6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General RPG discussions
Acadian
post Apr 5 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #61

Paladin
Group Icon

Orcs first became interesting to me with TES. I can't help thinking of their nature as that of Star Trek Klingons. Generally driven by honor and their own unique code.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 5 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 5 2020, 01:33 PM) *

I think WoW really made Orcs mainstream. Though Warhammer certainly had a hand in it as well. I have liked Orcs since Shadowrun. I had an Ork rigger named Butch. His dog was Sundance.

Awwww that’s adorable! wub.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 5 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

Butch was a fun character to play. He was a total inexperienced newbie at Shadowrunning. He literally froze up after the first time he shot someone, and had to be dragged away by the others. Another character - an experienced merc named Johnny - took him under his wing and mentored him.

One of the funniest things that ever happened with him was he came home and found a bomb in his house. So he called up Johnny and said:

"I think there's a bomb in my house! What do I do?"

so Johnny says:

"Well, get out!"

D&D Female Character Dump (love the dwarf 2nd down, and the samurai woman later)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 5 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 5 2020, 04:13 PM) *

Butch was a fun character to play. He was a total inexperienced newbie at Shadowrunning. He literally froze up after the first time he shot someone, and had to be dragged away by the others. Another character - an experienced merc named Johnny - took him under his wing and mentored him.

One of the funniest things that ever happened with him was he came home and found a bomb in his house. So he called up Johnny and said:

"I think there's a bomb in my house! What do I do?"

so Johnny says:

"Well, get out!"

D&D Female Character Dump (love the dwarf 2nd down, and the samurai woman later)

Did Butch get called “Chummer”? laugh.gif

Those D&D ladies are really neat! My GF’s main character is a female Dwarven Barbarian. Big ol’ beard. That’s not her or my artwork, just a close approximation of what she looks like.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 6 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

Everyone gets called a chummer is Shadowrun, chummer. Usually right after being told to slot and run...

Dwarven women with beards! ohmy.gif Even as much of a feminist as I am, I can't get on board with that one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 6 2020, 04:03 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 5 2020, 07:28 PM) *

Everyone gets called a chummer is Shadowrun, chummer. Usually right after being told to slot and run...

Dwarven women with beards! ohmy.gif Even as much of a feminist as I am, I can't get on board with that one.

Lol, she loves it! Supposedly one of the newer source books has an NPC Dwarven lady sporting a beard.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 11 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

I guess this is the best place to put this. There was an interesting interview someone did with Todd Howard about general Bethesda stuff. They only slightly touched on Starfield and TESVI, but there was some very interesting discussion about The Todd's time with Bethesda. Some of it I had heard before but there was a lot of new stuff to me.

But perhaps what stood out to me most were some of The Todd's pretty candid responses about things like Fallout 76's rough launch (and analogizes it somewhat to that of ESO's) and other stuff in Bethesda games that didn't work as well as was hoped, if at all. It's just over an hour long, but I recommend watching the whole thing.

Link to: Going Nuclear: The Story of Todd Howard & Bethesda | Develop:Brighton Digital 2020

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 11 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #68

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool, thanks for posting. I'll check it out when I have time (as well as Chapter 9).

Interviewer (paraphrased): You've done your first MMO with 76. Will you be going any more?

Todd (paraphrased): Well, never say never. Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI are both going to be single-player ...

Renee: smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 12 2020, 02:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 27 2020, 08:46 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

I see that Horizon Zero Dawn has been out for PC for a few months now. But it is Windows 10 only. That might be enough to convince me to upgrade my gaming PC to 10. But I am not sure. I will have to look at some gameplay videos to get a better feel of what the game is really like.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 27 2020, 01:37 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 27 2020, 01:46 AM) *

I see that Horizon Zero Dawn has been out for PC for a few months now. But it is Windows 10 only. That might be enough to convince me to upgrade my gaming PC to 10. But I am not sure. I will have to look at some gameplay videos to get a better feel of what the game is really like.

Supposedly, the game is some kind of masterpiece. Obviously opinions may vary from person to person, but the general consensus is that it’s a truly great game.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 27 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 27 2020, 07:37 AM) *

Supposedly, the game is some kind of masterpiece. Obviously opinions may vary from person to person, but the general consensus is that it’s a truly great game.

I heard a lot of great things about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. But after I played it, I was felt it was just meh. I did not like the feel of the controls at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 28 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 27 2020, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 27 2020, 07:37 AM) *

I heard a lot of great things about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. But after I played it, I was felt it was just meh. I did not like the feel of the controls at all.

Yeah the controls for all of the AC games are a might wonky, lol. Takes some getting accustomed to.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 14 2020, 12:20 AM
Post #73

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 26 2020, 11:46 PM) *

SubRosa, if you do try Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, would love to hear your thoughts.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 14 2020, 01:50 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

I did update my gaming PC to Windows 10. So I might try Horizon. Gog will probably have a sale a week or two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 14 2020, 02:28 PM
Post #75

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 13 2020, 07:50 PM) *

I did update my gaming PC to Windows 10.

Oh gosh, was this a harrowing experience? Maybe not. Maybe by now you know all the pitfalls. mellow.gif I've heard all kinds of horror stories.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 14 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 14 2020, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 13 2020, 07:50 PM) *

I did update my gaming PC to Windows 10.

Oh gosh, was this a harrowing experience? Maybe not. Maybe by now you know all the pitfalls. mellow.gif I've heard all kinds of horror stories.

I found it quite easy.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 14 2020, 04:04 PM
Post #77

Paladin
Group Icon

I've been running W10 for quite some time. I don't remember when I went to it but it's been at least a year or more - pretty soon after it came out. No problems, no complaints.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 14 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #78

Councilor
Group Icon

Okay good. Was just curious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 14 2020, 11:40 PM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

It wasn't that bad. I have been using Windows 10 on my laptop for a couple of years, so I got all the surprises out of my system. The update itself was simple. Afterward I had to go through all the usual things of creating new file associations, setting desktop colors, wallpapers, and the like. The same as any time you install Windows. Thankfully it has been out long enough for people to create programs to fix the largest things I dislike, like the inability to customize the start menu, the removal of the recent items list, and putting the file properties window on the side rather than the bottom. I had to reinstall several games to get them to work. But they did eventually work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 13 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #80

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 14 2020, 02:40 PM) *

It wasn't that bad. I have been using Windows 10 on my laptop for a couple of years, so I got all the surprises out of my system. The update itself was simple. Afterward I had to go through all the usual things of creating new file associations, setting desktop colors, wallpapers, and the like. The same as any time you install Windows. Thankfully it has been out long enough for people to create programs to fix the largest things I dislike, like the inability to customize the start menu, the removal of the recent items list, and putting the file properties window on the side rather than the bottom. I had to reinstall several games to get them to work. But they did eventually work.

Well, there ya go! With Total War Amazon done, might it be time for you to be our guinea pig for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:15 PM