6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All Things Fallout, A Non Game Specific Discussion Thread
Kane
post Apr 16 2022, 02:02 AM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

New Vegas is a fun game, just finished the MQ. Weird that it ends afterwards unless you reload before the Second Battle for the Hoover Dam. I know Fallout 3 ended like that, too, but they at least changed that with the first DLC for it.

I'll probably play it again at some point and go the independent route instead.

Also, I see what yinz mean about the Mojave being smaller but dense. Can't walk ten meters without tripping over something.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
WellTemperedClavier
post Apr 16 2022, 05:31 AM
Post #62

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Apr 16 2022, 02:02 AM) *

New Vegas is a fun game, just finished the MQ. Weird that it ends afterwards unless you reload before the Second Battle for the Hoover Dam. I know Fallout 3 ended like that, too, but they at least changed that with the first DLC for it.

I'll probably play it again at some point and go the independent route instead.

Also, I see what yinz mean about the Mojave being smaller but dense. Can't walk ten meters without tripping over something.

Are you from Pittsburgh, by any chance?

+Quote Post
Kane
post Apr 16 2022, 12:10 PM
Post #63

Master
Group Icon

Born, raised, and still residing.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 16 2022, 12:18 PM
Post #64

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Apr 16 2022, 01:10 PM) *

Born, raised, and still residing.

So if you post screenshots from The Pit they are not actually from the DLC but from real life? laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Apr 16 2022, 02:48 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Yeas. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 23 2022, 06:16 PM
Post #66

Mouth
Group Icon

The first photos of an in-progress set for the Fallout tv show have been released.

https://collider.com/fallout-series-set-ima...per-duper-mart/

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 23 2022, 08:21 PM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, I'll watch that! Should fit in perfectly on the SiFi channel after it flops in theatres! ohmy.gif

Kidding. Wow look at Super Duper Mart. Haven't read the article so I wonder what part of the apocalypse they'll pick up on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2022, 01:42 AM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

The Super Duper Mart looks cool. Too bad Walton Goggins is in it. I cannot stand that guy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 24 2022, 04:39 AM
Post #69

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 23 2022, 03:21 PM) *

Nice, I'll watch that! Should fit in perfectly on the SiFi channel after it flops in theatres! ohmy.gif

Kidding. Wow look at Super Duper Mart. Haven't read the article so I wonder what part of the apocalypse they'll pick up on.

It's coming to Amazon Prime, so that it is what will actually make me get Prime. But almost nothing has been revealed about the show, save for a handful of actors, the showrunners, and that Todd Howard is executive producing. No word about location or timeline yet.

I hope they pick a place untouched by any of the Fallout games--except for Florida, now that I'm making my own story for that. Kind of weird to say after really wanting to go to post-apocalyptic Florida, but now that I've built my idea of what Fallout: Florida is in my head and in writing, I don't want something completely different (and official) taking its place.

I mean, it would be neat to see live-action versions of places like the Hub (Fallout 1), New Reno (Fallout 2), D.C. (Fallout 3), New Vegas (obviously Fallout: New Vegas), Boston (Fallout 4), and Appalachia (Fallout 76). At the same time, I think the show and the overall lore would be best served by going somewhere completely new. Nods to the events of other games would be cool, though.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 23 2022, 08:42 PM) *

The Super Duper Mart looks cool. Too bad Walton Goggins is in it. I cannot stand that guy.

What's your beef with Walton Goggins? I haven't really seen any of his work so I can't say one way or the other.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the show. Sure, video game adaptations in TV and movie form rarely work well, but I'll reserve judgment until we get a much greater sense of what the show will be. Not going to be one of these goobers that think they know everything about a TV show, video game, etc. when almost nothing has been revealed yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2022, 04:57 AM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

I first became aware of Walton Goggins from the old show The Shield. He plays a thoroughly vile character in it. A weaselly, cowardly, back-stabbing, utterly morally bankrupt scumbag. That has just always stuck with me, whenever I see him. It's no real fault of the actor. He was just playing a role. But that is now him in my head.

Which works fine when he is playing a villain of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 24 2022, 03:03 PM
Post #71

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hmm, doesn't game-to-show adaptations usually fall very flat? indifferent.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2022, 05:06 PM
Post #72

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha yeah Rader, what if they've got it set in Florida? biggrin.gif whistling.gif

Hmm, doesn't game-to-show adaptations usually fall very flat?

That's a good question, Crow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2022, 09:41 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

Game to movie/tv can be successful.

League of Legends to the show Arcane was a massive hit.

The first Silent Hill movie was likewise awesome. The second was much less so. But that was more because it was a sequel than anything else. It was just the classic case of studio execs saying "how can we milk this product that already had a clear ending for more money."

The Resident Evil movies were... Ok I guess. I am pretty sure they were mostly successful. They did make like 6 of them, and are still doing more.

Uncharted was an ok movie. Nothing great, nothing terrible.

I liked the Tomb Raider movie, though again, it was nothing great. Not enough supernatural stuff for me. That would make a better TV show. You could easily do a couple seasons just on the 2014 TR reboot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2022, 11:35 PM
Post #74

Councilor
Group Icon

That's quite a list there. So Resident Evil. Tomb Raider, and Silent Hill. Cool, I should check those out if I can find them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 25 2022, 01:15 AM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

The Resident Evil movies are very hit or miss. The first was good. The second was awful. The third was good, etc...

Likewise the Tomb Raider movie did not set the world on fire. It was just ok. I think a lot of people went into it with expectations that it could not live up to, and ended up disappointed. I went in with really low expectations, given the two Angelina Joile Tomb Raider movies in the 00s. I definitely prefer watching Alicia Vikander to Angelina Jolie. She's a better actress. So for me the 2018 movie was my favorite of the Tomb Raiders.

Silent Hill was just good all around. Excellent horror movie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 25 2022, 12:50 PM
Post #76

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 24 2022, 08:15 PM) *

I went in with really low expectations,

Maybe this is why I've never watched any of these. It's not that I expect they'll be good or bad, more like I'll expect they won't be true to the game. Sort of like Stephen King books turned into movies. The Shining and Carrie were well-done, or at least they stay true to the books, but from there, all the others I've seen are just so damn corny, or campy even. Goofy. Not scary/dramatic at all. mad.gif

And with King, I think it's more a discrephancy between author and director/producers. The main diff with this upcoming Fallout movie is that Todd himself is involved. unsure.gif

I wanna check out that Silent Hill movie, maybe because I never played the game. I won't have any expectations.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 25 2022, 12:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 4 2022, 02:41 PM
Post #77

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just saw a thumbnail for a video on youtube on Fallout: London. Is that a thing, guys? I ask because I didn't bother to watch the video... tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 4 2022, 03:45 PM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 4 2022, 09:41 AM) *

Just saw a thumbnail for a video on youtube on Fallout: London. Is that a thing, guys? I ask because I didn't bother to watch the video... tongue.gif

Yeah, it's a giant mod for Fallout 4 set in—surprise!—London. You probably saw the thumbnail for the gameplay trailer that was released not too long ago, but it didn't show much real gameplay like combat. Just a little bit of walking around at the beginning and a small teaser of the story.

They're fairly close to being done with it, from what I understand—as in next year, I think. I'm looking forward to it. I'm confident it won't turn out like Fallout: The Frontier did. Bethesda themselves have even hired a couple people from the mod, including the woman who was the head writer, so that bodes well for the mod's quality.

They also have a website that talks about some of the lore and other stuff that will be featured in. It's pretty cool.

https://fallout4london.com/

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Aug 4 2022, 03:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 5 2022, 10:37 AM
Post #79

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, so it's a mod. Almost thought it was a spinoff or something, like NV.

Cheers!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 9 2023, 11:11 PM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

This made me chuckle. And it's so accurate.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:31 PM