> ESO Screenshots, ... and pictures of your TV
mALX
post Nov 25 2019, 05:39 PM
Post #1721

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 25 2019, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 25 2019, 09:03 AM) *

None of Khajiit’s characters have ever stepped foot in Cyrodiil (unless you count the Gold Coast, which we don’t because it’s separate from the rest of Cyrodiil in this game).

Lore-wise, it is separated from the rest of Cyrodiil in ESO as well, seceding from the greater province. But there is a lot of fun to be had in Cyrodiil, as long as you like PvPing or don't mind the threat of it too much. And if you were looking for some skill points, there's 15 from skyshards alone.

But yeah, if you are not into PvP at all, then it is probably not going to be a fun time for you.

Cyrodiil/the Alliance War is some of the greatest role play in a game that I've ever experienced. That Alliance War with the siege weapons and breaking down the Keep walls/repairing them; destroying bridges so the enemies can't reach you without repairing the bridge; etc. = a total blast to play; and you can't help but immerse yourself into the role for your Alliance.

Not just that; but in PvP = you are not fighting a mindless monster whose AI can be learned and overcome; you are fighting a thinking foe who can come up with tricks you never even dreamed of; and can use stealth; and sometimes can decide the fight isn't worth it and salute you and go your separate ways without a kill, etc.

I LOVE gameplay in Cyrodiil; despite I am not great at PvP.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 25 2019, 09:03 AM) *

None of Khajiit’s characters have ever stepped foot in Cyrodiil (unless you count the Gold Coast, which we don’t because it’s separate from the rest of Cyrodiil in this game).

Oh, I LOVE the Gold Coast! And yeah, it is most def separate from the rest of Cyrodiil = not a PvP zone. But didn't they do a great job of making it feel like Anvil? I get really great nostalgia feelings every time I go there (minus the Dark brotherhood part of it, lol).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 25 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #1722

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 22 2019, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 21 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Rader – Some intense action pix of Cincy in Cyrodiil! That is a busy, scary place sometimes. ohmy.gif

Indeed. Unless you are at or near CP810, coming up against a group of two or more players on your own is an automatic death sentence. I haven't gone out of my way to do so; it only happens when I am just exploring or completing quests.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 22 2019, 01:28 PM) *

That's some heavy combat taking place in Cyrodiil! Maybe Cincy will be the new Emperor? wink.gif

Nice to see names of familiar locations from Oblivion.

Ha, I doubt the title of Emperor is in Cincy's future. He would have to get insanely powerful and proficient at PvP.

And it you like seeing familiar locations, wait until you see this list (unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to them in this game, but it is still nice to see them). This list is of Cyrodiilic Explorations.

"Jauffre would be one to know. He lives quietly as a monk, in..."

Our guild's hometown!

Oh...oh no...That's not supposed to be there...

You can't see me...

In timeout

The long fall from White Falls Mountain

Not so sinister a place this time

Bruma's Dark Anchor

Cloud Ruler Temple heading up the clouds (unfortunately, you can't even enter)

Imperial City in the distance

Master of art

I'm not as think as you drunk I am

Away from the rage of battle

Still need that beauty rest

The Pact Sentinel

I loved the feeling of finding these places in ESO; though they didn't do as good a job of keeping the feel of the place like they did in the "Skyrim" areas like Eastmarch; "The Rift" (and especially Riften), etc. I guess they didn't realize people would remember what the town's layouts were; or that we might expect it to look at least similar (like they did with Riften, Anvil, etc). (which is what Acadian meant by the nostalgia being only in the names of the places).

Cheydinhal and Cropford were other warm feely names that they didn't do as well in the execution as the name gave hope to; but I think they did pretty good on making the Ayleid Ruins look closer to what we expected. Another one they did really well was the Ancestor Moth's place.

Some of the problem might be Molag Bal's attack on the major cities of Cyrodiil with his Dark Anchors; but that can't account for all of it.

On your screenshots:

The Artist ones are hysterical!!! I haven't run into that NPC yet; boy will I talk to her if I do after this, rollinglaugh.gif

I love how you captured the moment as you arrived in each of the towns; especially since you had just seconds to get those shots!!!

My favorite shots are the relaxations away from battle = really can feel how tired one might be and wanting to catch a moment in war where you can just rest for a second and notice the beautiful land around you = really great shots!!!

Oh = on that "Pact Sentinel," is that the Southern Morrowind Gate? I like that base; it used to be a nice place to hang out between missions!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 25 2019, 08:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 25 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #1723

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 25 2019, 04:52 AM) *

@RaderOfTheLostArk - great screenies from Cyrodiil. Nice to see that there are peaceful ares too. Cincy, as always, looks great in red & black.

Hackdirt is that old already? ohmy.gif Is there some story involved with it?

Looks like Bruma is destined to be in the clutches of Oblivion.

---

Pia Khan & Shonta Quassan

"This dame will help me find the final skyshard of Deshaan."

"Done and done."

"Good morning."

Lute player in Stormhold

Egg-kin

---

The name of the lute player was Universal Deity, I wrote it down if we ever see him again. Shonta enjoyed watching him, he clapped and danced around. He was playing the lute almost the entire time while I was online, because Shonta passed him many times. Later on Shonta wanted to give him some gold, but by then he was already gone.

Aw, you got shots of Pia and Shonta's meeting! I forgot to, darn it!

Your fiery lizard pet is adorable!!! I have the yellow baby; which is not nearly as cute!

I am dying to know more about this pic: "Good Morning." Where was that taken? What an interesting pic!!!

All great shots!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 25 2019, 09:18 PM
Post #1724

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 25 2019, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 23 2019, 07:57 PM) *

But the foul water fishing is all around the edge of Lake Rumare, and that's contested territory. So getting there was an issue. And there are notices about not going in the deep water because of slaughterfish. It appears that "deep water" includes damp patches of grass, because he was suddenly back at the start with scarred ankles.

Much of the design around the edges of Lake Rumare really bugs me in this game. I'm fine with a slaughterfish infestation preventing crossing over to the Imperial City island, but when I am standing in actual two-inch water I shouldn't be getting eviscerated by them. You can't even see them! This became even more of a nuisance when I was doing this quest called "Nirnroot Wine." You have to retrieve something called Red Mountain Ash (which you mine apparently, instead of pick like a reagent as I expected), which only grows on the edges of Lake Rumare. Very "conveniently" a bunch of them were in spots where I had to jump down to the shore but could not climb back up outcroppings. The only way out, theoretically, is to...swim through the slaughterfish-infested waters, but you won't be able to get out in time before you die.

Another thing that annoys me is that if you jump in to help Imperial soldiers fighting the daedra at the bridges, you often inexplicably get an invincible Daedric Titan and/or Daedroth(s). Usually one of them can be killed, but the others you can't do any damage to at all. One time in my latest excursion to Cyrodiil, I actually managed to kill all three of them (1 Daedric Titan, 2 Daedroths) and even damage that Dremora spellcaster on that particular bridge from a distance (you can't get too close, or whatever spell suspends the bridge automatically kills you). I got the Dremora down to 0 health...and they still didn't die! They kept casting spells at me.

I just don't get some of the design choices there. Very frustrating. On the bright side, it is still interesting to go around those areas to explore a bit.

ohmy.gif You were able to solo the Titan? HOLY CRAP !!!!!!! That is just a group World Boss; you can't get to the Imperial City by crossing that bridge anyway. The only way to get to the Imperial City used to be by going through the sewers (entrances along the shores of the Rumare) = now, of course you can go there by choosing it as a campaign just like choosing a campaign for Cyrodiil. That bridge has never been accessible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #1725

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, look at Pia and Shonta hanging out. That's amazing you can take pics in the middle of the game like that. I'm always too caught up in the moment if Ana or Anita meets up with someone else.

[u]Rader: nice, Chorrol looks like Chorrol! Funny how over a thousand years have passed .... place hasn't changed much. smile.gif

Whoa look at White Gold Tower from a distance! Looks like an alien ship!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 17 2019, 01:47 PM) *

You can actually center the camera in settings. Khajiit likes to bring it closer to the center for all of his characters.

YES I discovered this feature buried in the menus at some point, and so therefore my character is always dead-center on the screen, unless I zoom in really close.

See it's good in a way I had so much trouble setting up my Xbox/PC controller, because I literally went through every function and feature and toggle in those menus, and discovered quite a few cool things.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 25 2019, 09:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 26 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #1726

Councilor
Group Icon

As promised, boring pictures of a Khajiit fishing. Note the lack of variety in the poses.

From the rocks - there are a lot of places where it's hard to find anywhere you can stand and still reach the fishing hole.

From the Docks

On a box

For a Lox

It was about this time he decided to go to Artaeum and invest time in finding the Pickled Fish Bowl recipe.
Khajiit has an Idea

Warm Waters

Shadowfen Dawn

He got stuck for a while in Auridon with one particularly rare fish, but ...
The one that DIDN"T get away!

And Cyrodiil left its (slaughterfish) scars on him, but eventually ...
Final Fish
Achievement
Trophy

This post has been edited by ghastley: Dec 8 2019, 05:37 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 01:17 AM
Post #1727

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2019, 03:40 PM) *

Whoa look at White Gold Tower from a distance! Looks like an alien ship!

What looks like an alien ship over the White Gold Tower is actually a "Dark Anchor" = meaning Molag Bal is attacking the Imperial City. The Imperial City is over-run with Daedra just like it was in the final battle of Oblivion's main questline. (but with the added fun of PvP on top of the Daedra, lol).

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 25 2019, 06:48 PM) *

As promised, boring pictures of a Khajiit fishing. Note the lack of variety in the poses.

From the rocks - there are a lot of places where it's hard to find anywhere you can stand and still reach the fishing hole.

From the Docks

On a box

For a Lox

It was about this time he decided to go to Artaeum and invest time in finding the Pickled Fish Bowl recipe.
Khajiit has an Idea

Wram Waters

Shadowfen Dawn

He got stuck for a while in Auridon with one particularly rare fish, but ...
The one that DIDN"T get away!

And Cyrodiil left its (slaughterfish) scars on him, but eventually ...
Final Fish
Achievement
Trophy

WOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!! I love getting the scenic tour of the fishing Master Fisher Achievement !!!!!!! I have two absolutely tied as my favorites here: "Khajiit Has An Idea," and "Shadowfen Dawn." Spectacular photography skills in both of these!!!!

** And as a side note; loved the Doctor Suess too!!! laugh.gif

A HUGE Congrats on getting that Achievement; that was hard and well earned !!!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 26 2019, 01:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 26 2019, 01:26 AM
Post #1728

Paladin
Group Icon

'Grats, ghastley! I think fishing screenshots are all about posing for the background - and you've got several beauties in there. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 29 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #1729

Master
Group Icon

@ghastley - is that vessel a reward for completing the fishing "questline"? Can you use it to travel around?

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 25 2019, 01:34 PM) *
Glad to see Shonta has been able to go home to the Marsh. From where exactly does he hail in your backstory for him?

From some small village deep in the Black Marsh but he spent most of his time on ships in employ of various trading companies.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 25 2019, 08:34 PM) *
I am dying to know more about this pic: "Good Morning." Where was that taken? What an interesting pic!!!

It was taken in the Stormhold Inn.

---

Nen Ria

"My friend Billy."

Against the Mummy

Foggy

Shonta & Anita Greatsword at the Lady's

Dungeoneering

Where did Shonta's hand go?

On the coast

Skyshard for Anita

Shonta Quassan as close as can get

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 29 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1730

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley consults his Dr. Seuss book. laugh.gif All we need now is "In his Socks."

I love the sun-halo around Cat's head.

------------------

Dang, Lopov beat me to it! (I knew you would). Wow, I really like the sideways shot of Anita on the beach. Funny thing is, you're about to see a mirror image of a similar shot.

We had great fun dungeoneering!

Dear Anita

Posing at Adrano

Seyda Neen

Shonta meets my Nord

Cooling our britches (Anita was afraid the nearby billies would attack. They don't seem to like water, though).

Bread & Soup

Wanderlust

Anita's new mate

Pwning a nix hound (I think)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 29 2019, 02:22 PM
Post #1731

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov -
Nen Ria is a beautiful example of why Buffy enjoys Shadowfen.
How nice that Shonta and Anita were able to get together and adventure some.
Getting handy with Anita there. wink.gif

Renee –
So nice to see your shots of Anita.
Looks like she and Shonta had fun!
Anita's new mate. Awww. happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 29 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #1732

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 29 2019, 07:42 AM) *

@ghastley - is that vessel a reward for completing the fishing "questline"? Can you use it to travel around?

Yes, it's the reward for the Master Fisher/Angler achievement, but no, it's just a furnishing, and stays stuck in one place. Not only that, but you have to buy it.

But it's the only boat furnishing, which is why we got it. Having built a dock at Hunding's, a boat was necessary. Well, we wanted a ship, but there's no option.

I must get some in-game shots of Clark, but in the interim, here's his bio page.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 29 2019, 07:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 3 2019, 01:44 AM
Post #1733

Councilor
Group Icon

Candidates for my unused character slot that came with Elsweyr:

I can't make a Silanu in ESO, the sliders don't go that far. Even a Gilda would be out of range. The opposite end, the slender Bosmer, has been done already, and I already have a pure archer. Meena the Breton would insist on riding a Unicorn.

So the options left included Kintyra of Falkreath who appeared in one of the Red Dragon Club quests, and the stand-alone Falkreath mod.

Cybelline of Sunhold, derived from the "damsel in this dress" recruited from Bravil for Gweden, after she failed to get Gellius Terentius to give up his skooma.

And one from the latest mod - Leveque Lazare, a necromancer who's been bothering Gilda's cousin, Greta, and turning her into a Succubus.

Should I take a vote? I won't be doing anything until Clark is completely built, anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 3 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #1734

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian - Shadowfen isn't just Shonta Quassan's favorite region, it's mine as well. I love swamps, that's why I also love Point Lookout in Fallout 3. wub.gif Swamps and deserts are my favorite settings, followed by snowy regions.

@ghastley - Clark is looking good! I'd go with Leveque Lazare, becaose of his cool robe and because necromancers seem to be rare.

---

One for SubRosa

Absorbing

No chances for Urrai

Dancing in Hissmir

Dolmen explodes

Destroying the anchor

On the bridge

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 3 2019, 01:10 PM
Post #1735

Paladin
Group Icon

Beautiful blue-eyed kitty.

Neat angle on grabbing that skyshard.

Wow, you’ve got some well-timed good action shots here!

Dance of the lizards and salamanders!

On the bridge is a good example of why those who love Shadowfen feel that way.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 3 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #1736

Ancient
Group Icon

Aww, cute kitties, happy dances, and Death Star explosions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 3 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #1737

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 25 2019, 01:34 PM) *
Glad to see Shonta has been able to go home to the Marsh. From where exactly does he hail in your backstory for him?

From some small village deep in the Black Marsh but he spent most of his time on ships in employ of various trading companies.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 25 2019, 08:34 PM) *

It was taken in the Stormhold Inn.

---

Nen Ria

"My friend Billy."

Against the Mummy

Foggy

Shonta & Anita Greatsword at the Lady's

Dungeoneering

Where did Shonta's hand go?

On the coast

Skyshard for Anita

Shonta Quassan as close as can get

Wow, now THAT is a close-up! "On the Coast" is a gorgeous screen! All of these shots are great; but that one is my favorite!

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 29 2019, 08:13 AM) *

ghastley consults his Dr. Seuss book. laugh.gif All we need now is "In his Socks."

I love the sun-halo around Cat's head.

------------------

Dang, Lopov beat me to it! (I knew you would). Wow, I really like the sideways shot of Anita on the beach. Funny thing is, you're about to see a mirror image of a similar shot.

We had great fun dungeoneering!

Dear Anita

Posing at Adrano

Seyda Neen

Shonta meets my Nord

Cooling our britches (Anita was afraid the nearby billies would attack. They don't seem to like water, though).

Bread & Soup

Wanderlust

Anita's new mate

Pwning a nix hound (I think)

Anita is beautiful! And I'm so glad she is getting to spend time with Shonta still! Really great screenshots of your visit together!!!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 29 2019, 09:54 AM) *

Yes, it's the reward for the Master Fisher/Angler achievement, but no, it's just a furnishing, and stays stuck in one place. Not only that, but you have to buy it.

But it's the only boat furnishing, which is why we got it. Having built a dock at Hunding's, a boat was necessary. Well, we wanted a ship, but there's no option.

I must get some in-game shots of Clark, but in the interim, here's his bio page.

Wow, you did an amazing job on Clark's face! Awesome to see him in this game; it just wouldn't be Gweden without Clark!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 2 2019, 07:44 PM) *

Candidates for my unused character slot that came with Elsweyr:

I can't make a Silanu in ESO, the sliders don't go that far. Even a Gilda would be out of range. The opposite end, the slender Bosmer, has been done already, and I already have a pure archer. Meena the Breton would insist on riding a Unicorn.

So the options left included Kintyra of Falkreath who appeared in one of the Red Dragon Club quests, and the stand-alone Falkreath mod.

Cybelline of Sunhold, derived from the "damsel in this dress" recruited from Bravil for Gweden, after she failed to get Gellius Terentius to give up his skooma.

And one from the latest mod - Leveque Lazare, a necromancer who's been bothering Gilda's cousin, Greta, and turning her into a Succubus.

Should I take a vote? I won't be doing anything until Clark is completely built, anyway.

My vote is for Kintyra of Falkreath!!!!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 3 2019, 05:47 AM) *

@Acadian - Shadowfen isn't just Shonta Quassan's favorite region, it's mine as well. I love swamps, that's why I also love Point Lookout in Fallout 3. wub.gif Swamps and deserts are my favorite settings, followed by snowy regions.

@ghastley - Clark is looking good! I'd go with Leveque Lazare, becaose of his cool robe and because necromancers seem to be rare.

---

One for SubRosa

Absorbing

No chances for Urrai

Dancing in Hissmir

Dolmen explodes

Destroying the anchor

On the bridge

These are all great shots; but "On the Bridge" is my favorite = you have a knack for conveying a mood with your setting screenshots! Awesome screen!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 3 2019, 04:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 8 2019, 10:55 AM
Post #1738

Master
Group Icon

Some more pics from Shonta's last days in Shadowfen:

Bandits, chest and Dragonknight

"Where's Cat Man Dhou?"

Behind the enemy lines

Buffy helped Shonta in bringing down Captain Bones

Shonta "Liberator"

Fishing in Stormhold

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 8 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #1739

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 8 2019, 04:55 AM) *

Some more pics from Shonta's last days in Shadowfen:

Bandits, chest and Dragonknight

"Where's Cat Man Dhou?"

Behind the enemy lines

Buffy helped Shonta in bringing down Captain Bones

Shonta "Liberator"

Fishing in Stormhold

Oh, I love these screenshots! You really captured Shadowfen in that first shot! I think Zenimax did a spectacular job with making Shadowfen feel like a (somewhat creepy to non-Argonians) marshy jungle = actually even more like the original Murkmire from the Elder Scrolls earlier game felt than the Murkmire DLC gives; though I very much love the Murkmire DLC.

There is no doubt which screenshot is my favorite = HAS to be your Fiery lizard sitting in the chair!!!! What an Awesome shot that is!!!! All great shots; but that one can't be beat for one of those random things the pets do to keep us laughing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 9 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #1740

Councilor
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan looks at home deep within the marshes and swamps. His scaly blue skin gets soothed by the constant humidity down there. smile.gif

Aw, it's Buffy! wub.gif I really like her attire. Seems like she'd really blend into that environment. Ana Khanda approves; she's all about blending in.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:45 PM