6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Homes of your characters
Acadian
post Jan 17 2016, 02:03 AM
Post #21

Paladin
Group Icon

I like homes that are simple and cozy so a cottage in Aleswell sounds like a good choice. And with Emma's name on it, I'm sure it is a nice mod. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 17 2016, 02:55 AM
Post #22

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 17 2016, 03:03 AM) *

I like homes that are simple and cozy so a cottage in Aleswell sounds like a good choice. And with Emma's name on it, I'm sure it is a nice mod. goodjob.gif

I recommend it highly. And it has Fingerbowl Cave out in the back yard for a bit of convenient dungeon diving. It's pretty cheap, but you have to do the Zero Visibility quest first (which ain't exactly hard).
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 17 2016, 05:31 AM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

I have Aleswell Cottage in one of my games too. I have yet to find out how to move in though. I think the Waterfront shack is perfect for an Argonian. ha ye.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 17 2016, 05:45 AM
Post #24

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 17 2016, 06:31 AM) *

I have Aleswell Cottage in one of my games too. I have yet to find out how to move in though.

Oh, you do the Zero Visibility quest, and then go talk to Diram Serethi, who offers it to you at (dunno) 3000, 5000 septims, whatever.

[Damn, we need a unicode septim character, trying to think what it would look like. Maybe a pipe | with a tilde ~ superimposed. Sort of like a dragon mebbe. Ish.]
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 17 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Jan 16 2016, 11:45 PM) *

Oh, you do the Zero Visibility quest, and then go talk to Diram Serethi, who offers it to you at (dunno) 3000, 5000 septims, whatever.

Gah gah gah.. spoilers! panic.gif Sorry man, I wanted to figure this on my own! I'm old-skool like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 17 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #26

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 17 2016, 05:25 PM) *

Gah gah gah.. spoilers! panic.gif Sorry man, I wanted to figure this on my own! I'm old-skool like that.

Oh. But it's in the mod's readme, right there in the first section! (Mind you, readmes can be a little casual about spoilers. Which is not as bad a sin as not providing a readme at all. I hate trying to figure out what an oddly-named installer I downloaded 3 months ago and forgotten about is supposed to do, when a short note would have told me instantly.)

Oh, and it's 3,000 drakes. Very underpriced.

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Jan 17 2016, 09:04 PM
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 17 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 17 2016, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Jan 16 2016, 11:45 PM) *

Hey, it's not like they're 10 ten quests available in Aleswell and you have to do the right one to get the cottage. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 18 2016, 02:00 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't read Readmes for spoiler info though. I might read one for installation / compatibility info, but not for spoilers.

I've got several potential homes and potential quests (potential followers, whatever) in my games, and I have no idea how to start these potentials moving, because I'd rather stumble across the answer on my own, you see? I like surprises that happen real-time.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 18 2016, 02:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 18 2016, 02:34 AM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 18 2016, 03:00 AM) *

I don't read Readmes for spoiler info though. I might read one for installation / compatibility info, but not for spoilers.

I read all readmes religiously (many mod authors' single biggest complaint is that a huge percentage of users don't read the readmes at all, leading to a lot of pointless online questions). I don't, however, read the spoilers if they're 'below the fold' and flagged as such or (preferably) in a separate document. In this case, the info is near the top of the document, in the 5th para; and it is also in the 5th para of the Nexus page. (In fact, I just don't think Emma was setting this up as a kinda quest thing, all she was doing was adding one small condition to the home purchase.)

OK, Renee, I'm sort of trying to assure you that I do not do spoilers...

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Jan 18 2016, 02:38 AM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 18 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #30

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have written about Lothran´s homes in his fanfic thread but here´s a short summary: First he got the Imperial City waterfront shack for storage purposes, then he got the house in Bruma since Bruma quickly became his new home town and finally he got the house in Bravil because he needed a place to store collectibles from Shivering Isles.

I don´t have many good shots of his homes but I´ll try to rectify that at some point.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 18 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Interesting, crow. RG3 also uses the Waterfront Shack more for storage than living.

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Jan 17 2016, 08:34 PM) *

OK, Renee, I'm sort of trying to assure you that I do not do spoilers...

biggrin.gif It's okay man, I don't do spoilers if I can help it, that's how I role (see what happened there ha ha).

I have a pretty bad memory. Chances are one day I'll go into Aleswell and find a quest waiting for me that I didn't expect.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 18 2016, 01:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 18 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #32

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 18 2016, 02:36 PM) *

Interesting, crow. RG3 also uses the Waterfront Shack more for storage than living.

I have a pretty bad memory. Chances are one day I'll go into Aleswell and find a quest waiting for me that I didn't expect.

Actually, I used to do this too, leaving mods strewn round the landscape, used to have lots of mysterious houses and inns from stuff I'd forgotten I installed. Unfortunately I know what it all is now, I rather miss the mystery.

As regards house quests, not sure what the biggest one is, since I don't much care for really grand houses. (Never quite finished the Verona House questline, but I like to have the mod there for the town). I think the biggest and questiest I've owned is Hoarfrost Castle, a fine questline, great castle and location, but I haven't had a character want to actually live there. Too draughty maybe...

As for the Waterside Shack, my Argonian (who is no primitive, Mages Guild and everything) wonders how your people can neglect such a prime bit of real estate in favour of all those ghastly dry places they like to live in (if you're lucky, all you get is a little bit of rising damp). It's a bit small, but that hardly matters when the whole of Lake Rumare is your back garden.

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Jan 18 2016, 03:53 PM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 18 2016, 10:31 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric loves his Waterfront Shack. It stands in for his imaginary Anvil beach hut.

One pic

Two pic

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 18 2016, 10:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 18 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits, so nice to see Jerric in his Anvil beach cottage. I have always considered your use of fast travel to support that arrangement to be the most creative idea for fast travel I have heard. Indeed, I have mentioned it a couple times during some of those delightfully cordial BethSoft forum threads about fast travel. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 19 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

The shack looks a lot nicer than I remember it! Maybe its because Chris Hemsworth is standing in it! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 19 2016, 12:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Jan 19 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #36

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 19 2016, 12:29 AM) *

...those delightfully cordial BethSoft forum threads about fast travel. wink.gif

Someone should make a list of phrases of that ilk (so Oblivion threads could come with trigger warnings). Off the top of my head:

Fast travel
Efficient levelling
Beat(ing) the game
Minmaxing
Nexus Mod Manager
Horse armor DLC
Skyrim
Metagaming

[Actually all fiction is metafiction and all gaming is metagaming. IMO. And so it begins wink.gif]
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 19 2016, 04:11 AM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 18 2016, 06:19 PM) *

The shack looks a lot nicer than I remember it! Maybe its because Chris Hemsworth is standing in it! laugh.gif

That would be my number 1 most favorite decoration! laugh.gif

Acadian, that made me grin. Delightfully cordial indeed. tongue.gif I confess I usually don’t have the nerve to peek into those discussions!

tegeus-Chromis, I think “toon” deserves a place on the list. It hurts me to even type it, but I know that for some it’s a term of endearment.

In housing news, I have a picture or two somewhere of Lil’s Shetcombe Farm from when she lived there. I just need to rummage around a little. Abiene lives in the Chorrol chapel somewhere, but I don’t think she’s decorated at all. I’ll take a look and see if she spread any of her stuff around. I’m pretty sure she at least put out some flowers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 19 2016, 08:30 AM
Post #38

Spam Meister
Group Icon

How nice and neat Jerric´s home looks, Grits. Lothran´s is full of things all over the place tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 19 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, Vania the cleaning lady must have just come by. tongue.gif Jerric isn’t a collector. Most of the things in his inventory are for giving to other people.

I expect that Lothran also has a low table and chair(s) in front of the fire. Jerric didn’t buy all of the furnishings. He needs room to move. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 19 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

I really like Jerric's shack, it's small but cozy and it's not too cluttered. Very creative to use it as an imaginary shack on Anvil Coast, I didn't know about this until now.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:38 AM