting it as we pull Rianne out. Something like that has to happen to get rid of the hunger and I assume it was going to happen anyway and we can edit if it doesn't work with what Danny planned.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:29 AM