Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Skyrim race photos
mALX
post Aug 25 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Aug 24 2011, 04:46 PM) *

I wasn't expecting Tolkien elves, either, but take one look at those female Dunmer and tell me that you didn't need to look again to figure out they were female. When you end up with gender-neutral faces like that, you did something wrong, period.

I have to agree with you totally on this Master Chef TK. And if they have to be non-gender specific, I'd rather see them allow the women to look femine. And what is with the dirty skin? It is Skyrim, there is snow everywhere ... they can't melt some down and wash their faces?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 25 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #62

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa, Altmer! I like the magical-looking eye colors. I wish the Bosmer had that green, though, the green of new leaves. Maybe I’ll make a tough Altmer who has survived a lot, and looks it. Never considered playing an Altmer before!

ETA: I’m going to have to try to be conservative with the dirt during character creation, or I’ll end up with the filthiest mer in Skyrim. Maybe there will be a perk for “Wash Your Face.” laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Aug 25 2011, 12:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Helena
post Aug 25 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #63

Agent

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Aug 24 2011, 10:12 PM) *
The Dunmer - Actually. They may not be our version of 'beautiful' but..this is the Dunmer done right. Most of you are Oblivion fans who've never played Morrowind, therefore, you don't truly know the lore. In fact Destri Melarg, I'm almost disappointed, for all your knowledge of TES lore, you don't know the story written by a certain god, who was alive and there when Azura cursed the Chimer?

I'm a Morrowind fan and I strongly disagree. The story only states that Azura changed their skin and eye colour, not that she made them ugly as sin. There's nothing in lore to say that Dunmer are supposed to be unattractive (if you can overlook their rather strange colouring) and plenty of references to individual Dunmer being beautiful/handsome, even from a human point of view. Seriously, there's a middle way in between 'Tolkien bishies' and 'ghastly freaks of nature'.

As for the Altmer, who definitely are supposed to be beautiful, don't even get me started. I think the main problem is that there's not enough variation between the different human or Elven races. Redguards should not look like palette-swapped Imperials, and ditto for High Elves and Dark Elves.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Aug 26 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Helena @ Aug 25 2011, 02:43 PM) *
I'm a Morrowind fan and I strongly disagree. The story only states that Azura changed their skin and eye colour, not that she made them ugly as sin. There's nothing in lore to say that Dunmer are supposed to be unattractive (if you can overlook their rather strange colouring) and plenty of references to individual Dunmer being beautiful/handsome, even from a human point of view. Seriously, there's a middle way in between 'Tolkien bishies' and 'ghastly freaks of nature'.

Quarrel! Quarrel! Do you quarrel, Miss?!

As for the Altmer, who definitely are supposed to be beautiful, don't even get me started. I think the main problem is that there's not enough variation between the different human or Elven races. Redguards should not look like palette-swapped Imperials, and ditto for High Elves and Dark Elves.

Aye, than you do but keep the peace.
+Quote Post
Helena
post Aug 26 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #65

Agent

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Aug 26 2011, 03:16 AM) *
Quarrel! Quarrel! Do you quarrel, Miss?!

I'm always up for a good quarrel. wink.gif In all seriousness, I agree that the faces are much better than Oblivion, and it's clear that the character creator could be used to make nice-looking faces. I'm just not very impressed with those presets. (They all need a good wash, for a start.)
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Aug 31 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #66

Knower
Group Icon

Oh my. A Dunmer woman with a dog. Familiar wink.gif

On the topic of races, I like the fierceness of the Dunmer. I wouldn't call it ugly straight out, but I don't like the eyebrow ridges. They remind me of one of the aliens on Deep Space Nine. :/ Hopefully when customizing you can fix it.

And about the dog, I really, really hope you can give it commands... like telling it not to follow you into the dangerous cave. I remember they did pets in Morrowind and I was very upset when my scrib died. If my dog gets hurt I might cry sad.gif

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Sep 1 2011, 04:25 AM
Post #67

Knower
Group Icon

Alright, I haven't commented in here recently, and not only on account of my imminent move. Two reasons:

1) I have already expressed my opinions on the presence (for Argonians) and general structure (for Khajiit) that mammary glands should follow for the beast races.

2) I haven't been able to articulate a proper opinion on the elves, mostly since I didn't know what kept bothering me about them. I now think I have hit upon it, and while I know that what I am about to propose is going to draw immediate fire from the elf-supremacy faction (HAIL DRAGONBORN, HEIR To The EMPIRE Of MEN!!), as well as certain others, it is the solution that appeals most to me.

What I intend to do is this: swap out the general presets on the Bosmer and Altmer facial architecture, while keeping the color scheme and hair styles of each similar to the original (I may need to make the Haughty Elves just a little more golden/yellow).

I know, I know, it may be a little tough to visualize, but the Altmer seem to have the more 'wild look' and the Bosmer the more 'refined look' (if such things can be qualified, which I have difficulty doing). So while I like the respective selection of tattoos and hair styles, I just can't see myself keeping the general facial types categorized the same as they are now.

I know that this does not nearly satisfy some people. Tolkien is never going to be forgotten or overcome, and the original stories of the Fair Folk as beings that should never, ever be trusted without taking due care and consideration for one's own sake have pretty much fallen by the wayside (unless you happen to read stuff done by people that do their research). Allow me to reiterate that I have a problem with Tolkien's characterization of elf-folk, in case it was missed.

But now I have a solution that, if somebody else doesn't appropriate first, will be one of the first things I mod upon learning the new Creation Kit. My Altmer will look more mage-y (not a word, yet) and my Bosmer will look more like foresters and hunters. Most importantly, I'll be able to see the general characteristics that's contained in the lore match what happens in the game, while making sure to avoid the one over-used character that should apply to only a very fractional few in the rugged and dragon-infested province of Skyrim: Wimps. They need not apply.

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:30 PM