4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New things
Renee
post Oct 26 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa, you are right, Broken Steel is very thrilling so far.

And my new thing for today. Cho's been hanging in and around Tenpenny Tower the last two days. One day while he was leaving his apartment, a lot of other NPCs were leaving theirs. One of them said "dinner time!" in this extremely cheery voice!

This is different from any other Beth game. In Oblivion for instance, a lot of people will go to dinner in the Market District, after closing their shops. They won't SAY anything though, so "Dinner time!' in FO3 is a nice touch.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I completed Lonesome Road in Lee's game, this time I really took my time and explored the place as fully as possible, so I found a lot of places and stuff which I haven't found on my previous playthroughs.

To mention only a few, I found all six of Ulysses's logs, usually I ended up with four of rive. I think I've been missing out the first one because unlike others it's hidden inside a toolbox while others are directly visible.

I found and detonated 28/30 atomic warheads, the remaining two are in Courier's Mile which I don't have desire to explore but that still means that I found all in the Divide.

I found 4/5 ED-E's upgrades, if Lee's science was 75, he would find all five because one of them is in a room that can only be accessed with a high enough science skill.

When it comes to Ralphie's posters, I didn't perform so good, I found only 13/20.

Apparently finding all Ulysses's logs allows you to settle with him at the end but Lee just couldn't listen to him any longer so he killed him. Surprisingly, battle this time was very easy. I had a lot of troubles with Ulysses in Blondie's and Sylvia's game because he regenerates health at a ridiculously fast rate and turns on stealth boy when he's wounded. This time, however, Lee punched him only a few times and he was gone, definitely also because Lee has most if not all high-level melee/unarmed perks. So first he attacked him in VATS with Fist of Rawr and brought his health down to about 1/4. Then Ulysses cloaked himself but Lee was on his tail and kept punching him with Fist of Rawr yet he had to pause for a while to heal himself, not because of Ulysses though but because marked men and hostile eyebots jumped on him. When healed, he once again attacked Ulysses in VATS, using special moves Uppercut, Cross, followed by a regular attack and with the last blow Ulysses fell.

In the end the nuclear missile was directed at the Legion because Lee refused to sacrifice ED-E.

Apart from Fist of Rawr which will now become Lee's main unarmed weapon, he also wields the Blade of the West, the modified bumper sword. His protonic inversal axe got "lost" in the Divide and he doesn't feel like trekking all over the place to get it back. Besides, it's good to change weapons from time to time to keep things fresh and interesting.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 1 2017, 09:52 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 1 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

I couldn't stand listening to Ulysses either. That guy sure loved to hear himself talk! I think I only did Lonesome Road once, in Annie Ley Oak's game. I didn't like how the game blames you for wrecking the Divide in the first place. So I was never eager to do it again. I started it with Hidetaka because she was not the Courier, just someone mistaken for being so.

Annie had trouble with Ulysses too. Not just because of his regenerating, but all those goons he has on his side that rush you. Killing all of them took forever.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 1 2017, 09:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Lee Cyeng was merely doing his courier job while in fact being undercover for the NCR, so Ulysses and his wannabe-philosophical ramblings quickly went on his nerves, he couldn't care less about them just like he couldn't care less about the Divide. He cared about ED-E, though, which was something I wouldn't expect before playing LR but there was a special bond between Lee and the robot, looks like he prefers machines more than men.

I remember that a lot of marked men would come and help Ulysses but this time there were far less so obviously their spawning is directly linked to Ulysses's death and once he fell, Lee only had to deal with those that were already in the temple and with just one more wave of them afterwards, then they stopped spawning.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 15 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Deathclaws respawn.

"Duh, lots of enemies do Renee!" rolleyes.gif

no, I mean, they respawn, but they do not come from percentage-chance leveled lists as are often found in ES games. Meaning that there is no chance of them not showing up. Meaning that they are basically hand-placed, and always come back after 3 days (I think it's 3 days in this game).

In other words, in the base game, raiders in (let's say) Super Duper Mart will not come back after we pwn them all. Deathies in Olney Power Plant will though. Because they are literally hand-placed with the respawn toggle on, every time. huh.gif And this means that when Cho Zen Wan went back into Olney recently, I was expecting there to be no deathies in the initial tunnels. But they were all there, dangit.

And I admit no shame in saying I changed this in my game. Turned the respawn toggle off, because such a large land animal could not possibly replace itself in such numbers (we're talking about nearly a dozen of them in those tunnels alone) here on Earth. In Elder Scrolls games, you can always blame magic. "Oh, they come back because of magic!" bluewizardsmile.gif Not so here in Fallout.

Man I'm so glad I'm doing Broken Steel on PC though. There's no way I would enjoy it on Xbox. Cho would not only have no followers with him, but he'd be forced to either fight all those deathies over and over, or he'd be relying on so much Stealth Boy it's not even funny.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 25 2019, 06:15 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 15 2018, 09:34 AM) *

Deathclaws respawn.

"Duh, lots of enemies do Renee!" rolleyes.gif

no, I mean, they respawn, but they do not come from percentage-chance leveled lists as are often found in ES games. Meaning that there is no chance of them not showing up. Meaning that they are basically hand-placed, and always come back after 3 days (I think it's 3 days in this game).

In other words, in the base game, raiders in (let's say) Super Duper Mart will not come back after we pwn them all. Deathies in Olney Power Plant will though. Because they are literally hand-placed with the respawn toggle on, every time. huh.gif And this means that when Cho Zen Wan went back into Olney recently, I was expecting there to be no deathies in the initial tunnels. But they were all there, dangit.

And I admit no shame in saying I changed this in my game. Turned the respawn toggle off, because such a large land animal could not possibly replace itself in such numbers (we're talking about nearly a dozen of them in those tunnels alone) here on Earth. In Elder Scrolls games, you can always blame magic. "Oh, they come back because of magic!" bluewizardsmile.gif Not so here in Fallout.

Man I'm so glad I'm doing Broken Steel on PC though. There's no way I would enjoy it on Xbox. Cho would not only have no followers with him, but he'd be forced to either fight all those deathies over and over, or he'd be relying on so much Stealth Boy it's not even funny.

They are like ants, mice, and cockroaches then? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Feb 26 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

So a couple days ago, I cleared out Fallon's Department Store (I'm pretty sure I had done that before, but whatever). But this time, the parking garage right next to it caught my eye. I hadn't gone in there before, so I decided to do this time. Lo and behold, it was a maze of sorts! It was a neat little thing that I had never encountered before. Plenty of traps and such along the way, but nothing too big to handle--although perhaps it would have been if I was a low level. Unfortunately, the payoff wasn't that great in the end, but it was still a cool thing I discovered.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 26 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

You probably did clear it out. Not sure what the respawn times are, but most places do respawn after a while.

Heh, there are some fun things in the Parking Lot Funhouse. I imagine there were some really bored raiders around those parts.

Them stupid monkeys, though....

This post has been edited by Kane: Feb 26 2019, 08:30 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Feb 26 2019, 02:27 PM) *

So a couple days ago, I cleared out Fallon's Department Store (I'm pretty sure I had done that before, but whatever). But this time, the parking garage right next to it caught my eye. I hadn't gone in there before, so I decided to do this time. Lo and behold, it was a maze of sorts! It was a neat little thing that I had never encountered before. Plenty of traps and such along the way, but nothing too big to handle--although perhaps it would have been if I was a low level. Unfortunately, the payoff wasn't that great in the end, but it was still a cool thing I discovered.

I actually love those kind of "trap" mazes; they are kind of like Easter Eggs to get through them (even if the loot is not the best). In Fallout 3 they had that maze of traps to get into "The Family" = I loved that thing!!! Of course, THAT maze had an awesome treasure at the end if you chose to wipe "The Family" out, lol. I know there were others; just can't remember them right now.

I've actually been pretty disappointed with the loot I've found in Fallout 4 overall; they have really focused the loot on being junk to convert for crafting. In Fallout 3 they had a lot of loot for making the crafted weapons; but there was also lots of real loot and some collectible loot (like the gnomes). It was more balanced; and really encouraged exploration.

I did find a great gun early on in the vault = a little overpowered for that level; but since I'd never played before I didn't know if I'd ever be able to get back into the vault again (aka Vault 101 in Fallout 3) = so I went ahead and console opened that lock. When I found out I could get back into the vault I felt bad about doing that.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 26 2019, 09:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 26 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

There are a crap-ton of Bobbleheads and magazines in the Commonwealth, too. Also, the Beantown Interiors Project mod adds Drunken Gnomes to the game, as well as opening up a lot of the boarded off houses.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 26 2019, 02:59 PM) *

There are a crap-ton of Bobbleheads and magazines in the Commonwealth, too. Also, the Beantown Interiors Project mod adds Drunken Gnomes to the game, as well as opening up a lot of the boarded off houses.

Opening up boarded houses? Awesome!!!! Drunken Gnomes sounds great; I'll have to work my way to that Beantown! Thanks for the info!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 28 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

The name 'Benny' is on a gravestone in the graveyard above Goodsprings. I am gaming with Linda Hand and she crouched down and read this name. Not that it's THE Benny who is part of the MQ. But ya know...

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 28 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

That is a cool piece of foreshadowing, given how often *that* Benny ends up dead later on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 23 2020, 04:33 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

Linda Hand spent the night in NCR Sharecropper Barracks, which is a building outside of Vegas. When she went in the place it was 4 am, and I noticed how dark it was inside. She had been in these barracks before, and it was a lot easier to see. Sure enough, after she woke up (late morning) it was now brighter in there.

Sun always shines in Vegas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 17 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

I am gaming with Vicious today and she decided to head toward Super Duper Mart with her new friend.

They make it to the market and are hanging out doing whatever when all the sudden, all the other raiders start shooting and making all sorts of noise. Turns out, a random Wastelander NPC had rushed into SDM and this caused all the raiders to start going nuts! This has never happened in any of my other games, and I don't think it's caused by some mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 17 2021, 11:17 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

Was it inside the building? I often find the raiders in the parking lot shooting it out with other wastelanders, but not inside.

Maybe it was that kid from Greyditch? He has super radar that can home in on your from a mile away?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 18 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, this was inside of Super Duper Mart, not outside. And now that I'm doing a little gaming with her inside of Springvale another Wastelander did the same thing. Rushed inside the school, and got shot up within seconds. indifferent.gif

Like I said, I have never seen this happen before, not that I remember, anyway. Whenever Cho is doing some delving into SDM or Springvale for instance, there's never a moment when a Wastelander has suddenly wandered in, and things start going haywire. panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 18 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

I do recall that sometimes in Bethesda games if an NPC is standing close to you when you go through a door, the NPC will teleport through it with you. I seem to recall it happening in Skyrim at least and I think Oblivion too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2021, 10:20 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Cho Zen Wan is in Tenpenny Tower, looking for somebody.

New thing: I just heard a Tenpenny resident say "I was worried about those ghouls, but thanks to you now I can worry about more important things. Like what color to dye my hair!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 22 2021, 10:09 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2021, 11:20 PM) *
New thing: I just heard a Tenpenny resident say "I was worried about those ghouls, but thanks to you now I can worry about more important things. Like what color to dye my hair!"

Was that resident Floozie? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:59 AM