6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?, The Skyrim Version
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 18 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Lycus travels quite a bit. He uses his steel-plate armor and steel-plate gears. But when he's out about in hunting season he uses his forsworn armor. Or the armor of the Old Gods. He doesn't stand with the Forsworn's political ideals, but he does worship their same gods. Or should I say "god". At least the ones from the Second Era.

The Forsworn's armor doesn't provide much protection, but Lycus makes up for it when he's armed to the teeth with daggers and swords. He's much faster than he looks, so he uses the speed and ferocity of his attacks to prevent foes from getting him.

In cities and towns, and sometimes even when he's strolling out in the wilderness, Lycus wears mundane clothes like ragged trousers on those special nights of his escapades. He'll put his trousers with a piece of goat leg, or roast venison nearby so he can follow the scent and remain in the area when he's in his true and bestial form. Instead of sneaking into a village early in the morning to steal clothes, he'll pack his own trousers and roughspun tunic.

Despite his size, imposing physique and scary/ugly facial features, he has a remarkable talent for blending in just by wearing these clothes. People won't look twice for a tall Imperial who hasn't shaved in ages walking about in peasant's clothing. Gives him the look of an honest laborer who cuts woods and plants for a living.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 19 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

Lycus sounds fun smile.gif

Most people in skyrim look massive, ugly, dirty and whatnot, so I'm sure it's not the hardest place for a werewolf to fit in. The locals don't exactly seem to be savvy when it comes to recognising werewolves, surely someone has heard the howling and seen the hair on the companions and made the connection laugh.gif

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 19 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

That actually is something to mention: what our characters wear when they're in their 'off' time. There usually is quite a difference.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Apr 21 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 19 2014, 01:36 PM) *

That actually is something to mention: what our characters wear when they're in their 'off' time. There usually is quite a difference.

Indeed.
Eilidh "on duty" - Steel plate armour, skins.
Eilidh "on duty" - Fairly revealing, pretty much down-at-heel clothing. It blends in and well, advertises at the same time...
Normally in Imperial areas she'll always have her head covered as well, unless she's "on duty"... ahem...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 24 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

In towns Ravos generally wears his furs if it's cold or if he's trying to look the part. Otherwise he'll wear any lower class/simple looking clothes or the belted tunic. If he's meeting with a Jarl or other important figure he will either wear his good armour (glass at the moment) or fine clothes.

He might wear some kind of robes if he's doing things such as alchemy or enchanting, and of course he always his blacksmiths aprons when smithing tongue.gif

Oh and of course he has a wide array of jewelry to aid him in all these things. A circlet for alchemy, rings for smithing an amulet for trading. Otherwise he wears his bond of matrimony and amulet of Kynareth.

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 25 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

OOooh, just out of curiosity I loaded my Super-Khajiit Tank character J'zirlo...("Brother" of J'zargo)...My God he's awesome!!... laugh.gif ...

Currently his armour and weapons are all Stahlrim...Armour is in a heavy stylee...Weapons are bow and longsword...Coupled with the shield...'m muchly happy with it...

They do 126 and 123 damage respectively...And his armour rating is 1136... happy.gif ...

He's Level 66, and my playtime is 222 hours, 26 mins...

It's fair to say, I miss the big-guy...I may have to drag him out of retirement for a time... biggrin.gif ...Must have a notebook to make sure I stick to a roundabout wander plan...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 25 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

In Oblivion all of my characters had separate town outfits to wear. But in Skyrim the fancy clothes don't do anything for me, and the ordinary clothing looks too drab for most of my characters. So they often don't change outfits when in town. There are a few exceptions though.

Mielikki's town clothes were the non-hooded, blue Dunmer clothes.

Jingu Kogo wore a modded set of robes and sandals.

Le Chevalier D'Eon wore the Triss Outfit in town.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 26 2014, 03:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 2 2014, 01:22 AM
Post #28

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's wearing the Triss outfit. I've loved the outfit since I first saw it in Oblivion. The problem there was that it was cut very much for a woman of more . . . Nordic proportions than Buffy. Happily, the Skyrim version fits her perfectly!

And she's wielding a conjured Mystic bow (and spells of course).

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 4 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Like SubRosa's, my main (and only, thus far) Skyrim character has stuck pretty much to her Elven outfit.

Of course, she hasn't yet headed north beyond the snow line, so her set of fur gear are still packed away. She is looking for moonstone ore so she can upgrade her Elven set, and we'll RP that it gets the same exposure stats as the upgraded Fur (Full exposure protection).

She is currently carrying an Orcish mace and an Orcish bow. She is definitely a mace girl. On the vanilla playthrough I got her to try out the swords and greatswords (I'm more familiar with those thanks to Julian in OB). However, on this go-around, with the mods I'm using, she is insisting on using the mace. The bow comes in handy for sniping when she wants to thin the numbers some and she's on high ground. At this time she has over 200 steel arrows and almost 40 Orcish. All unenchanted equipment.

She is using a fur cloak that she did enchant with a Resist Frost enchantment. It helps on those cold nights!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 4 2014, 12:28 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, great to see you in Skyrim. Elven armor (with furs available), mace and bow sound great. Is she using a shield?

Buffy still loves her Triss outfits. Being the magical elf she is, she can (alteration magicks) change it from among three color variations. She did find herself a bit underdressed for the snow however. Rather than carrying mantled mage robes and/or furs however, she opted to get a nice cape and cowl that pretty well matches the Triss outfit. That and a couple more rings enchanted with resist frost (to complement the toe ring Jerric gave her) and she actually has the cold thing under control. Oh, and she's taken to wearing a couple of hawk feathers in her hair. Dunno why.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 4 2014, 01:51 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 3 2014, 06:28 PM) *

Rider, great to see you in Skyrim. Elven armor (with furs available), mace and bow sound great. Is she using a shield?

Umm, no. Alise prefers to keep some kind of magicka handy in her left hand. She did try dual-wielding in the vanilla playthrough, but went back to keeping either destruction or conjuration spells handy. She also keeps healing spells hotkeyed so she can heal herself or her followers as necessary.

Buffy still loves her Triss outfits. Being the magical elf she is, she can (alteration magicks) change it from among three color variations. She did find herself a bit underdressed for the snow however. Rather than carrying mantled mage robes and/or furs however, she opted to get a nice cape and cowl that pretty well matches the Triss outfit. That and a couple more rings enchanted with resist frost (to complement the toe ring Jerric gave her) and she actually has the cold thing under control. Oh, and she's taken to wearing a couple of hawk feathers in her hair. Dunno why.

Because it looks way cool and, like, you know, a trippy hippie? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 4 2014, 02:03 AM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

laugh.gif Yup. She's just a little butterfly flower child. Who, you know, carries a sniper rifle. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 4 2014, 02:35 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Welcome back HER. smile.gif Nice to see lots of us in Skyrim these days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 19 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

Marius wears a combination of armor based on looks and enchantments. He does no smithing or enchanting so he has to work with what he finds or earns. When hes about to possibly get into real trouble he wears the Guildmasters Armor, Nightingale Boots, Nightingale Gauntlets, Linwes Hood (because it looks better than the Shrouded Hood which has an addition +5 to archery), and a black hide cloak he found that increases his Magicka Resistance.

The Nightingale Bow is still his favorite. He buys potions to make the enchantments more effective. Slowing his target is very important to him.

In melee he likes two shock-enchanted daggers, Elven and Glass. His defense is pretty poor so he needs to get the fight over with as soon as possible. When hes up against a two-handed fighter he breaks out the Nightingale Blade for the extra reach and health absorption. He carries Chillrend but hes rarely sure that his opponent lacks frost resistance. Its mostly to ease his fear of getting cornered by a fire dragon. Plus he thinks it looks cool. And if he leaves it at home someone might steal it. whistling.gif

This is still his favorite outfit for around town. He likes to look colorful but not too fancy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 19 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #35

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, Marius is so roguishly handsome. I sure hope Jerric doesn't rearrange his face when Marius tries to steal Jerric's amulet! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 19 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

I agree. Whatalookah he is. That first pic is like a Mycharonna pic. Nice and dark.

What sort of damage do his shock daggars do?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 19 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Aww, thanks guys. Luckily NPC Jerric is parked in the Dragonsreach dungeon room that has all of the mead barrels, so Marius could probably braid his back hair without him noticing. Marius wore a mask for the job, though, just in case! laugh.gif

Mariuss Elven Dagger of Lightning does an extra 25 points of shock damage and his Glass Dagger of Thunderbolts does an extra 20 of shock. They are both unimproved but Marius has a couple of perks in Armsman. I play him on Expert so he has a bit of trouble when he has to get up close with the fighting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! Mych has three daggars she usually carries, although she never dual-wields. One simply harvests souls. That one is orcish. She's got another orcish daggar that does something like 24 pts of frost damage (she is an ice witch, after all), and the third daggar is iron. It causes anybody up to a certain level (I think it's 20 or 25) to flee.

Expert eh? huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 20 2014, 04:10 AM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Yep, I dont want him to feel too powerful and warrior-like. When he sees those roaming bandits with their heavily armored chiefs he just sneaks on by. He carries a selection of poisons in case he gets cornered, but on Expert he is motivated to still act like a rogue. He has to choose fights he can end quickly. On Adept its too tempting to turn into a warrior and carve through a bunch of guys.

Oh, and he did pull Chillrend out today in Stony Creek Cave. biggrin.gif He was out of poison from this event that occurred on the way there. Even with Rune (I made him into a follower)and Arissa (mod) with him they were getting their asses kicked, so he gambled on the chance of paralysis effect. It worked. I love that sword!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah I see. Since Haaf-Mersey I've gotten in the habit of starting my characters on Apprentice, but then bumping the difficulty up to Adept if they start becoming Ubers at higher levels. I think Mych still has Apprentice going, I mean we're talking a dead-is-dead game in which two or three super-fireballs could kill her. I eventually bumped Haaf-Mersey's game up to Adept though. Started getting bored when he'd simply mow through vampires or bandits like bowling pins.

I think Master Baytor's game (if I ever return to it) started on Adept. I went for the classic default Xbox experience there. smile.gif

Crazy pic. I am counting 3 dragons in total?

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:18 PM