2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old fan fics you never finished?
ghastley
post Dec 6 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

Unfortunately in my case the stories are driven by the mods I'm building, so an unfinished story also means an unfinished mod. I really have to get back into Evergloam - went to Skyrim for inspiration from Nocturnal there, and haven't made it back yet.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Dec 18 2013, 08:23 AM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't think I have a SINGLE finished fanfic. LOTS of terrible ones. I had one that was actually cool, mostly because I actually had a plan for the tone and pace of the story and lots of plot points. Also I stopped trying to sound all elaborate and went for an ultra stripped-down narration. All the ones before were mostly off the cuff every update. Bad way to write a long story. But those bad ones got me to the good one, and then I didn't finish that one either, so...

Think of it as writing practice. If you want to write, you can only go so far with fan fiction - but it's a good way to practice without having to come up with every detail yourself. The setting is created for you, so you can do whatever you want and just focus on plot and character development, mechanics of writing, descriptions, dialogue, whatever.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 27 2014, 02:23 AM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

Once I get Skyrim for my PC I will hopefully return to either 'Valentine' or 'Sherryl Cristeen: A redguard in skyrim.' Most likely neither haha

There are a couple I had come to enjoy but was saddened to learn that they wouldn't be continued sad.gif My personal example was Jihl of Hart written by the wonderful Heather V.

When I was sick she was very kind to me about my story and wishing my health well, and she shared ideas with me and I let her use a couple of mine.

I have no Idea where she has gone, but I would love to see more of this!

Stories I also miss that weren't finished were 'A Brighter Future' and 'Jess of Valor'. I have to say, I love stories with strong, female leads!
+Quote Post
Alexander
post May 2 2014, 08:57 AM
Post #24

Wizard
Group Icon

There are actually two stories I never finished, one of which I never published.

Way back in 2005 I started writing Alexander in Morrowind, my first attempt at fan fiction. I only wrote two chapters of it and to be honest, wasn't very happy with the way it was progressing.

The other one I wrote not too long after my second finished fan fic "Cyrodiil". It was to be a direct sequel to Cyrodiil, tying in with the Shivering Isles expansion released for Oblivion. I did sort of finish it, but realized It had become a very dark tale for a number of reasons, so I didn't feel comfortable publishing it. I also found it to be of very mixed quality where I spent a lot of effort in some parts, and not nearly enough in others.

I believe so far only Treydog has ever read that one as he's edited my stories before I published them.

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post May 2 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, Treydog seems to be collecting stories-that-people-don't-appear-to-be-finishing-just-yet... biggrin.gif ...

There's a Fallout one that he's got in the depths of his files somewhere... wink.gif biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:05 PM