Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discuss the W4O fan art!
Darkwing
post Feb 15 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Hey everyone,

This is really a thread to try and get more people involved in the fan art section of the waiting4oblivion site. I'm basically monopolising it and i'd love it if people could really start firing off more fan art! smile.gif

Oh, and of course, discussing the fan art already present would be a good start!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Feb 16 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Senor Snore
Group Icon

I know I wrote that in the description of your zombie picture already, but boy does that take me back. It makes me want to play Arena again because it reminds me of the Crypt of Hearts so much. It also reminds me of another dungeon, but I don't know what it was. It had an underground water/canal thing and the door with the quest item had a riddle to which the answer was 'Onion'. That dungeon had a lot of undead - especially zombies - in it.

Of course none of 'em looked as good as this one tongue.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Feb 16 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Wizard
Group Icon

well of course so far it all looks great dw. maybe we can ask people like archie or stephen to contribute. they have a lot of skill and they might be able to get more greatness on there biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 16 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Yeah that would be brilliant! Its clear that there is a lot of talent in the creativity department among the fans, so lets get those creative juices flowing peeps! smile.gif
+Quote Post
milanius
post Feb 16 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Agent

I have a question: can a picture of a 3d weapon model be concidered art ?

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 16 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #6

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Yeah of course smile.gif but feel free to alter it if you want it to feel more personal or what-have-you smile.gif
+Quote Post
Anghardel
post Feb 16 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #7

Retainer

so are we trying to catalogue the fanart here, or just trying to get a slight flow of pictures?

Ang smile.gif

--------------------
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen, philosophers, and divines."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 16 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #8

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Effectively both really. We're thinking of holding competitions for various categories as well.

But for the time being its primarily to get the fan art flowing and for others to discuss what they think of them, anything that could be changed for the better etc
+Quote Post
Anghardel
post Feb 16 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Retainer

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me smile.gif. I'll see who I can find around here who'd like to come and contribute some fanart. I'm sure I could probably talk to someone, two, in particular.

Ang

--------------------
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen, philosophers, and divines."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 17 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #10

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Brilliant smile.gif that would be great if you could do that. and also anyone else reading this, feel free to bring others into the mix smile.gif
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 22 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #11

Master Gimp
Group Icon

As a side note, i'll have some time on my hands later this week/next week hopefully, excluding the time taken on the next Daedra......so if anyone has any requests for what they would like to see in 3D or whatever then gimme a shout wink.gif
+Quote Post
minque
post Feb 22 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Well I would like to see normal people (imperials, bretons redguards and also elves) in different state of ageing..I mean not just young fancy ones but also neat elder men and women..But I have no talent of making them so.......if someone has then it would be most welcome on my behalf!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 22 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #13

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Well, i can safely say i didn't see that one coming! :eek:
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 22 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #14

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Milanius's blade looks great! The way the image is set up gives us both up close details and an overall idea of the size of the weapon. Also the palette is very neutral and natural.

great work! smile.gif :goodjob:
+Quote Post
milanius
post Feb 22 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #15

Agent

QUOTE(Darkwing)
Milanius's blade looks great! The way the image is set up gives us both up close details and an overall idea of the size of the weapon. Also the palette is very neutral and natural.  

great work! smile.gif  :goodjob:

Heyyy, thanx !!! Personaly, I`m thinking that Stargelman`s description of it is, actually, much better than the picture itself; but, since it is a 3D model and I am simply not good at lighting & shading in MAX the handle didn`t turned out as I wanted :paperbag2: although it has reflection of its own (it`s polished wood on a brand new greatsword, jeez - reflect already !)... but it`s OK, I`ll live.
Right now I am working on a new weapon - a huge steel greataxe - d12 die-barbarian style - and here`s the sneak preview . I am thinking celtic ornaments right now, so this is far from over... just give me time.

p.s. : on a side note, with all the work in my firm and here at home, my story is suffering sad.gif I`m sorry for the delay, but I hope next week I`ll have some time to explore Morrowind`s regions, think and get something on paper/notepad.

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 23 2005, 09:50 AM
Post #16

Master Gimp
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius)
QUOTE(Darkwing)

Heyyy, thanx !!! Personaly, I`m thinking that Stargelman`s description of it is, actually, much better than the picture itself; but, since it is a 3D model and I am simply not good at lighting & shading in MAX the handle didn`t turned out as I wanted :paperbag2: although it has reflection of its own (it`s polished wood on a brand new greatsword, jeez - reflect already !)... but it`s OK, I`ll live.
Right now I am working on a new weapon - a huge steel greataxe - d12 die-barbarian style - and here`s the sneak preview . I am thinking celtic ornaments right now, so this is far from over... just give me time.

p.s. : on a side note, with all the work in my firm and here at home, my story is suffering sad.gif I`m sorry for the delay, but I hope next week I`ll have some time to explore Morrowind`s regions, think and get something on paper/notepad.

Do you use photoshop much for post rendering? When i do my 3D stuff i often use photoshop to tidy bits up, anti-alias dubious regions and apply a greater sense of detail to the textures.
+Quote Post
milanius
post Feb 23 2005, 11:36 AM
Post #17

Agent

QUOTE(Darkwing)
QUOTE(milanius)
QUOTE(Darkwing)

Do you use photoshop much for post rendering? When i do my 3D stuff i often use photoshop to tidy bits up, anti-alias dubious regions and apply a greater sense of detail to the textures.

Only at work, since we have a legal copy here (at least they say it`s legal kvright.gif ). At home I use some other stuff, but PS is really my main weapon of choice. As for post-rendering... I don`t even know the meaning of that expression tongue.gif nah, I just fool arround with filters, layers and brushes.

--------------------

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 23 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #18

Master Gimp
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius)
QUOTE(Darkwing)
QUOTE(milanius)
QUOTE(Darkwing)

Only at work, since we have a legal copy here (at least they say it`s legal kvright.gif ). At home I use some other stuff, but PS is really my main weapon of choice. As for post-rendering... I don`t even know the meaning of that expression tongue.gif nah, I just fool arround with filters, layers and brushes.

Post-rendering is when you 'tidy' up any rough areas where polys cross each other or joints look a little slack on the model etc
+Quote Post
Warsgoth
post Feb 23 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

Too... many.. quotes!

I agree with minque. Aging people would be neat to see.
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 23 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #20

Master Gimp
Group Icon

QUOTE(Warsgoth)
Too... many.. quotes!

I agree with minque. Aging people would be neat to see.

lol ok i'll try and stop quoting...

oh....bugger
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:37 PM