Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Started a new character with a new race
ghastley
post Jun 14 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I like to play any new NPC's I'm planning to add to my mods as characters, to get an idea of their quirks and stuff. So I created a Nocturnal race.

Nocturnal has a night-eye lesser power like a Khajiit. Low strength, and agility, but high Magicka, or she'd have no offense at all! She takes sun damage at a lower rate than a vampire, but unlike them, has no way to turn it off. I gave her white (Order) eyes for contrast.

My character is born under the Thief, of course, and I gave her the Skeleton key as starter equipment so she doesn't raise Security or Alteration. High Sneak, and having really dark skin (darker than shown in the picture of the outfit), and a black outfit, makes her hard to see. That also makes for poor screen-shots.

She's currently doing the Mages Guild Recommendation quests, as access to spell-making will be useful. I considered giving her a way to do that without joining a mortal's guild, but decided it was too much effort, and the quests were a useful test. She's been caught out by the dawn a couple of times, but she can let herself into any building quickly enough not to get too badly hurt. Fast travel needs planning, but she's at the stage where she hasn't found most places yet.

She's still picking up her arsenal of spells as she goes around the Mages Guild chapters. Since the game gave her Flare and Absorb Health, and summon skeleton, she's used those so far, but will consider Illusion spells when she gets them.

I know I may have to reconsider the sun damage, but so far I haven't found any quest that she wants to do, that is prevented by it. I'll keep going until I hit a road-block with that, and figure out something when it happens.

Her cape is still being worked on. The sides between the arms and the body are proving almost impossible to weight to the standard skeleton, and may will require extra bones. She's currently using a makeshift one with those sections removed, which doesn't look quite right, but isn't too glaring an anomaly.

The sun damage thing may also mean I need to make her immune to Vampirism, but I'll just keep taking the Mandrake rather than build it in. I haven't played a Vampire character for long, so can anyone who has point me at the quests where the sun damage makes it difficult?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 14 2013, 02:14 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post Jul 15 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

I ran into a small problem with testing the new quests. The only character I could find in my archives that had done the whole Thieves Guild quest-line was Nocturnal.

Then I dug back a lot further, on an older machine, and came up with Burk gro-Balrog. He follows the Lum example by never wearing a shirt, carries a huge enchanted Ebony battleaxe, and relies on magical, rather than physical defense (rings and amulet instead of armor). He's just been woken up in his bed in the Guildmaster's quarters by an apparition of a Daedric Princess, and gone to her shrine at Leyawiin for more information.

I should probably move this discussion over to the mod announcements forum, now that Nocturnal's moved over to being an NPC at last.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 16 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 15 2013, 09:47 AM) *

I ran into a small problem with testing the new quests. The only character I could find in my archives that had done the whole Thieves Guild quest-line was Nocturnal.

Then I dug back a lot further, on an older machine, and came up with Burk gro-Balrog. He follows the Lum example by never wearing a shirt, carries a huge enchanted Ebony battleaxe, and relies on magical, rather than physical defense (rings and amulet instead of armor). He's just been woken up in his bed in the Guildmaster's quarters by an apparition of a Daedric Princess, and gone to her shrine at Leyawiin for more information.

I should probably move this discussion over to the mod announcements forum, now that Nocturnal's moved over to being an NPC at last.

WOO HOO! I wondered when we'd see it over there! Much easier to find, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ghastley   Started a new character with a new race   Jun 14 2013, 02:12 PM
mirocu   I like to play any new NPC's I'm planning...   Jun 14 2013, 03:56 PM
Acadian   ghastley - Neat idea, and the cape looks great so ...   Jun 14 2013, 06:22 PM
mirocu   Please, please mr ghastley, can you make a Buffy ...   Jun 14 2013, 06:34 PM
ghastley   Even Daedric Princesses hang out at the Wobbly Gob...   Jun 16 2013, 12:53 AM
Acadian   Wow! That looks amazzzing! :goodjob:   Jun 16 2013, 01:07 AM
mirocu   She looks great! But doesn´t she miss a piece ...   Jun 16 2013, 05:54 PM
Grits   WOW, ghastley! Great idea, and she looks amazi...   Jun 16 2013, 06:02 PM
ghastley   The problem with her cape is getting the part betw...   Jun 17 2013, 04:48 PM
mALX   I love the look of that cape!   Jun 18 2013, 12:55 AM
ghastley   She's just paid a visit to the Shadow Stone, i...   Jun 18 2013, 02:50 PM
mALX   She's just paid a visit to the Shadow Stone, ...   Jun 25 2013, 09:26 AM
mALX   PS - The Wizards Tower has both spellmaking and ...   Jun 25 2013, 09:35 AM
ghastley   ... - fast travel was definitely out,... I found...   Jun 25 2013, 02:59 PM
mALX   ... - fast travel was definitely out,... I foun...   Jun 25 2013, 11:49 PM
ghastley   The Ring of Sunfire does Resist Disease 35% and Re...   Jul 1 2013, 06:18 PM
mALX   The Ring of Sunfire does Resist Disease 35% and R...   Jul 1 2013, 08:59 PM
ghastley   Nocturnal is a very demanding character. I've ...   Jul 4 2013, 10:21 PM
mirocu   Really nice work there, ghastley! ;) But hone...   Jul 5 2013, 09:48 AM
ghastley   In Evergloam, it is always midnight, with 100% cha...   Jul 5 2013, 02:48 PM
mirocu   Currently looking for clutter - there are no plan...   Jul 5 2013, 03:14 PM
ghastley   Ah, but this isn't Nirn. I'm also reluctan...   Jul 5 2013, 04:14 PM
Acadian   So, Nocturnal's moved on from the Wobbling Gob...   Jul 5 2013, 04:31 PM
ghastley   The Daedra Seducers will get wings, but I don...   Jul 5 2013, 05:28 PM
mALX   I am getting very excited about this mod, this is ...   Jul 7 2013, 06:05 AM
ghastley   Things I have discovered: An NPC will not use a l...   Jul 7 2013, 03:14 PM
mirocu   An NPC will happily go topless if their armor cov...   Jul 7 2013, 03:22 PM
mALX   * I know you make a lot of your own textures and...   Jul 7 2013, 08:19 PM
ghastley   Moonshadow is already using Stroti's Ayleid fu...   Jul 8 2013, 12:42 AM
mALX   Moonshadow is already using Stroti's Ayleid f...   Jul 8 2013, 12:50 AM
ghastley   Ok, just one, as this part's looking fairly de...   Jul 8 2013, 02:29 AM
mALX   That statue is incredible! I also love the pa...   Jul 8 2013, 03:48 AM
mirocu   That statue looks a bit like Azura, holding that c...   Jul 8 2013, 07:08 AM
ghastley   The top half of the statue is Azura, (and those we...   Jul 8 2013, 02:06 PM
mALX   The top half of the statue is Azura, (and those w...   Jul 8 2013, 02:27 PM
mirocu   Yeah, I´m impressed too by your work, ghastley...   Jul 8 2013, 05:09 PM
ghastley   Nocturnal has a new throne made from a Strotis pie...   Jul 9 2013, 02:28 PM
mALX   Nocturnal has a new throne made from a Strotis pi...   Jul 9 2013, 06:15 PM
Elisabeth Hollow   That's so cool, ghastley!   Jul 9 2013, 03:54 PM
ghastley   Some more screenshots as I add things: Azura show...   Jul 13 2013, 06:01 PM
mALX   I love the pink portal, but the shot of Misty Hall...   Jul 14 2013, 09:55 AM
mirocu   Nice portal! :D   Jul 14 2013, 10:09 AM
Acadian   Azura has a nice pink portal. And nice puppies to...   Jul 14 2013, 12:52 PM
Grits   I love watching your progress, ghastley. This look...   Jul 14 2013, 11:02 PM
Grits   And with shirtless Burk on the job, we'll defi...   Jul 15 2013, 03:19 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:33 AM