2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So, What Sports Do Ya Follow?
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 26 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I was just curious to see if any of you gaming nerds (just kidding! tongue.gif) follow any sports.

Personally, I follow NHL hockey (playoffs more specifically), OHL hockey since my team has a team, and mixed martial arts fighting leagues (perferably the UFC).

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Saffas Missionary
post Oct 27 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Evoker

soccer only. Maybe a LITTLE baseball (yeah I live in USA...kinda sucks)

--------------------
IPB Image

Yes, this is my Signiture from another forum and I need a name change :P
+Quote Post
1234king
post Oct 28 2006, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

even though i hail from canada i hate hockey, football is my favorite sport and my favorite team the denver broncos are going all the way

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 28 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I'm dutch and I absolutely HATE football. (Soccer for you american people.) I just don't see its purpose and what with all the aggression lately I completely lost any interest for it. (looking at the red card list takes ages. Yellow, even longer. Not to mention violence from the crowd. I pity the police when football season comes around. Unfortunately, football season seems to last 365 days.) And nope, I don't follow any other sports.
I do find that balancing and riding over an obstacle course with a motorcycle interesting to watch. I could never find that much balance on my bike. My sport? Reading, lots of reading. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Oct 29 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Well, I follow basketball, football, baseball, soccer, and golf.

I play ultimate frisbee competitively, and I used to play collegiate golf (NCAA Division III, I wasn't all that good). When I was much younger I played baseball. I play some recreational basketball and soccer. The only sport I consider myself genuinely good at is ultimate frisbee, and I suppose I'd be a better golfer if I wasn't such a frisbee addict.

So, actually, I'm much more of a sports fanatic than gaming nerd.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 29 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I really do not like any sports-events.....not on TV, not in real life. My husband loves Athletics and watch every single event on tv....So of course I overhear that!

No as Mr Cloudy here, my sport is reading......and writing... tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sir Radont
post Oct 30 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Agent

I love football (American). I played for 10 years, I wish I was more disciplined during high school in the weight room because I could have gone to the NFL (seriously). I also follow hockey (go Redwings!) and I casually followed baseball this year because the Tigers were good for once (shame they lost the world series). I like the Lions even though they are absolutely horrible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Nov 13 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

I like american football, soccer, UFC, lacrosse and rugby.

Fun stuff.. Played nearly 11 years of soccer, several years of football.. I always wanted to play rugby though..

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 13 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Yea, the sports I've played competatively have been soccer for about 5 years, track and field for 2 years, lacrosse (indoor) for 3 years, and hockey for about 10 years.

And to reply to something Channeler said. UFC!! Yea!

Did you see the Scott Smith vs Pete Sell fight over the weekend? That KO was freaking cool! I also thought Chris Lytle deserved the win against Matt Serra, but ohwell.

I need to link that KO though, supposedly my friend said it's on YouTube...

EDIT: Here's the linky: Scott Smith vs Pete Sell Knockout!!

This post has been edited by The Metal Mallet: Nov 13 2006, 10:58 PM

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Nov 13 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

i play soccer and have been for ten or eleven years, and i love watching the world cup. I also like some football, american, and my favorite team is the Steelers, though i also like the Rams. I hate baseball, as i find it incredibly boring. Im not good at basket ball but i like it, i swim, i do indoor track, and outdoor track. I might do tennis this year instead of outdoor track, just to give it a try

Reading, is another favorite "sport," of mine
+Quote Post
SanguineNights
post Nov 14 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #11

Associate

American Football all the way.

The feeling you get when you run out onto the field under the friday night lights, stands crowded with 5000 wild fans, its ecstasy I tell you. Reminds me of that song, "Be True to Your School" by the Beach Boys.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 14 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

well, right now I play tennis for my Middle School, but I don't like sports enough to watch or to branch out. But I used to play soccer (YMCA, not school). But if gaming, reading, and writing truely can be called sports, then yes I'm a champion at those sports. (People at my school think I'm a little weird because I read so much.......
+Quote Post
Sir Radont
post Dec 8 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #13

Agent

QUOTE(SanguineNights @ Nov 13 2006, 08:37 PM) *

The feeling you get when you run out onto the field under the friday night lights, stands crowded with 5000 wild fans, its ecstasy I tell you.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 8 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

i find sports quite boring to watch myself. i watch the superbowl for kicks, and go to high school games just to hang out with friends.

i play(ed) soccer.. but recently i've been too lazy to actually do much.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Shiniku
post Dec 8 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Retainer

I enjoy playing soccor and baseball, and pretty much any sport. It's especially fun to own all thos lousy 8 year olds in my neighborhood in a game of tackle football.

As far as watching sports goes, I pretty much hate it, aside from going to the occasional baseball game (go tampa bay devil rays (no, really!)) watching it on TV though is incredibly bland in my opinion.

*points down* I did not edit this post, it's lying!!! ...

This post has been edited by Shiniku: Dec 8 2006, 11:13 PM

--------------------
Damnation nation, what's your situation?
IPB Image
Click image for my deviant art.
+Quote Post
milanius
post Dec 9 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #16

Agent

Eh, European Football, B-Ball [but much less than before, I've lost interest in NBA indifferent.gif ], Volleyball, Handball, Tennis, X-Games bike and skateboard competitions... actually, I like watching any sport that has participants with grace and skill.
But Mr. Jack is right, football has become too bloody and violent in the last 30 years. I just wish things like the Zidanne headbutt after that idiot insulted his family wouldn't happen, but they do. It's the typical thing for today's football - players have absolutely no respect for each other and they'd stoop so low to insult someone's family, even though they don't know a f***ing thing about them.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 10 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, football players are just jumped up on testosterone (sp.) and something to prove mostly. They sports are only about being the best and getting lots of money. And as for those thousands of boys who want to be sports jocks, well they don't realize that there are thousands who want to be the same thing. And when they get hurt, game over.

And here's something amusing, it seems that some (maybe not all) those hard-core football kids break down in tears when a needle gets within five feet of them, while normal people can take it. Note: this is some, not all of the sports teens in general.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 10 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Haha, that sounds like fightin' words Revan. I basically still play sports because I want to stay active and healthy. It's good to get a good sweat in and the blood pumping. That's why I still play hockey. I certainly know I have no career in becoming a sports star, unless I wanted to be an agent or something, but I really don't want to.

Plus, people use sports to congregate socially. Whether that is to watch them or play them. I know everytime there's a pay-per-view MMA event, me and a bunch of my friends get together and watch it. Of course we get the idea that we can do that stuff so after the event's over we usually wreastle and then get really bad rugburns, but ohwell it's fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 11 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, seriously, I have no professional future in any sport--I just play for fun, and a little healthy competition. My best sport is ultimate frisbee--ain't a whole lot of money in that.

Edit: On a different note, the college basketball season has begun--so now I'm rooting on the University of Illinois Fighting Illini--I grew up in those parts. They're probably not going 37-2 this year (like the 2004-2005 team) but they'll be great to follow.

This post has been edited by canis216: Dec 11 2006, 12:55 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 11 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Well, I don't have anything against sports, it's only the high-contact stuff like football and wrestling (I do wrestle on the bed with my cousin every now and again). I play tennis and do recreational activities, but it stops there. I don't watch sports, nor do I care who wins some championship. At best I just do things for kicks.

And I think extreme sports are almost suiside (some anyway). SO, I'm not leading a protest against sports. I just don't agree with the hard-core people who get angry just beacuse their team loses (something like my dad).
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:21 AM