Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bug Alert!, quests that give a free training session
Vlan Jod'Rhazor
post Mar 30 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #1

Associate

Major bug here guys. Any quest that gives out a free training session in a skill will bug that skill. You will no longer be able to raise that skill without using ` cheats.

I noticed it when I could not get my mercantile skill above 50. This happened after I did the Hackdirt quest and recieved free merc training. I have also done a fighters guild quest in which I recieved a free training in acrobatics. I jumped for about 10 minutes and my skill stayed at 23 with no visual progress in the skill bar.

Many people are experiencing this bug according to the Oblivion forums. (PC version, not sure on xbox)

I would skill the hackdirt quest until its patched. (Its in Chorrol, Seed-Neeus wants you to find her daughter)

As far as the fighters guild quest, it the Rat troubles quest and you can complete it, just when finished, turn in the culprit instead of taking her reward.

Vlan Jod'Rhazor, retired Imperial Adventurer

Reborn - Vlan Jod Rhazor II *sigh*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Mar 30 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #2

Agent

I am still able to level the skill that the culprit raises for you for the rat problems quest. Are you on the XBox 360?

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Vlan Jod'Rhazor
post Mar 30 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #3

Associate

No, I'm on the PC, but my skill definitly won't go up.

Vlan
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 31 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

hmm odd, I did both of those quests and I raised both of those skills (I decided to not turn that argonian lady in) and I level up in those skills just fine. BTW: I play Oblivion on the 360

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
strra
post Mar 31 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #5

Evoker

QUOTE(Vlan Jod'Rhazor @ Mar 29 2006, 07:00 PM)
Major bug here guys.  Any quest that gives out a free training session in a skill will bug that skill.  You will no longer be able to raise that skill without using ` cheats.

I noticed it when I could not get my mercantile skill above 50.  This happened after I did the Hackdirt quest and recieved free merc training.  I have also done a fighters guild quest in which I recieved a free training in acrobatics.  I jumped for about 10 minutes and my skill stayed at 23 with no visual progress in the skill bar.

Many people are experiencing this bug according to the Oblivion forums. (PC version, not sure on xbox)

I would skill the hackdirt quest until its patched.  (Its in Chorrol, Seed-Neeus wants you to find her daughter)

As far as the fighters guild quest, it the Rat troubles quest and you can complete it, just when finished, turn in the culprit instead of taking her reward.

Vlan Jod'Rhazor, retired Imperial Adventurer

Reborn - Vlan Jod Rhazor II  *sigh*

QFT

on PC, same problem.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Vlan Jod'Rhazor
post Mar 31 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #6

Associate

I wasn't to terribly far in, so I was only pissed for a day or so. =) I've rerolled my charactor and starting anew, but I would like very much not to run into the same problem before its patched...

Please, list here any quests you have completed that have augmented your skills in any way. I would like to do my best to avoid them. It seems like this is a PC problem, so I am sure others would be grateful as well. Thanks guys,

Vlan
+Quote Post
Foster
post Mar 31 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Hasn't happened to me. I did a quest which rewarded me with a few merchantile points, and I've still managed to gain a level in it later.

I have to admit, though, it's now VERY hard for me to level with merchantile, but then maybe that's just because I'm a useless haggler, and just sell my stuff for whatever they offer.

That was the Hackdirt quest, by the by.

This post has been edited by Foster: Mar 31 2006, 04:57 PM

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post Mar 31 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

I play 360.
I haven't done hackdirt, but I've done a number of skill-improving quests (Grey Prince, various DB, etc) and can still improve all those skills.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:59 AM