> A New Sun Rises - Maxical's Adventures, The Truth Behind The Oblivion Crisis
mALX
post Apr 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

The Arcane

Chapter 15: The Bloodworks

The sound of the healing fount being activated woke me. I was laying on my back across the top of it and Owyn was leaning over me working on my shoulder and side. The infusion of magicka and healing spells bathed me in their aura, washing away the pain and exhaustion. I had heard it go off several times, I must have been in bad shape at the end of the match. Owyn was a master healer and could be compared to Arch Mage Traven for his healing ability. If he could only learn to be silent while he healed you.

"You did it! You got the crowds behind you! People will be coming to see you fight now, I'm moving all your fights to the weekends from now on. That thing you did with your tail, you had 'em eating out of your hand out there! Now you listen to me, Maxical. I didn't think I'd see you come out of there tonight. Don't get cocky now and stop your training. It could have gone either way tonight, you know that as well as I do. You made mistakes that could have cost your life. You need to train harder than ever now." Owyn was babbling. I closed my eyes again and let him work on me, hoping he would think I was passed out and stop jabbering.

Owyn was right, I had been cocky going into this match. Till today I had been fighting against people that really were raw recruits. Today I had been seriously challenged and really didn't think I was going to come out of that Arena.

All my dreams of being a warrior came down to this match. Was I going to learn from it and improve; or take the fear it had instilled in me and run away, quit the Arena. Owyn was right that I needed to train harder, but training is never against someone who wants to actually see you dead. How smug one can get when they do well in a practice; but it is all a game, play acting. There is nothing serious in that practice room.

What I faced today in that Arena was what the raw recruits I fought before now must have felt when they went up against me. But I was still playacting even then. The thought that I was killing them, actual death ... it never occurred to me even as I left the Arena a victor and cleaned their blood from my sword. Today was the first day that reality set in.

And yet ... the crowd today. It is an addiction that begins in your soul the first time they chant your name. You need them, live for their response, crave their voices calling your name. It feeds a hunger inside you that you never knew existed till that first time, that first experience of having them there for you. Now I know what "You live for that crowd out there" means; but what about the end of that? What about the other half of that saying Owyn has pounded into our heads, "You die for that crowd out there." What about that part of it? Am I willing to die for them? I know I almost did today, but am I willing to go back in and take that chance again? I know several that have, for I had to wipe their blood from my sword. But that was before it was almost my blood on someone else's sword, and them leaving the Arena the victor.

My usual buoyant spirits were subdued by the fight today. I had to make a decision on if I wanted to continue or not. I wished I could talk to Alix, wished I hadn't runaway from home. There was only one other person I could ask for advice on this, my friend Agronak. When Owyn got me wrapped up like a mummy I hobbled over and signaled him to let him know I'd be waiting for him when he got done practicing.

My mat is behind Ysabel Andronicus, she is the Battle Matron here. She handles the Grand Championship fights, and is Agronak's trainer and manager since he is the Grand Champion. At night she manages the women that sleep in the Bloodworks on an unofficial basis. We sleep where she tells us to. She can't stand having women in the Bloodworks, and the feeling is mutual. None of us can stand her.

She is insanely jealous over Owyn. Now, we all love Owyn, but no one is fighting for a place on his mat including Andronicus. She just doesn't want to see anyone else with him. They have a history that none of us can stomach picturing. We are all just glad it never came to fruition, if any of us had to see the two of them kiss we would all go out and throw ourselves on the next sword.

I guess because I was the youngest female in there she had pointed at me my first day in the Bloodworks and then pointed to the mat behind her. "That is where you sleep." She commanded.

It didn't matter to me when she is sleeping, but awake she has a very coarse and strident voice. Today she was doing a lot of loud hollering, her brash voice edged against my nerves. I needed a quiet place to think. I signaled Agronak again and pointed to the other end of the room down by the fount. There were a few mats in a dark corner there and it was quieter. Only one mat was occupied by a man pleasuring himself. I slumped down on the mat furthest from him.

There is a saying, "If you haven't seen it in the Bloodworks, it don't exist." It's the truth. Of course we all have to undress and change in front of each other, but there is much more that goes on pretty much out in the open down here. It took me a while to get used to it, my eyes stayed bugged out of my head constantly at first.

My first day in the Bloodworks was the first time I had actually ever seen what a man looked like naked. My first reaction, (which thankfully I kept to myself) had been "GAAAH!" But I was trying to sound mature and worldly, so I held that in. Instead I pointed to his member and said, "What is that?" and then looked down at my own self wondering if it was something that would grow on me now that I had the blue show.

"It's my sword." He said, and began walking over to me. I think he was about to show me something when Andronicus stepped up and dragged me into the corner to finish changing. My head was turned back as she dragged me away because the appendage had begun changing in shape and size.

Andronicus explained a whole lot of things to me in a very coarse way that surprisingly made things a lot clearer in my mind about everything than the Arcane ever did with their lectures on biology. Suddenly a whole lot of the dirty jokes I had told made a lot more sense. I now knew how babies were made as well.

I didn't sleep well my first night, my mind kept drumming up images of all I had seen that day. In the middle of the night I suddenly thought of Fathis. I sat up so quickly that the movement woke Andronicus.

"What is it?" She hissed.

"Fathis Aren." I whispered.

Andronicus sat up right away. "What about him?"

I swear butter could have melted in her mouth how sweet and interested she sounded suddenly. Her eyes were agog.

"I just realized what those men were saying about Fathis Aren all those years ago."

Andronicus insisted on hearing everything. She listened as if devouring every word till I told her that I was promised to Fathis.

"You can forget about that. Fathis Aren is a proud man, and would not sully himself with any of the beast species nor a fighter from the Arena, not even for a night's pleasure." Andronicus spat.

Some instinct told me she had been interested in Fathis Aren and had not prevailed. I wondered if her feelings for Fathis had been the reason she turned down Owyn's marriage proposal.

Still, what she said cut deeply. Fathis was a very proud man, I knew this about him. I just always thought his feelings for me overcame the fact that I was of the beast species. She had to be correct, though. At the end of every fight I always scanned the crowds to see if Fathis was there, he never was. I think that night was the first time I realized that I had lost any chance I had with Fathis when I lost his golden armor. And now here I was in the Arena, and Andronicus as much as said that Fathis turned her down because she was a fighter in the Arena. I lay back down feeling like someone had punched me in the stomach.

Eventually you become inured to the things that go on in the Bloodworks. After a while it becomes no big deal to see anything. I stopped gaping at everything that went on there and my eyes went back into my head. I doubt there is much that could surprise me or shock me now.

Agronak woke me. "I know what is bothering you, I can see by your bandages . You had your first tough match, didn't you?"

I nodded, pulling myself up till I was seated with my back leaned on the filthy wall behind me. Agronak sat next to me on the mat, his huge bulk eating up the remaining space.

"You know, that is a decision you have to make yourself. I can tell you why I chose to stay in after my first tough fight, but I'm not you. That is something you have to find inside yourself that keeps you fighting, or not find and decide to leave the Arena." Agronak said, taking my hand. "I heard you had the crowd eating out of your hand out there today." I leaned my head on his massive arm and listened to him talk about his first bad fight.

Agronak is my best friend here. He is the first Orc I've ever known. I was drawn to watch him practice just like all the other Pit Dogs who buzz around him like a mosquito. Agronak has moves even Alix doesn't know, and he performs them with such grace and precision that you are left dumbstruck watching him. It is deceptive too, that grace. It masks the power he is capable of and has lured many a dead man to think they could beat him in the Arena. I've tried to imitate him, just like everyone has.

His Arena persona is 'The Gray Prince' which I thought was odd because Agronak is a blue Orc. He doesn't take teasing from anyone about that, which is something you learn by the mistake of doing it. I was awestruck by him just like everyone else, and sought to start up a conversation with him hoping he may show me some of his moves. My idea of a conversation starter was to ask him why he didn't call himself 'The Blue Prince'. He took one look at me and laughed.

"When you become champion you should choose the title 'The Mouthy Marauder'". He said with a toothy grin.

"No sense warning them in advance." I spouted back. That started our friendship.

Everyone was surprised I had been able to tease Agronak and live to tell about it, but I know why. It is because we are both the wrong color for our race, that is what really bonded us as friends. We had both been ostracized by our own race and treated like freaks by others.

Agronak overcame it by pushing himself to a good education and by making Grand Champion. He was well respected now, but it hadn't always been that way. He shared things with me he had never shared with another because we had that bond. Things like that have a tendency to draw you together.

******* Owyn:

IPB Image

******* The Blue team Gladiator

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 29 2016, 07:50 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
D.Foxy
post Apr 5 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #62

Knower
Group Icon

Holy SHIPS, mALX.

You just keep getting better and better.

For those of you who don't fully understand, take a look at her first attempt to write about Maxical in the Arena. EVEN THEN if was pretty freaking good...

..but now, it's even better. We have a gritty, sand-in-the-feet realism of life raw and naked in the Bloodworks: an almost perfect slice-by-slash depiction of a duel to the death: psychological insights into the nature of crowds and crowdpleasers, and the parasatic, symbiotic relationship between them: and in addition to all this, we have - to use a Buddhist metaphor - Maxical, the "lotus in the mud" - she who is in the raw and ugly world of death, and yet not of it - who glides through the story and draws us all in...

...ah, I babble. Yes, I am not ashamed to do so. Who else? Who else but mALX could have done this, and not being content to do this once, do this TWICE, and better the second time around?

Thank you for gracing us with this, mALX. And when you become a best selling millionaress, remember us, your first fan club, 'kay?
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 5 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #63

Wise Woman
Group Icon

And when you become a best selling millionaress, remember us, your first fan club, 'kay?

As I've said! You're a PRO!!!

Adorable sweet Maxi....but what about Fathis? I'm curious...and a bit worried!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 5 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #64

Mouth
Group Icon

That last update was brilliant. It's that simple, you vision of the bloodworks fits so well with how it might be, none of this slightly grotty but more or less ok stuff from the game. You capture how different and desensitised people who live with that amount of death would become and paint a gritty picture of it. It also work well to show a change in Maxical.

Excellent stuff.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 6 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #65

Paladin
Group Icon

Very nicely done mALX! I was impressed to see that Maxical realized she had been cocky during her most recent fight and addressed the hazards of that. There was a lot that you brilliantly put in this - wonderful. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 6 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #66

Knower
Group Icon

Incredible mALX. I have always been in awe of your ability to write 2000 words of non-stop humor into a chapter. Very few can do that. In this chapter, however; you have done the same non-stop transition into thoughts and reflection. Wow!! The whole thing flowed so smoothly and you kept Maxical's thoughts seeping down to us throughout. Simply incredible!!

I’m moving all your fights to Saturday nights from now on.
I would prefer to see the word Loredas here instead, but unfortunately the word 'Saturday' looks very different and you were probably worried that the impact of the meaning would be lost. If that is the case I understand.

Eventually you become inured to the things that go on in the Bloodworks. After a while it becomes no big deal to see anything. I stopped gaping at everything that went on there and my eyes went back into my head. I doubt there is much that could surprise me or shock me now.
Awesome part of the chapter here mALX. Very realistic. Bravo!!

Thank you for gracing us with this, mALX. And when you become a best selling millionaress, remember us, your first fan club, 'kay?
No chance of this. When mALX is sunning herself down at the Bahamas (aboard her 300 ft yacht, of course) we are the last people that she will think about. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Apr 6 2010, 07:13 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Apr 6 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

I echo everything that has already been said. With everything that she has already been through, sometimes it’s easy to lose track of just how young Maxical still is. Thank you for rendering her combination of world-weariness and naivete so expertly. goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 6 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

A lot to smile, chuckle and laugh out loud about in this chapter:

These thoughts about Andronicus and Owyn that made me laugh out loud, in the way of parents and what they do when the kids aren't around:
They have a history that none of us can stomach picturing. We are all just glad it never came to fruition, if any of us had to see the two of them kiss we would all go out and throw ourselves on the next sword.

Another laugh-out-loud moment:
My first day in the Bloodworks was the first time I had actually ever seen what a man looked like naked. My first reaction, (which thankfully I kept to myself) had been “GAAAH!” But I was trying to sound mature and worldly, so I held that in. Instead I pointed to his member and said, “What is that?” and then looked down at my own self wondering if it was something that would grow on me now that I had the blue show.

Agronak is one of my favorite characters in the Arena storyline. This assessment of his character rings very true:
Everyone was surprised I had been able to tease Agronak and live to tell about it, but I know why. It is because we are both the wrong color for our race, that is what really bonded us as friends. We had both been ostracized by our own race and treated like freaks by others.

Well done, friend!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 7 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

@ Foxy - Thank you so much Foxy, to hear those words from you means tons to me!!!! You are always appreciated!!
@ Minque - Thank you very much Minque! I appreciate your kind words so much, and was tickled to read about Serene. I hope to find time to finish the thread soon in case you will be adding to it, but I was struck by the similar backgrounds our main characters share - Cool !!!! Fathis should re-enter the story soon, in more ways than one, lol.
@ Olen - Thank you so much Olen! I actually took the atmosphere and goings on in the Bloodworks from the Jockey room at Hialeah Park in Florida (horse racing). I thought there would probably be a similar atmosphere in the Bloodworks due to what had been essentially a man's world for a long time suddenly being invaded by women, lol.
@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian! Oh yes, that fight definately took her down a few pegs, lol. You are greatly appreciated Acadian!
@ Winter Wolf - Thank you very much Wolf! I took your advice and changed the wording, and you are right about my reasons for doing it. I wasn't happy with the Saturday either, but didn't push my brain hard enough to come up with a solution till you said that. I think it works much better now, I changed it to "Weekends." You ROCK Wolf!!!!
@ Destri - Thank you so very much Destri!!! Maxical was pretty sheltered and so is somewhat immature for her seventeen years. Her curiousity has a tendency to get her into situations, or she may say the wrong things sometimes. Because of that, I really wanted to make sure her naivete was remembered, I am glad that came across. You are so appreciated Destri! Thank you!
@ Hauty - I was so hoping someone would pick up on these lines, Thank You so much Hauty!!!!! I cut one line out of there for word count that was another one children think behind their parents backs, lol. (When Andronicus explains the facts of life to her I had Maxical thinking to herself that maybe it was something Alix and S'Jirra needed to hear since they wanted a baby so badly - "I was pretty sure they didn't know about this...")

On the reaction to her first sighting of a man naked - I admit that one was my own first reaction, ROFL!

I like Agronak so well, and after my first game have never done his quest again until I did this story and my game glitched. You are so appreciated Hauty!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 7 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

The Arena

Chapter 16: The Gray Prince

Agronak explained, the Gray was the wrong color on purpose, it was a joke on himself being the wrong color. The Prince part was accurate, he was the son of a Lord. It surprised me to find out that he was of mixed race.

Something about that really struck home with me. My face shows none of the standard Khajiit features, and my fur is fine and sleek, almost like a skin. Most Khajiit have coarse thick fur. It wasn't the first time I had wondered whether I was the product of a mixed union.

For Agronak it had helped him to know there was a reason behind his odd appearance, and within myself I knew that it would be so much easier to accept it if I knew my appearance was due to a racial mixture rather than just a deformity of nature or a freak accident of genetics.

Agronak and I spent every minute together if we weren't in a bout or training. We usually ate together and sat and talked till 'lights out' when he would head across to his bed in the Yellow team Bloodworks. We knew gossip buzzed around both Bloodworks about us, but we were just friends, the thought never crossed either of our minds for anything other than that.

He mostly ignored the gossip unless he thought someone had cast a slur against me. I think how the gossip started in earnest was the fact that we held hands a lot. It was just an affection between friends and meant nothing to us, but obviously meant quite a bit to others. That and Agronak appeared to like my singing. Anyone who has ever heard a cat sing; well no explanation would be necessary.

"What the hell is that horrible noise? Is someone injured?" Owyn came flying out of the back room.

I stopped singing and dancing and looked around. "I didn't hear anything Owyn."

Was that the first time I realized my singing was not a pleasant experience for the listener? No. I could fill a book with the clues before that.

Adamus Phillida thought someone was torturing the prisoners. Irlav Jarol went into an apoplectic fit and had to be healed. Fathis would laugh himself into stitches. Alix said he loved my singing, but mysteriously always had something to do outside when I started. Arch Mage Traven said he was sure it could be used in battle as a form of psychological warfare, I could infiltrate and bring them to their knees with my voice and aim.

It never bothered nor stopped me from enjoying singing. I won't even begin to mention my dancing, but suffice it to say that on more than one occasion someone called for healers thinking I was having some form of walking seizure.

Owyn came charging up. "The Black Horse Courier is here. Agronak, you go talk to them while I prep Maxical."

Agronak squeezed my hand before getting up. I watched his carriage and facial expressions change from Agronak to The Gray Prince. Owyn's training is very strict on representing our public persona, how we answer questions and handle the public when we go out. It is especially important with reporters, because they know how to ask questions that can trip you up and get you to reveal something you shouldn't. The Bloodworks was closed to outsiders, especially the press. All interviews were held in the garden area outside.

"You remember everything I told you? They will probably ask..." Owyn began going over the drill. Before I went outside for the interview Owyn gave me a gate pass to give Hassiri and reminded me to tell him my fights were moved to the weekends now.

Hassiri from The Black Horse Courier always watches the promotion in rank matches and interviews the victor. A lot of odd things are pulled for rank matches, like how the Yellow team sent three men out to fight just me. They are the most interesting to watch other than the Championship fights. That last fight had been a rank match, I was promoted to Warrior at the end of it but was too injured to stand in the ring for my belt or be interviewed, Owyn was busy working on my injuries and so had sent Agronak up to the Arena to get the belt and talk to the press.

Owyn had always been with me for the interviews before, I was surprised and a little nervous to be handling it on my own. He had pegged exactly what most of the questions would be, though. Hassiri started off asking about my injuries. I gave the scripted answers Owyn had briefed me with, smiling and looking in his eyes as we are trained to. Then he started asking questions I had not been briefed for.

"Can you show me some of those fancy tail moves you made in the Arena?"

"I can do better than that, why don't you use this gate pass and come see me fight when I get off injured status. They've been moved to the weekends from now on. You may see me do something with my tail I haven't thought of yet." (smile)

"Moved to the weekend already? That is pretty good for a Warrior rank. Did you think it was a dirty way to do business when they pitted you against three that outranked you?"

Owyn had not schooled me for that one. "The Yellow team lost three good men in that match, Owyn thought they were just doing housecleaning." (smile)

"You did a couple moves out there I hadn't seen done in the Arena before, I'm referring to the beheading and goring, are these specialized moves, and where did you receive your training?"

I was getting in over my head, he was asking questions I hadn't been schooled to answer.

"You'd be surprised what moves you can think up when skewered on a man's longsword. My Arena training comes from Owyn and my Blade training from Alix Lencolia. The tail tricks come from Azura." (smile)

"Will you be making any of them your signature move?"

"Right now my signature is staying alive out there, but so far I haven't seen any other tails in the Arena." (smile) Oh thank goodness, here comes Owyn. If the interviews last too long he knows they are asking questions he hasn't schooled us on.

"There has been a lot of talk about you and The Gray Prince, can you confirm for the readers what your relationship is?"

"Oh, we are not related. He is an Orc and I am a Khajiit. But we are friends, all of us Arena fighters are friends. There is no Blue or Yellow teams in those Bloodworks, but one family unit until we get into that Arena. Out in the Arena there are no friendships, no family. Any thoughts you have in that Arena other than the fight will get you killed." (smile) Come on Owyn, hurry up!

Owyn signaled me and I thanked Hassiri for the interview while Owyn slipped him two more gate passes and gave him a run down on my injuries and the upcoming fights for the article. I hurried back inside hoping I had answered correctly.

The debriefing with Owyn went well, surprisingly. I told him what had been asked and what I could recall of my responses.

"You did better than expected under the circumstances." Owyn was beaming because as he walked up he had heard me quoting his training in my last response. "That was quick thinking. You did well."

I heaved a sigh of relief. "Owyn, Hassiri said those three men outranked me. Is that true?"

"They were ringers, couldn't you tell?"

"I never thought about it." I really hadn't.

"You've got the Yellow team scrambling to find fighters to pit against you. They are trying to get rid of you. You're good with that sword Maxical."

I flushed, Owyn does not give out praise easily. Then again, he may be throwing me a bone hoping I won't give up. And being good with a sword almost didn't save me in that last match. I still needed to think about it.

That there was gossip about Agronak and I within the Bloodworks I knew, but I thought it was odd to be questioned about it by Hassiri. That had stunned me a bit, how could silly gossip from our Bloodworks have reached the ears and imagination of the press?

It is true Agronak was protective of me, mostly without realizing it. When you are an enormous Orc with a reputation for merciless slaughter in the Arena it doesn't take much for someone to back off and feel threatened. With Agronak all it usually took was a glance.

When the Black Horse Courier arrived the next day I was startled to hear the sound of some liquid being spewed and Owyn roaring. "MAXICAL! GET YOUR [CENSORED] IN HERE!"

I hurried in and was shocked to see Owyn's face a bright red color. My eyes fell to the coffee drenched edition of the Black Horse Courier in his hand. The floor was dotted with sprays of it. Had he called me in here to clean up his spill? My eye caught sight of a towel on the cabinet. Glancing up at his steaming face I snatched the towel and quickly started cleaning the coffee off the floor with it.

"DID YOU SAY THESE THINGS TO THE PRESS?" Owyn bellowed.

"But ... you said I did well in the debriefing; did I say something wrong?"

Owyn's hands were shaking as he pointed at a place in the paper. "Housecleaning?"

"But; I heard you say that..."

"That is not something you repeat to the press!"

I saw him scanning down the page and his eyes suddenly started from his head. Uh Oh. "I didn't know Owyn; er ... I think I may have received a head injury in the fight."

Owyn's hand was shaking and he was pointing at a place on the paper. His mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, but no sound came out ... at first. Then it was just a roar like a raging minotaur. I glanced at the page where his finger was.

"But; I was skewered on his longsword, I don't understand..."

Andronicus hurried over and pointed to my mat behind her chair. "Git, NOW!"

I was confined to my mat so Owyn could get over being mad at me. The worst part of it was, I would not have made him mad on purpose for anything.

******* Agronak:

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 29 2016, 08:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 7 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #71

Knower
Group Icon

Even when Maxical is trying to be a good kitty it still goes against her. She is too honest for her own good.

“There has been a lot of talk about you and The Gray Prince, can you confirm for the readers what your relationship is?”
“Oh, we are not related.

Magnificent come back there!! I love it.laugh.gif

His mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, but no sound came out
Damn those non-talking fish!! They must be coming from the water around Bravil. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 7 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

Oh, too many to quote here! I loved it all!

But the part about Maxical's singing and dancing rings so true. Those who have ever witnessed a pet cat in heat will agree that it is the most obscene display in the animal kingdom.

I won’t even begin to mention my dancing, but suffice it to say that on more than one occasion someone called for healers thinking I was having some form of seizure.

Just a nit based on experience: when I get panicked calls at 2 am about a young female cat crying in pain, they're not having seizures, they're having trouble walking! Think Madonna writhing on the floor doing "Like a Prayer" at some awards show back in the '80's. Scandalous! I usually tell them to bring the kitty in so I can make sure it's what I think it is (otherwise if it's not, we've got some bad juju going!).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 7 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #73

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes indeed! This was great fun to read. It all flowed very naturally. I really like how you incorporated the BHC into this one. I didn't realize Maxical was such an entertaining singer and dancer! Well done (again), mALX! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 7 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

@ Winter Wolf - Thank you so much Wolf! ... Hey, aren't you up in the middle of the night? I never saw you up at this hour before, lol. You ROCK Wolf!!!
@ Hauty - ARGH! My poor Maxical was not rolling around on the floor in heat, ROFL !!!! I hope that image doesn't stick in anyone's mind, ROFL !!! You had me in stitches with this! I fixed it to "walking seizure" hope that clarifies the image in your mind, you must have had an influx of cats lately in your practice, ROFL !!!!

I was trying to drum up an image more along the lines of of Elaine in Seinfeld dancing, ROFL !!! (with the thumbs, lol.) It was described as "A dry heave set to music"

Thank you so much Hauty, you made my day with your descriptions, lol.
@ Acadian - Thank you so much Acadian! I have been trying to add a little something to the original each time for anyone who is re-reading her story so they don't get bored, lol. You ROCK!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
D.Foxy
post Apr 8 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #75

Knower
Group Icon

Arch Mage Traven said he was sure it could be used in battle as a form of psychological warfare, I could infiltrate and bring them to their knees with my voice and aim.

It never bothered nor stopped me from enjoying singing. I won’t even begin to mention my dancing, but suffice it to say that on more than one occasion someone called for healers thinking I was having some form of walking seizure.

PRICELESS!!!

You’d be surprised what moves you can think up when skewered on a man’s longsword.

I SCREAMSNORTED so hard at that one....and the, lo and behold...

Owyn’s hand was shaking and he was pointing at a place on the paper. His mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, but no sound came out…at first. Then it was just a roar like a raging minotaur. I glanced at the page where his finger was.

“But…I was skewered on his longsword, I don’t understand…”

I suppose Owyn completely forgot that the *real* editor of the Black Horse Courier was a certain finger-in-many-pies D.Foxy...the DREADED master of swords, bawds, spears, fears, bows, beaus, poisons, poissons, martial arts, marital british boat ... AND innuendo..

Didn't he remember that before the name change, that newspaper used to be known as the the "Black FOX Courier"???

Tsk, tsk, Owyn. Punk'd by DFoxy again!!!
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Apr 8 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #76

Mouth
Group Icon

Using the interview with the Black Horse Courier as a narrative hook is just brilliant!

“But . . . I was skewered on his longsword, I don’t understand . . .”

Hilarious! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

@ Foxy - I remembered Damien Reynard pointing at the Black Horse Courier in "The Debriefing" when I wrote that, your overly excellent idea of having him point to a place on the page! - couldn't resist using it and seeing if anyone else was reminded of that! Thank you so much Foxy, I even laugh at your antics months later, lol. You are always hugely appreciated!
@ Destri - I have been trying to make this rewrite add something to the original for those that have read it before (so they aren't bored reading it again, lol) - while trying to slim it down but keep Maxical intact, lol. Feels like a juggling act - so if I have cut something you want in the story, or added something that sucks, please don't be afraid to TELL ME !!!! ROFL !!!! I'd rather know while it is fresh and I haven't deleted the hard copy, lol. Thank you Destri, you are Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

I wanted everyone to see this, one of Maxical's readers sent me this to the BGSF - For those that have been keeping up with the story over there Maxical has been very ill - She said she drew a healing amulet on her to help her get well - I cried like a baby! Thank you so much Ariel, YOU ROCK !!!!!!!

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
D.Foxy
post Apr 10 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #79

Knower
Group Icon

I STILL demand to know what "wee wee on my Tee Pee" means!!!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(D.Foxy @ Apr 10 2010, 02:44 PM) *

I STILL demand to know what "wee wee on my Tee Pee" means!!!

Oh, is that what I sent you!!!! I couldn't figure it out by your cryptic PM, ROFL !!! It had to do with some comment you made on the date I sent that, so check the date and roll back in your posts to see what you said that brought that up - ROFL !!!! It may have been the Chocolate pudding comment, but I can't remember right now. I will dig around and see if I can figure it out, but it was something you said that triggered it.

As far as the poem goes, SOMEONE used to say that to any men that came in our house and happened to need to use the bathroom while there. - Yes, his humor was as twisted as mine, ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

107 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:56 AM