Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2006-04-05 - First Pay-for-Play mod released
stargelman
post Apr 5 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Yesterday, Bethesda made available for purchase on their website and on XBox Live the first of what is planned to be a number of small addons for Oblivion. As announced several months ago, this first official mod adds two kinds of horse armor to the game. The mod is available for US$1.99 or 200 Xbox Live points.

Shortly after this was announced over at MajorNelson.com, a seizable number of people expressed their frustration about this new practice of selling mods for what they perceive to be too high a price, instead of making them available for free.

Pete Hines, Vice President of PR and Marketing, responded to this on EvilAvatar.com, stating that the price the mod is now sold for is comparable to other items available on XBox Live, such as themes and items for other games.

Other mods announced include a mod that adds an Orrery to the Arcane University (I did wonder why that was an empty room!) and a mod that adds a home for wizards - a tower - to the northern area of the game.

OblivionDownloads.com - Pay4Play Mods for Oblivion

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Apr 10 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Apr 5 2006, 04:39 AM)
Other mods announced include a mod that adds an Orrery to the Arcane University (I did wonder why that was an empty room!)

Would you mind telling me where to get the key to open the Orrery? I'm the Arch-mage of the mages Guild and my Arch-mage key won't even open the stupid Orrery.

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Apr 11 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #3

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(xycolian @ Apr 10 2006, 11:29 PM)
Would you mind telling me where to get the key to open the Orrery? I'm the Arch-mage of the mages Guild and my Arch-mage key won't even open the stupid Orrery.

There is no key. i used the console because I'm just that curious wink.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 AM