11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~The Little Coffee-Shop~, Come on in
Fuzzy Knight
post May 6 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Can we stop talking within this subject of tea, coffee and such - I know this is the Coffee Shop but I have no knowledge about such things laugh.gif I'll go and steal a beer from the fridge so we can talk about something else...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 6 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ May 6 2006, 07:06 PM)
I'll go and steal a beer from the fridge so we can talk about something else...

You said it yourself! tongue.gif
Beer is our new subject then! laugh.gif LOL

So everybody:
What's your favorite beer?

Mine's Heineken,or posibly some weaker type like Tuborg.
Depends on the mood really.

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
stargelman
post May 6 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #23

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Staropramen - the beer from the inventors of the Pils.

First drank it in Prague when I was around 16. Great stuff.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 6 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

Hey check this out!

stargelman - Staropramen

Was that an inspiration for your nickname? laugh.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 6 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #25

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Foster @ May 6 2006, 05:42 PM)
I know this is coming out of the blue totally, but seeing as how you can ask questions here I thought I would, rather than start a thread to ask a question. One of the first things I learnt on the forums is never to ask for help because you just get told to shut up. Anyway, you know the role-playing forum? Is that solely for Oblivion/Elder Scrolls stuff? Because I know about an RPG that might starting over pbem that has absolutely nothing to do with the Elder scrolls, and wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning it or not.

I seriously don't see what people see in Coffee, though. Can't stand the stuff, it's like black poison. A nice cup of tea with a squirt of cow juice though, that goes down a right treat.

Ahh but here you can ask without being put off!
Regarding non-TES-related rp....well we did one but it´s not active anymore. But it would be interesting to hear what you were thinking of...you might want to pm me about it!
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 05:58 PM)
Official TES forum?

Well,a lot of people can't understand how can you drink a tea with milk! blink.gif
I know that's quite common in England,but not much everywhere else laugh.gif

Coffee has a certain aroma......A good aroma.Maybe you just didn't have a GOOD cup of coffee biggrin.gif

Tea with milk? hm my dad drinks tea that way...I don´t particularly fancy tea with milk..... laugh.gif
QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 06:04 PM)
Actually, that would depend on the type of tea. Some types go really very well with milk: assam for instance. It's a strong, "bland" aroma that can use a strong partner like milk.

It would be sacrilege to taint the subtle aroma of a fine Darjeeling with anything, though.

It is kind of bitter though. You stop noticing it after a short while, but not everyone is fond of that. Also, a lot of people really like the smell but not the taste. I used to be one of them! I only got into drinking coffee when I was doing civil service, and mainly because I had to cook so much of it and never had a way of knowing if it was any good biggrin.gif

The wonderful bitterness of coffee......ahhhhh

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
1234king
post May 6 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 6 2006, 01:40 AM)
When I said sugar/caffeine rush ... I meant cake/coffee high. But I must admit that my favorite kind of coffee is cappucino ... which I'm sure has sugar in it somewhere. biggrin.gif

my favorite type of coffee is juss plain coffee with some cream. but my favorite of caffinated beverages is a caramel cappucino, or an iced cappucino that you get at tim hortons.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
1234king
post May 6 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

oh sorry didn't know we changed the subject to beer. i've gone to some party's and knocked some back with my friends. i can't steal any from the fridge though becuz my parents don't drink. my favorite type of beer is kokanee.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Foster
post May 6 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #28

Finder
Group Icon

I'm teetotal, haven't had a drink for just over a year. Before that though I was all about the real ales - Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale and Timothy Taylor's 'Landlord' being particular favorites. Most certainly a bitter drinker, I was.

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 6 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

Ah, new fresh coffee-shop? smile.gif Black coffee person myself, but always have a latte macchiato after lunch at work. No milk or sugar in normal black coffee! And only sugar in tea... smile.gif

Relaxing with a cool Guinness now, by the way. My favorite 'beverage with carousel-taste'... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
stargelman
post May 6 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #30

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 06:24 PM)
Hey check this out!

stargelman - Staropramen

Was that an inspiration for your nickname? laugh.gif

Ugh!

Staropramen - Opra? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 6 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 10:26 PM)
Staropramen - Opraohmy.gif

ROFLCOPTER
Your reaction gave me quite a laugh!

I belive her name is 'Oprah'' with an ''h'' though tongue.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 6 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

Cain & I no longer imbibe in alcohol ... but when we did drink beer, back in the band days, our favorite beer was Killian's Red.

I also forgot to say goodbye to Doomed_One. I hope I'm not too late, probably am ... but we shall miss you Doom until your return.

This post has been edited by Ibis: May 6 2006, 09:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Channler
post May 7 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

There was a time, a time when wars were won with courage and honor, when lives were not lost… but given, given knowing there was a destiny greater then their own, when families mourned with silent pride. At a time when mankind was at its worst, we truly saw men at their best. The time has come again… The drums of war beat strong. May all good men come to arms and fight for all the dreams not yet dreamed and the lives not yet lived.

Did anyone famous say this? I found this on a video someone made for BF2 and I couldn't find anything on google.

So whats up peeps? I finished my SATs today.. 5 hours of testing just to see if my 11 years of school actually ment anything.. And I still have to take my course finals like in two weeks.. BUT THEN THE SUMMER!! W00T! HERE I COME BEACH!

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 7 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Good luck on the SAT and the finals, Channler- I am sure you will do well.

Beer- used to love dark beers myself- Heineken dark, Lowenbrau dark, Guiness. Also cream ale. Now I don't drink any alcohol. Makes life better for Mrs. Treydog- and I don't need it...

Been fighting off my second nasty cold of the spring- I thought they were supposed to taper off as we get older....

Take care, all. Mrs. Treydog will be making brownies and raisin bread (I am outa the kitchen until I get well.)

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 7 2006, 04:08 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, since we are chatting in the coffee shop and have said farewell to the Doomed One for a short period of time ... it made me think about Intestinal Chaos and wondering how he and his friends are doing camping out until they can move into their apartment.

I hope all is going well for them. The world can be such a harsh place at times. We who sit in our warm, lit-up little homes huddled to the warmth of our monitor screens don't really think about how lucky we have it, not only to have a home but to be internationally connected on the internet. So tied in.

It's a very different world when you are looking up at the moon without owning a place of your own and you look longingly at the bright windows of the people in the houses and think about what you'd do if you get to be so lucky again. When we lived in our station wagon, I longed for a porch light to turn on every sunset. I finally got a very nice one and now another.

So it shall be for Stomach Ache, I hope. I think he will have to go through this hard time and then will really appreciate what he achieves by his own hand - not handed to him by parents. Never let any of us take for granted the blessings we have. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234king
post May 7 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

i tottaly agree wtih you. that's why i always give money to homeless people when i walk by them. but anyways, where have i been, where is doomed one. and good luck on your finals, and im sure you did superb on your SAT's.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 7 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #37

Finder
Group Icon

Rainer once saw a Street Musician in Banff. (Toursit town in the Provinvce Rainer lives in)

He couldn't think of anything else to do with his money, so he gave him Ten dollars.

Oh, and Rainer will aslo take one of the cakes biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Khajiit Overlord Rainer: May 7 2006, 05:02 AM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
1234king
post May 7 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #38

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 6 2006, 09:01 PM)
Rainer once saw a Street Musician in Banff. (Toursit town in the Provinvce Rainer lives in)

He couldn't think of anything else to do with his money, so he gave him Ten dollars.

Oh, and Rainer will aslo take one of the cakes biggrin.gif

is the province that rainer lives in Alberta, i used to live in banff myself. I'm in B.C rainer, we are practically neighbors.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 7 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool that you guys are neighbors & I will take another peice of cake too, please.

Even cooler that you give money to homeless people, that is very kind. I know many people look down on them - but those same people may not realize that the losing of their job, some snag why unemployment will be delayed to them, the landlord demands immediate payment & oops, they themselves could slide out onto the street. It happens.

I thank both 1234king & Khajiit Overlord Rainer that you are so kind to others less fortunate.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kayla
post May 7 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #40

Agent

Ah. I just got back from Prom. happy.gif It was very special because it was my boyfriend's senior prom. It was really nice and romantic too.

Right in the middle of the dance, a guy proposed to his girlfriend... I've never seen anyone propose to anyone else and it was really cool... Though, I don't think they should be getting married right out of highschool. kvright.gif

We went to an afterparty at a friend's house and played Dance Dance Revolution. biggrin.gif I'm really bad at that game. wacko.gif Especially in high heels.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:16 PM