Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
harvesterofsouls
post Oct 21 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #61

Retainer

i noticed that Renzeekin's the Island mod had new ship models. Thses look realy great. Could you possibly use these?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 22 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #62

Agent

realy????? could you show us image of them?

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 22 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #63

Evoker

QUOTE(harvesterofsouls @ Oct 22 2006, 06:58 AM) *

i noticed that Renzeekin's the Island mod had new ship models. Thses look realy great. Could you possibly use these?

I'm pretty sure Renzeekin is not releasing anything he has done until he is completely finished. And i don't think he has done much other than add full sails, and modify part of the ship a little.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Oct 23 2006, 01:23 AM
Post #64

Retainer

i dont know, but the pic i saw of it looked very diffrent, and very good. Very corsairs of umbarish. Anyway, doesent it make sense that different civilizations should have different ship styles?
+Quote Post
tibmaker
post Oct 27 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #65

Associate

Aye, that kind of oblivion based piracy (instead of caribbean-arrr pirates) fits in pretty well I reckon. I'd be more than happy to hook you guys up with some skin refits for ships and such, though it'd be nice to have .obj's, .3ds, or .max formats to work with instead of nif smile.gif Say, I got plenty of modeling friends that from time to time do pirate ships. I'll try to get together one day to see if we can get some vessels for ye scurvies.

As for myself, I work on a Pirates mod already called BFPirates (bfpirates.com) and I'd really really love to help out this mod. I know it aint much as I never really quite uploaded everything, but http://www.jimtib.com/tibmaker/ is some of my work. My modding includes Battlefield series, Command and Conquer's, Empire at War, Half Life's, on and on. Uh, I can model a little, unwrap good, texture (from scratch) good, I worked with CS already in a few of my oblivion mods, and am an okay writer.

Hope you all can spare some room, because I am really excited about this mod and would do anything for it!
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 27 2006, 05:45 AM
Post #66

Evoker

QUOTE(tibmaker @ Oct 27 2006, 12:30 PM) *

Aye, that kind of oblivion based piracy (instead of caribbean-arrr pirates) fits in pretty well I reckon. I'd be more than happy to hook you guys up with some skin refits for ships and such, though it'd be nice to have .obj's, .3ds, or .max formats to work with instead of nif smile.gif Say, I got plenty of modeling friends that from time to time do pirate ships. I'll try to get together one day to see if we can get some vessels for ye scurvies.

As for myself, I work on a Pirates mod already called BFPirates (bfpirates.com) and I'd really really love to help out this mod. I know it aint much as I never really quite uploaded everything, but http://www.jimtib.com/tibmaker/ is some of my work. My modding includes Battlefield series, Command and Conquer's, Empire at War, Half Life's, on and on. Uh, I can model a little, unwrap good, texture (from scratch) good, I worked with CS already in a few of my oblivion mods, and am an okay writer.

Hope you all can spare some room, because I am really excited about this mod and would do anything for it!

Sorry i haven't replied lately, got caught up and forgot wink.gif You've got some very nice work. I do actually have some meshes that you might be able to help me with, they are rather raw 3ds/obj meshes, if you PM me your email i'll forward them to you if you interested in taking a look. I started a thread hunting a modellor a while ago that has some screenies of the objects:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=561031

Id greatly appreciate a new ship model if you could get someone to do it, it doesn't have to be massive. I'm keen for 3 ships (though by no means expect to get them all or any smile.gif):
- A more portly ship to represent a merchant ship.
- A smaller ship to represent a fishing vessel.
- And maybe a warship for the imperial navy.

I'm not sure what else i need at the moment texture/model wise, but if you can think of anything you would be interested in doing feel free to post it. Thanks a lot for your offer of assistance.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Oct 31 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #67

Retainer

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 17 2006, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Phsyron @ Oct 18 2006, 06:16 AM) *

ok a couple things here.

#1 these ships are puny. you need to make them slightly bigger.

#2 you said something about not having cannons because this doesn't follow Elder Scrolls lore, but the battles just seem unrealistic to me. i mean, what kind of lame Imperial navy just waits for you to board thier ship to attack you? you should have to have a naval battle, where you'd have archers and mages shooting at eachother, tearing holes in sails and seting fire to thier ships and such. you disable thier ship, and they have no choice but to let you board them. THAT'S when you get up next to them, and board the ship.

#3 since pirates jsut don't waer armor, nor should they, you need to let them defend themselves somehow. i say give them block skill, so that when you board the enemy vessel, they start swashbuckling instead of just hitting eachother over the head and such. leave that to the landlubbers, please.

1 - If I had a modellor to do it. I can't just rescale the ships, they would look out of proportion. If you can get me new ship models of a larger size i'd be more than happy to use them. wink.gif

2 - Having ranged battles before hand would be incredibly difficult to script. Picture it like this, the navy spots your ship, the ships close together, pulling up alongside one another, the boarding planks drop and a furious battle ensues between the navy and pirates. As much as i'd love burning the ships and ranged battles beforehand I can't do it. That would require a new game, not just a mod. You will just have to use your imagination.

3 - Good point, i forgot to put block as one of their skills, fixed now.

1. i don't think they would look that out of proportion if you just made them a little bigger, like 110% of current size?

2.yes, you have a dang good point there. but how about having pirates with magic, even? and i know this would probably be hard to script, but would there even be a way to board thier ship some other way than the planks? like a a rope to swing on? i'm not a modder so i don't know, but would there be some way to script a grabbing motion, attatch to a rope, then swing accross using the havok engine?

3. i just thought t looked a little wierd that all the battles consisted of were people beating ewachother over the head with sharp pieces of metle.

4. can we get some really cool hats? i found it hard to tell who was on who's side, and i think hats could fix this, along with just looking cool. cool.gif

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 31 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #68

Retainer

It will be easier to tell with the pirate clothes i made tongue.gif. There are black shirts with red and blue scarf. There is the White and blue stripy shirt with red scarf and I remember seeing Dark_Soul saying he retexed my stripy shirt with red stripes, not only that but I have made some pirate jackets and also Dark_Soul has made clothes along with other people so theres plenty of choice plus there is a hat model that someone has made biggrin.gif.

See the textures and meshes thread for details.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Nov 2 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #69

Retainer

yeah i guess i'd already seen those. but i still want a hat... sad.gif

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Nov 2 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #70

Evoker

QUOTE(Phsyron @ Oct 31 2006, 11:01 AM) *

1. i don't think they would look that out of proportion if you just made them a little bigger, like 110% of current size?

2.yes, you have a dang good point there. but how about having pirates with magic, even? and i know this would probably be hard to script, but would there even be a way to board thier ship some other way than the planks? like a a rope to swing on? i'm not a modder so i don't know, but would there be some way to script a grabbing motion, attatch to a rope, then swing accross using the havok engine?

3. i just thought t looked a little wierd that all the battles consisted of were people beating ewachother over the head with sharp pieces of metle.

4. can we get some really cool hats? i found it hard to tell who was on who's side, and i think hats could fix this, along with just looking cool. cool.gif

Ultimately i would like bigger models instead of just scaling, to retain proportion. There is a first mate that is a mage and another that is an archer, combined with the fact you can now customise your pirates equipment you can easily make pirate archers. Adding a rope you can activate that makes you appear on the other ship is easy to mod, but you can't script animations, you need a modellor to create them for you. There is a tricorn hat, but as of yet no bandana, i'm still after a modellor. As aventhorn mentioned, there is different clothes, merchant sailors all wear a red or blue striped white shirt, and imperial sailors also have their own matching uniform. Theres a bit of confusion with enemy pirates at the moment, but i like that. Plus since you can customise your pirates equipment you can do whatever you want to make them discernable from the enemy pirates.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Nov 2 2006, 02:56 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Sailor Al
post Nov 6 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #71

Associate

I regularly come by here looking forward to another update. This is the best looking extended quest/faction mod going, and it's great to hear of the different steps of development. I hope you're feeling better (last update said you felt sick), and I look forward to sailing the seas again as one of these pirates!
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Nov 13 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #72

Agent

say some question like that when you will have finish this mod will it be compatible with your beta? cuz i like have 100 ship blumber and it would be a shame for it to all go to waste .

and i have been asking myself why the navi ship dont give anybooty point , is it becose when the navi atk you it consider them who are blumber us? it would be cooler if they actuly give point for tracking how many navi ship we kill ( personnaly , becose i know the navy ship are ship in every way , i save befor talking to my first mate befor going looting to be sure i dont unconter them tongue.gif)

also i saw that it impossible to invest into any seller in your mod, pirate dont like my money?

one of my friend who play the mod and try the experimental skoma give me a idea . would it be fun to have that mad scientiste to make a other speacial mixing texture who send you into oblivion each time that you drink it?

and finaly i would be greatefull if there be a third option in the go looting dialo

1-you direct the charge from back
2-you direct the charge from front
3-you go solo and try to kill them all

--------------------
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Nov 16 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #73

Retainer

OMG!!! LOOK AT THE SHIPP IN THE BELLA MORRETA MOD!!! ITS FRICKIN GENIUS!! u gotta use it
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Nov 16 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #74

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Nov 14 2006, 07:41 AM) *

say some question like that when you will have finish this mod will it be compatible with your beta? cuz i like have 100 ship blumber and it would be a shame for it to all go to waste .

and i have been asking myself why the navi ship dont give anybooty point , is it becose when the navi atk you it consider them who are blumber us? it would be cooler if they actuly give point for tracking how many navi ship we kill ( personnaly , becose i know the navy ship are ship in every way , i save befor talking to my first mate befor going looting to be sure i dont unconter them tongue.gif)

also i saw that it impossible to invest into any seller in your mod, pirate dont like my money?

one of my friend who play the mod and try the experimental skoma give me a idea . would it be fun to have that mad scientiste to make a other speacial mixing texture who send you into oblivion each time that you drink it?

and finaly i would be greatefull if there be a third option in the go looting dialo

1-you direct the charge from back
2-you direct the charge from front
3-you go solo and try to kill them all

Sorry the beta will likely not be compatible. I've changed the navy fights now, your reputation goes up when fighting the navy too, you just don't get a manifest for killing them. Though you get almost us much money looting their bodies and the ship.

I'm not too keen on having a go solo option, as the consequences are death. I'm looking at adding pirate captians to challenge to duels, but i don't want to add to many new features at the moment (feature creep being the death of most large mods).

QUOTE(harvesterofsouls @ Nov 16 2006, 09:54 AM) *

OMG!!! LOOK AT THE SHIPP IN THE BELLA MORRETA MOD!!! ITS FRICKIN GENIUS!! u gotta use it

Yeah i've seen it. When i put the final up for download i will be listing a few other mods that people might want to consider running along side my mod, such as the cleaner ship textures (makes all ships look newer) and the inebriation mod. I'm not too keen on including texture replacements in my mod, so i'll leave it up to the individual whether they want to change the look of the ships etc. As i'm releasing the mod as an esm, people can release plugins for the pirate isles that do such things as modify the ships textures, or create other changes.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Nov 17 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #75

Retainer

I'm so glad this is coming close to completion smile.gif. The first of many pirate mods to oblivion, what bethesda should have done a while ago.

I am just proud to have been part of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Nov 25 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #76

Agent

say dark soul will you add one more table to our own ship in the dinner room for our 8 crew mate?

in the final version will all the door be red marked to?

just thought of something in yakudra there a navy fort but why is there no navy ship? is it gone hunting us?

*found a little bad point at the backhouse when your hero is a femelle you cant see what the seller sell*

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Nov 25 2006, 05:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Nov 27 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #77

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Nov 25 2006, 01:46 PM) *

say dark soul will you add one more table to our own ship in the dinner room for our 8 crew mate?

in the final version will all the door be red marked to?

just thought of something in yakudra there a navy fort but why is there no navy ship? is it gone hunting us?

*found a little bad point at the backhouse when your hero is a femelle you cant see what the seller sell*

The dining is done midships now. And I fixed the ownership on a lot of doors, should be fine now.
There is a navy ship, and i have and interior for it, but currently no crew on it.

What is the backhouse? Could you be more specific, including the name of the NPC merchant in question?

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Flightf1
post Nov 27 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #78

Associate

Im pretty sure you said u'v implemented bandannas and hats, if not just ignore me, but if so, will the hair be visible while wearing the bandannas, like underneath not on top?
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Nov 27 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #79

Agent

well backhouse is for japaness it a lot of masage and relasation , it can also be a house full of prostituate and that would be the meening i use tongue.gif . so the only men prostituate in the backhouse etablisement cant sell material to femelle becose the only thing he do say to them is

: should we head up stair?
: YAR PREPAIR TO BE BORD
: no thk

but after you said any of them he dont go to the normal text menu so you cant see is marchandise .I will get is name later today.

Direyn Rethlos

also i read that if you are a high fame pirate you will be atk by bounty hunter do you meen the tow we kill for getting a low price ship or randome spawming bounty hunter who atk you or bounty hunter ship?
also will your piratery skills give you infami point? or just famous point? ( my kajy got 60 in infami and it hard to talk to anybody in this mod without getting butt kik XD)

and i just read that you are planing to make a imperial navy fort? good idea ! a couple a hours ago i just got a idea of quest to go with it , a inffiltration quest , first you most get a imperial ship , after you most make your crew wear imperial navy equipement , and finaly envade the navy outpost and clean the island from those isignificante bastar!!!!!!

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Nov 30 2006, 06:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Nov 30 2006, 06:31 AM
Post #80

Evoker

QUOTE(Flightf1 @ Nov 28 2006, 02:00 AM) *

Im pretty sure you said u'v implemented bandannas and hats, if not just ignore me, but if so, will the hair be visible while wearing the bandannas, like underneath not on top?

I have hats but not bandanas unfortunately. The hats cover the hair completely as otherwise their would be clipping issues on big hairdos, that would poke through the hat. There is a red coloured cloth hanging from the hat that covers where the ears/hair would be. Check out the screenshots for a better idea.

I know ideally it would be good to have hair hanging down but unfortunately i am no modellor, so we'll ahv to make best with what we have.

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Nov 28 2006, 02:59 AM) *

well backhouse is for japaness it a lot of masage and relasation , it can also be a house full of prostituate and that would be the meening i use tongue.gif . so the only men prostituate in the backhouse etablisement cant sell material to femelle becose the only thing he do say to them is

: should we head up stair?
: YAR PREPAIR TO BE BORD
: no thk

but after you said any of them he dont go to the normal text menu so you cant see is marchandise .I will get is name later today.

Direyn Rethlos

also i read that if you are a high fame pirate you will be atk by bounty hunter do you meen the tow we kill for getting a low price ship or randome spawming bounty hunter who atk you or bounty hunter ship?
also will your piratery skills give you infami point? or just famous point? ( my kajy got 60 in infami and it hard to talk to anybody in this mod without getting butt kik XD)

and i just read that you are planing to make a imperial navy fort? good idea ! a couple a hours ago i just got a idea of quest to go with it , a inffiltration quest , first you most get a imperial ship , after you most make your crew wear imperial navy equipement , and finaly envade the navy outpost and clean the island from those isignificante bastar!!!!!!

Ah i know what you mean now, I will fix it. The bounty hunters will appear in towns and will attack you on sight. They won't be aboard ships. I plan on making your pirate rating effect your infamy in a way, but you won't gain an infamy point for every pirate rating point. I am thinking of making it for every 10 points of pirate rating you get 1 point of infamy. Interesting idea, there will be a quest to conquer the fort, but i'm not up to that yet.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Nov 30 2006, 06:33 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:45 PM